Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,744 members, 7,875,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:49 PM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (679013 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Gbawe: 11:44am On Nov 15, 2015
Firefire:
No response to Gbawe's theoretic rant above. ^^

I don't want or need a response from you. I would have carried on ignoring you , for the sake of allowing this nice thread flow and remain a nirvana of ideas devoid of pettiness. Yet you and others are going too far with your 'more Yoruba than others' antics. Especially you who passionately campaigned for GEJ , the nemesis of the SW, to remain in power when he singularly harmed the Yoruba nation the most of all presidents we have had since 1999. Some Yoruba 'patriot' you are. If you stay in your lane then I have no issues with you but you and others should cut out the pretence and holier than thou pontifications - especially done at the expense of other Yorubas who backed the right horse. What "otito oro" is a GEJ loyalist and apologist interested in?

The "otito oro" that your messiah directly marginalised and personally frustrated the SW while supervising the theft of up to $60 billions that harmed the SW and Nigeria at large? Did the highly dishonest GEJ you support 200% not come to the SW to apologise to our Obas for "marginalizing" the region for 5 long years while deceitfully begging to be given the chance to make amends? yet look at where the Yorubas are in 5 months under Buhari!! Is this how you show love for your own? I.e back what harms them to then be pretending next minute to want the best for them?

Was it not GEJ who rammed the N18,000 minimum wage down the throath of Nigerian governors whether they could afford to pay it or not? GEJ treacherously announced he had approved the increase and left the governors to face the wrath of their people at home. Today the Buhari you and others hounded has empowered the SW immensely to the extent we now have the unique chance to improve our region through the performance of some of our sons and daughters in key positions in the GMB governent. These are position they would never be in had GEJ won a second term yet you have the nerve to claim the man who, more than anyone else, made all this happen, i.e Tinubu, is the problem of the SW when you supported GEJ who is the biggest problem, by far, of the SW and even Nigeria !!! Some of you guys are simply something else.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Osomalo(m): 11:46am On Nov 15, 2015
Firefire:

Let me laugh. tongue

Our leaders must be held accountable without any fear or favour.

ACN turned APC hypocrisy, painting black white are responsible for some of us antagonizing their bad policies.

Pls, let's stop flogging the issue and move on. Pls, let it go.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by anonimi: 11:46am On Nov 15, 2015
Osomalo:
Whoooooooooooooo

It would be nice to have this in Tongeji Island, Ipokia LG Ogun State.

I dream of having something like this in the Island. The pic below.

Inhabited by largely ILLITERATE, UNEDUCATED people, not so
Abi what is the out-of-school rate for children in Ogun state?
Moreover how many are graduates of TECHNICAL and VOCATIONAL schools to ensure those yoyo facilities are well maintained into a sustainable future?
How many
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by aljharem(m): 11:47am On Nov 15, 2015
Gbawe and Firefire let's stop this pdp and apc discussion on this thread and focus on yoruba as a nation
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 15, 2015
Osomalo:

In my opinion, the way out of this mess is to mine our solid minerals. Each state is blessed with solid minerals which can sustain her. FG need to the the right so investors could come and invest into solid mineral mining. LG, State and FG will get their percentages while the investors will also get theirs. Everyone smiles, we clear our debt and move on.

I have been working on something which I intend to set up in Osun next year, I've discussed the gold mining with my boss and he's ready to support me but with this present banga banga system we can't come in.

We are witing for FG to do the needful. This poverty must end.
I agree with you, but then we must ensure these minerals actually create wealth for our citizens, i don't want investors to just come here and take raw materials away for export, i want us to create industries around these minerals, we should export finish products only.
I don't want some Chinese to turn my people to slaves

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Firefire(m): 11:51am On Nov 15, 2015
Gbawe should learn to speak the truth, even if once.

Tinubu's role in denying Hon. Mulikat Akande the exalted role of speaker in favour of a Fulani man, the evidence is available of the cyberspace.

What manner of leader for selfish interest align with others to deprived his region their due benefits, because they are in opposition party ?

Ki Oluwa gba wa lowo awon barawo ti won pe ra won ni asiwaju. undecided

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 15, 2015
Firefire:
Until Gbawe sees beyond his fortune from the selfish SW leaders, he cannot speak the truth.

What's your own truth? That Tinubu and the Apc is responsible for the debt most of our states are owing?
Let us do facts and figures here now. Open challenge.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Firefire(m): 11:53am On Nov 15, 2015
aljharem:
Gbawe and Firefire let's stop this pdp and apc discussion on this thread and focus on yoruba as a nation

Aljharem, thank you.

We should not allow false information to strive for too long.

If our leaders really have the love of the Yoruba race in mind, their excesses should be check and they should be compel to put the interest of the race above their personal selfish ambitions.

Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 15, 2015
anonimi:

Please provide a credible link for this information you have provided.
Thanks.
I believe the chart we have been discussing is also from budgIT

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by anonimi: 11:55am On Nov 15, 2015
Katsumoto:
I haven't read the entire thread but kudos to all asking pertinent questions.

In my view, the present SW Leadership is failing. Fashola apart, the others have been a disappointment

Apart from being a very CORRUPT person, Fashola is also a massive failure on education that is the platform for any meaningful & durable development of a people.
Otherwise how could he be boasting of 2,000 government schools out of 14,000 schools apart from many kids not being in school?
This is the same guy who took $90 million World Bank loan for education and looted it practically.
Abi another definition for disappointment among BLACK people dey ni

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2412996_fashola2000schoolsspeech_jpeg6b557f0f99a4c9db2ca62ab885b15f0a

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2824600_wb1_jpeg87b669f1e2a26f4d838f16f8bb0cc5f5

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2973003_2972908img8889033575920jpegjpeg9806bd2153518397a591fad28c8bce09_jpeg2e10389c92476096a700ac3ee30d28e1
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 15, 2015
anonimi:

Apart from being a very CORRUPT person, Fashola is also a massive failure on education that is the platform for any meaningful & durable development of a people.
Otherwise how could he be boasting of 2,000 government schools out of 14,000 schools apart from many kids not being in school?
This is the same guy who took $90 million World Bank loan for education and looted it practically.
Abi another definition for disappointment among BLACK people dey ni

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2412996_fashola2000schoolsspeech_jpeg6b557f0f99a4c9db2ca62ab885b15f0a

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2824600_wb1_jpeg87b669f1e2a26f4d838f16f8bb0cc5f5

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2973003_2972908img8889033575920jpegjpeg9806bd2153518397a591fad28c8bce09_jpeg2e10389c92476096a700ac3ee30d28e1
How many states in Nigeria has worked on 500 school? Not even the Super rich oil states.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by aljharem(m): 11:59am On Nov 15, 2015
Firefire:

Aljharem, thank you.

We should not allow false information to strive for too long.

If our leaders really have the love of the Yoruba race in mind, their excesses should be check and should be compel to put the interest of the race above their personal selfish ambitions.

Shalom!

I agree. Thank you brother

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Osomalo(m): 12:01pm On Nov 15, 2015
anonimi:

Inhabited by largely ILLITERATE, UNEDUCATED people, not so
Abi what is the out-of-school rate for children in Ogun state?
Moreover how many are graduates of TECHNICAL and VOCATIONAL schools to ensure those yoyo facilities are well maintained into a sustainable future?
How many

Who is this? Please maintain your lane.

Thanks and God bless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Firefire(m): 12:01pm On Nov 15, 2015
IyaIode:

What's your own truth? That Tinubu and the Apc is responsible for the debt most of our states are owing?
Let us do facts and figures here now. Open challenge.

No!

My position remains, our leaders should put their houses in order, report the actual cost of project without any undue inflation, let all the elected officials be accountable to their constituency and not to anyone.

The mounting debt profile, even during their time, do we have projects cost that could be closely related to the published figures?

Before you accuse the center, first give the stewardship of your government to your people.

Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by anonimi: 12:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
IyaIode:
I believe the chart we have been discussing is also from budgetIT

Thanks for providing the debt at 2007 which has now risen to over N350 billion despite increased allocation from the JOINT Federation account plus ECA share during Jonathan's five years! Shocking innit

Read: http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/n350bn-debt-dmo-didnt-include-osun-local-debt-akinwusi/

FG, States, LGs Share N568.4 Billion for Oct

[img]http://cdn1.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/412x247xOkonjo-Iweala-e1442838220305.jpg.pagespeed.ic.nz-K0adxSv.webp[/img]

Also, $1billion was proposed for distribution to complement shortfall in expected revenue." The $1billion is a compromise by the FG over its words in September not to augment shortfalls anymore.

Responding to the presentation, the chairman of the States Commissioners of Finance and Ebonyi State Commissioner of Finance, Mr Timothy Odaah, lamented that the statutory allocation was getting smaller and smaller. "It appears this is the worst in terms of returns. This is the least in allocations as far as this year is concerned. We are mourning the dearth of funds and this is a wakeup call for states and local governments to buoy up their internally generated revenue."

While appreciating the "magnanimity" of President Goodluck Jonathan to approve the $1billion from the excess crude account and to be shared among the federal, state and local governments, Odaah expressed disappointment with the returns made by the NNPC.

He said that [size=14pt]the states had requested for $2bn[/size] to complement for the shortfall in revenue but got only $1billion. In September, Odaah and fellow commissioners had walked out of the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF) when the federal government said that the framework of the 2013 budget was no longer realistic and it won't augment shortfall in revenue. Odaah raised issues with the statutory allocations of previous months.

