Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,932 members, 7,896,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 12:21 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (899) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4578685 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (896) (897) (898) (899) (900) (901) (902) ... (3719) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 1:05pm On Mar 15, 2018
Rubbiish:

Lol
I am not an engineer o
I am also a client like u
Check my posts, i just love construction like our thread founder hajj. mufutau

When i said we should gladly spend on our build, i wasn't referring to people in diaspora alone. I was referring to everyone building a house, regardless of location.

All I am saying is roofing two flat house shouldn't not be more than 80K
Contractor will not use more than 10 carpenters
Daily rate for a carpenter is about 3500 to 4000
I have a Friend right now in Lagos visiting doing electrical work wiring
A contractor in Lagos told him 300k, for less than five bedroom , two living room all bedroom has ensuite bathroom
why Four flat was wired in Benin for less than 100k
Told my friend go get the dude that did your house in Benin to come do it
My friend will be pay less than 100k
Yes, Money don't grow from trees

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Flaghouse1: 1:10pm On Mar 15, 2018
TheMinimalist:
Let's create a new orderly thread. I will supply the pictorial illustrations and writings . before creating the thread , i would like you to provide me with information. All you have to do is tell me the prices of each item and other details , so that i'll create a good illustration. we will start with the dimension of land plot ,whether 100 ft by 50 ft or 120 ft 60 ft and where in Nigeria these dimensions apply. For example a plot of land could be 60ft by 120 ft in Ogun state, it could be 50 ft by 100 ft in Akwa ibom or Enugu state . A plot of land could be 300,000 naira in Nsukka Enugu while it could be 150,00 to 200,000 naira in Tureta Sokoto .
the first two pages of the thread will cover everything regarding construction ,including prices of items . for example , price range of street lamp post ,window designs,sizes and prices range.

Good initiative, this proposed thread would be very detailed in terms of requirements for building different house type (bungalow,Dulles,blocks of flats etc)
This will give a potential house owner the leverage of cost and quality In terms of builds and also tailor his funds to what his expected house type outcome will be like at the end of the project.

My advise is to let readers be aware of the contributions and importance of using professionals at every stage of the build so as not to adopt a "DIY" techniques at some stages of the build as an avenue to save cost.

Good luck in anticipation of thread creation and will be willing to follow this thread for knowledge impartation
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 2:37pm On Mar 15, 2018
TheMinimalist:
Let's create a new orderly thread. I will supply the pictorial illustrations and writings . before creating the thread , i would like you to provide me with information. All you have to do is tell me the prices of each item and other details , so that i'll create a good illustration. we will start with the dimension of land plot ,whether 100 ft by 50 ft or 120 ft 60 ft and where in Nigeria these dimensions apply. For example a plot of land could be 60ft by 120 ft in Ogun state, it could be 50 ft by 100 ft in Akwa ibom or Enugu state . A plot of land could be 300,000 naira in Nsukka Enugu while it could be 150,00 to 200,000 naira in Tureta Sokoto .
the first two pages of the thread will cover everything regarding construction ,including prices of items . for example , price range of street lamp post ,window designs,sizes and prices range.
I am not a Quantity surveyor sir
I can always be helping with the basic info & knowledge i have about building construction.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 15, 2018
For fellow astute DIYers, if you have data/time I recommend this YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJT0gEjUE-0

This is the kind of person that motivates me. It's not rocket science.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 2:52pm On Mar 15, 2018
TheMinimalist:
I just went on an American forum and my question has been answered within 20 minutes. this means Nigeria is truly a shitt hole . below are quality Answers from intelligent minds with pictorial illustration. .

I asked : Okay, you know I'm a Computer engineer who plays with software. But I'm curious to know how the depth of foundation is calculated. Logically, it should be directly proportional to the height of the construction. But with that logic, super tall structures would need a super deep foundation.

One of a few Answer I got : it depends upon various factors like the type of soil, function of the building, wind loads, which earthquake zone the building is to built in, and the depth of underground water table. What I'm wondering is why a computer engineer needs to know about foundations ? Personally, I'll tell Foundation Engineering is the most boring subject amongst all the civil subjects.

