Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,095 members, 7,916,175 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 05:12 PM

Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner (11438 Views)

Poll: Will You?

Yes: 38% (28 votes)
No: 61% (44 votes)
This poll has ended

Man Killed By Friend Who ‘slept’ With His Wife / Hillarious Encounter With A 419ner / If Your Brother/Sister Rapes You. Would You Turn Them In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by argent(f): 7:08pm On May 04, 2009
tkb417:

ok grin grin na semantic be this na
how do you change a corrupt populace without the Govt?

i once told u people its God that will help us

I agree with you that it is only God that can help us and that the government can help change a corrupt populace.

But my point is this, the government didnot fall from heaven, the people we have in government are one of us that happened to force themselves on us (like we have the case of pdp) the corrupt people. They are still on of us the corrupt populace, so we cannot seperate the government from the populace, they are one and the same.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by phreakabit(m): 7:32pm On May 04, 2009
I would simply ask the individual in question to be wise enough,By simply having money management skills,and not partying "hard" just to prove a point to anyone, So that when he/she(mostly he's) is old enough they can use all the money they have gathered to Join their fellow "19" men in PDP and Other political parties in 9ja, and then really expand their trade, Note this time it wouldn't be just foreigners but a whole nation,this simply translates into = That "OBJ Money" $$$$ Ching Ching Mega bucks $$$$ grin

I love this country Only Country where anything goes, First I rob you then i tell you "Nigeria. Good People, Great Nation", and everyone cheers and applauds.
Encore! Encore! Encore! Encore!
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by Bassline: 8:39pm On May 04, 2009
phreakabit:

I would simply ask the individual in question to be wise enough,By simply having money management skills,and not partying "hard" just to prove a point to anyone, So that when he/she(mostly he's) is old enough they can use all the money they have gathered to Join their fellow 19 men in PDP and Other political parties 9ja, and then really expand their trade, Note this time it wouldn't be just foreigners but a whole nation,this simply translates into = That "OBJ Money" $$$$ Ching Ching Mega bucks $$$$ grin

I love this country Only Country where anything goes, First I rob you then i tell you "Nigeria. Good People, Great Nation", and everyone cheers and applauds.
Encore! Encore! Encore! Encore!

LOL, really funny. I totally agree.

@ Topic, depends on who the relative is
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 04, 2009
4 wetin!!!!!, which 419 pass d ones wey d people wey they label people "419" dey do?. look EFCC, ICPC, police, and the one wey the french will easily dismiss as de grandiose criminel - FG. I no go ever sing!
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by hackney(m): 10:24pm On May 04, 2009
Honestly?  NO
I wont even turn in a stranger i just had a massive brawl with if he was a 419ner.

The turn-in exercise should start from the presidency ( i think)
Not a principled response i know but im not turning in some guy trying to make a fast buck while CBN is Ya'radua's wallet
No, not today
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by agabaI23(m): 11:03pm On May 04, 2009
naija! I love you all.
I am not oblivious of the valid point everyone is making here about the corruption of our leaders but it baffles me how everyone seems to believe that there is no remedy.
The feeling of almost everyone here about Nigerian state is that of hopelessness.
No one seems to believe in integrity and a corruption free nation.
Some are going the religious road, God help us, they say which I am not against.
But how can God help us when you are ready to steal if you are given the opportunity.
It also baffles me that most of us seem to justify 419 just because the leaders are into it as well. Can two wrongs make a right?
Anyway, more answers please. Will you turn in your relative who is into 419? Can you say no his wealth?
The kind of support 419 is getting here just mirrors our disposition toward acquisition of wealth. No one cares how the money is made. What is important is how you can get some from him. Therefore  everyone goes about making money in dubious manner including the politician becasue no one will ask questions. His friends and relatives will hail him. The villagers will give him title.  The poor people will worship him. How will they not go ahead and rape us since all they get in return is worship and gratification.
Ignore them and treat them like they deserve and they will understand that they are not supposed to steal your money. But we will rather worship money. We will curse anyone who comes out of office without a fat bank account as being foolish. With Ukpabi Asika's maxim 'onye ube ruru ya rachaa' meaning let whoever the pear gets to enjoy it  literally.  Honour integrity and you will be rooting out evil and corruption.
We all are to blame.
Next please grin grin
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by Phony200(m): 11:21pm On May 04, 2009
No.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by hackney(m): 11:35pm On May 04, 2009
Agaba this is because Nigeria as a society has gone so far down the corruption route that trying to revert this state of mind from the 'grass-root' is almost like taunting the have-nots  and leaving the real thieves to their spoils.

