Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,395 members, 7,901,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:46 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3871) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4972165 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3868) (3869) (3870) (3871) (3872) (3873) (3874) ... (5745) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:20pm On Jul 24, 2021
donfortune48:

When people say that agreement is agreement, the image below comes to my mind.
Why will you rent a car, rough handle it and bring to the owner to fix?

The fact that car owners take responsibility in fixing the car, simply means that how much you make using that said car should concern them. No one should compare this with house rent and Landlords.

The more hrs you spend online making more money, the more likely it is for the car to brake down. And the owner takes responsibility of repairing it from the fixed rental amount while you're smiling with more money in your account.

My own advice to car owners is to find a way to make drivers solely responsible for repairs. Even if it means collecting only 20k/week rental. And before the driver drops the car, he must fix and repaint the car back to the condition it was when he rented it.
Actually it's supposed to be payment before collecting car keys and another refundable money paid for damages, but it is what it is now
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 10:41pm On Jul 24, 2021
deedee44:

From where to where exactly for 10k, I'm sure average trip time will be around just 30 mins. How do manage police checkpoints during curfew? First time I got delayed and I found myself outside past 12 I had to give those mofos N500 but the second time dem hold me and my offline rider, na 2k the guy give dem. Since then I'm always running home like vampire running from sunrise

Some where around ikola road to egbeda. The guys where going clubbing and seriously needed to be there, I guess.

As for check points, a whole lot depends on the police and their mood. When the curfew first started, I was caught by aswani police, na 10k I use bail my car.

This Buhari self, the man doings dey surprise me. Are you guys sure he hasn't forgotten he announced a curfew?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AgentXxx(m): 10:48pm On Jul 24, 2021
They have forgotten oo..
Crvrider:

Some where around ikola road to egbeda. The guys where going clubbing and seriously needed to be there, I guess.

As for check points, a whole lot depends on the police and their mood. When the curfew first started, I was caught by aswani police, na 10k I use bail my car.

This Buhari self, the man doings dey surprise me. Are you guys sure he hasn't forgotten he announced a curfew?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AgentXxx(m): 10:49pm On Jul 24, 2021
Those ile owe/meiran police post go don dey arrange their barricade by 11:45pm... No make mistake pass there oo
Crvrider:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CarGuideNG: 11:49pm On Jul 24, 2021
obinoral1179:
thank you sir for this

MrCarter5777:

Most importantly, don't forget to go with your trusted mechanic. Ensure you check the custom papers; and use the VIN to check the car's history. Good luck in your search.

Comprehensive VIN Checks & Reports

https://www.nairaland.com/CarGuideNG

http://.us/w/?c=a92b0a
[Direct WhatsApp Chat Link]

+234-701-111-6171. SMS/Call/Whatsapp

Available 24 Hours

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 3:40am On Jul 25, 2021
Felicity0001:

Tojah no be black bishop be this?

gringrin

You really dey worry.

Wetin happen to the black smelly mechanic to stop at a road side party to pack some rice.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by VaselineCrew: 3:55am On Jul 25, 2021
Crvrider:

Is there still curfew in Nigeria?

I thought it was canceled months ago?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 4:40am On Jul 25, 2021
Ghost1994:
Let me be honest here based on my experience on this hustle.

I got my Corolla back then on higher purchase just 2 years ago. Have finished paying for the car though.

Saving app 154k
Cash on hand 70k with 5k each
I lost counting of kolo money cos it’s more than six months have been saving on it. Till December before I could get how much I’m saving.
I don’t need to share my account balance make nobody come for my head.
And that was my monthly earnings

I rest here wink

Nice example of making the environment work for you!

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 4:45am On Jul 25, 2021
VaselineCrew:

Is there still curfew in Nigeria?

I thought it was canceled months ago?

