Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,828 members, 7,906,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 01:03 AM

Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) (8500 Views)

Alex Ferguson's Statue Unveiled At Old Trafford / Man Utd Vs Newcastle Utd On Monday 16th Aug. 2010 @ 7:00pm Live @ Old Trafford / Manchester United (4) Vs Bayern Munich (4) Live From Old Trafford, 7th April, 7:45pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by amodu(m): 4:04pm On Nov 24, 2006
not run away like arsenal fans.
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by kitaun(m): 4:08pm On Nov 24, 2006
@Superdunce

Is it Arsenal you guys are up against?

Why don't you face the Russians and forget the bitterness caused at our beating you at Old Thrashford grin

I wonder what would happen if it were to be Arsenal topping the table, what would your likes would be yapping about? Where were you when we defeated you at home? Could you come on board? grin
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by amodu(m): 4:16pm On Nov 24, 2006
If Arsenal should be topping the League we wont have rest of mind grin tongue
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by superstar1(m): 4:25pm On Nov 24, 2006
@Kuntakunte kitaun

well na u get ur hand to type anythn wey u like.d series was ment to b for chelsea n manu fans, get urself busy by creatin arsenal n bolton series n watch ao d reponse is going to be. wink winkONE UNITED
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by amodu(m): 4:28pm On Nov 24, 2006
@Kuntakunte kitaun

grin
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by Jackal(m): 4:38pm On Nov 24, 2006
@ superstar1,

U are one hell of a guy.
Kinta Kunte? Isn't that the african slave inthe movie, ROOTS?
Ooooooh my days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a quick one.
U got me cracking with the best shot of the week.
Thumbs up, mate.

@ Kitaun,
What do u have to say? grin
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by kitaun(m): 4:48pm On Nov 24, 2006
@superdunce

I never knew my response could elicit such a very realistic post from you, it seems you are confused and rightly so Amodu(for the first time in ages) was spot on in quotinq you, the big Q is why mention Arsenal fans in your post or when did Arsenal become an affiliate of Chelsea for you to insinuate Arsenal fans run away? grin

Nobody has bothered creating thread Arsenal vs Bolton cos we all know the match might just pan out to be an anticlimax, maybe after Arsenal would have donated 7 goals to the much they have conceded this season already, ask Juri tongue

One big advise for you is; you yet don't know how the gang flows so don't get caught in the middle of a storm cos no one is going to bail you out, this is quitessentially what i would have advised a fellow newcomer gooner too, just in case the person decides to start abusing people on board, so watch it mate cool grin

In that light i take your calling me KUNTAKINTE as a compliment cool

@Jackal

I would have expected you tell your bomboy to tape it shut, but rather you expose him to misery more, stop inciting him against the people that would make his stay on Nairaland miserable, i know you copy, don't you?

GOONER 1991
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by Jackal(m): 4:55pm On Nov 24, 2006
@ Kit,

U are the one taking shhhhhit personal.
The whole shebang started when u called a superstar a superdunce.
That was totally uncalled for and the guy didnt disappoint me with his reply.

What are u doing on this thread?
It belongs to the Justkunmis and Jackmodus but u infiltrated it with ur comments and u were dissin a Red Devil.
Iono why u feel i dont have a right to enjoy a joke like this.

Is u hit? (pls, pardon my African-American language)
Don't take it too personal.
Superstar was just enjoying himself and i am glad u appreciate the fact he called u Kinta Kinte.
Get on wiv it.
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by kitaun(m): 5:07pm On Nov 24, 2006
@Jackal

Its all good, it must feel cold out there with all your peeps vouching for you not to be able to pick all 3 points from your game with Chelski, but i know you are not so gullible as not to try correct an impression when wrongly placed undecided

Who was it that paraded himself nude and had to be arrested when you lost at OT, WAS IT NOT YOUR DARLING FRIEND?----HUCARSON, am sure you can still remember grin Am still waiting for someone amongst your lot to dare something grave in the eventuality of MANSCUM losing grin