Also, I would like to tell you one thing about your logic. Depth does not depend upon height. In fact more height means more loads coming on the soil which means greater area required at the base. strength depends on width of base rather than depth.
@bold isn't true. Depth of foundation works greatly with height, reason why pile is recommended for high rise buildings.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 15, 2018
--
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Idealer(m): 3:58pm On Mar 15, 2018
TheMinimalist:
can you tell me what you want here ,I don't have time to check my email
Saw your other thread and realized we have similar taste as I am currently in early design phase. I just wanted to know the source of the pics. I have scouted Google in the past yet some of these designs, l have never seen.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 5:56pm On Mar 15, 2018
TheMinimalist:
Is Flat concrete roof cheaper to than conventional roof?
No sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 6:00pm On Mar 15, 2018
TheMinimalist:
Is Flat concrete roof cheaper to than conventional roof?
Even the maintenance is expensive bt when properly handled in design we tend to overlook their shortfalls.
the also give good years in comparison to the conventional roofs and also serve as an added usable space. if need be.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 6:11pm On Mar 15, 2018
asids55:

this is my first time building,the money ain't an issue,I would not even be aware of this if not for mr saydfact who I give daily pictorial updates of the progress of the work..he made the issue aware to me and when I confronted the engineer,he said they usually put mats for waterlogged lands etc.
All columns must carry mat the size and thickness may very depending on the height for any story building need minimum of 900mm x 900mm mat for all columns off course this varies depending on a whole other factors.please stop the work and demand that mats be introduced.
Plus get another engineer to come take a look because at this stage all the starter columns should have been in plave and we should be seeing reinforcements o our foundation.
Finally let me advice all building a story building as much as possible if you ca afford it always do a framed structure.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 15, 2018
akinolaolujide:

All columns must carry mat the size and thickness may very depending on the height for any story building need minimum of 900mm x 900mm mat for all columns off course this varies depending on a whole other factors.please stop the work and demand that mats be introduced.
Plus get another engineer to come take a look because at this stage all the starter columns should have been in plave and we should be seeing reinforcements o our foundation.
Finally let me advice all building a story building as much as possible if you ca afford it always do a framed structure.

Thank you, Sir.

I will always use a framed structure on all my future builds.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sheelay(m): 6:15pm On Mar 15, 2018
akinolaolujide:

Please, what do you mean by a framed structure?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 6:24pm On Mar 15, 2018
sheelay:

Please, what do you mean by a framed structure?
A framed structure is a network of beams and columns joined up to form the skeleton framework of the building. The structural frame carries the total load of the building and transfers it to the foundation. simple put i hope it helps.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 6:36pm On Mar 15, 2018
akinolaolujide:

I thought all storey buildings are frame structures sir?
Or u are talking about the approach?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 6:45pm On Mar 15, 2018
Rubbiish:

I thought all storey buildings are frame structures sir?
Or u are talking about the approach?
Technically N0, let me se ow simple i can put this. Most building that are built because the structural members ( Columns and Beams) are constructed along with the Building fabric (Block wall) yes the bulk of the load is carried by the structural members but is also shared by the fabric. now by using this method u gave shaddy contractors the upper hand as they can conjure any mix for yo ad get away with it.
Now if all the members attains curing( allowed to proper dry up individually), U better sure of the structure and u are confident and 90% of contractors will never joke with that.
It gives ur building more years.
i ope i tried i simplifying it.
thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 6:58pm On Mar 15, 2018
akinolaolujide:

Technically N0, let me se ow simple i can put this. Most building that are built because the structural members ( Columns and Beams) are constructed along with the Building fabric (Block wall) yes the bulk of the load is carried by the structural members but is also shared by the fabric. now by using this method u gave shaddy contractors the upper hand as they can conjure any mix for yo ad get away with it.
Now if all the members attains curing( allowed to proper dry up individually), U better sure of the structure and u are confident and 90% of contractors will never joke with that.
It gives ur building more years.
i ope i tried i simplifying it.
thanks
This is not true sir.
The post & beam approach maybe more accurate in sizing & neater, but it doesn't make the block/post&beam less of a frame structure.
What determines the frame is the column & beam connection.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 7:16pm On Mar 15, 2018
Rubbiish:

This is not true sir.
The post & beam approach maybe more accurate in sizing & neater, but it doesn't make the block/post&beam less of a frame structure.
What determines the frame is the column & beam connection.
i dont intend to Argue with you on this i will simply give 2 clear analogies and corroborate with what you said.
1 if your assertion are correct that why arn't tall building done in the fashion because they want a strictly framed building.
2 i dont know your profession but i know for a fact that the use of block wall allows flexibility to the quantity and dimension of steel in design, whereas all this does not arise wit framed structures.
lastly read my post clearly never said it was not effective but its definitely not the best like agreed form work makes the dimension of the beams and columns much more precise and accurate.i know good structural and builders will never joke with dimensions of Structural elements.
i will also like more enlightened contributions. We are all still learning.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 8:03pm On Mar 15, 2018
Still on the matter LUC(Land Use Charge)
LASG Reduces Land Use Charge, Introduces Installment Payment System
15th March, 2018
- Lagos WatchDog

...Cut Commercial Charges by 50%,
...Reduces Charges for Owner-Occupier with 3rd Party by 25%

The Lagos State Government, in its desire to build world class infrastructure and improve the well-being of its citizens reviewed the Land Use Charges payable by all property owners. This exercise was received with mixed feelings by various interest groups who expressed serious concerns.

