Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,671 members, 7,941,591 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 09:53 AM

Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) (8568 Views)

Alex Ferguson's Statue Unveiled At Old Trafford / Man Utd Vs Newcastle Utd On Monday 16th Aug. 2010 @ 7:00pm Live @ Old Trafford / Manchester United (4) Vs Bayern Munich (4) Live From Old Trafford, 7th April, 7:45pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by bolaoni(m): 11:34pm On Nov 27, 2006
@ I am takin d stage tmr mornin 9am. can u make it?
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by kitaun(m): 1:54am On Nov 28, 2006
Aint sure man, if i could make it then i would call you up, best of luck man
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by mcgboye(m): 7:54am On Nov 28, 2006
I think d advantage is wit chelsea. A squad wins d league not a team&dat is what man u do not hav.beside d 1st 11 man u hav no other option going forward,as noticed on sunday.
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by amodu(m): 8:18am On Nov 28, 2006
I still don't know how Drogba escaped a red card in that match. He was even tugging on Rooney's shirt when the young lad out-paced him.
Sheva and Ballack were minuses on the pitch. Too old to cope with the pace of the game.
Essien was absent till he was sent to the right back. What a shame?

A shame on United for not winning.
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by Jackal(m): 1:53pm On Nov 28, 2006
@ JACKMODU,

What did u say?
Please re-modify your post before i descend heavily on u.

Chelski should be ashamed of itself.
Drogba had no shots on goal, Shevchenko had 2 shots but he shot outside the arena.
Thats 54 million pounds waste on the most useless strike force in history.

Give Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger that Chelski team and they will WIN the league in November.
Have u heard Mourinho is about splashing another 22 million pounds on David Villa?
An eviction noticed has been sent to Shevchenko----what a waste of space?
A team comprising of Ballack, Shevchenko, Drogba, Terry, Geremi, Lampard and the likes should be killing teams off.
U came to OT and u played ZILCH for 45 mins.

Mourinho had to move Essien to the right back for his ineffectiveness.
Lampard and Ballack were outwitted by who? Scholes(grandpa) and Carrick(a turkey)
Gabriel Heinze and Vidic stood tall and reduced the threats of Didier Drogba(Chelsea's hitman) to a nonentity.
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by amodu(m): 2:34pm On Nov 28, 2006
That is OT, at the time Manyoo will visit us at Stamford bridge then you will see what football is made of, by then David Villa will be in the squad to make the damage.

Leave us alone and lets spend the money.

I hope you also heard that Manyoo is looking forward to sign Jermain Defoe may be something around 12 million pounds.
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by Christino(m): 9:16pm On Nov 28, 2006
Where do I start from?

@ Jackal & "whoever "

you said my views were myopic?

Okay you think it makes sense when a title contender loses five points to rivals? Chelsea stole a point leaving United with a 2 point deficit they probably wont make up when they visit the bridge. Arsenal made it worse when they left with all 3 points in front of the largest premiership crowd - What a DISGRACE!

are you telling me that 1 point from two home games is cool? Am I missing something, THE BEST TEAM in England losing points at home to two Top Rivals? Lyon,Shalke,PSV (all max 21 points @ home),Inter and Barca hold the number one spot in their respective leages, check their home record -no loss!

I'm not blaming Fergie for his away exploits, he hasn't done badly @ at all, infact, he's been excellent, but for Reading, but I wouldn't give him a pat on the back for drawing Chelsea after being raped by Arsenal!

Fergie should thank God it's not the last quarter of the season when the race is heated up, losing 5 points out of 6 home points is a failure. I don't know why fan(atics) fail to say the truth when it's most needed. Maybe if United lose the title by 1 point, then you'll see what I mean? Face it, a team that drops points at home is just not it! Real paid heavily when they lost 3-0 @ home 2 Barca.

You'll be justified if Man-U can pay them back in their coin (i thought I said that already, or were you guys too blind to see?).More wastages @ home and devils'll keep hoping they still had Beckham, the jinx! grin

Come back 2moro with more balls of fire and i'll be soo soo glad to turn them into ICE.

Who cares?
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by Jackal(m): 9:58pm On Nov 28, 2006
@ Christino,

I can understand where u are coming from but let me break u something proper---------------

The EPL has gone beyond calculating what United got against Arsenal and Chelsea as a real factor to determine who wins the title.
What keeps United on the top spot were the victories recorded in odd places like Bolton and Blackburn.
How many teams will go up North to Bolton and Blackburn and steal 6 points like United did.
These victories kinda cushioned the effect of the loss to Arsenal and the draw with Chelsea and keeps Man U on top.

We all saw what happened to Arsenal at the reebok stadium.
I am interested to see how Chelsea will cope tomorrow.
Arsenal is yet to lose at home and despite beating United at OT and beating Liverpool at home United still leads 'em with a whooping 13 points.
So how has your theory worked?
United has played 3 big teams, won 1 , drew 1 and lost 1.
Chelsea has played 2 big teams, won 1, drew 1. lets see how they cope with the gooners( Chelsea could lose it).