More from: http://allafrica.com/stories/201311150323.html

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2511031_img22681848099545_jpeg_jpegd0c22199d4d5840b2b430d790dfb113d
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 15, 2015
Firefire:

No!

My position remains, our leaders should put their houses in order, report the actual cost of project without any undue inflation, let all the elected officials be accountable to their constituency and not to anyone.

The mounting debt profile, even during their time, do we have projects cost that could be closely related to the published figures?

Before you accuse the center, first give the stewardship of your government to your people.

Shalom!

Now you agree that they are not solely responsible for these debts like you were trying to paint earlier, i agree absolutely with the rest of your post. This is how we should criticise.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by anonimi: 12:07pm On Nov 15, 2015
Osomalo:
Who is this? Please maintain your lane.

Thanks and God bless.

Is this the DIARY section
The next time you post a nonsensical comment like the above I will be less gentle.
Just thank God sey today na Sunday, you hear me so? angry
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by anonimi: 12:09pm On Nov 15, 2015
IyaIode:
How many states in Nigeria has worked on 500 school? Not even the Super rich oil states.

Are you saying he is a smaller THIEF but nevertheless a thief all the same, not so
Is that the standard of the CHANGE crooners of CORRUPTION fighters?
Is it

[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-wNrUkW0AAr9B3.jpg:large[/img]
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Osomalo(m): 12:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
anonimi:

Is this the DIARY section
The next time you post a nonsensical comment like the above I will be less gentle.
Just thank God sey today na Sunday, you hear me so? angry

All this bullshitt just to engage me in e-rants ba? Just to derail the thread ba?

All right. You won.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
anonimi:

Thanks for providing the debt at 2007 which has now risen to over N350 billion despite increased allocation from the JOINT Federation account plus ECA share during Jonathan's five years! Shocking innit

Read: http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/n350bn-debt-dmo-didnt-include-osun-local-debt-akinwusi/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2511031_img22681848099545_jpeg_jpegd0c22199d4d5840b2b430d790dfb113d
I don't understand what your 350 billion has got to do with Osun, the screenshot i posted earlier was for Osun state. Please explain

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 15, 2015
anonimi:

Are you saying he is a smaller THIEF but nevertheless a thief all the same, not so
Is that the standard of the CHANGE crooners of CORRUPTION fighters?
Is it

[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-wNrUkW0AAr9B3.jpg:large[/img]
Dude I can't keep up with this if you can't stay on the topic and you keep posting incongruent stuff

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by anonimi: 12:22pm On Nov 15, 2015
IyaIode:
I don't understand what your 350 billion has got to do with Osun, the screenshot i posted earlier was for Osun state. Please explain

N350bn debt: DMO didn’t include Osun local debt –Akinwusi

Governorship candidate of Social Democratic Party, SDP, in Osun State, Mr. Olusegun Akinwusi yesterday said the disclosure by the Debt Management Office, DMO, that Osun State debt portfolio is sustainable, did not take into cognisance the local debt the present administration has incurred.

Hosting owners of private schools and hoteliers in Osogbo, Akinwusi urged indigenes of the state not to believe the statement from DMO that the state debt is manageable.

He said: “The truth of the matter is that the DMO is only talking about Osun’s foreign debt which was about N60 billion. DMO was not referring to local debt which I insist is over N350 billion going by documents available. Just few weeks ago, another N21.3 billion debt was taken from two commercial banks.”

More from: http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/n350bn-debt-dmo-didnt-include-osun-local-debt-akinwusi/
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/fgs-external-debt-states-debt-profile-on-the-rise/

Also related from Sahara Reporters =>

Let us ask the where about of N17.5bn borrowed for the dualisation of Osogbo to Ila-Odo, as corroborated by the Bank for infrastructure to date. These items like many others were replicated in the N60bn bond, yet all these projects have been abandoned; it on record that N9.7bn would be expended on the phony urban renewal project, all to date moribund. The Ido-Osun Airport project is another nagging matter, for which billions have been expended so far, and deceitful statements made about its completion in the media.

More from: http://saharareporters.com/2015/08/03/aregbesola-vs-akinwusi-who-telling-truth-remi-oyeyemi
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by anonimi: 12:22pm On Nov 15, 2015
IyaIode:
Dude I can't keep up with this if you can't stay on the topic and you keep posting incongruent stuff

Simply replying to your posts oh, madam, abi nor be so wink
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by OnReflection: 12:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
Firefire:

Tinubu's role in denying Hon. Mulikat Akande the exalted role of speaker in favour of a Fulani man, the evidence is available of the cyberspace.

What manner of leader for selfish interest align with others to deprived his region their due benefits, because they are in opposition party ?

