Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,967 members, 7,966,571 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 05:29 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (74041 Views)

Poll: Do You Want Ade To Leave Arsenal FC?

Yes - Sell him immediately: 28% (17 votes)
Yes - Use the money to strengthen the team: 41% (25 votes)
No - Ade has been maltreated by the press: 10% (6 votes)
Not unless he is replaced, I will be sad to see him go: 18% (11 votes)
Unsure: 1% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:04pm On May 24, 2009

Arsenal outperformed Bayern in the CL in every one of those years - spot the difference.

You see how your folly and ignorance has been exposed once again. Take a break Think every post over and over before clicking submit
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by yousouph(m): 6:32pm On May 24, 2009
Hull survive while newcastle bid EPL goodbye. Losing to Fulham last weekend was the sendforth. @allboyz. Your score prediction is spot on & most times you do predict the scorers which attimes almost correct. Hope u aint playing BABA IJEBU!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 6:55pm On May 24, 2009
FBS:

Hull City stay up. How do y'all feel abourit? grin

Feels cool cool cool cool

Great Game tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 7:11pm On May 24, 2009
Nice sign off for the season - 4-1 victory.

RVP confirmed he is the top dog striker (if/when Ade leaves) Diaby scored but it was one of them 'once in 5 games' performances.

Tellingly, Ade was absent again - I think the Togonator's time at Arsenal is over.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 7:14pm On May 24, 2009
allboyz:

Predos:

Arsenal 4 - 1 Stoke

Gunners 1800 cool

Good Predos tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 7:35pm On May 24, 2009
Truly so . . .

Wenger decides to make the issue of ADE that of suspense . . . undecided

I remember vividly well that this same lad was accused of saying a lot of things b4 the beginning of the season and now LETS ASSUME HIS TIME WERE TO BE UP, SHOULDNT HE AT LEAST PLAY HIS LAST GAME FOR THE TEAM ?

I ma beginning to get pissed at the Wenger's game of Mafioso with the big boys in the team - Cesc, RVP and ADE,even Arshavin has started speaking out these days . . .

I want to believe Ade might have played his last game for Le Arse, but on 2nd tot I feel its just another hoodwinking thingy - who knows ?

if he goes are we sure cos RVP stood on his feet this season long, he would be able to replicate same feat this coming season ? and for crying out loud HIS PERFORMANCE SPEAK POORLY ABOUT HIS TRUE POTENTIAL, so what are we all talking about here ?

do Gunners really feel it is is easy to be a STRIKER or even FORWARD at Arsenal ?

ask Rosicky !

OH ! HOW MANY STRIKERS SCORED UP TO 20 GOALS THIS SEASON ?

I remember how Anelka was castigated season long, Ade suffered same this season . . .thats their cross to bear !

to whom much is given MUCH IS EXPECTED !

What Ade needs to take from this is; HE IS WIDELY REGARDED AS ONE OF THE BEST STRIKERS WORLWIDE, BUT HE UNDERPERFORMED THIS SEASON !

with that knowledge I expect him to come out a better person next season either plying his trade with AC Milan or Arsenal,

One good thing Ade has got going for him is; HE IS THE TOP MAN FOR HIS COUNTRY AS AGAINST SOME PLAYERS LIKE MARTINS BEING BLINDLY CLAMOURED FOR tongue

best believe it; they are even age mates grin but

HOW DO THIS PEOPLE EVER EXPECT MARTINS TO PERFORM IN ARSENAL ? shocked

he is known for being pacy. . .rewind back to 5 years ago and Arsenal would have been the club for him now, cos of how we initated attacks then . . .

can u ever play DIABY-MARTINS-BENDTNER ? grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 7:56pm On May 24, 2009
FBS:

Hull City stay up. How do y'all feel abourit? grin

Dissappointed and sorry for Newcastle,we'll all have to contend with that useless club come 2009/2010 season

allboyz:

Feels cool cool cool cool

How could hull staying up at the expense of Newcastle feel cool?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by switch47(m): 10:39pm On May 24, 2009
The season has not been a disaster- Wenger

Regrets? Arsène Wenger has had a few this season, but he insists that the 2008/09 campaign has been anything but a disaster. Arsenal secured a 12th successive year of Champions League football and reached the last four in that competition as well as the FA Cup. However, Wenger and his players have been slated in some quarters for failing to lift a trophy. The Frenchman accepts that Arsenal have room for improvement but he is convinced that his squad will blossom in the years to come. “------------------------------------------------------

www.switch47..com

SWITCH SAYS-

ON Arsenal prospect as a club, Arsenal remains one of the best teams in the EPL and in the world with the best brand of beautiful football, and it will only take a few ingridients to be added to bring the team back to TITLE WINNING WAYS!! Wenger knows!! (LOL)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 12:25am On May 25, 2009
olabukola:

