Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,055 members, 7,970,260 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 03:36 AM

FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News (15686 Views)

FG Sacks John-Kennedy Opara As Christian Pilgrims Boss / FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price / One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by Reptyle(m): 8:11am On Oct 09, 2015
Errrr....is there anybody that has responded to this post that actually read beyond the wrongly cast headline

Where in that entire article did it say anything about government "sponsoring" pilgrims

Seriously guy!!! C'mon!

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 09, 2015
arinzest:
i do not believe $11m wl b given to pilgrims. its just funds set aside for them to access. instead of d current exchange rate of about 205 naira, they wl get at 160 naira. the difference is far less than 11 million dollars for crying out loud guys.

i do not support use of state funds for religion as we dont have any official religion. however, i see PMB playing to d gallery cos of misconceptns abt him. he stopped FG sponsorship of muslim pilgrims. nothing happened cos he is a muslim.

if PMB stops sponsorship of christain pilgrimages, d media outcry esp on social media will be immense. the wailers will scream ISLAMISATION.

Religion is personal. faith is between u and ur God. i despite loudspeakers of mosques as i despise loud speakers of churches
I tell you my brother. I think he is trying to impress these set of people, Not knowing that they will never like him
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by missKiffy(f): 8:14am On Oct 09, 2015
Sai baba is not an islamist after all cool

1 Like

Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by cold(m): 8:14am On Oct 09, 2015
This is wrong on so many levels..deep sigh
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by mbulela: 8:15am On Oct 09, 2015
The stupidity of this govt is fast approaching GEJ levels.
After running, we will count miles. We will reward success and punish failure in 2019. It is the only power we have.
How do you defend this crap?
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by mbulela: 8:16am On Oct 09, 2015
Reptyle:
Errrr....is there anybody that has responded to this post that actually read beyond the wrongly cast headline

Where in that entire article did it say anything about government "sponsoring" pilgrims

Seriously guy!!! C'mon!
Are you too daft to see the exchange rate there?
Do you think the differential is offset with monopoly money?
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by johnayo01: 8:16am On Oct 09, 2015
olatunji21:

U lack Sense.. The President as a Muslim ignored his own Faith..Nobody subsidize anything for them... What else do u pple want.. Why not appreciate this man for once.

dat s d MRE reason y he is right
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by Godfullsam(m): 8:16am On Oct 09, 2015
Big Money Wasted. (BMW)
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by mbulela: 8:18am On Oct 09, 2015
CocknBull:
What is the importance of pilgrimage, does make one holy? I've been & still curious about this! Or is God in a particular location?
Scam organised by political pressure groups masquerading as religious organizations; CAN and SCIA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by hassan85(m): 8:18am On Oct 09, 2015
uupgrade:
ok, Only?
u are so ungrateful. U al shouted wen buhari said nothing is going to be payed on this years HAJJ now christians got some amounts to help them subsidize our currency and make tins earier 4 dem and u hav d gods to say "only"? Smh 4 u

1 Like

Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by wellmax(m): 8:22am On Oct 09, 2015
Illiterates here on NL. Please its PTA (personal traveling allowance). Those travelling will have to pay for it. What can be argued is the subsidized exchange rate.
FG is only saying they will only make available $11m available for purchase at this subsidized rate.
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by oz4real83(m): 8:25am On Oct 09, 2015
Is the president trying to pacify or atttact Nigerian Chriatians? He doesn't need to do this. We have always been by your side and have always prayed that u succeed in taking this nation to greater heights. Spending 11million dollars on pilgrimage is total waste. It is one of the reasons we voted out the last administration. We don't need WASTE anymore. Religion/faith is a personal thing and must be treated as such. Our people have so desecrated our nation to the extent that they now believe God only answers prayers made in Israel or in Mecca. This is a big lie. God has always answered my prayers irrespective of where I made the prayers! Even in the toilet or on my bed!!! What matters is your relationship with God and your faith. Govt should only play counselling and advisory roles. DON'T SPEND A DIME ON ANY RELIGION!!!. RELIGION IS PERSONAL!!!
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by 4stylz: 8:27am On Oct 09, 2015
politricks:
Abeg they should be careful o we dont want to hear stories that touch. May God be with them

We Christians don't behave anyhow
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by 4stylz: 8:28am On Oct 09, 2015
oz4real83:
Is the president trying to pacify or atttact Nigerian Chriatians? He doesn't need to do this. We have always been by your side and have always prayed that u succeed in taking this nation to greater heights. Spending 11million dollars on pilgrimage is total waste. It is one of the reasons we voted out the last administration. We don't need WASTE anymore. Religion/faith is a personal thing and must be treated as such. Our people have so desecrated our nation to the extent that they now believe God only answers prayers made in Israel or in Mecca. This is a big lie. God has always answered my prayers irrespective of where I made the prayers! Even in the toilet or on my bed!!! What matters is your relationship with God and your faith. Govt should only play counselling and advisory roles. DON'T SPEND A DIME ON ANY RELIGION!!!. RELIGION IS PERSONAL!!!