In line with this administration’s tradition of inclusive governance and civic engagement, and as a Government that is committed to the welfare of its citizens and understands the importance of continuously engaging the populace, we undertook extensive dialogue with various stakeholders on the Land Use Charge (“LUC”) revised Law and its implementation.

Consequently, we received a wide range of responses from our dialogue with various stakeholders on the amended LUC Law 2018. The stakeholders included the Organised Private Sector, Nigeria Bar Association, Real estate investors & developers, Landlord & Resident Associations, Community Development Associations, Civil Society Organisations, Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industries (LCCI), Nigeria Institute of Estate Surveyors & Valuers and several other professional groups.

These various interactions formed the subject of extensive deliberations at the meeting of the Lagos State Executive Council on Wednesday, March 14th, 2018. The Lagos State Executive Council chaired by His Excellency, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, therefore resolved as follows:

1. Commercial Property: Commercial Property owners, who are undoubtedly the stakeholders mostly impacted by this amended Law will be granted 50% discount. This means a commercial property valued at N20 million which was earlier billed N91,200 will now pay N45,600 per annum.

2. Property Occupied by Owner and Third Party & Property Used for Industrial and Manufacturing Purposes: These categories of property will now enjoy 25% discount. This means that a N20 million property expected to pay N30,720 will now pay N23,040 per annum.

3. Owner-occupied Property: This category of property will enjoy 15% discount. For a N20 million property, this used to be N9,120. Now, it is N7,752 per annum.

4. The penalty regime for late payment of LUC has been waived completely. Therefore, LUC payers who have received their bills will no longer be penalised for late payment of bills issued in 2018, thereby providing additional relief to LUC payers.

5. Other rates and reliefs, apart from the ones stated above, will remain unchanged and will be implemented as stipulated by the Law. These include 40% general relief, 10% for 70 years and above, 10% for properties owned by persons living with disability and 10% for properties that are 25 years old and so on and so forth.

6. Owners of Property across all categories will now be allowed to make payments by instalments. This will help to reduce the burden of taxation on our citizens.

7. We appreciate and commend property owners of all categories who have performed their civic duties faithfully by paying the LUC.

Consequently, as a result of these new measures, those who have paid the original amount will be awarded tax credits to the extent of the excess amount paid and carried forward to next year.

It is our fervent desire to ensure that we empower every property owner with the self-assessment provisions of the law. Therefore, we shall forward to the Lagos State House of Assembly for review and passage the following regulations:
a) The Regulation for review of applicable rates and regime of reliefs on Categories of Properties pursuant to LUC Law.
b) The Regulation for a framework for self-assessment

We implore all stakeholders to participate effectively in the legislative proceedings and sincerely appreciate them for trusting the current administration with the responsibility of investing the revenue from LUC in infrastructure renewal and overall development of our State. We will continue to make your tax work for you.

Itesiwaju ipinle Eko lo je wa l’ogun!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 8:12pm On Mar 15, 2018
Double post ++++++
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 8:14pm On Mar 15, 2018
^^^^^^^ Hian, l said it that the tax is ridiculous, personally I still think it is too high, it should be reduced drastically, once they address some of the infrastructures that are not in place, then you can increase the tax or alternatively, visit every property either commercial or private, evaluate what has been spent on infrastructural provision by the building owner and from there do your calculations, you don't just wake up with a kangaroo bill to harm home owners who are already going through pains, I, support tax payment but it has to be justified

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tompeters(m): 8:54pm On Mar 15, 2018
Please who can help me with company price of longspan roofing sheets with 0.45 thickness....

Info from ASABA ALUMINIUM COMPANY will be appreciated also
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 10:02pm On Mar 15, 2018
ceelog:

Nice. I like the idea that it's doesn't need to be installed with hook. What's the going price for the fan? Other varities available?
They range from 70 to 120k depending on the size and design.
Yes there are several other designs

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 10:09pm On Mar 15, 2018
sako28:

Yes I got your point. Was in a resort in Kenya and saw ceiling fan install with POP. just trying to think outside the box and know is possible. As oga Sypder said vibration is a big factor that need to be considered. Below is picture of the fan I saw.

