Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,168 members, 7,880,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:42 PM

To Tithe or Not to Tithe? - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To Tithe or Not to Tithe? (61796 Views)

To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. / Ten (10) Reasons To Tithe / Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by Hndholder(m): 12:44pm On Feb 06, 2006
You read your Bible upside down. Because Malachi3:8-10 Never ask you to pay NAIRA or DOLLARS it is address to the priest of that time as warning. As offering to GOD can only be made by the priests. Purely Agricultural product  obtained from non Levities in presence of Aron children and that was their on tax then. I hope you are not using FAKE Bible.
I pay my tax regularly here in Nigeria. What else.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by joftech(m): 12:45pm On Feb 06, 2006
whatever *rolling eyes* but the truth remains at least that's what my bible tells me!!!

That's what the bible said, agreed. But of you look in the bible (old testament) you will discover that 90-95% of the laws have been done away with by Christians, why is it that some pastors held strongly to that Malachai chapter. I wonder how much they are even paying that guy for putting that verse in place.

These people bellowed from the pulpit telling you the money is God's, now you see them going about in SUVs and designer suits while church members go about groaning. You can only wonder if you that they are calling theif is the real theif or them, they claimed the money belong to God now they spend the money lavishly, is it that they are the God they are talking about.

MY own belief is that God does not know money. The way these pastors talk make God looks like a beggar and a forceful tax collector, afterall Jesus turned Matthew from a tax collector to something better.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by flavorflav(f): 7:19pm On Feb 06, 2006
I pay my tithes and i've not for once complain or beg to get my bills paid. I belief in God's word and not the pastors. i strongly belief the money that God has given me to give back to the church is being used for God's work on earth.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by cheekee(f): 9:25pm On Feb 06, 2006
yes that's just about it........i wonder why some people are getting to hard to understand that the thing about pastors eating up their mone is none of their buisnees theirs is to give and clear it up with God the rest God himself will deal with!!!!!!!
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by joftech(m): 11:00pm On Feb 06, 2006
cheekee, it's like this you gave your brother some money to help you to build a house and pay for your siblings school fees, instead of acting as directed he went ahead to lavish the money on himself. Will you keep a sealed lip over that?
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by flavorflav(f): 11:07pm On Feb 06, 2006
@ Joftech, just because you had a bad experience doesn't mean you've to pull everyone down with you.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by cheekee(f): 11:08pm On Feb 06, 2006
you've said it all flavorflav.............how much more could i thank you??
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by joftech(m): 12:13am On Feb 07, 2006
I have never had such xperience b4, cos am a Catholic. And am not pulling anyone down cos me myself am not down. Yall get that to your craniums.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by sage(m): 6:18am On Feb 07, 2006
Stop dashing pastors money. these thieves in the cloaks of pastors are defrauding the poor masses
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by Hndholder(m): 8:35am On Feb 07, 2006
I have never pay tithe in my life . I am a Nigerian I pay my TAX to the federal republic of Nigeria . I do donate to Mosques, Churches for charity.
I pay my bills regularly. . not one man calling himself Pastor can I give my money to and I never lack.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by cheekee(f): 9:00am On Feb 07, 2006
that just your theory!!
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by Hndholder(m): 9:05am On Feb 07, 2006
I have eyes I can see. Some have they can not they are blind by dogma. I have my free will and I am free . Ye seek for the truth the truth shall made you free.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by flavorflav(f): 3:11pm On Feb 07, 2006
Cheekee, please stop explaining to ppl the reason to pay tithes, we've spoken!!!, Selah.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by Hndholder(m): 3:42pm On Feb 07, 2006
You spoke nothing only to find more to your fold. Thank God we are wiser
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by Babybee(f): 10:44pm On Feb 08, 2006
i will say you should do wat u think its right,if u believe in paying tithe,pay it,and recieve the blessing u believe is behind it.And if not why not just leave it,and stop this thinking of what it is going to be used for!!!
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by flavorflav(f): 10:55pm On Feb 08, 2006
thank you, Babybee!
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by Hndholder(m): 9:09am On Feb 09, 2006
Good talk, Birds with the same colours grin
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by coolstuff4real(m): 10:59am On Feb 09, 2006
i dont know about any of you guys, but to me tithe and offering is God's way of bringing abundance to us, Jesus said " i come that they may have life and have it more abundantly", that blessing of Too much is for my spiritual, physical and material enjoyment. God is not trying to take something from us as many people thinks, but He is trying to bring excess in our lifes, so we can help those in need and still have excess. Tithe and offering is God's family planning for us. Praise the Lord.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by Hndholder(m): 11:22am On Feb 09, 2006
Akik Kah! So God can spend Naira? We should not talk when we should. Christ did not teach us to pay tithe. He ask us to LOVE our nabours, In as much as you are kind to those who are in need. He said you have done that to me. Tithing is stealing by method because not money (NAIRA) was intended but only Agricultural products.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by coolstuff4real(m): 3:40pm On Feb 09, 2006
People open your eyes, its very simple n plain. If their is meat in God's house their will be meat in your house. It is tradition of the jewish people to pay tithes n offerings go look it up from old testament, even Abraham (father of our faith) did it and was bless with excess even his children.
Am not here to argue with anyone, if you are a true born again child of God you will bless the house of God with your tithes and offerings so funds will be their to help the needy.
The best we can do for the poor is not to be poor, but be rich by God's grace and lift them up so God can lift us up also. God gave his very best Jesus Christ to save us from sin, sickness and death. "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed".(Isaiah 53:6) Its time accept Jesus as Lord of our lives and bless Him with our best also. Thanks
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by Hndholder(m): 3:53pm On Feb 09, 2006
Are you saying that Jesus Christ was a tithe paid to God to forgive sins? please explain
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by Hndholder(m): 4:59pm On Feb 09, 2006
John 8 ¶ Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
38 ¶ I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
46 ¶ Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by allonym: 10:43am On Feb 17, 2006
we are still waiting for the explanation
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by Hndholder(m): 1:20pm On Feb 17, 2006
He never die for your sin to be forgiven he was simply killed for saying the truth.

