Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,967 members, 7,966,573 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 05:30 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (74042 Views)

Poll: Do You Want Ade To Leave Arsenal FC?

Yes - Sell him immediately: 28% (17 votes)
Yes - Use the money to strengthen the team: 41% (25 votes)
No - Ade has been maltreated by the press: 10% (6 votes)
Not unless he is replaced, I will be sad to see him go: 18% (11 votes)
Unsure: 1% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by FBS: 9:59am On May 28, 2009
HNIC:

You make it look like he never won anything at Arsenal.(2 Epl.3 Fa cup medals)
he led a young team to the finals of the CL about 3 years ago and had he buried that gilt edge opportunity he had in the finals,
he would have won the medal he craved for three years ago and not yesterday.!
feel you bro and I'm not saying he never won anything with arsenal. Neither did I say he is not a gunner (at heart) wink . . .

Point is, he, only won what I presume he wanted most only yesterday. Had Arsenal won it 3 years ago, he'd still be at the Emirati by now. He left 'cos he couldn't just see his future with The Arses anymore. He left because Arsenal is simply going down the ladder and could not give him what he desired most.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 10:03am On May 28, 2009
Henry is still the greatest player in recent times.
Too bad, he couldn't keep hanging around failures.
Thank God for that decision, last night is a testimony.

@Gaynners,
Any organization usually refers to the last 5yrs to analyze performance.
If you're in mgt, u'd know that.

2008 was our trophyless year in the last 5yrs. Wasn't referring to our history.
Arses have failed woefully in the last 5yrs, even Pool did better.
That shows that the club is retrogressing.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tayoccu(m): 11:30am On May 28, 2009
BlueDiva:

@Gaynners,
Any organization usually refers to the last 5yrs to analyze performance.
If you're in mgt, u'd know that.

2008 was our trophyless year in the last 5yrs. Wasn't referring to our history.
Arses have failed woefully in the last 5yrs, even Pool did better.
That shows that the club is retrogressing.

aunty diva diver
na only 5 years you fit take do reference out of over 100 years?
typical of a b'lose scummie
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by FBS: 11:48am On May 28, 2009
dont really understand all these erections about history . Holding on to it will do you no good. You just have to improve on it. That is what success is based on.

L'Arses to quote BlueDiva, are retrogressing. for real.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 1:23pm On May 28, 2009
FBS:

feel you bro and I'm not saying he never won anything with arsenal. Neither did I say he is not a gunner (at heart) wink . . .

Point is, he, only won what I presume he wanted most only yesterday. Had Arsenal won it 3 years ago, he'd still be at the Emirati by now. He left 'cos he couldn't just see his future with The Arses anymore. He left because Arsenal is simply going down the ladder and could not give him what he desired most.

Didn't you just read what I wrote.

did u hear about his divorce case? and how messy it was

It was the real reason why he left and not that he couldn't win the CL with Arsenal

The same Henry that captained them to a CL final?

Come on!

If we had won it 3 years ago, he wouldn't still be at the Emirates.

He can't possibly play for Arsenal forever anyway.

Meanwhile, when he was leaving, his form had dipped and I am sorry to say this, he was just like a passenger on the field and was just strolling around.

He only rediscovered his form this season. lipsrsealed

Meanwhile, I am surprised by all these accolades for Henry.

You guys are the same fans who hated and despised him when he was at Arsenal and said all sorts about him

Now that he went to Barca, he has suddenly become the greatest player after Pele and Maradona
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 1:38pm On May 28, 2009
@ Bluediva
I laugh at your postulation.
management ko,executive ni
Many chavs wished that football in general and EPL in particular started in 2004 when RA brought in his millions.
You can't wish away history, it's not possible.
You haven't got one.
You guys just started out.
There was a tme, i think in the 80's you were plying your trade in the lower division.
There was footie before 04 and there will still be more after this season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by FBS: 1:50pm On May 28, 2009
HNIC, what are you saying? That he left because of his messy divorce? you got to be joking.
The main reason was UCL. He wanted it badly.

Factoid: He got want he wanted with Barca.