Curfew is still active, after 12midnight.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 6:13am On Jul 25, 2021
obinoral1179:
thank you sir for this

MrCarter577:

Most importantly, don't forget to go with your trusted mechanic. Ensure you check the custom papers; and use the VIN to check the car's history. Good luck in your search.

Contact us on Whats-app now 08060365068 for Instant Vehicle History Report & Custom Duty verification

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 7:01am On Jul 25, 2021
BAZ001:

Thank you for your honesty grin

Just like wishing B’oohari is the president of Nigeria as you seeing in aso rock.
Buhari president on dashboard
Cabals or 2nd president ruling in reality (even Aisha said there are 2people ruling nig)

Don’t let this people talk you down, they will never agree with you on this.
Just the same way some people are still supporting APC/bubu in the midst of reality (insecurity & inflation) so will pearl1910, kanuisagoat, CheerfulGiver, Generalzodd and others will defend the dashboard/reality in bank account.

Did you see this thread?

https://www.nairaland.com/6666485/greedy-nigerian-professors-fat-salaries

Incase you have not, don't worry, I've brought an excerpt here for you. It's only Bolt drivers that want to go home with everything they earn. No one else does

They get these after tax and other deductions. Before deductions, a newly appointed Full Professor has N437, 499 and after deductions he is paid N332, 833 monthly. A Professor “at the bar”, is one who has spent 10 years as a professor and that is when he/she can earn consolidated pay of N555, 351 and following deductions their net pay comes down to N416, 743 monthly!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Passionate888: 7:40am On Jul 25, 2021
Crvrider:

Which curfew again?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 8:20am On Jul 25, 2021
[quote author=kanuisagoat post=104064086]

Did you see this thread?

https://www.nairaland.com/6666485/greedy-nigerian-professors-fat-salaries

Incase you have not, don't worry, I've brought an excerpt here for you. It's only Bolt drivers that want to go home with everything they earn. No one else does

Pension follow for the deductions ooo and at the end of retirement, prof. Go pack him "ajo" grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 8:29am On Jul 25, 2021
Oluwabengz:

Pension follow for the deductions ooo and at the end of retirement, prof. Go pack him "ajo" grin

You can also deduct your pension from your Bolt earnings na cheesy.

Just remember that there'll be even more deviation between what you have on the dashboard and what's in the account.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:53am On Jul 25, 2021
MrCarter577:
Bolt said there's curfew but I noticed the app works even after 12am

No....except you are already on a trip. App shuts down at 11:59pm till 4:00am

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sydneyboss(m): 8:53am On Jul 25, 2021
Juwonmania:
@Sydneyboss, wetin u dey find for our thread o.

Chai,monitoring spirits grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 8:54am On Jul 25, 2021
kanuisagoat:

You can also deduct your pension from your Bolt earnings na cheesy.

Just remember that there'll be even more deviation between what you have on the dashboard and what's in the account.

That one sef dey
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sydneyboss(m): 8:58am On Jul 25, 2021
Them don finally unban me, please house I need a car to work with... been off work for two weeks and I need to go back to work... I've my guarantor that is verifiable and I'm diligent and ready to create a working understanding with my partner.

I can deliver 35k if the partner will take care of the vehicle maintenance...

I can also deliver 30k or 25k as the case is and do a 50/50 maintenance split.

I will be waiting to hear from you. Thank you

080 3657 2371 that's my contact and I stay in surulere.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Juwonmania(m): 8:59am On Jul 25, 2021
Lol boss..
sydneyboss:

Chai,monitoring spirits grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sydneyboss(m): 9:03am On Jul 25, 2021
Juwonmania:
Lol boss..

I greet you specially sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:48am On Jul 25, 2021
hopefullight:

Hes obviously in a better place now Doing great things now...unlike you.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:52am On Jul 25, 2021
pope191:

I just enter my house, been out dia for like 2 hrs no single nice trip

Next week Saturday will be very busy...