It's certainly Possible. This is installed with a base plate too.

This is a Fan that incorporates a lamp, those posted above are Chandeliers that incorporate the fan functionality.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 10:46pm On Mar 15, 2018
akinolaolujide:

i dont intend to Argue with you on this i will simply give 2 clear analogies and corroborate with what you said.
1 if your assertion are correct that why arn't tall building done in the fashion because they want a strictly framed building.
2 i dont know your profession but i know for a fact that the use of block wall allows flexibility to the quantity and dimension of steel in design, whereas all this does not arise wit framed structures.
lastly read my post clearly never said it was not effective but its definitely not the best like agreed form work makes the dimension of the beams and columns much more precise and accurate.i know good structural and builders will never joke with dimensions of Structural elements.
i will also like more enlightened contributions. We are all still learning.

The analogy you gave is spot on. Both of them are frame building both the one where all the formwork are done according to size, the concrete is cast and properly cure to attain the required strength is better and more economical when one is building more than two suspended floor.

You have already enumerated the advantages of this type of construction earlier, which include not limited to;
It enables the dimension of the beam and columns to be accurate since a form will be created for them instead of using the block partitions
It enables proper vibration of the structural members (especially the columns)
It enables proper detailing schedule of reinforcing steel
It enables proper curing of the structural members ( wetting of members especially columns is better using this method)

The disadvantages include the following, as related to Nigeria construction environment;
Lack of proper bonding between the partition walls and the structural members ( especially columns, so many building have this horizontal cracks between the point where the partition block work join the columns and beams
It requires more formwork and brazing of formwork when it is not properly brazed it can collapse under the weight of fresh concrete or vibration of the concrete poker machine

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 11:12pm On Mar 15, 2018
Rubbiish:

@bold isn't true. Depth of foundation works greatly with height, reason why pile is recommended for high rise buildings.

He is right. The depth of foundation doesn't actually depend on how tall the building is but the location of suitable soil strata with the right properties that can carry the anticipated load of the structures, and the loading intensity of the structure.

take a look at this simple Rankin's equation for calculating the minimum depth of a shallow foundation
Dmin = (q/g) * [(1 – sinØ) / (1 + sinØ)]2
here, we have q = floor loading intensity
g = unit weight of soil that the foundation is resting on and
Ø = repose angle of the soil
floor loading intensity is a load of a structure over the area that the structure is resting on, in simple terms, it is all the load coming through the columns or walls divided by the floor area of the ground floor

unit weight is the dry density of the soil multiply by the acceleration due to gravity

the angle of repose is also a soil property

In conclusion, the depth of foundation depends on how high the floor loading intensity or the safe bearing capacity of the soil, how closely packed the soil particle is and the position of the water level

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:22pm On Mar 15, 2018
abdulwastecx:

He is right. The depth of foundation doesn't actually depend on how tall the building is but the location of suitable soil strata with the right properties that can carry the anticipated load of the structures, and the loading intensity of the structure.

take a look at this simple Rankin's equation for calculating the minimum depth of a shallow foundation

floor loading intensity is a load of a structure over the area that the structure is resting on, in simple terms, it is all the load coming through the columns or walls divided by the floor area of the ground floor

unit weight is the dry density of the soil multiply by the acceleration due to gravity

In conclusion, the depth of foundation depends on how high the floor loading intensity or the safe bearing capacity of the soil, how closely packed the soil particle is and the position of the water level

I salute una shocked

I agree that he's right.

Skyscrapers only need to reach bedrock, in most cases. The baskets of major bridge columns are man size.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 12:57am On Mar 16, 2018
twinskenny:
65k for borehole yearly?

For a Government that has failed woefully in its duty to provide citizens with portable water supply (under Fashola, you could trust that Water Corporattion will give you drinkable water from your pipes, at least a few hours everyday), `this Ambode Govt is really crazy, to put it mildly!

He cant provide Water, yet he wants to prevent citizens from sourcing for their own water by over-taxing their effort.

A lot of citizens would need to remind this A.P.Cheat Govt. of Ambode, come 2019, that trying to exploit us and inconvinience us, is a sure way to his failure and that of his party.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Commonsense101(m): 1:00am On Mar 16, 2018
AZUH:
you dey laugh me
people don dey congratulate you left and right you don dey do anyhow abi.... You better declare surplus for the house!!! free bottles of anything you're drinking

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 1:03am On Mar 16, 2018
Those that are not Civil Engineers think we are crazy when we go against the visible common sense theories that they believe is structural. But thats the money maker for us CE. We understand the principles that governs structure and it gives us economical advantage when we design homes.

