Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,379 members, 7,901,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 09:43 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3870) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4972103 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3867) (3868) (3869) (3870) (3871) (3872) (3873) ... (5745) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 4:48pm On Jul 24, 2021
Ghost1994:

Sir, many partners don’t wanna get involve in HP again due to high dollar rate.

Imagine buying Corolla for 2.8m and give driver for 4m how many years will it take them to recoup their investments.

I’ll advice you to go for rental save up and get your own car from your savings.

Make sure you focus and cut your spendings… with 750-800k you’ll get a good civic, Kia, Hyundai, Volvo or even manual Corola

I wish you the very best of luck sir
can you advice where I can get a good car for 1.4m
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 4:50pm On Jul 24, 2021
Pearl1910:

I only launch my Indriver App at 12midnight when Bolt has shutdown.

OYO for those of us without bolt.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 5:00pm On Jul 24, 2021
AgentXxx:
At which junction? How much?

When coming from egbeda, the round about just by that Mobil gas station at moshalashi. They wanted more but the guys gave them 1k.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:35pm On Jul 24, 2021
MrCarter577:

Even if I just de start, say na until I do 1000 trips before I go know difference between fake & real transfer?

Time will tell... smiley
If them dey Sabi fake transfer nobody will fall victim. The only fool proof is wait till u get ur alert before u let rider go. But sometimes that can take hours. So u can't always do that, reason why some people fall victim

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:36pm On Jul 24, 2021
AgentXxx:
Ahh, how much una dey give them..

Normal normal
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:45pm On Jul 24, 2021
Crvrider:

Bro I drive as well. My dad has been pretty sick for some time now and yesterday I drove round Lagos from one government and private hospital to another: LUTH, LASUTH, IDC yaba, subol, isolo general hospital, igando general hospital...

It was after I had taken he and my sister home around 1am that I put on my Indriver app. When you say someone is wasted, I am the true definition of that yesterday.

Now, except you are telling me there's a thin line between sensibility and stupidity, I see no reason why that guy would set himself up like that.

Bro, you self check am now. As far as I am concerned that guy is trying to setup a gofundme account.

Lol...I know it may look that way, but trust me, it happens even to the most sensible ones.
Is Adeola Odeku safe?, Admiralty way nko, what off Osapa London..., Opposite Eko Hotel nko. Maryland bustop, Awolowo by Alade... These places may look busy, lighted and okay for a driver to just park, recline seat and take a short nap but until u hear this kind of story u will not think it that way. It can happen to anybody, the guy was just unlucky.

Like I said it's better he stops and sleep, than have a terrible accident that may claim lives. Only wrong thing he did was leave his door and or windows open...but then again u never know if he had enough fuel to run the car. Full time drivers get into dare circumstances at one time or the other. I can relate with what happened to him.

By the way, sorry for ur Dad, speedy recovery to him.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:54pm On Jul 24, 2021
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 5:59pm On Jul 24, 2021
Ghost1994:
Let me be honest here based on my experience on this hustle.

I got my Corolla back then on higher purchase just 2 years ago. Have finished paying for the car though.

I’m responsible for 100% repairs and during my 2years contract, I had accident ooh cry because I used to work like Jacky I mean i used to sleep on the island sometimes and I used to see heavy earnings 181k sometimes but not reflecting on the account nevertheless I don’t owe my partner.

Problem start arising during the times of repairing I’ll hustle for a month straight and spent almost 100k to fix car. Bushing leakage hub brake pad changing oil and so on just name it. cry

Suddenly I realized that I’m just paying bills which I’m grateful to god and paying my partner too but Mechanic is getting richer off me. To the extent that I drove my car to mechanic and the mechanic condemned the engine that was how I ended up driving for Moove to gather money buy engine (a story I shared here).

Fortunately for me, I had occasion in Ibadan and one of my friend apprentice drove my car to hit another vehicle just my bumper got scratched but I don’t know that grace of God just found me that day.

Am sorry for my story to be too long but kindly read digest and learn a lesson from it.

Getting to panel beater, (anybody that has been to Ibadan mechanic yard will understand how big it used to be. You’ll find everything you need panel, Rewire, mechanic etc.) naso mechanic approach me say my brake pad is low I say how much him talk say 2k or 1500 I said go and bring it he showed me I told him to change it gave him 5h and he appreciated.