Malaria tie me rope yesterday menh... I've been fighting for the past 6days now thank God I woke up better today

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:05am On Jul 25, 2021
Blackbishop:

You really dey worry.

Wetin happen to the black smelly mechanic to stop at a road side party to pack some rice.

My brother na buhari cos am oooh... The mechanic needs to eat abeg make dem free am abeggrin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:27am On Jul 25, 2021
[quote author=Oluwabengz post=104065910][/quote]

Don't mind them later na him go tell person to have an open mind where as he doesn't.

That is just salary alone oooh, other allowances not included o but a taxi driver don't have health insurance, housing allowance, children allowance or what is it call again self, no sick leave (if you fall sick partner will still collect money), no holidays, no accident allowance nothing nothing at all. No pension, no HMO... I've spent over 20k since Monday on medication on myself alone... Kids, wife and parents own no join ooh.

Many companies take care of hospital bills of their workers and maternity bills for their wives even if its a CS they cover for it, how many partners here have ever buy paracetamol for their drivers here let alone hospital bill? What you'll hear them say is, u invite me when u dey enjoy ur wife? Can imagine such a thinking! That's to tell you they're jealous you've a lovely wife who stands by you.

I've seen and heard lot of drivers jad accident that affected them, some can't drive again for life and some even lots their life to hijackers and robbers but you see their partners moving on to another driver even with the car or most of them sell it off. Driver is left to carry his cross all by himself. And one foolish dapotemi who bought a manual car for N700k has the audacity to demand 70% of revenue driver makes... Can you imagine that?!!! See the outright wickedness.

An average uber driver works 10-15hrs daily. He partners with an owner for say 2yrs stretch. Many drivers are here on rental for 1,2,3 years, some with one partner while some with just 2 partners in those 2-3yrs yet the car still doesn't belong to them. Partner has broke even and driver is still paying 25k/30k weekly. Most of them have not been able to buy their own car... No be korope we hear say jesusson dey drive now... Just imagine! This is sb that was paying partner 35k oh... Korope! It is well shall

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Juwonmania(m): 10:42am On Jul 25, 2021
Let's connect bro...
sydneyboss:

I greet you specially sir

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 11:07am On Jul 25, 2021
Felicity0001:

Don't mind them later na him go tell person to have an open mind where as he doesn't.

That is just salary alone oooh, other allowances not included o but a taxi driver don't have health insurance, housing allowance, children allowance or what is it call again self, no sick leave (if you fall sick partner will still collect money), no holidays, no accident allowance nothing nothing at all. No pension, no HMO... I've spent over 20k since Monday on medication on myself alone... Kids, wife and parents own no join ooh.

Many companies take care of hospital bills of their workers and maternity bills for their wives even if its a CS they cover for it, how many partners here have ever buy paracetamol for their drivers here let alone hospital bill? What you'll hear them say is, u invite me when u dey enjoy ur wife? Can imagine such a thinking! That's to tell you they're jealous you've a lovely wife who stands by you.

I've seen and heard lot of drivers jad accident that affected them, some can't drive again for life and some even lots their life to hijackers and robbers but you see their partners moving on to another driver even with the car or most of them sell it off. Driver is left to carry his cross all by himself. And one foolish dapotemi who bought a manual car for N700k has the audacity to demand 70% of revenue driver makes... Can you imagine that?!!! See the outright wickedness.

An average uber driver works 10-15hrs daily. He partners with an owner for say 2yrs stretch. Many drivers are here on rental for 1,2,3 years, some with one partner while some with just 2 partners in those 2-3yrs yet the car still doesn't belong to them. Partner has broke even and driver is still paying 25k/30k weekly. Most of them have not been able to buy their own car... No be korope we hear say jesusson dey drive now... Just imagine! This is sb that was paying partner 35k oh... Korope! It is well shall

Again, i had to check where i made submission that partners should get 70% revenue and i found none... Bring it out if you have any, or forever be damn into a bottomless cesspool.....i made you an offer for my bus, pls reach out now, this might be an opportunity for you to be able to be the MAN of your home...Don't go hungry, mama radu wont give you free rice. Oponu ara galatia.
The bus and the blue corolla dey wink for background...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:26am On Jul 25, 2021
Felicity0001:

Next week Saturday will be very busy...