Certainly he can't be at the Emirati forever but you mentioned that he is a Gunner for life. So what exactly is your point?
Yes, he looked like a passer by on the field 'cos his heart was no longer there. Wenger tried to trick him with a new stadium but shait didn't work.

Henry is a good player, and please count me out of those who say he is not. While he was your king at Highbury, he was admired even by his opponents. What folks had against him was that he wasn't performing at the same level for his country. I stand to be corrected on this.

Forget this history stuff. . .build on it then we will take you serious. Until then. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 28, 2009
I love history so much.
Thats why i go to the museum.  cheesy

Meanwhile, divorce was just an excuse Henry used in leaving your sorry asses.
All this talk about sudden respect for Henry is trash.

I've loved Henry since his early days at Highbury.
The best player ASSenal ever had and would ever have.  tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 2:40pm On May 28, 2009
@ FBS
I am going by your Postulations.
Titi left because he wanted to win the UCL, not because of any messy divorce case.
Now that he's won,what is the next step?
Go back to France and retire in his Paris mansion(afterall he has achieved his life ambition)
Come back to Arsenal and be a coach, since he's a Gunner at heart!
You guys make me laugh.
My point is that, y'all are making it look like Henry is still a top dog(in CR7 and Messi's league)
and he left Arsenal to go and win the CL with Barcelonalike he was sold for 40 million
That logic sounds all so silly.
People close to him and also close to the club all know why he left.
Anyway, the Arsenal remains come what may.
He's a legend and loves the club inside out
BlueDiva:

All this talk about sudden respect for Henry is trash.

I've loved Henry since his early days at Highbury.The best player ASSenal ever had and[b] would ever have[/b]. tongue
The highlighted sounds ridiculous.
Who told you,arsenal would not produce a better player than HEnry?
Meanwhile, you guys always foam around the mouth about our players when they leave.
Not just talking about HEnry
When Flamster,Hleb and co were here, they were rubbish in your eyes
but as soon as they left, they are superstars.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 3:47pm On May 28, 2009
Meanwhile, after this weekend's FA cup final
What next till AUgust?
A dullfest!!! sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 28, 2009
Take it easy.
You saw the smiley, meaning i was joking.
The club will attract great players if AW decides to behave.

A dull 3months.
Well, the Confed starts next month.
I would have time to do better things, NL is seriously distracting.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 4:40pm On May 28, 2009
[size=30pt]What Arsenal could take from Barca & 2 new players join[/size]

[b]

[/quote]Quintuple, super human, British sprit, wonder team of the world were sent crashing back down to earth by a wonderful Barcelona team. Manchester United started the same way they did against us in first leg of the semi final. The front players defending from the top, not giving Barca any space or time to pick passes and it worked a treat. Manchester United should have taken the lead before Barca scored, they were in control but then a driving run and pass from Andreas Iniesta and a poked finish from Samuel Eto'o finished the game.

The game was over after Barcelona scored the first goal because they chucked the shackles to one side and found their passing again. Manchester United's midfield of Giggs, Carrick and Park were made to look like Sunderland.

They were running around chasing Xavi, Messi and Inesta and could not get near the ball. Has Wayne Rooney ever done so little in a game?

Had we had a strong decisive counter attack and scored at Old Trafford it might have been all different but that is life. Barca got the break and they took over the game.

Last season at Old Trafford where we didn't take our chances and lost 2-1 we did to United as Barca did last night. Watching Barca last night was frustrating as well as enjoyable because I know that our Arsenal team can reach the quality of their game and as long as we keep our players I believe that we will prove that.

One thing that this Arsenal team can take from Barcelona and Manchester United is showing the hunger to win the ball back when we lose it. Rooney, Messi, Eto'o. Tevez etc are chase like men possessed to close down the opponent on the ball, that is why Manchester United didn't score. It wasn't because of Barcelona's defence being very strong because they are nothing special. Win the ball back early and keep possession and the defence doesn't get troubled.

In earlier games against the likes of Hull City and Fulham we didn't put much pressure of the opposition and sometimes I get the impression that we think we can win games without breaking a sweat. Hopefully the effort is put in every game next season.

