Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,689 members, 7,948,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 03:05 AM

Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner (11480 Views)

Poll: Will You?

Yes: 38% (28 votes)
No: 61% (44 votes)
This poll has ended

Man Killed By Friend Who ‘slept’ With His Wife / Hillarious Encounter With A 419ner / If Your Brother/Sister Rapes You. Would You Turn Them In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by mccloud224(m): 5:36pm On May 10, 2009
@Poster

I like your refreshing and reserved replies but your "holier than thou" attitude is well, a lil off.I'll take your points one by one.

First,I feel sorry for any victims of fraud but as a nigerian but it happens everywhere not only here.Let me give you an example.In America,credit card companies are springing up each day and they target less than average citizens.Lets say you apply for a car loan and it totals $5000 and your credit rating doesn't make you qualify, you are denied the loan and you still get charged by the credit card company.For anything you buy with the credit card, you are billed extra charges than normal and that's when an old man living in a trailer house dies with a debt of $800.000, people wonder how come.Most of the citizens in the U.S live in debt.Now, that is one of the greatest "legitimate" scams of all time.

Second,internet fraud (i am hammering on that not the local fraud) is not a lazy man's job.If you need more info, ask any successful scammer of the ordeals they go through.Matter of fact, no fast money business is easy.The risks are as enormous as the returns, make no mistake about it.I'll give you an example, people like you will find it easy to condemn drug peddlers but if you were in a very tight corner, would you have the balls to carry your "consignment" past airports authorities without lossing your nerve.Do you know what it is like to face the risk of getting caught?That takes guts and willpower my friend, talk about stuff you know about and not what you have no clue of.

Third, you referred to the poor english used by scammers.Well, if you paid more attention to my post, i mentioned "the successful perpetrators" not just anyone in it.Those ones with poor grammer finally transfer their "jobs" to more educated individuals who finally "finish up".

Fourth, you talk about those yahoo orphanage boys.Well, i don't know why they got into that but i can vouch they had other needs.From my view point (i might be wrong here) what the orphanage does is pay for their tuition and maybe books.I believe that's where it stops.I don't know if you have gone through a nigerian university (coz you talk like someone that has spent all his life abroad due to your influential and rich parents), you would know that to graduate with a good degree in nigeria today takes more than reading hard and buying books.I'm sure you know that if you don't buy the lecturers handouts, you have just earned a well deserved carry over.This is not news.It's also not news that lecturers demand either money/sex from students before passing them (some lecturers are honorable though, i can vouch for two during my university days in ESUT).

My poster, i think you need to get real with the situation in this country.If things have been made rosy for you all your life, that gives you no right to condemn/look down on others.This country is a war zone to live in and sometimes you have to scavenge to make it through the day by any other means.For goodness sake, dont you see what police/other law enforcement agents do everyday?That is more than enough to educate you on the level of decadence in this country.If you want to criticize, start from those at the top and not those that are within your "reach".
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by GeorgeD1(m): 5:53pm On May 10, 2009
let's get real and call a spade a spade. the more we make up appologies for fraud,
and criminal behaviour, the more the world see us as a nation of irredeemable morally
decandent people.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by mccloud224(m): 6:05pm On May 10, 2009
@George

What world are you talking about?Does the "world" you so highly esteem not have fraud problems of their own?The problem with us nigerians is we have the habit of making a mountain out of a mole hill.Do you research well and you will see that nigeria doesn't rank in the top ten when it comes to internet fraud so why all the noise?Ehh?Why?

People die from gun shots on the streets of american every minute.Do you see them advertising that to the whole world?The world looks down on us because we don't know how to respect ourselves and deal with our problems.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by GeorgeD1(m): 6:16pm On May 10, 2009
@mccloud224,
I just laughed when i saw your post. The fact that the 'world' has fraud problems
of thier own does not make stealing right.

Will you like to have malaria just because all your friends are suffering from it?

You'll do yourself a world of good if you change this mindset of yours. else, you maybe
heading for serious trouble.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by mccloud224(m): 6:19pm On May 10, 2009
@ George again,

Nobody is making apologises and praising fraud.I'm just spelling it out as it is.If you are a radical thinking person, you will know that in today's world, there is nothing like right or wrong.The laws you have today are made by politicians who are backed by money bags and those laws more often that not are created to make business for their benefactors.It's the norm all over the world.Open your eyes and get wiser my friend.