I called mechanic aside and started asking him prices of part Corola part oh. I got shocked shocked brake disc tokumbo 6k for both side . Engine seats 4K each labor is so cheap. Let me stop here before Lagos spare part dealer come for my head.

I started fixing my vehicle in Ibadan afterward or buy part and told them to send it for me which I’ll use 1,500 collect and pay Lagos mechanic max 3k for labor.

Below is what I notice that’s eating our earnings most

1. Mechanic is the major problem here
2. Expensive part dealers
3. Fake part dealers
4. Driver saving culture
5. Still mechanic
6. Type of vehicle you’re using.

You can add yours….

My revelations so far, I’m working on goal to get second vehicle to give person to drive for me.

Who say you can’t build house with Uber money? Tell that person say he or she is stupid. Although not that house in banana island oh but eh get reason why I Dey go Ibadan every 2 months for inspection.

Below is what I’ve saved in this July alone and I shared some screenshots TOO.

Here’s my target a day I jet out
1. I must save 5k aside drop 1k in kolo and whatever remain will still go into savings

2. If I don’t eat at home before leaving or carry food along, i would branch chicken republic buy 2 refuel mill just 1250 naira. Or any nice restaurant but I don’t do this everyday.

3. I set my target and goals on daily basis

Kindly see my post and screenshot as motivation not for lazy I’ve got stories to tell when I finally achieve my goals grin grin grin grin

Saving app 154k
Cash on hand 70k with 5k each
I lost counting of kolo money cos it’s more than six months have been saving on it. Till December before I could get how much I’m saving.
I don’t need to share my account balance make nobody come for my head.
And that was my monthly earnings

I rest here wink

Omo you are trying am very impressive... Keep it up

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ghost1994: 6:40pm On Jul 24, 2021
dru23:

Omo you are trying am very impressive... Keep it up

Thanks boss I’m looking forward to join your league sir wink

Make I get 2 to 3 cars first grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ghost1994: 6:43pm On Jul 24, 2021
obinoral1179:
can you advice where I can get a good car for 1.4m

Sir naija used car na luck but trust me you’ll get a good car with that amount.

Just try to source on Jiji/Nairaland car sections

Also try and watch cars around Ibadan/osun/Ogun state.

I wish you the best sir

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrCarter577(m): 6:47pm On Jul 24, 2021
My email alert comes very late. So all I do is refresh my bank app, it doesn't take 2mins to reflect. Once I see you used a bank app to transfer and I see my name and ref number, I let U go. Nobody fit use app do fake transfer, na impatience de affect most drivers
Pearl1910:

Time will tell... smiley
If them dey Sabi fake transfer nobody will fall victim. The only fool proof is wait till u get ur alert before u let rider go. But sometimes that can take hours. So u can't always do that, reason why some people fall victim

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:52pm On Jul 24, 2021
XGhost:

This thing you said, yesterday I was around Ago, was just completing a trip when another one entered from just around the corner. Drove there, swiped arrive then called the number, switched off. Tried a few mor times, same thing. I just reclined my seat and slept. When I woke up it was reading 13 minutes paid waiting, I called again via the app this time, the person now cancelled. As I de turn to leave the street request entered to lekki, 1.4x... I sing imeelaaa oooo

That means you took an eighteen minutes nap... U b folw?gringrin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:59pm On Jul 24, 2021
Crvrider:

Don't know, I guess you might be right about that speed being a tactics, just so that in case they try anything while car is in motion, we might all have an accident, is that?

Some how too... But your doggyness, dressing, music and the manner at which you talk self also matters... One with evil intention will think you're tue one that wants to kidnap them selfgrin

Pro-covid-19 I most leave tue house 4/6pm weekdays while 6/8pm on Friday toll Sunday morning 1am.

I switch mood and dress differently at night.

This hustle na brain work.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 6:59pm On Jul 24, 2021
Crvrider:

Why pity for such a person? He's just plain stupid to me. If you feel like sleeping after putting so much hours, why not go home. In fact why not call it quit..go home and have a good rest. He's lucky they didn't carry him and his car.
As in
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 7:03pm On Jul 24, 2021
BAZ001:

Baba I on app inside restrictions cos na only coconut heads go fit survive this presents naija.

Aswear down, This week I join ants leagues conveniently. I’ve been sleeping since I got back from early hustle. Ants league is drive till you or car breaks down.
It’s like somebody came to break my body while asleep, feeling body pains like say I go farm.

Ants till next week. I’m done for the week.