This is by the way but a bit relevant:
Some things can be too late to solve like: its too late for India and china to ascend into the first world because despite their potential, events have been overtaken by their incredible population (lets not go into how much employment is required there to elevate their income per capita to 1st world status)

And Nigeria is heading that way in terms of economic status
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by mssiah(m): 11:38pm On May 04, 2009
First and foremost .You have to define 419.419 is deception of any sort.It is not only yahoo boys who are 419ners.A fake pastor is a 419ner a girl who dates a guy for money and later dumps him ,when he is dry is a 419ner.

A politician who promises heaven and earth during election and does not fulfill his promise when in office is a 419ner.A policeman who lies or demands money is a 419ner (they misinterprete the law to obtain money falsely).A Mechanic who buys fake parts to repair a clients car is a 419ner.

If i may add 70% of Nigerians are 419ners some do not know they are engaged in the act subconciously.
BUSINESS IN NIGERIAN INCLUDES A LOT OF DECEPTION,SO MOST BUSINESSMEN ARE 419NERS.

As for me I would rather report my local Government Chairman,than report a yahoo boy.While the yahoo boys destroys the image of Nigeria the politician create mass poverty.So I'll rather report a politician
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by mntpaul(m): 11:52pm On May 04, 2009
For this sort of activity, I would not turn them in.  Come on people, this is your family.  Your blood.  Let someone else serve justice, it will happen eventually.  Don't cross the line of family loyalty.  Keep yourself away from them, because you don't want to get caught up in that garbage. Stay safe.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:52pm On May 04, 2009
would you yarn such dust if the crime is done against your family?
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by mssiah(m): 12:04am On May 05, 2009
@ThiefOfHearts (f)

Has any of your family member been a victim .you sound very bitter.

No offense.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:07am On May 05, 2009
Um No. Do I have to be a victim to feel for other people?
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by mssiah(m): 12:19am On May 05, 2009
@ThiefOfHearts (f)

Reporting a 419ner in nigeria,is a waste of time.Because he will buy his freedom the next minute.Reporting to either EFCC or POLICE is a complete waste of time and resources.

There is no law in Nigeria.shit happens in Nigeria .
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:29am On May 05, 2009
who says this thread is only about Nigeria and since when are "419ners" ONLY in Naija?
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by agabaI23(m): 12:33am On May 05, 2009
hackney:

Agaba this is because Nigeria as a society has gone so far down the corruption route that trying to revert this state of mind from the 'grass-root' is almost like taunting the have-nots and leaving the real thieves to their spoils.

This is by the way but a bit relevant:
Some things can be too late to solve like: its too late for India and china to ascend into the first world because despite their potential, events have been overtaken by their incredible population (lets not go into how much employment is required there to elevate their income per capita to 1st world status)

And Nigeria is heading that way in terms of economic status
bros I get you but the major part of this rot occured within the last 20 years. I think Nigeria is still rememdiable. Remember Ghana in the 80's remember their economy? It took the embarrasment of being rejected even by nigerians for them to sit up. May be very soon there will be Nigeria must go bag grin
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by bawomolo(m): 12:37am On May 05, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Um No. Do I have to be a victim to feel for other people?

thank you.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by mssiah(m): 12:40am On May 05, 2009
@ThiefOfHearts (f)

O I C.  I get you.There has to be susbtantial evidence to convict a person outside the shore's  of Nigeria (If the act is perpetrated outside Nigeria).Mere suspicion and/or accusation is not enough ,you must have tangible evidence.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by ollybosieb: 12:41am On May 05, 2009
Nope!!!   Why would i turn in a 419ner to another 419ner,having said that blood is thicker than water but if they are into armed robbery they better run away from  me as far as they could.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by draspy007(m): 12:45am On May 05, 2009
I wont even turn in my enemy let alone a friend---afterall, they are using their God-given talent to make money---and by the way--why would anyone fall for scam if they are not Greedy? I will rather turn in a Scam Victim (Maga) to any known authority for severe punishment for his/her stupidity and greediness.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by agabaI23(m): 12:49am On May 05, 2009
draspy007:

I wont even turn in my enemy let alone a friend---afterall, they are using their God-given talent to make money---and by the way--why would anyone fall for scam if they are not Greedy? I will rather turn in a Scam Victim (Maga) to any known authority for severe punishment for his/her stupidity and greediness.
Scamming is talent? That is the is the kind of commodity you export to the world.

You are yet to export any invetion and you are here calling scamming talent.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by draspy007(m): 1:32am On May 05, 2009
@Agaba ---at least we've invented another lucrative way of doing business. What we need here is a President like IBB who will legalize fraud so that the smarter ones among us can be proud of what they do to sustain their family. Let the truth be told, we are all fraudsters(419ers) in one way or another.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by agabaI23(m): 1:40am On May 05, 2009
I am not a fraudster a point of correction please.

Not contemplating being one.