You must have heard the term "politics is about money".Well, that's the truth and i don't mean politics in countries like nigeria.I'm talking of globally here.NOBODY goes into politics simply because they want to help the people.If you believe that, then you are know better than the victims of scams.

If you want to talk about scams, well, politics is the highest scam of all time.Educate yourself more my friend.You could try reading "The prince".
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by mccloud224(m): 6:25pm On May 10, 2009
@"Dear George grin"

There is a saying, TO SOLVE A PROBLEM, YOU HAVE TO GET TO THE ROOT.You laughed when you saw my post?The thought of that makes me laugh (at you) coz you have an odd sense of humor.

There is no policeman in nigeria today that would want to be enemies with a yahoo boy.Why?They understand where the problem is coming from.When the head is bad, the rest of the body will suffer.Fraud will not disappear from nigeria unless the helm of affairs is sanitized.You cannot criticize a police man taking bribes on the street when he knows his IG has looted billions of naira including police pensions, so please tell,please let me understand what's "so funny" about expressing a matured view of matters?

Open you eyes and get wise.A word is enough for the,
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by GeorgeD1(m): 6:28pm On May 10, 2009
@mccloud224,
So much for political philosophies. Unfortunately I don't answer to those 'laws'
you refer to. There is a higher law which everyone of us must obey and it certainly
recognises right vs wrong contrary to what you're suggesting.
It doesn't matter what you think, God's moral law will stand as judge of ALL.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by mccloud224(m): 6:33pm On May 10, 2009
@George

You don't answer to those "laws" huh?Think about the implications of your post again.What that implies is you are not a "worldly" law abiding citizen (or maybe i'm stating political philosophies).Hmmm, na wa.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by GeorgeD1(m): 6:37pm On May 10, 2009
I answer to a higher law. I think that is self explanatory. The pot-belied politicians you're
talking about will have that law to deal with too-after they've satisfied themselves with thier
stealing. Same goes for the corrupt policeman, fraudster, robber, etc
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by mccloud224(m): 6:42pm On May 10, 2009
George,

I respect your views especially the higher law clause but nonetheless, so long as you live on earth, you must abide by the laws set by the constitution.Even the bible says "give unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's" (i assume you are christian).
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by GeorgeD1(m): 7:58pm On May 10, 2009
@mccloud224,
I'm afraid you still don't get it. My sense of right vs wrong does not depend on what the rest
of the world dictates. When you have the higher law working in you, the lopsided laws of man
becomes irrelevant. I was unemployed for sometime after my national service but it never crossed
my mind to go into dubious activities. The moral law in me was stronger than the law of the
constitution. You'll never think of violating the higher law when you have it as your guide-inside
of you.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by mccloud224(m): 8:12pm On May 10, 2009
Hmmm,

Okay George, what is this higher law about?Law of karma?Law of the stars?I'm curious
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by GeorgeD1(m): 8:22pm On May 10, 2009
the law of almighty God. it's contained in His Holy book called the Bible. it is also
written in the hearts of His children.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:28pm On May 10, 2009
George_D:

paint it in whatever way you want, there can be no excuse for fraud.
Let us not go exhibiting our 'nigerian' attitude here for all the world to
see and laugh at.

abi o. Who knew NL was filled with such thieves.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by mssiah(m): 11:05am On May 11, 2009
@mccloud224 (m)

I must say,very Good analysis.To add to what you have said.Nigerians are just a bunch of cowards .

Nobody says Yahoo Yahoo is Good,as far as I am concerned it is the least of Nigerian Problem ,if we want a change in Nigeria we should attack the Government.If a human being is pushed to the wall ,he will do anything to survive.If you drop a man on the street he will become street wise and will do anything to survive.That is why we have more prostitutes in poor countries and more corrupt practices in poor countries.These individual don't engage in this act because they love it,rather they engage in these act because they need to survive.

Why people are waging war against Yahoo Yahoo is because of the cowardly nature of Nigerians.They don't solve a problem from the root they prefer to attack the branches,without realising when you attack the branches you create more problems as people will look for other means of survival which will be far worse than Yahoo Yahoo.

Nigerians are afraid of attacking the roots because they might get stung,so they prefer to thread cautiously.I sincerely believe that the poster should change the subject to.

IF MY FATHER OR RELATIVE IS A CORRUPT GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL WILL I REPORT HIM TO EFFCC.Thats the root of the problem not Yahoo Yahoo.