A swear!

Today dull gan... No surge in most areas in ikeja at all... Me don dey go house abeg...

We continue tomorrow make I peave field for the ants to come play.

Laziness dey sweet small abeg

I can't come and kill myself

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrCarter577(m): 7:03pm On Jul 24, 2021
I sourced for naija used cars on jiji for 3+ weeks, till luck found me and I got clean one at Lekki/Ajah. Most cars I saw on the mainland in Ikeja, Ijegun, Isolo and Mushin had their mileage tampered with or had gear/AC issues. If you want very clean naija used cars, limit your search to Lekki/Ajah; the price may be a bit higher but it's worth it.
Ghost1994:

I wish you the best sir

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hopefullight: 7:06pm On Jul 24, 2021
Felicity0001:

Have you bordered to ask where that guy is today? How about hus partner?

Nonsense!!

Hes obviously in a better place now Doing great things now...unlike you.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:19pm On Jul 24, 2021
Felicity0001:

A swear!

Today dull gan... No surge in most areas in ikeja at all... Me don dey go house abeg...

We continue tomorrow make I peave field for the ants to come play.

Laziness dey sweet small abeg

I can't come and kill myself

I just enter my house, been out dia for like 2 hrs no single nice trip
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Juwonmania(m): 7:37pm On Jul 24, 2021
AgentXxx:
Send your digit instead,
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by row2ray(m): 9:04pm On Jul 24, 2021
In thinking of getting 2 fairly used kia cars to add yo the civic i bought and use for bolt … any input?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 9:30pm On Jul 24, 2021
Ghost1994:

I wish you the best sir
thanks for your response sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Juwonmania(m): 9:35pm On Jul 24, 2021
An aspiring driver o...
In case you do, I can drive o.
row2ray:
In thinking of getting 2 fairly used kia cars to add yo the civic i bought and use for bolt … any input?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 9:36pm On Jul 24, 2021
MrCarter577:
I sourced for naija used cars on jiji for 3+ weeks, till luck found me and I got clean one at Lekki/Ajah. Most cars I saw on the mainland in Ikeja, Ijegun, Isolo and Mushin had their mileage tampered with or had gear/AC issues. If you want very clean naija used cars, limit your search to Lekki/Ajah; the price may be a bit higher but it's worth it.
thank you sir for this
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 9:37pm On Jul 24, 2021
AgentXxx:
Risky but that was what I once did... Make an idcard of the company to denote driver.. But you should inform owner before doing it in case you need to call him or you can find friend you can always call to act up as your boss...

Ok 10x, I will jst proceed with new registration to avoid regret 10x
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrCarter577(m): 9:45pm On Jul 24, 2021
obinoral1179:
thank you sir for this

Most importantly, don't forget to go with your trusted mechanic. Ensure you check the custom papers; and use the VIN to check the car's history. Good luck in your search.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:46pm On Jul 24, 2021
Crvrider:

You're right about the rider being desperate and more over they where like 7-8guys. I carried 4 of them and another driver carried the other half.

I suspected the other driver was feli, but nah, feli too lazygrin to drive what that guy drove last night, jeez I didn't see the guys tail light till we got to the destination.

However, the reason I am seriously considering the night thing is just how free the roads are. The risk still dey cut my liver sha.
From where to where exactly for 10k, I'm sure average trip time will be around just 30 mins. How do manage police checkpoints during curfew? First time I got delayed and I found myself outside past 12 I had to give those mofos N500 but the second time dem hold me and my offline rider, na 2k the guy give dem. Since then I'm always running home like vampire running from sunrise
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 9:51pm On Jul 24, 2021
Dayo and Rukayat Studied Engineering at a University in kwara State. They were both Classmates and after Five years of Studying hard, they both graduated. After graduation, Fate took them through different paths of life.

5 Years later, Rukayat after much frustration of securing a job, ended up as a Secretary in a Building firm earning 50,000 Naira monthly.

Meanwhile, Dayo on the other hand, couldn't Secure a Job and ended up a Taxi Driver, He makes At least 5,000 daily and if he works for only 20 days in a month, He makes 100,000 Naira that month.

One Evening, Rukayat closed from work and was at the bus stop waiting for taxi when Dayo stopped. She hopped in when she discovered the taxi was going her way but little did she know it was Dayo. All through the journey, she was lost in her Phone.

She reached her bus Stop and after alighting, just when she was about paying, she took a look at the driver and their eyes met, wow! They were both happy.