Example; in one of my project, my roof design was less than 400K( wood and Long span Alumin). The roofer keep saying that the material wasn't going to be enough and i just told him to get the damn quantity i calculated. Guess what, we even had left over after the roofing was done.

I cant wait to relocate to Nigeria and expand my housing stock. lastly, Building in Nigeria is so Basic. Try building in a climate that has seismic and snow condition, then you will know that we are not building anything yet in Nigeria.

abdulwastecx:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Commonsense101(m): 1:28am On Mar 16, 2018
true2home:
Those that are not Civil Engineers think we are crazy when we go against the visible common sense theories that they believe is structural. But thats the money maker for us CE. We understand the principles that governs structure and it gives us economical advantage when we design homes.

Example; in one of my project, my roof design was less than 400K( wood and Long span Alumin). The roofer keep saying that the material wasn't going to be enough and i just told him to get the damn quantity i calculated. Guess what, we even had left over after the roofing was done.

I cant wait to relocate to Nigeria and expand my housing stock. lastly, Building in Nigeria is so Basic. Try building in a climate that has seismic and snow condition, then you will know that we are not building anything yet in Nigeria.

I swear !!!! extremely basic!!! alot of conditions and considerations typically factored into designing buildings in the west that africans dont need to worry our pretty heads about. wetin concern Naija builder with tremors, wind pressure, windblown snow infiltration etc

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Commonsense101(m): 1:36am On Mar 16, 2018
twinskenny:

Yes it is very very possible won't advice the old type.of ceiling fans though.. like the one allcopacetic display those ones are not heavy....
Are you certain or just making assumptions.
I have two large and one small and even the smallest of them weighs more than two regular fans put together.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 1:38am On Mar 16, 2018
oyb:

the problem is that people are not sinking boreholes out of choice, but because the government has failed

i can understand the government taxing commercial boreholes, but taxing domestic boreholes is just abuse of power

i actually see the signs of uncontrolled boreholes - sink holes etal,and i am in agreement on the need for some form of regulation, but the first real step is to provide people with pipeborne water

there is pipe borne water in ikoyi, at least along awolowo road,

people will not be inclined towards community boreholes if the place is not their last bus stop

your average landlord is a greedy mofo, only concerned with rent and unlikely to pay towards a community borehole. your tenant who has aready spent enough money fixing things the landlord didid not handle will not be inclined toward investments he/she would have to abandon eventually

Even the community Borehole is not a solution because the Govt of Ambode will simply give you a Tax, the size of "community"! grin

Water is a human right, the consumption of which should have nothing to dow with whether you can afford it or not.
The Poor need drinkable water to survive and so do the rich.

It is a survival requirement and as such, should have nothing to do with Money.

I have paid over 80K to have Govt water in my compound and after three days, they said their pump developed problem.
I waited for almost two months and since they keep folding one hand over another, l had to pay and sink a Borehole.
One year after, they brought me a Water bill which l otre in their presence and asked them to buzz-off or sue me to court.

Now, imagine if l could not afford to sink a borehole, will l die of thirst or will l be buying from unsanitary "mallam Kegs" and at what cost to me?

A Govt that has failed in its primary rsponsibility, has the gut to start imposing more taxes on people?
What about increasing the minimum wage, so people can have more disposable income and then pay more taxes like VAT, on luxuries they buy?

Really, how much (percentage) of our Tax goes into the development of our state/Country, with all the very bad roads, erratic power supply (even with pre-paid meter!), poor health facilities, poor or non existent road drainage, dirty or non-flowing Water supply, refuse the size of mount kilimanjaro everywhere, e.t.c

Where are the TAXES going into?
Into Tinubu's pocket via Alpha-Beta and that his LCC scam?
Into Ambode's pocket via his/their white elephant projects like Eko Atlantic City?
the rest are looted by LGA chairmen, Perm Secs, Directors, e.t.c.

So, Ambode is just trying to raise more funds for LOOTING and electioneering, now that 2019 is around the corner.

I am a supporter of paying adequate taxes.... but l insist on seeing what it is done with..... not just dashing it out to Nollywood stars in the name of trying to sell what is unsellable/promo

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (896) (897) (898) (899) (900) (901) (902) ... (3719) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.