How many regular Gooners on Nland had vamoosed for sake of our team having lost matches or drawn to weaker or supposed weaker-teams? we always have stood by the club, so why say ''unlike Arsenal fans that run away''? angry

Oh My God!!! shocked shocked shocked

Are you dead serious about this JACKMODU signing?
are you sure he is not a pensioner like some of the chaps in the KGB? grin

Please feel free to enjoy the jokes because the joke might be on you by Sunday evening, lol grin
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by bolaoni(m): 5:13pm On Nov 24, 2006
*coughing*

tempted to say something
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by Jackal(m): 5:25pm On Nov 24, 2006
@ Bolaoni,

Don't join yet. U are a Patron and Patrons don't jump in early.
Just sit back n relax, lemme deal with this stubborn gooner.

@ Kit,
What do u mean by DARLING FRIEND?
Are u suggesting i am gay? grin
United enjoyed being written off, United has been written off worse than this before and Ferguson still triumphed.

All the Arsenal fans are on exile cos it seems like a dream that United is 12 points ahead of Arsenal after just 1/3 of the matches played.
Vieira, Bagoma, Priscilla, Skintite, Babwilms, and many others have fled NL cos its unthinkable to think ASSnal would be this far out on the chase for the title.

I have signed JACKMODU but we are still worried about his medicals and his age.
He claims 21 but X-ray reports prove he is at least 38.
We are still working it out and we might not sign him if there's any descrpancy in his age.
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by kitaun(m): 5:43pm On Nov 24, 2006
Lmao @Jackal, this Fagmodu issue is really cracking me up, and was i insinuating u r gay? Lol, well Bolaoni i know u created that thread that saw Manscum bashed inside out so pls air your view man, am waiting!
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by bolaoni(m): 5:53pm On Nov 24, 2006
@ kitaun,

Won't make any prediction coz I'm very late for this thread.

let's all see this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/6161392.stm

though he believes Chelsea will get a draw, but I don't think so within me, am I contradicting myself?

Please Let Us Cut Off the Abuses, We Can Enjoy This Forum Without Them wink
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by kitaun(m): 6:07pm On Nov 24, 2006
For example why did your person disappear?
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by tosinadeda: 6:15pm On Nov 24, 2006
@kit

free this pple abeg
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by kitaun(m): 6:18pm On Nov 24, 2006
Free who? Bolaoni or Jackal? No sir! Those are the real Man U dons that make here tick
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by bolaoni(m): 7:34pm On Nov 24, 2006
I disappeard coz u guys were turnin this place 2 sumtin else. don't enjoy da mess.
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by kitaun(m): 8:50pm On Nov 24, 2006
Well,

You guys disappeared before things got so awry and worse still, it seemed some people wanted them to be begged back, i wonder if it works that way undecided cool
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by bolaoni(m): 10:22pm On Nov 24, 2006
it is not like that, so many are not happy @ the thins were going then, they'd rather stay away.
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by kitaun(m): 11:01pm On Nov 24, 2006
Bolaoni, you should know beta, does it mean those of us that stayed back are fools? or we don't feel begrudged in anyway? I remember contemplating leaving once and to be sincere with u i still toy with such thoughts 1ce in a while but yet life here would continue so wtf? I imagine how this place would be if we all decide to leave?
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by bolaoni(m): 11:13pm On Nov 24, 2006
personal choice man. none of us was forced here, so we can always leave anytime we feel like, huh.
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by kitaun(m): 11:23pm On Nov 24, 2006
Well said man, that means we agree on that issue, cheers
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by kitaun(m): 11:27pm On Nov 24, 2006
That reminds me, u never create that thread we yarned 'bout?
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by nuggard(m): 12:41am On Nov 25, 2006
This may be a bit un-traditional but I fancy Fergie plays 4-5-1 against chelsea. Put another way, If I were in SAF's size 18 shoes I would use this formation.