"Is this you?" they both asked themselves simultaneously as if they planned it. Rukayat gave him money but Dayo insisted she keep it. He was happy to see her and for old time sake, he left the money for her even when she insisted that she wanted to pay. They both exchanged contact and left.

Well, Rukayat went home that night and was lost in thought. Not as if Dayo was looking bad but Dayo driving Taxi? She couldn't wrap her head around it. She Pitied him. Felt Sorry for him. If Dayo had allowed her she would have paid him and beg him to keep the change.

Little did she know that, Dayo actually has another Taxi running for him, He is a Land owner and he is planning on developing it soon. But because he was driving a Taxi, She felt Pity for him.

On the other hand, Dayo felt sorry for himself too. Before he slept that night, he remembered Rukayat, how neatly she dressed and nice she smells, "She must be earning over 300,000 Naira per month" he said to himself. He felt ashamed, He felt like a failure and he felt she was way ahead of him financially and otherwise.

Little did he know that, If Rukayat removes the transportation fare and feeding money from her monthly salary, it will take her at least 3 Months to earn what he earns monthly.

Sadly, this could be some of our reality, you measure your progress and success with that of your friends, Classmates and Relatives even with very limited information you have about them.

You think yours is worse because you look dirtier, you think yours is worse because you are not on Corporate wears, you think yours is worse because the other person acts and looks Nicer.

Stay Focused and Face your life. It's not a competition. Stop Comparing things, you don't have the full picture. Every one is running on his own lane. Be contented.

Copied!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:51pm On Jul 24, 2021
Pearl1910:

Lol...I know it may look that way, but trust me, it happens even to the most sensible ones.
Is Adeola Odeku safe?, Admiralty way nko, what off Osapa London..., Opposite Eko Hotel nko. Maryland bustop, Awolowo by Alade... These places may look busy, lighted and okay for a driver to just park, recline seat and take a short nap but until u hear this kind of story u will not think it that way. It can happen to anybody, the guy was just unlucky.

Like I said it's better he stops and sleep, than have a terrible accident that may claim lives. Only wrong thing he did was leave his door and or windows open...but then again u never know if he had enough fuel to run the car. Full time drivers get into dare circumstances at one time or the other. I can relate with what happened to him.

By the way, sorry for ur Dad, speedy recovery to him.

The way short nap comes at times without announcements. Just small waiting for request for 5mins and trying to reposition you don sleep go for like 20mins and the 20mins will be like 2mins. Most times it’s gbagan gbagan dt will wake me. I ve slept twice in front of the gate of riders after drop off.
But most times when I want to nap , I drive to any Shoprite/spar compound, eatery, hotels and likes. I don’t mind paying car park fee of 200N for 1hr than to allow LGA touts or thief rob me.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ghost1994: 9:51pm On Jul 24, 2021
pope191:

I just enter my house, been out dia for like 2 hrs no single nice trip

This our work na luck I came out late around 4.27pm
And still make something reasonable.

Thank God

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrCarter577(m): 9:53pm On Jul 24, 2021
Bolt said there's curfew but I noticed the app works even after 12am
Pearl1910:

Yea...made 15k already between 4am and 8.30am. BUT App is still working. I thought Bolt will shut it down. As e still dey on It's tempting me. grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:59pm On Jul 24, 2021
AgentXxx:
Me I no go fit consider night waka oo... The risk is too much but you get liver to carry four guys at that odd hour, once its past 8pm na only one passenger I dey carry oo if na guy, and e go siddon for front with me... I believe no be corolla or Camry you dey use grin
So many times wey I don run leave riders when I still dey do night regularly. Some I would refuse to enter their street, sometimes 4 guys would come out when I was expecting 1, they would be trying to open the doors but I would refuse to unlock. Next thing na to wind down small dey follow dem talk, dem go don laugh me tire but I no dey send. All in all it's God's grace that has been keeping us successful nightriders, because we are definitely smart but evil riders could be smarter

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:13pm On Jul 24, 2021
Ghost1994:

This our work na luck I came out late around 4.27pm
And still make something reasonable.

Thank God

Nice one, I saw badore twice from ogba this evening, but I don't want to go that far with the uncertainty of the election outcome

(1) (2) (3) ... (3867) (3868) (3869) (3870) (3871) (3872) (3873) ... (5745) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: pope191, northbird, nighov2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.