When will you celebrate the FA cup in Open Roof Bus or aur u gonna use them bendi buses grin grin grin

Rangers has done it when will Arsenal do dia own.  grin tongue grin tongue

why are all this codes posting in our thread sef grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 12:54am On May 25, 2009
To be honest Adebayor has said some really stupid things and his utterances smack of sheer lack of commitment what he fails to realize is fans did not get on his case till he started feeling himself whether he should stay or go is up to Arsene to decide but from all indications it is looking like going is the most likely option
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 1:18pm On May 25, 2009
if to AW this season aint a disaster . . . then maybe Monsieur Wenger is living truly alone in his own deluded world embarassed

MUST THESE FRANCOPHOBES BE MADE TO SPEAK IN ENGLISH ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by switch47(m): 2:21pm On May 25, 2009
IF this season is a DISASTER for Arsenal then what was it to Newcastle??  People love to talk- and well they are free to talk!! freedom of expression. Arsenal is still rated among the top five clubs in the EPL and in the world, Arsenal 's lack of silverware this season does not mean they wont ever achieve that. Arsenal Rocks!!WENGER is the difference between nagative minded people and positive minded people and people like Wenger ends up making it at the end of the day!!  WENGER KNOWS!!  Wenger's time will surely come!!  people that lacks insight cant see it until it becomes obvious!! WENGER KNOWS!! grin  Great team-tip-tap -The pride of London ARSENAL'S Time will surely come!!

www.switch47..com

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 2:29pm On May 25, 2009
oh I forgot that some peeps werent here at the beginning of this just concluded season where all the noise was WENGER KNOWS ! grin

yeah right !

AW knows when ur enemy no 1 scores 4 in ur backyard . . . cry

he also knows when Man scum disgraces us home and away in the UECL

or even the Chavs does the dirty on LE ARSE ? shocked

he is yet the best ever coach u have ever known when u get bundled out of the Carling playing Burnley ?

he is simply the greatest when u go trophyless season in season out whilst MONSIEUR his excellency WENGER plays around with his words and would never openly acknowledge his goofs undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 4:05pm On May 25, 2009
olabukola:

When will you celebrate the FA cup in Open Roof Bus or aur u gonna use them bendi buses grin grin grin

Rangers has done it when will Arsenal do dia own. grin tongue grin tongue
I wonder also 
When will Arsenal ever celebrate FA cup in an open roof?
The way some of these toddlers talk nowadays
One would thnk the English Premier League started in 2005/2006.
Therefore,the Arsenal has never won anything before, except the Emirates Cup. . . . . . .
Pity embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 6:05pm On May 25, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

oh I forgot that some peeps werent here at the beginning of this just concluded season where all the noise was WENGER KNOWS ! grin

yeah right !

AW knows when ur enemy no 1 scores 4 in ur backyard . . . cry

he also knows when Man scum disgraces us home and away in the UECL

or even the Chavs does the dirty on LE ARSE ? shocked

he is yet the best ever coach u have ever known when u get bundled out of the Carling playing Burnley ?

he is simply the greatest when u go trophyless season in season out whilst MONSIEUR his excellency WENGER plays around with his words and would never openly acknowledge his goofs undecided

Do you expect Wenger to come out and say 'I have failed'?

What top coach does that? He says he is human and makes mistakes - you will wait forever for anything further.

The items you have listed are snapshots - they can never tell the full picture.

The season ended on the day Utd beat us in the second leg of the UCL semis, the chelski loss, the Utd draw and the stoke win are all meaningless - anyone putting stock by those three results needs to be checked into an infirmary.

This season wasn't Arsene's best by a long shot, and he realises that - go look for his comments. He has said the CL second leg loss is his most PAINFUL in 13 years at Arsenal. A coach doesn't come out and use words like that jokingly - we all think we are the only ones who realise the problems with Arsenal FC, but Wenger knows those problems all too well.

I am not holding brief for him, neither am I saying he is perfect - it is all too convenient to come here and be prancing around singing 'I was right'. Wenger wants the best for this club just like the rest of us. He is working with genuine external constraints and also has his flaws. Looking at the big picture of things, I still back him unreservedly for next season.

This season might have been a 'disaster', but for Wenger it is a highly useful one - some myths have been exploded and real flaws have been shown in his side - he cannot paper them over any longer, he must FIX things.

Regardless of what happens this season or the next, Arsene Wenger remains the best coach in the history of Arsenal Football Club. His vision and dedication have enabled us to win trophies, build a new stadium and completely transform the identity and brand of the club. He has failings, he has weaknesses - some have been addressed, some are still pending. Fans have expressed their views and so has Arsene, but we are all reunited in one goal - bringing glory to Arsenal Football Club.