I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
     And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
    He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by chrisd(m): 1:21pm On Feb 17, 2006
I feel that the rule to tithe is like the practice of Indulgences that the Catholis church in the end also condemned
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by Hndholder(m): 1:31pm On Feb 17, 2006
You are right. Those are words of Luthern that made him ran away from catholic.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by lovtruth: 9:36pm On Feb 18, 2006
I wrote to you all about a month ago about the modern day doctrine of wage earner tithing. Remember people that tithes is food and livestock, only farmers and herdsmen can tithe. In fact there are at least 3 prerequisites to be eligible to tithe. 1. must be farmer or herdsmen 2. must live in Israel 3. there must be Levites to tithe to today. There's more but suffice it to say that tithes is not money or wages, anyone that teaches such is just flat out lieing and we all know where they are going. Some people here in the USA say that a person is going to hell for not tithing and they base it on Malachi 3 by saying that no robber is going to heaven. I'll write again in a little while about this subject. I believe the modern day tithe teaching is one of the most destructive teachings in the body of christ today, I will outline my reasons in my next writing, it is through much meditation, prayer, and fasting, not just study, that I've come up with these reasons, this is way more serious than I've ever imagined it to be when I started studying this about 11 months ago.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by idiotboop(f): 2:23pm On Feb 19, 2006
As christians we should tithe, though i am not regular myself, i try , and i want to because the bible tells us to.
the OLD and New testament are applicable to all, the problem is most christians pick and choose what suits them , some totally disregard the old testament forgetting that is where all the laws by God are found and the real church was based on that foundation,it saddens me that we can be one , unscrupulous people cloak themselves in saintly robes to squeeze the people dry and this us to upset me, but i was praying one day and this is what was imparted on my mind, i must not worry about what the wolves in sheeps clothing do , but trust that god will weed them out in his own time. and there have been prime examples here in the uk where the money hungry preachers have been exposed.

So i tithe because it is the law , not just to the people of that time but also to us now and yes Jesus did not come to change the law but fulfil it, i am not claiming to be an authority on the bible but i am studying daily and encourage all to. Let the fact that there are some amongst us who are shady and indeed devils put us off, because it wont be an acceptable excuse on the judgment day. If you feel where you worship might be raising signals in your mind, pray and ask to be led to a place that is right ,it's what i did, trust me there were certain gatherings i found myself and the insincerity was so strong i felt like lounging for the preacher of lies and breaking his neck, instead i excused myself and asked God for forgiveness for my impure thoughts.

Peace
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by lovtruth: 4:38pm On Feb 19, 2006
The fact of the matter is this, most preachers pick and choose which parts of the bible they want to suit their agenda, other aspects of the tithing law are left out(giving to the poor), in reality when you give money your not tithing anyway, I will post at a later time the extreme dangers to the body of christ of this so-called tithe teaching with all its ramifications.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by Iknowwhoim(m): 4:57pm On Feb 19, 2006
All of you who are against tithing. Simple keep your money. At least no one can force you to do what you don't want to do, Not even God can. As for all who believe in tithing like I do, keep on PAYING you tithes. May the good word of the Lord be fulfilled in your lives.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by Iknowwhoim(m): 5:04pm On Feb 19, 2006
Tithing is stealing by method because not money (NAIRA) was intended but only Agricultural products. Hnd-Holder

You must understand that the ppl being written to were largely an agrarian society then.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by Hndholder(m): 8:14am On Feb 20, 2006
grin What a pastor/teacher please do not teach me lies o for God sake.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (64) (Reply)

Hilarious Sign Board Of A Church In Ghana where they offer problems / "Man Gets Pregnant After Sleeping With His Master's Wife" - Prophet SEER 1 / Frank Edwards And Sharon Pastor Chris' Daughter Hang Out Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.