Malaria tie me rope yesterday menh... I've been fighting for the past 6days now thank God I woke up better today

Get well soon boss

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:27am On Jul 25, 2021
sydneyboss:
Them don finally unban me, please house I need a car to work with... been off work for two weeks and I need to go back to work... I've my guarantor that is verifiable and I'm diligent and ready to create a working understanding with my partner.

I can deliver 35k if the partner will take care of the vehicle maintenance...

I can also deliver 30k or 25k as the case is and do a 50/50 maintenance split.

I will be waiting to hear from you. Thank you

080 3657 2371 that's my contact and I stay in surulere.

Which car were u driving when u got blocked and what happened to it?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 11:45am On Jul 25, 2021
donfortune48:
Apart from Nov/Dec, there have never been a time drivers were grossing over 200k a week.
But there were times drivers were remitting 40k a week on e-hailing.

This year seem to be the highest earnings year on Uber/bolt. And this year is also the yr with least rental fee for partners. (covid period exclusive).

Even Jesusson that was an ant driver here 2yrs ago never made 100k net a week and he was on rental 35k/week. He never made over 20k net per day, yet he was paying 35k/week rent judiciously.

He narrated his earnings here that time. He pays car owner 5k/day and saves 3k/day for himself.

Mind you, a toks corolla was less than 1.5m that time and car parts were far cheaper then to compare with now.

So I really don't know why the hate over car owners now and the inconsiderate attack we're metting on them now.

This is what I wanted to confirm from veteran Gazzuzz. But seems he doesn't want to get involved.

Below is some of Jesusson's posts 2yrs ago. And he was the president of Ants drivers association.

I remember this post from jesusson..Everyday i made 3k for my self and car owner takes 5k.. I take my 3k home but car owner still needs to bring his 5k tomorrow to fix the car... How apt! You have forgotten that you need that 5k to fix d car to make another 3k or 10k or 20k as d case may be.
If Gazzuz, who is a qualified mechanic could sit on d fence as it relate to ehailing biz, you can imagine what others are going tru.... Atleast he will ensure good part, labor to fix any prob on d car will be almost zero, he will do a thorough inspection b4 paying for a car, whether toks or naija used, he's doing his own biz so he has time, he can schedule his time as he deemed fit. Yet, he sold out all his vehicle as at that time because he wasn't making money... One of d reason, as i got to know is Bad driver, like felicity.. You try to help him but village people wont allow.
Felicity only focus on the prob drivers are facing, talks about accident, his wife CS, how he used 20k to buy malaria drugs.. You can imagine! Hoodlum driver using 20k to buy drugs to treat malaria, you think you're talking to idiot like you, is that the lie you told your wife/partner so as not to drop anything this week? How much is coartem? Abi werey ni boy ni? na inside gutter you sleep?

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 11:47am On Jul 25, 2021
pope191:

Get well soon boss

Get well wetin, you believe he's sick? Person wey wan scam partner this week, abi you know no say time to deliver don reach..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sydneyboss(m): 12:21pm On Jul 25, 2021
Pearl1910:

Which car were u driving when u got blocked and what happened to it?

I've never been blocked on bolt account, the unban i meant was from nairaland.

Secondly I was using a Toyota matrix 04 model which the owner gave to me to manage cos he intends getting a new engine , but overtime the engine got bad and he ringed the engine, it wasn't up to three weeks , it became worse. So we both decided we leave the car for now till he figures out what to do with his vehicle.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3868) (3869) (3870) (3871) (3872) (3873) (3874) ... (5745) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Jaysharp(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.