Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,873 members, 7,883,058 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 10:31 PM

Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) (8450 Views)

Alex Ferguson's Statue Unveiled At Old Trafford / Man Utd Vs Newcastle Utd On Monday 16th Aug. 2010 @ 7:00pm Live @ Old Trafford / Manchester United (4) Vs Bayern Munich (4) Live From Old Trafford, 7th April, 7:45pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by mukina2: 7:46pm On Nov 26, 2006
yeah cuz his hand was up even before the ball came to them . . . .
i seriously pity vidic today he suffered all colours of fouls grin grin grin grin
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by bolaoni(m): 7:55pm On Nov 26, 2006
It was him against the romans. virtually all d romans were pocketd until late on in d 2nd half.
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by kitaun(m): 8:01pm On Nov 26, 2006
@Christino, see how ur predictions abt villains and heroes turned out poorly?
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by Christino(m): 8:40pm On Nov 26, 2006
Unfortunately, i saw neither of the matches. In fact, the only game i've seen this season (as in 90mins +) is West Ham vs. Reading.

I cannot clearly pick out those players who squandered chances or lost possession easily or tackled carelessly or woteva, but I understand Campo fed Anelka for the last goal. Saha was the hero on the Man-U side and Carvarlho for Chelsea but on either side both guys are villains (that's the way Fergie would c Carvalho or vice versa)

The prediction for the MOM awards were woeful no doubt, but that's not my fault.
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by edmondo(m): 10:20pm On Nov 26, 2006
shame to all anti blue fan,blues were able to draw united t old strafod,infat they almost loose the match.they will c hell @ st bridge.
@AMODU,UP BLUES!!!
BLUE NA D COLOUR!!!
BLUE RULE D WORLD!!!
BLUE FOR LIFE!!!
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by Mustay(m): 5:22am On Nov 27, 2006
, l.o.o.s.e, ?
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by tosinadeda: 6:02am On Nov 27, 2006
@edmondo

drawing man u at ot is not an achievement

they beaten by arsenal there
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by wormedup(m): 8:19am On Nov 27, 2006
@tosinadeda,

so in that line of thought we should assume that arsenal will beat us ?

10th is not far anymore, ur xmas present awaits u guys - a little bit early.

o boy, man u sweating from their gums at OT ? tongue

whatever happend to saha+rooney+ronaldo+giggs firepower 2 - 0 my butt !
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by kitaun(m): 8:29am On Nov 27, 2006
I see you now feel invicible abi? Well i cant talk much now cos my foolish coach made me have a seizure on Saturday, so 4 now u cld enjoy boasting abt how u wld demolish bolton(oh how i love the premiership) and massacre Arsenal since u played a draw with Manscum, bt i wld remind u and rub it in properly when u r gunned down
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by Christino(m): 8:36am On Nov 27, 2006
As far as i'm concerned, that's poor management on the side of SAF. 1 point from 2 HOME matches is a failure. Thank God Chelsea have not been as consistent as they were last season cos if that was the case United would be behind by as much as 6 points now. Thank God so far there's been some competition.

I won't blame fergie until he goes to stanford bridge to get at least a draw and to the Emirates stadium to pay back, until then, Boro will prove to be the big test again this season, having played part of Chelsea's woeful slip (2-1 to Fergie's advantage)

It's getting hotter anyway and I'm luvin it, though i'm praying Yak returns to form so all the top clubs can be whooped again this season grin

Sorry 2 say @ Chelsea fans,

I don't want chelsea winning the league but it's kinda inevitable sha, cos If Saha and Rooney are for some reasons unavailable for a while I'm sorry for United. Hope Fergie won't have to beg for RVN to come back on loan. Rossi the answer? Not yet!

As for the gunners,
One more loss and the title race is effectively over, it's gonna be the battle for UEFA slot.
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by chidichris(m): 8:52am On Nov 27, 2006
is sweet this time in the EPL. i hope those of you writting off chelsea will learn ur lessons quick as they are fast coming.
from the way things are going i am on the belief that murinho will go for more attackers this january and then it will be fight to finish.
chelsea were able to prove a point last night and for Jose he knows wat's up. his changes are fantastic. beating him is always a tug of war. u must pay dearly whenever u beat jose and the worst thing u can try during is scoring him early in the game as he wouldn't mind playing only one deffender with the other nine players in front. Jose; u are ten much.
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by kitaun(m): 8:59am On Nov 27, 2006
Tape it shut man, how am i supposed to reckon with ur views largely myopic especially as u dont get to watch these matches? Even when u did it was W ham vs Reading! Lol. Who told u d league becomes completed with just a third of d matches played yet? Even at that, se na dt ur yeye team wey chop 7 kondo last season na dem u think say go be giant beaters? Lol
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by Jackal(m): 9:13am On Nov 27, 2006
@ christino,

Your views/analysis is myopic.
Getting 1 point in 2 HOME matches is poor management?
Thumping Bolton away is what?
We all saw what happened to the Gunners at the reebok stadium.
Lets see how Chelski copes on wednesday.

How many teams can match United's feat this season.
Chelsea has lost 2 matches, Arsenal has lost 3 and United has only lost once.
If u think that is poor management then u need to either get a SHRINK or get a dictionary.
A United team that stopped an all-star team like Chelsea.
What did Ballack, Lampard, Shevchenko and Drogba contributed in the match? ZILCH and almost anonymous.