Line Up.

Van Der sar

Nevill Ferdinand Vidic Heinze

Brown

Christiano Carrick Scholes Giggs.

Rooney/ Saha

subs. The usual except 4 silvestre.

bbc's analyst suggests that SAF would play 4-4-2, I disagree for the reason he(analyst) mentioned,we would be playing 2 against 4 in mid-field which may be catastrophic.

By playing a diamond in the middle, chelski can get the ball forward quickly especially with the boring long balls.
launching the ball just between the defence and the Midfield would be a problem 4 United as chelsea has players like ballack,essien and lampard capable of testing the dutch giant with shots from afar.

playing 4-5-1 may sound initially counter productive, but I feel it still gives the edge of playing with width, as well as having 3 MF' s playing centrally against chelsea's attacking 3.

Rather than the 3 mf's playing flat(whatever its called), Wes Brown, Carrick and Scholes would form a shallow-concave line reducing the space for ballack to play while keeping Essien and Lampard in check ie in front of the midfield or defence.

I would pick Heinze ahead of the other LB's because he doesn't gallop forward as much as Evra, He is strong and is not as confused as silvestre. Also his more defensive approach gives Giggs the freedom to move centrally (as against celtic) especially with most of the crosses coming from Gary Neville and Ronaldo on the right.
should Heinze be out of position, Vida can cover for him while brown takes a more defensive approach.

Wes brown comes ahead of O'shea cuz He is faster, has better shots and is better arially. Carrick and Scholes would supply the clinical through balls for the forward-and this is where my problems lie. By playing either of Saha or Rooney, the bench looks richer and gives the room for making attacking options which have been lacking for a while.

The dilemma is which of the duo should start. Saha has shown great awareness and his movement is awesome, however his fininshing is lethargic.

Rooney on the other hand can barrel his way through an Ice frozen mountain, however his height doesn't favour him as much as saha is blessed.While I am not sure his speed matches that of Louis, he can outrun and out foul most defenders.

I will refrain from making a prediction.but hope we all enjoy the game.
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by bolaoni(m): 7:05am On Nov 25, 2006
yes o. hope the weekend will be good for our teams. UNITED 4 EVER!
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by lalaboi(m): 9:19am On Nov 25, 2006
Mr nuggard

uppon al ur formation analysis! If manutd wil loose! Dy wil loose! If dy wil win dy wil win! It doesnt mata wat formatn dy use!
When most big teams loose a match do dy complain bout dia formatn? No. Its who eva utilises dia chance wins d game. E.g. Manutd arsenal! Manutd had chances bt none was converted! Arsenal also had chances n convertd 1 of dm!. Thats futbol. Mak use of ur chances or u pay 4 d missd chances! I cnt say who wil win, i jus hope chelsea wins!
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by lalaboi(m): 9:27am On Nov 25, 2006
Mr nuggard

uppon al ur formation analysis! If manutd wil loose! Dy wil loose! If dy wil win dy wil win! It doesnt mata wat formatn dy use!
When most big teams loose a match do dy complain bout dia formatn? No. Its who eva utilises dia chance wins d game. E.g. Manutd arsenal! Manutd had chances bt none was converted! Arsenal also had chances n convertd 1 of dm!. Thats futbol. Mak use of ur chances or u pay 4 d missd chances! I cnt say who wil win, i jus hope chelsea wins!
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by lalaboi(m): 9:27am On Nov 25, 2006
Mr nuggard

Mr nuggard

Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by kitaun(m): 9:44am On Nov 25, 2006
Bros na vex? we don hear u o!
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by bolaoni(m): 10:09am On Nov 25, 2006
hope? that doesn't avail much man! ur coment implies you are scared jare.
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by amodu(m): 10:26am On Nov 25, 2006
That formation can destroy Chelsea o grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Berbatov Versus Ibrahimovic / Arsenal Vs West Bromwich Albion (1 - 0) On 26th December 2016 / Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (0 - 1) - Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.