My point is there are no more easy teams in the Prem.
Who woulda thought Boro and Spurs will take 3 points each from Chelsea.
United can go to these places and get maximum points easily and that would cushion the effects of the results u were talking about.
Its a league and anything can happen.
United didnt win on sunday because of the thin personnel on the bench.
Hopefully, Ferguson will sign more quality players in January and beef up the squad.
Chelsea will chase and chase till they lose the steam.
Remember, they r not used to this catching up position.
It will be interesting to see if Mourinho can cope with the pressure.
GAME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by kitaun(m): 11:25pm On Nov 28, 2006
@Christino, no be fight naw? Who be 'whoever'? BTW where is your darling team Boro on the table and how has their home record been like? Truth be said Man U would not have believed they will pick a point from 2 home matches against rivals, but have they not been good on d road? u bet Jackal would have dissed out anyone who would have predicted such poor home results against Ars & Chel at the start of the season, best believe this; the high point of Arsenal's season has been d win at OT, what has happened to our home form, poor you will agree! whereas last season our away form was woeful, cant we just say its the unpredictability of the EPL we are witnessing? I keep loving the premiership more
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by Christino(m): 12:12am On Nov 29, 2006
OKay I get,

But since 2002/2003 when United won the league (they lost only one home game), no premiership winner has lost at home. I'm not predicting the winner yet, but i'm loving the turnout of events this season.

With the way things are going, the winner of the league may as well wait till the last day of the season.

I'm not hating on any team, it's just that the scenario looks similar, but misleading.

@ Kit.

I'm not comparing Boro with any top club, the most respected clubs presently are Man U Arsenal Chelsea and Liverpool, any other club can go 2 relegation Boro inclusive, only that i'll never support a club without a Nigerian Player, i've said that before. And don't forget, last season, Boro whooped the asses of Man U Chelsea and Arsenal, If Boro gets a draw at home against Chelsea, then Mourinho should cover his head in shame because Southgate will declare a party. Boro is a lowly team and it gives me joy when they surprise us, we are used to losing, no shaking. It's like Nigeria Vs Angola it's no news if Nigeria wins but it's headlines when Angola does. Home matches mean virtually nothing to relegation threatened clubs. Like Sunderland getting an away point off Man-U last season was something fans "just" had to stomach (the manager said that was his best result of the season - and frankly speaking i believe so).

Day's are gone when it was just Arsenal and Man-U, liverpool finished a point behind United last season and since Everton and Tottenham(last match slip to Arsenal) last season, every season has been witnessing a surprise club finishing in the top 5. Aston Villa/Bolton/Portsmouth look smart enough to do that this season and I'm hoping someday, Boro'll do that (that's if Yak is still around there, because if not, i'm dusting my sitting pads).

All in all, Man-U's away form and goal scoring charts has really impressed me and having played their major matches (Arsenal/liverpool/chelsea L/W/D) this half already, they can prepare for the tougher half next season, the away matches especially (that's if they carry their bullyish away form into next year).

I wonder if any club can still do the "English" Treble?
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by chidichris(m): 10:00am On Nov 29, 2006
Jackal,
you are so parocial in your views that one wonders what you are upto.
you are saying drodga did not put a shot, sheva put two useless shots and essien was drafted to the right back because of his ineffectiveness and the rest yet you are saying if feggie and arsenal wenger get chelsea team they will win the league. are you saying the chelsea team is not good or the coach is not good.
remember, the transfer window will reopen by january so u have enough time to advise fergie and wenger where to make cahnges.
who will give them the team, they have to make choices. if jose is not good, he has the cup for the two seasons so far.
are u not aware that your so called fergie and wenger are into modern day slavary. are you aware that Toure was bought at 500,000 pounds while eboue was bought at 1.5million.
i hope you knew too well that mikel was signed 4million in the controversial deal but fergie was only ready to release him on 16million pounds.
what makes him think mikel is valued at 4 million today for him to buy and tomorrow 16 million for him to sale. they are the two slave masters in english league.
the last match was a good result for chelsea and for jose, he was wonderfull in his chnages. if u look at that game, Geremi was withdrawn and roben was introduced, that is reducing defence and encouraging more attacks on man u which yielded result and u could see man u on the defending side in the second half and that is a good coach at work.
sampe for jose- 4 he too sabi
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by nuggard(m): 11:08am On Nov 29, 2006
@Christino

I guess whoever refers to me.
I did not say it before but indeed your views are myopic and contradictory.1 day ago you say that SAF's management is poor and next we hear our away form is excellent.Now why should you have a contradiction as part of your argument?

You views are myopic because you believe that winning arsenal and Chelsea would secure the premiership in November( Short sighted, synonym for myopia ) when there is still 24 games to play.We lost to Arsenal and drew with Chelsea, so what? The fact is we are ahead of them, There are no excuses for any of those results, afterall, football sometimes is like throwing dice. The difference is that we haven't had a bad game in terms of input for a while and we keep improving. Chelsea on the other hand appear to be stagnant, and Arsenal are throwing points away- and these are our Rivals!

maybe its a killjoy attitude we all suffer from, still I hope you don't get offended,because I have tried to argue with passion, sentiment and hopefully without malice.

PS: its parochial
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by bolaoni(m): 11:19am On Nov 29, 2006
mordern day slavery? plz tell us Toure & Eboue's historys b4 joinin Arsenal.
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by kitaun(m): 11:24am On Nov 29, 2006
Why you dey answer Chidichris naw? leave am make hin dey talk hin own
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by chidichris(m): 12:43pm On Nov 29, 2006
ok since history is important,tell me the history of chelsea three seasons back. tell me the history of sheva, ballack, drogba, mikel and lampard 20 years ago.
brothers sepnding is a habit. chelsea is spending because they feel like. man u is richer than all but they don't like spending.
who here is against africans enjoying the fruits of their labour.
let the clubs add more money to the players. they are working hard enough and deserve better pay at the end of the day. what reasons would clubs like arsenal and man u have for not bringing out money? chelsea na u biko
Re: Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) by amodu(m): 2:44pm On Nov 29, 2006
Oga patapata

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Berbatov Versus Ibrahimovic / Manchester City Vs Dynamo Kyiv : UCL (0 - 0) ON 15th March 2016 / Liverpool Vs Sheffield United (3 - 1) On 4th April 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.