Victoria Concordia Crescit
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 6:46pm On May 25, 2009
debosky:

This season wasn't Arsene's best by a long shot, and he realises that - go look for his comments. He has said the CL second leg loss is his most PAINFUL in 13 years at Arsenal. A coach doesn't come out and use words like that jokingly - we all think we are the only ones who realise the problems with Arsenal FC, but Wenger knows those problems all too well.

I woulda found this move the most PAINFUL in 13 years as well.
Park was IMPERIOUS at the Emirates. grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 6:52pm On May 25, 2009
@Debosky

what have u said that is different from all we all know ?

THE SAME OL' BULLCRAP !

WENGER KNOWS  grin
 grin

get it into ur thick skull dude  . . .Wenger is the luckiest coach alive, spare us all these HE KNOWS THESE PROBLEMS TOO, as if in the 1st instance it was jimmycarto or adeballz-induced  angry

Wenger is the major problem of the team, let him fix himself cheesy

P.S

the league was lost when we lost CESC to injury (Dec 21st) against Liverpool  cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 7:14pm On May 25, 2009
Notice: Please and Please.

Do you posters who come here to blab all sorts of rubbish think we support Arsenal because of the trophies they have won?
If you shaded yes on your answer sheet then your ignorance has suddenly become clear to me.
Madrid have won far more titles than Barca but why does Barca have a more dedicated fan base ?
You morons don't realise we have a beatiful philosophy.
Unfortunately we had to build a state of the art stadium that ate into our pockets. See whast happened to schalke after they built theirs, they were almost relegated. We on the other hand have been in contention in the bast league in the world.
You short sighted swine will swallow every mean thing you sayon this page.
It 's not worth it replying any longer.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 7:22pm On May 25, 2009
can u be more expilcit and tell us what u are driving at ?

who told u that Barca have a more dedicated fan base than Madrid ?

shouldnt u know when to bring in the issue of the new stadium into an argument ?

is Schalke on the same pedestal with Arsenal ?

GOSH ! shocked embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 7:27pm On May 25, 2009
edoyad:

Notice: Please and Please.

Do you posters who come here to blab all sorts of rubbish think we support Arsenal because of the trophies they have won?
If you shaded yes on your answer sheet then your ignorance has suddenly become clear to me.
Madrid have won far more titles than Barca but why does Barca have a more dedicated fan base ?
You morons don't realise we have a beatiful philosophy.
Unfortunately we had to build a state of the art stadium that ate into our pockets. See whast happened to schalke after they built theirs, they were almost relegated. We on the other hand have been in contention in the bast league in the world.
You short sighted swine will swallow every mean thing you sayon this page.
It 's not worth it replying any longer.

Hahahahahahaha. . . . . .Jesus Wept!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 7:33pm On May 25, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

@Debosky

what have u said that is different from all we all know ?

THE SAME OL' BULLCRAP !

WENGER KNOWS  grin
 grin

get it into ur thick skull dude  . . .Wenger is the luckiest coach alive, spare us all these HE KNOWS THESE PROBLEMS TOO, as if in the 1st instance it was [b]jimmycarto or adeballz-induced  angry

Wenger is the major problem of the team, let him fix himself  cheesy

The problem is NOT Wenger - it is a combination of things. This particular season has suffered from a number of ailments:

1. Wenger letting Flamini & Hleb go, banking on Rozzi's return and not sufficiently strengthening

2. #1 was partly caused by the ABSENCE of a CEO - how can Wenger run the footie aspects of things as well as the club and one will not suffer? It is impossible for that to happen. Who let the position lie fallow for EIGHT months (including the crucial summer months thus affecting transfers)?

3. The inevitable learning curve induced by #1 - it took too many games for the team to recover from that.

4. Injury to key personnel - Cesc, Rozzi, Dudu's stunted return, Ade and Gallas (probably the most important for the CL games)

Is Wenger directly responsible for all these? NO

I am not absolving him of blame - he screwed up in thinking he could last so long without replacements, and failing to see the warning signs that he oversold in the summer. That said, there has been a clear revival post the loss to City and he has to take credit for that.

P.S[/b]
the league was lost when we lost CESC to injury (Dec 21st) against Liverpool  cool

Your observation skills are COMPLETELY dulled if you think that.