As long Muslim is taking, Christians must take it too, if you like cry from now till forever
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by Ziggyblaze: 8:28am On Oct 09, 2015
Why shld pple be so foolish that they cant read simple english and understand, the govt subsidized dollar rate not sponsored Pilgrims dumb heads
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by Reptyle(m): 8:30am On Oct 09, 2015
mbulela:

Are you too daft to see the exchange rate there?
Do you think the differential is offset with monopoly money?

I am aware there is a differential. But I am sure you can deduce from most of the responses that most are under the impression that the government is going to be handing out envelopes of dollars to intending pilgrims.

By the way, throwing insults at people or speaking condescendingly to others on a faceless forum doesn't make you look intelligent...actually does the exact opposite.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by rileyy(m): 8:30am On Oct 09, 2015
You're obviously a kid with zero brain and a very rare disease, fanatic like you

dayo23:
waste of funds, I know the Christians don't have problem sponsoring themselves to Jerusalem but those islam people will never support Government to stop sponsoring pilgrimage

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by chinchum(m): 8:32am On Oct 09, 2015
Absolute hog wash, this bullshhit must be stopped. Any one willing to go on religious pilgrimage must be able to afford it,

2.5 billion naira spent by FG for religious tourism is pure waste.
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by rileyy(m): 8:37am On Oct 09, 2015
Aren't nigeria chistians the most gullible folks on the face of the earth? Theyt alway find justification for things that favors their lot. Modern day christianity is a big scam
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by ThisMeansWAR: 8:38am On Oct 09, 2015
11million USD will build a small state of the earth research facility or vocational centers in Nigeria which will help lot of people and the nation
. but then , this dumb government wants to waste it on pilgramage to see some old dead countries that are feeding fat on these money..

For fhuck sake, when we gonna have a government that will ilise his head for once and not religion to think ?
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by mbulela: 8:39am On Oct 09, 2015
Reptyle:

I am aware there is a differential. But I am sure you can deduce from most of the responses that most are under the impression that the government is going to be handing out envelopes of dollars to intending pilgrims.

By the way, throwing insults at people or speaking condescendingly to others on a faceless forum doesn't make you look intelligent...actually does the exact opposite.
Your point is noted. However read your initial comment and see if same advice should not be applied to you?
You were condescending in your choice of words as you lumped thoses of us who were aware of the differential and referring to that and those who assumed envelopes were being given out.
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by mbulela: 8:41am On Oct 09, 2015
Ziggyblaze:
Why shld pple be so foolish that they cant read simple english and understand, the govt subsidized dollar rate not sponsored Pilgrims dumb heads
And in your understanding of English did you try to apply some basic arithmetic and see how much the subsidization amounts to?

1 Like

Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by godwil114(m): 8:41am On Oct 09, 2015
PRYCE:
See as money dey waste!!

This shit should be moved to the private sector please! $11m would do a lot for common Nigerians... I mean it'll be better sef if the government just goes out on the street and throws all of it in the Air!
mumu everything na waste.....
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by adetop4luv: 8:41am On Oct 09, 2015
eeeeeee:
Another move to justify the millions wasted on sponsoring the Hajj
nothin on Earth can satisfy man on earth except death am very sure if the federal goverment fails to do that u wuld still taghim as a selective and a Religious bigot man.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by ThisMeansWAR: 8:42am On Oct 09, 2015
Ziggyblaze:
what difference does it make? Is 11million dollars gonna be wasted or not?

1 Like

Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by ShammahBarnabas(m): 8:42am On Oct 09, 2015
I don't believe this.
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by 400billionman: 8:43am On Oct 09, 2015
PRYCE:
See as money dey waste!!

This shit should be moved to the private sector please! $11m would do a lot for common Nigerians... I mean it'll be better sef if the government just goes out on the street and throws all of it in the Air!

You did not read. If you read, you didnt understand.

It was approved, but it is not free. The pilgrims will purchase this $11m at an exchange rate of $1 to N160.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by PRYCE(m): 8:44am On Oct 09, 2015
godwil114:
mumu everything na waste.....
Your Papa na the mumu!... I'm so ready for you!
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by ransomed: 8:45am On Oct 09, 2015
It is high time the Federal Government ended the use of tax payers money to fund religious activities. Imagine the number of world class sewage treatment facilities, hospitals that huge money would have put in place for everyone. Nigeria is a secular state , let it reflect in policies, funding and governance. Thanks.
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by shipnclear: 8:46am On Oct 09, 2015
uuuuh...m
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 09, 2015
This is not a sponsorship of pilgrims.

The CBN will sell dollar at lower rates to the travellers. In my head though, I keep wondering if it's not a way for CBN officials to make 30% by selling it to the Bureau du change guys and tell us it was subsidized for pilgrims.
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by wiseoneking: 8:51am On Oct 09, 2015
buoye1:
Let me wait for religions and tribal bigots!

Baba i hail you
$11 million for christian pilgrim and $300 mill for muslim, not fair.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prince Ezeakonobi Madumere Buys Wheelchair For A Crippled Man In Owerri (Photos) / Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors / 'Nigeria’s economy under siege over bad government choices’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.