And what benefits were derived from Demeji Bankole's tenure?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Firefire(m): 12:25pm On Nov 15, 2015
OnReflection:

Reason you should sell your right for a plate of portage, right angry

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Firefire(m): 12:27pm On Nov 15, 2015
Let us ask the where about of N17.5bn borrowed for the dualisation of Osogbo to Ila-Odo, as corroborated by the Bank for infrastructure [/b]to date.

These items like many others were replicated in the N60bn bond, yet [b]all these projects have been abandoned
; it on record that N9.7bn would be expended on the phony urban renewal project, all to date moribund. The Ido-Osun Airport project is another nagging matter, for which billions have been expended so far, and deceitful statements made about its completion in the media.

More from: http://saharareporters.com/2015/08/03/aregbesola-vs-akinwusi-who-telling-truth-remi-oyeyemi

Anonimi, Aregbesola's case ki se oju la san oooo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by OnReflection: 12:28pm On Nov 15, 2015
Firefire:

Reason you should sell your right for a plate of portage angry

“Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.” ~ Sun Tzu

I take it you have no credible response to my question.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by anonimi: 12:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
Firefire:
Anonimi, Aregbesola's case ki se oju la san oooo.

Atenuje ati wobiliki wombia ni o npa AreGbese. Greed and gluttony is what is killing the foolish fridge repairer.
Ko ju be lo. No more, no less.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2081946_change_jpeg1d261807316c13729a0ba23ee58934ff

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2630622_cjlpxmiwsaap2su_png84e6ed0c16cc1a142bc93d7da71a34a9

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Gbawe: 12:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
Firefire:

Let us not derail the thread. i will just urge you to stop talking because your dishonesty and revisionism is sickening . Assuming what you accuse Tinubu of is correct, are you making sense to yourself or anyone here? The same Tinubu has now helped us gain Buhari as President to replace the destructive GEJ you supported who happened to hate the SW in particular and called the leaders of the region "rascals". Do I need to chronicle the real damage GEJ has done to Nigeria your ilk were begging him to continue doing for another 4 years? Dude, just discuss positives and cut out the hypocrisy and pretensions of piousness. Tinubu is a very big hero to the Yorubas when placed alongside your GEJ.

People like you are better off begging the Yorubas for forgiveness instead of coming here and trying your 'holier than thou' nonsense. Tinubu has done a lot of positives for his people and even Nigeria with how he, more than almost all others, contributed the most to make Buhari President from birthing the idea of the APC merger and actually putting in his personal effort and finance to make it happen on the long and tortuous road to depose the PDP and the very destructive GEJ. It is therefore very disgusting that it is you who supported a man on a personal mission to disgrace and mess up the Yorubas, i.e GEJ, who is now here playing uber Yoruba patriot. Just face the topic and shut up. You are beginning to really piss me off. You should come on this thread and behave with humility because you were a supporter of the PDP and GEJ when both harmed your own ethnic group and Nigeria seriously. Very likely Nigerians would be Syrian-style refugees had GEJ even carried on for another year. Yet, distastefully, you show no contrition at all and are busy attacking those who liberated our entire nation from sure doom. Even when when incontrovertible evidence showed you the destruction GEJ was supervising you still wanted him to carry on leading Nigeria and you now have the nerve to round on Tinubu? Like I said before, some of you are something else.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Firefire(m): 12:37pm On Nov 15, 2015
OnReflection:

“Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.” ~ Sun Tzu

I take it you have no credible response to my question.

cheesy

And because you derived no benefit from Dimeji Bankole, you should sell your portion for a plate of 'Tuwo'

And what was the enthroned speaker in place of Mulikat Akande have to say about the next crowned speaker that flopped...

"Mr. Dogara is more competent, accommodating and more capable to lead than Mr. Gbajabiamila, Mr. Tambuwal said, and added “sentiments have to be put aside”.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/188141-why-i-supported-dogara-for-speaker-gov-tambuwal.html

See our brother's comment thereafter... (By the order of the Lord Marshal...) cheesy

“When he contested the Speakership, this may sound vainglorious; I single-handedly pushed his (Tambuwal) Speakership bid, not to talk of his presidential bid. But he must have reasons for doing what he did” – Femi Gbajabiamila, on Channels TV, Wed, August 26, 2015.

E ni to ba ta ara ile re ni opo, ko le ri ra ni owan.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Firefire(m): 12:40pm On Nov 15, 2015
Gbawe should stop making unnecessary noise here, Tinubu is a professional looter and we should stop him.

Finito.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Firefire(m): 12:43pm On Nov 15, 2015
Anonimi, if you are seen to criticize the government of APC you are easily labeled an outcast.

oro na to ju su mi oooo undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (384) (Reply)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.