The league was LOST in November when we drew 4-4 with Spurs. NOTHING we could have done could ever have brought us back at that point. We had already lost too many games to win the league.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by switch47(m): 7:41pm On May 25, 2009
ARSENAL ROCKS!!  i love it when they play tip tap soccer!! their time will surely come, every team in the premiership cant win all the time. their time will surely come!! Tip tap tip!! i love to see- them go to the left- right- center then left. they thrill me even when they miss!! It is inexplicable- The joy of seeing beautifull football. No silverware for four years?! Who cares. the memories of the ones they have got keeps me High till yet another one- coming sooner than i expect.[/b]if Bordeaux  could wait many years watching Lyon win the Title like its their birth right AND STILL WAITED PATIENTLY FOR THEIR TIME TO COME! Then Arsenal (still Rated among the World top four) will surely grab silverware again and again and again playing this Round leather TIP- TAP-TIP like magic is in it!! ARSENAL ARSENAL JOO!! Arsenal jare!! Arsenal joo- Gbasibe!!      ARSENAL ROCKS!!   FUTBOL  IS BEAUTIFUL   !!   Enjoy the game- purely entertainment-----------still rated among the top five in the world-----------silverware go come soon!! [b] WENGER KNOWS!! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 7:44pm On May 25, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

P.S[/b]
the league was lost when we lost CESC to injury (Dec 21st) against Liverpool cool

And Cesc's injury was Wenger induced?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 7:44pm On May 25, 2009
debosky:

The problem is NOT Wenger - it is a combination of things. This particular season has suffered from a number of ailments:

Wenger should take the blame.
When the team was beating sides week in week out, Wenger took the credits.
He should shoulder the blame when the team fails to deliver.
Wenger is the manager. . . . . .He should know the strength of his rivals in the EPL and match it as much as he can.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 7:48pm On May 25, 2009
~Sauron~:

Wenger is the manager. . . . . .He should know the strength of his rivals in the EPL and match it as much as he can.

Every other thing considered,AW should be held responsible for our dismal outings these past seasons
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 8:06pm On May 25, 2009
rasputinn:

Every other thing considered,AW should be held responsible for our dismal outings these past seasons

GOD bless u my fellow brother, how I wish other gunners could speak their minds this brazenly undecided

atimes some of the guys here feel like they will be de-Arsenalized if they say a word against AW cry

@kAY

Cesc got injured . .yes !

did he have any creative midfielder from then on ? . . .no !

is that Wenger-induced ?

DEFINITELY !

thats the essence of having extra bodies, not some frail unexerienced upstarts in ur team expecting them to bring u the World Cup all in one match grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by switch47(m): 8:56pm On May 25, 2009
STORY STORY? ;Dwho kill who? How did he die? who to blame my pikin come fourth in a class of 20 because e no win prize i go kill am chop?? grin in this case no be even dem pikin o. im papa no know dem, dem wan die put.

I beg  Oga ojo  on TV make i enjoy better football,  Arsenal tv please- Tip tap entertainment!! grin grin sweeting my spirit!! PURE ENTERTAINMENT grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 9:19pm On May 25, 2009
The problem was not a lack of creativity Kit, once again you show your poor analysis.

The team was CONCEDING too many goals, so Wenger had to play two defensive midfielders (Diaby + Denilson) to prevent us from going far behind and then hoping we nicked a goal. That was the main problem. By the time the defence recovered slightly, then he became a bit more adventurous with the midfield.

I don't know how you can say he didn't have a creative midfielder - what is Nasri? ( let's not even mention Wilshire or Ramsey) Cesc was injured on the 21st, at the next available window, Arshavin came in - isn't that a creative midfielder?

Rafa lost Torres and feels that is why he lost the title - he didn't say oh I should have bought back ups - he had back ups but you cannot replace the quality of the likes of Torres, Gerrard or Cesc in any team with someone on the bench (except maybe MU, but then Ronaldo cannot be replaced)

Take some perspective - Wenger takes responsibility for everything, but astute observers should be able to realise the man is working with a handicap in house and measure his performances in that light.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 9:33pm On May 25, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

@kAY

Cesc got injured . .yes !

did he have any creative midfielder from then on ? . . .no !

is that Wenger-induced ?

DEFINITELY !

thats the essence of having extra bodies, not some frail unexerienced upstarts in ur team expecting them to bring u the World Cup all in one match grin

But Mr creativity was there when we were beaten by Hull,Aston Villa,Stoke City.

Maybe if you chill with your Palmer-like "i said it" posture you will judge Arsene more objectively.

This here is KEY Dr.

debosky:

Take some perspective - Wenger takes responsibility for everything, but astute observers should be able to realise the man is working with a HANDICAPPED IN-HOUSE and measure his performances in that light.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 11:27pm On May 25, 2009
which team doesnt suffer from injuries Its left to the coach to think ahead

Wenger has failed and in a normal condition should be sacked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 5:34am On May 26, 2009
Mourning season after season, when will your morning come? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Specialist900(m): 5:40am On May 26, 2009
@dayo, the fact that Bayern sacked klinsman because he wasnt performing and appointed a new manager doesnt mean all clubs should do likewise. We are not a club where we hire and fire.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (101)

Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (3 - 0) On 6th May 2015 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.