I loved watching Hleb's expressions at the end, he didn't look like a man who had won the champions league and he knows it. Someone should give him a patch of shiny green grass in a frame for him to hang up on his wall to remind him of his decisions. I am not one for laughing at others misfortunes but, hahahahahaha!

Arsenal and done their first bit of business in the transfer market, it is the kind of business that makes the doom and gloomers say "Oh no, not more kids!" like bringing in talented kids is actually going to effect anything that Wenger would do in the first team. But hey, there is no talking to'em.

FC Zürich’s Martin Angha-Lötscher and Cheltenham Town’s versatile starlet Jamie Edge are two under 16 year olds who will come into this fantastic set up that is set up at our club.

I quite like these kids coming in and not hearing about them for a while until one day there is talk of this 18 year old who is making big noises behind the scenes. I suppose with the reserve and youth leagues being on Arsenal TV and a few websites dedicated to these players it wouldn't happen like that anymore but it is still great to wait until the next Wilshere, Gibbs etc turns up.

Theo Walcott has been included in the England under 21s after all, it will be interesting to see what happens regarding the first team. Team mate Kieran Gibbs has also found his way into the squad after some great displays for Arsenal. Well done the young lad, he really does have a bright future in football.

Robin Van Persie is yet to tie himself down to the club, talks appear to be ongoing.

'The club and I have not been able to make any headway,' Van Persie is quoted as saying by De Telegraaf.

'But maybe I will soon have something new to report. That is all I have to say on this now.'

I don't think this is about money, from what he has said in the past it could well be about if he feels the team is competitive next season. I could be wrong but that is the impression I get from him. We need to keep players of the quality of Robin. 20 goals and top assists is nothing to be sniffed at. Fingers crossed that it gets sorted out soon. The last thing we need is another Flamini situation on our hands

I am going to be away for the next few days so there will be no blog until the weekend, or perhaps even Monday so have yourselves a good weekend.

Mean Lean [quote]
[/b]

http://www.arsenalvision.co.uk/myvision.php?articleid=1207
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 6:09pm On May 28, 2009
Wenger has been vindicated grin,
The best philosophy is the beautiful philosophy.
How of u would like ugly life partners(not necessarily physically) cos they're succesful.
I tell u u'd cheat on them eventually.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 28, 2009
Arsenal. . .the poor man's Barca
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by FBS: 10:53am On May 29, 2009
HNIC:

@ FBS
I am going by your Postulations.
Titi left because he wanted to win the UCL, not because of any messy divorce case.
Now that he's won,what is the next step?
Go back to France and retire in his Paris mansion(afterall he has achieved his life ambition)
Come back to Arsenal and be a coach, since he's a Gunner at heart!
You guys make me laugh.
My point is that, y'all are making it look like Henry is still a top dog(in CR7 and Messi's league)
and he left Arsenal to go and win the CL with Barcelonalike he was sold for 40 million
That logic sounds all so silly.
People close to him and also close to the club all know why he left.
Anyway, the Arsenal remains come what may.
He's a legend and loves the club inside out
The highlighted sounds ridiculous.
HNIC,
boy you scare me.
You say he loves Arsenal and left only for "personal" reasons. . .are you his brother, cousin or in any way close to him other an armchair supporter like the rest of you?
He left because he knew he could never win the UCL with L'Arses. Take it or leave it.  Now that he has won it, what he will do next is his decision.
Seriously, what makes you think he may not join PSG after some years grin. . .will he be the first footballer to do so?
He may not be a top dog but the dude is the French captain and that means he still got it.
You would have loved him to remain at the emirati 'cos since his departure you peeps have won nada.
Boy, I need protection from your logic 'cos its shitty scary.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by UyiIredia(m): 11:54am On May 29, 2009
STILL A GUNNAZ 4 LIFE
IN WENGER I TRUST __ make d guy no to dey mize money sha!!!  undecided undecided

@@ BlueDiva
sorry milady but ya made a mistake when u said Henry was d best playa Arsenal could eva hav
do the names Cesc Fabregas, Theo Walcott or even Niklas Bendtner come 2 mind!!!!!!!!!!
                                                                                           |                                                 
                                                                                           V                                                           
                                                                                     grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 29, 2009
@@ BlueDiva
sorry milady but ya made a mistake when u said Henry was d best playa Arsenal could eva hav
do the names Cesc Fabregas, Theo Walcott or even Niklas Bendtner come 2 mind!!!!!!!!!!