If you are one, that effort you put into defrauding can get you genuine business if only you can change your mindset
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by draspy007(m): 2:00am On May 05, 2009
@Agaba: I'm not a fraudster also and I wasn't calling you one personally but I have peeps doing this and I don't think we are in anyway better than them and by the way---Why do we get so bothered about grassroot fraud while those hardcore fraudsters are sitting comfortably over there in Aso Rock--that shows us all that the Anti-corruption body is full of corrupted souls. I think the only thing we need is Divine Intervention.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by agabaI23(m): 2:05am On May 05, 2009
draspy007:

@Agaba: I'm not a fraudster also and I wasn't calling you one personally but I have peeps doing this and I don't think we are in anyway better than them and by the way---Why do we get so bothered about grassroot fraud while those hardcore fraudsters are sitting comfortably over there in Aso Rock--that shows us all that the Anti-corruption body is full of corrupted souls. I think the only thing we need is Divine Intervention.
God cannot do for you what you can do for yourself. grin

If the grassroot corruption is taken care off, the top will be clean. The leaders are produced from the grass root. Some of those guys in the house and senate were former fraudster. A certain lady who was convicted of fraud in the US is presently in the house with the money she made.

The problem is from the fountain head. If the fountain head is contaminated the downstream will be a full blown disease
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by ifyalways(f): 5:38am On May 05, 2009
agabaI23:

If the grassroot corruption is taken care off, the top will be clean. The leaders are produced from the grass root. Some of those guys in the house and senate were former fraudster. A certain lady who was convicted of fraud in the US is presently in the house with the money she made.

The problem is from the fountain head. If the fountain head is contaminated the downstream will be a full blown disease
so u knew this all along?
so having what u have just written above in mind,living,working and breathing in 9ja,wud u personally turn in one
@Topic,TO Me,8 out of 10 peeps living in 9ja are deceptive and are 419ers somehow.From parents,to kids,to agbero,pastor,imam,politician,teachers,bankers,police to even beggars on the street.In this situation who do u turn in and who do u report to?
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by BBAnne(f): 8:54am On May 05, 2009
i so definitely will not!!!!
@thiefofhearts, when u have kids, u'll know how hard it is. thats why is hard to believe, and if u already have them, then i must say that i'm very sorry for them.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by kalmebad(f): 9:42am On May 05, 2009
Haba, people,lets be more realistic

We are all shouting , yes i will because it has not happened

Lets pray we don't find ourselves in such situation, cus if we do, we have no choice but to fight the EFCC with them , if possible

The good word is that, may we not have such people in that line of business

If i have one, either relative or brother, THe answer is HELL NO

Can't not be a judas to betray, i will save his ass first and later scold his shady dealings.

Jus my honest truth
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by iboboyz: 10:41am On May 05, 2009
teeowl:

I would not turn him/her in - I would demand he/she gives me 10 million Naira to start a small business!

Haha, in your dreams
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by Kaestro(m): 10:47am On May 05, 2009
As sad as it is a lot of us have friends and families who are involved in this shameful practice but I believe majority myself inclusive will never turn them in, the main reason being the authority you're turning them in to are percieved as being corrupt themselves. So why waste time creating enemity with families and friends when even the authorities are corrupt. Until the wives and children of looters, corporate thieves and Phd schemers turn them in I personally won't.

@ Poster
Do you have any friend or family who's parents are public fund looters and pen thieves? Throw that question out to and lets see the reaction.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by seun001(m): 12:25pm On May 05, 2009
there no way am gonna turn even my enemy in.cos he will be out faster than i can make it home.
if u feel u aint gonna be going with the flow in naija,u are gonna end up frustrated and lots of peeps wondering if u are an alien.
the change has to come from the top not from the bottom.once u are punished for an offence or theres no way u can wriggle ur way and move ur weight around,then a new dawn will begin.
BBC says we are the happeist people on earth,am inclined to believe that cos i can do anything i wanna do in nigeria without caring whose ox is gored and i wont be punished for it.

anything i wanna do may include but not limited to
---drive against traffic and brag about it even to a policeman
---move govt staff salaries to my personal account and fix it for 60 days and complain to everybody the the money is hanging in between somewhere,then brag that nobody can do anything abt it.
----collect govt contract fees 100% upfront and do absolutely nothin,then pay the press to write all sorts of rubbish abt my detractors
-----Refuse to accept a returned product even if the warranty is still valid
-----Knowing sell expired products and feign ignorance when it is returned
-----Get anybody arrested to have the efforntry to question why i cant close my street for my birthday party and in fact refuse to allow the police release on bail.
-----deliberately create artificial scarcity in other to increase prices etc,
i don tire to dey write jare, the list is endless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Black Axee And Eiye Cult War. They cut his leg like herdsmen PHOTOS / Man Kidnapped In Cross River While Travelling To Village For His Father’s Burial / EFCC Arrests 41 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.