Ofcourse you know,if you attack your neighbour who is a corrupt senator or a relative who is a corrupt Government official,you will live to regret your actions.

If you arrest the whole yahoo yahoo,impose the capital punishment on it.You have not solved any problem,rather you have escalated issues.

Personally speaking,I hate anything fraud,however I will rather analyse a situation from head to toe to profer a solution.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by Iyara(m): 4:24pm On May 11, 2009
mccloud224:

Why didnt you write your post this way :

IF YOU PARENTS ARE GOVT OFFICERS AND ARE GUILTY OF LOOTING FUNDS, WOULD YOU REPORT THEM?

Very true
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by PurestBoy(m): 10:25am On May 12, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

abi o. Who knew NL was filled with such thieves.

Like its been filled with prostitutes
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by PurestBoy(m): 10:30am On May 12, 2009
@Iyara

Could you please help me ask the poster if he would report his father to EFCC or stop him from opening an account with stolen money in Swiss if his father became the president. I've never seen a poster as hypocritical as this
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by agabaI23(m): 11:26am On May 12, 2009
PurestBoy:

@Iyara

Could you please help me ask the poster if he would report his father to EFCC or stop him from opening an account with stolen money in Swiss if his father became the president. I've never seen a poster as hypocritical as this
You cannot say one is hypocritical if you do not know him or what he has done before. Please apply some cation when you talk to strangers. Until my father becomes a president and does what you said he would then we will know.

However, my father is hated among his cronies because he detests this particular thing you are talking about. If you can be half as straightforward as he is, trust me you will be in heaven grin. So do not even go there.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by bluespice(f): 12:57pm On May 12, 2009
yes
i recently found out a 'friend' was into that,
ive adviced him to stop, if he doesnt lord knows if i mistakenly get my hands on the numbers for EFCC im ringing them up

no one should ruin my chances at life simply because of im a nigerian and some spoilt brat of a nigerian makes a living by duping other people
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by agabaI23(m): 1:13pm On May 12, 2009
bluespice:

yes
i recently found out a 'friend' was into that,
ive adviced him to stop, if he doesnt lord knows if i mistakenly get my hands on the numbers for EFCC im ringing them up

no one should ruin my chances at life simply because of im a nigerian and some spoilt brat of a nigerian makes a living by duping other people
A good one from her wink
Wait for tbik , Mssiah purestboy, mccloud et. al.

My name is 'hollier than thou', may be  they will christen you 'hollier than thee'
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by bluespice(f): 1:19pm On May 12, 2009
im waiting for anyone that thinks its 'honorable' to let crime slide
solely cos of familiarity?
i say eff that!
if ur a thief ill not batt an eyelash to call the cops on you

if that makes me evil,
crown me the queen of hades
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:56pm On May 12, 2009
Is the person doing it where you are blue or in Naija?
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by Iranoladun(f): 3:21pm On May 12, 2009
I'd try to preach to the person to change his ways. If the person into fraud or crime is within close proximity & I have some evidence beyond feelings I'd blow the whistle to Police/EFCC/ICPC/SSS etc annonymously I don't support crime no matter who is involve!
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by agabaI23(m): 4:59pm On May 12, 2009
There is still hope. It appears the ladies are more straighforward these days. Okonjo and Akunyili of NAFDAC actually suggested that.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by GeorgeD1(m): 5:18pm On May 12, 2009
PurestBoy:

Like its been filled with prostitutes

are we into throwing of insults now?
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by bluespice(f): 5:23pm On May 12, 2009
TOH the ole's in 9ja jare
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:46pm On May 12, 2009
why bother iya e lon ba wi

bluespice:

spikey the ole's in 9ja jare

I be spikey now? angry
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by bluespice(f): 5:51pm On May 12, 2009
lol jo ore ma binu
agba tin de tongue
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:00pm On May 12, 2009
Im already looking for the appropriate retirement homes grin
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by agabaI23(m): 6:02pm On May 12, 2009
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by spikedcylinder: 6:12pm On May 12, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

I be spikey now? angry

Why you dey vex? Doesn't it pay to be me? grin grin grin grin

Oh my goodness, I laugh so hard on here! cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport / Hoodlums Raze INEC Office In Enugu (photos) / Police Officers Sacked For Claiming Rats Ate 360kg Seized Marijuana In Argentina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.