Overall, i think United edged it.
Chelsea came out smokin in the 2nd half cos they had the in-depth.
United's 1st XI is better than Chelsea's and thats a fact whether u knuckle-heads accept or not.
Title going to the bridge? Try title going to the Emirates.
Buncha schmuks.
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by kitaun(m): 9:23am On Nov 27, 2006
Buncha schmuks this early monday morning?!
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by amodu(m): 9:33am On Nov 27, 2006
Christino i no be witch, i know is going to happen.
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by mukina2: 11:59am On Nov 27, 2006
*yawns*
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by justkunmi(m): 1:13pm On Nov 27, 2006
united for life
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by nuggard(m): 2:44pm On Nov 27, 2006
Christino:

As far as i'm concerned, that's poor management on the side of SAF. 1 point from 2 HOME matches is a failure. Thank God Chelsea have not been as consistent as they were last season because if that was the case United would be behind by as much as 6 points now. Thank God so far there's been some competition.

how am I going to say what I have to without insulting you. 1 point from 2 home games is failure, innit.

for most parts of the game it looked like we had won the game but shyt happens! and all that talk of how chelsea have not been consistent really bores me.

As for me I am glad that
a) we are above chelsea
b) we frustrated them, isn' it interesting to see how chelsea players become antagonistic when they are down.
c) Ashely gay is not worthy of kissing Ronnies nether end.
d) we played excellently and outplayed chelsea.

what pisses me off is that chelski seem to get a point when they don't deserve it-that's why I am not religious,God afterall is not a Red Devil.
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by amodu(m): 3:02pm On Nov 27, 2006
what pisses me off is that chelski seem to get a point when they don't deserve it-

How can you say Chelsea did not deserve the point with the way they played United in the second half.
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by superstar1(m): 3:09pm On Nov 27, 2006
ONE united.BY NOW CHELSKI FANS NOW KNO D TRUE WORTH OF THEIR 30MILLION,80MILLION ETC POUNDS PLAYAS.ASHLEY COLE SHD B SENT THE FUTBOL ACADEMY,PALLACK IS JUST ON PENSION LLIST IN CHELSEA,SHEVY SHD B LOANED TO A LEAGUE1 TEAM,DROGBA IS ONLY FIT FOR BULLYING.DESPIT 200MILLIONS POUNDS PLAYAS PALYING THERE WAS NUTHN SPECTACULAR ABOUT THEM.PITY ABRAHIMOVICH.MOURINHO IS THE ONLY PERSON UR TEAM HAS I REPECT HIM ALOT BUT HE IS A LOUD MOUTHED ASSHOLE.UNITED RULE DEM ALL
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by bolaoni(m): 3:15pm On Nov 27, 2006
Easy!

The point was well deserved, though I still think the Romans were lucky.

We didn't rise up to them in the 2nd half and they took control of the game.

I still believe we lack depth and that will determine who wins the Premiership by May.

When out 1st eleven tires out, who take over from them?

I am yet to see what the subs would have done if the game had continued.

FERGIE PLEASE GET MORE QUALITY PLAYERS IN JANUARY!
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by amodu(m): 3:15pm On Nov 27, 2006
We get a draw at OT yet you are still making noise
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by lalaboi(m): 4:38pm On Nov 27, 2006
Wats luck gotta do gotta do! Wats luck gotta do wit d champions! *singn* i said b4 d game, if u dnt utilise ur chances u cnt win.

Now The catching manutd job wil b aided by small teams!
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by kitaun(m): 4:49pm On Nov 27, 2006
bolaoni:

Easy!

The point was well deserved, though I still think the Romans were lucky.

We didn't rise up to them in the 2nd half and they took control of the game.

I still believe we lack depth and that will determine who wins the Premiership by May.

When out 1st eleven tires out, who take over from them?

I am yet to see what the subs would have done if the game had continued.

FERGIE PLEASE GET MORE QUALITY PLAYERS IN JANUARY!

Very objective view coming from one of the oldies, it makes me remember the old days, lol wink grin
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by bolaoni(m): 7:12pm On Nov 27, 2006
what about d old days? me sef dey feel am jare, what a nostalgia!
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by kitaun(m): 7:19pm On Nov 27, 2006
Me and Akola just dey yarn finish and we had quite a lot to talk about, lol grin grin

How far with that your stuff? undecided
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by CrazyMan(m): 7:24pm On Nov 27, 2006
The Chelsea game was good, we tried our best, we played well
but the finishing wasn't as good as expected.
it's also obvious that chelsea isn't that good,
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by justkunmi(m): 7:28pm On Nov 27, 2006
well said
chelsea is not invincible . . they just do enough to win matches.
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by CrazyMan(m): 7:53pm On Nov 27, 2006
Am sure they won't even finish in second place this season
am very sure of that
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 27, 2006
All persons anti-One United were dissapointed this weekend. A win against Chelsea was on the horizon and it's sad we could not round it up. Either ways, we look forward to entertaining Everton.
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by CrazyMan(m): 8:12pm On Nov 27, 2006
Yea
And i know that's gonna be a three points in advance
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by Jackal(m): 9:13pm On Nov 27, 2006
Crazykid,

Sssup homie,
Where the heck have u been?
United had all the chances to wrap that game up especially in the 2nd half.
The attack didn't do enough and most of Giggsy's crosses werent perfect.

Ashley Cole had countless erections for Ronaldo and he chased him everywhere.
I have to say Cole did remarkably well and i laughed when he was telling Ronaldo "I WILL ALWAYS KEEP U IN MY POCKET"
The main battle was Vidic versus Drogba. Vidic gave Drogba hell all through the match and the gorilla had to resort to deliberate elbows and arm swinging.
I still dunno how Drogba escaped a red card in that match. He was even tugging on Rooney's shirt when the young lad out-paced him.
Sheva and Ballack were minuses on the pitch. Too old to cope with the pace of the game.
Essien was absent till he was sent to the right back. What a shame?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (0 - 1) - Live / AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 / Wigan Accept Chelsea's Bid For Victor-Moses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.