Mediocre players.
They even struggle to get first team for their countries.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 6:12pm On May 29, 2009
Uyi Iredia:

STILL A GUNNAZ 4 LIFE
IN WENGER I TRUST __ make d guy no to dey mize money sha!!!  undecided undecided

@@ BlueDiva
                                                                                           |                                                 
                                                                                           V                                                           
                                                                                     grin grin grin grin

embarassed  embarassed  embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 7:42pm On May 29, 2009
Why you dey cry Kit? grin

If Wenger has his way, the new song at the Emirates next season will be:

'Pinky the boy, Pinky the boooy, give him the ball and he will score'
grin grin

No need debating what Arsenal needs right now - let us hear about the first signing and talk then. We all know the defence and midfield need to be strengthened, with depth in certain locations required - CB and creative CM (not a load babies/kids, but a recognised deputy for Cesc - even if one of the kids).

BlueDiva:

I've loved Henry since his early days at Highbury.
The best player ASSenal ever had and would ever have.  tongue

Chelski will NEVER have a player as good as Henry - how about them apples? tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 7:46pm On May 29, 2009
Not in a thousand light years
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 7:48pm On May 29, 2009
debosky:

Chelski will NEVER have a player as good as Henry - how about them apples? tongue

Not in a thousand light years
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 6:07am On May 30, 2009
debosky:

Why you dey cry Kit? grin

If Wenger has his way, the new song at the Emirates next season will be:

'Pinky the boy, Pinky the boooy, give him the ball and he will score'
grin grin

No need debating what Arsenal needs right now - let us hear about the first signing and talk then. We all know the defence and midfield need to be strengthened, with depth in certain locations required - CB and creative CM (not a load babies/kids, but a recognised deputy for Cesc - even if one of the kids).

@RASPUTINN - Not in a million years you mean ryt? grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 30, 2009
Vialli
Zola
Ballack,
Lampard
Drogba
Essien. . .should i go on?

These are players ASSenal will only dream of.
Ask Henry, and he'll tell you these are players at par if not better than him
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 2:12pm On May 30, 2009
BlueDiva:

Vialli
Zola
Ballack,
Lampard
Drogba

These are players ASSenal will only dream of.
Ask Henry, and he'll tell you these are players at par if not better than him

How come you didn't put the smiley,costhis is definitely the hugest joke you've ever made on this thread,those players are good no doubt,but they are not in the league of TH14,maybe in the league of the likes of Ljunberg or Wiltord
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 30, 2009
Henry and Lamps were runners up for Worlds best player.
Yet you say they're not at par?
Sir, do you know what you're saying?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 3:00pm On May 30, 2009
BlueDiva:

Vialli
Zola
Ballack,
Lampard
Drogba

Dont be silly, you wayward ballerina!

Drogba, Ballack, Lampard and Essien are not in the same league as TH14!

Zola and Vialli's were top class but thier time was pretty much years ago, footy has developed a lot better!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 30, 2009
You Arrow.
What do you know?

Henry and Lamps were runners up for Worlds best player

What does that tell you?
At par.

Lamps is even better. wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 4:05pm On May 30, 2009
Lampard better than Henry??

*thinking aloud*. . .Must be the sun. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 30, 2009
If he ain't better, he's at par.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 4:10pm On May 30, 2009
Cristalz:

Lampard better than Henry??

*thinking aloud*.  .  .Must be the sun. grin grin grin

Dat Estonian Ballerina called BlueDiva is a Clueless dumb fuc.k! grin

How can one claim to know footy ever so well and conclude Lampard is better than Henry? grin

Beggars belief!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 4:12pm On May 30, 2009
BlueDiva:

You Arrow.
What do you know?

A lot more than a gazillion of Blue Diva who a retard reasons and analyses better than! tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 30, 2009
Can't blame you much
Still suffering from [size=22pt]trophyless[/size] syndrome

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (101)

Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (3 - 0) On 6th May 2015 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.