Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,903 members, 7,872,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:40 AM

NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent (47263 Views)

Corpse Of UNIUYO Student Shot Dead During NANS Election Recovered (Graphic Pics) / NANS React To The Lecturer That Slapped Unilorin SU President / NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by lastpage: 7:02am On Dec 16, 2015
dtruth3:
gringringrin the country is a very funny place. I was wondering how someone who barely attended a secondary school, or even pass Economics in his forged certificate, could be given an Honorary Dr degree?

This is an insult to doctorate degree holders cool cool shocked no wonder BBC said the green and white color is boring!

People like you are STEWPID beyond belief!

There is a reason it is called "HONORARY" Degree...... because you dont have to earn it based on your academic pedigree!

Its a degree conferred on anyone, to just "HONOR" them.

It has NOTHING to do with Academic Doctoral degree.

STOP HATING and use your brain!

Its so unfortunate that people from a particular part of this country (SOUTH EAST) have been eaten so deep with Hatred and Bitterness that they cant even make use of their flat Brain anymore?

Whatdaphuck? They must make an issue out of anything, no matter how silly!
angry angry angry

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by 9jatatafo(m): 7:03am On Dec 16, 2015
Season of fake certificate. Toronto in the making.
Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by dabossman(m): 7:07am On Dec 16, 2015
Omotolu:
It's honorary,stupid. Honorary degrees have no value on recipients. Get a life,NANS!

First sensible post. NANS lost direction in 1999 with the advent of politicians. I will start taking them serious when I read headlines like:

NANS questions Buhari over percentage of budget allocated to education.

Stop harassing female students for sex for grades. - NANS

1 Like

Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by linusbnn(m): 7:13am On Dec 16, 2015
koxi:
I guess PDP paid them to talk........

Weda dey pay dem or not is not the issue,rather what they are saying,is it the truth?
Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by jidebaba69(m): 7:14am On Dec 16, 2015
AMBIVERT:

Source: http://thewhistler.ng/story/nans-doctorate-degree-on-buhari-fraudulent

Yeye dey smell! NANS I hope you know that Patience Jonathan has a doctorate degree as well so why are you beefing.
It just goes to show that you are bunch of idiots with nothing else to do but cause commotion. I suggest you face your studies and try to make a better life for yourselves.
Instead of heating up the polity for no just cause.

1 Like

Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by gary400(m): 7:15am On Dec 16, 2015
if it's true that the said university cannot award honorary degree, 1. it shows dat baba no go sch at all...2. our minister on info "lie '' is dumb, 3. education minister is dumb......everything works in diz country of ours....Naija tiwa....
Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by gary400(m): 7:18am On Dec 16, 2015
linusbnn:

Weda dey pay dem or not is not the issue,rather what they are saying,is it the truth?
May god bless ur generation....i can see that we still have ppl wid good sense of thinking in nigeria....not just those that always want to support their friends comment instead of calling a spade a spade....wasere bobo...

1 Like

Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by babafirst(m): 7:18am On Dec 16, 2015
Olemi700:
I spit on Nigeria! Why Fredrick Lugard nd his prostitude flora shaw put me in this mess called country? Baba God I dey ur hand grin grin grin

Buhari who don't know the full meaning of his party, name of his vise talk less the meaning of INEC,..Nigeria is shame grin grin
You say the man no sabi grammar ,yes but this same General as GOC 3 Div led an incursion into Chad to protect Nigeria's territorial integrity .Is that one alone not deserving of a honorary degree?Afterall a Canadian University awarded a Captain a doctorate degree for actions in Afghanistan and many military men today are honored in such manner around the world.Dan Maraya Jos a musician received a honourary doctorate degree in law from Jos .All of them no sabi grammar nau,according to you.
Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 16, 2015
gary400:
isiandigima....u get SSCE so..?
...I am grateful I did not complete a primary school education,yet I reason wonderfully among doctoral...
Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by Yehman(m): 7:27am On Dec 16, 2015
Omotolu:
It's honorary,stupid. Honorary degrees have no value on recipients. Get a life,NANS!
Honorary for what?
Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by Blaqchild4eva(m): 7:27am On Dec 16, 2015
So NANS were in exile when Oduduwa University gave Okonjo-Iweala an honourary degree or she was not holding a political office then?

Lets see the award they will confer on Dasuki after his trial since Buruji can get the award for their "MAN OF THE YEAR"
Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 16, 2015
UncleDeeee:

Receive Sense!
..."receive sense"....
Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by donj84: 7:28am On Dec 16, 2015
AMBIVERT:

Source: http://thewhistler.ng/story/nans-doctorate-degree-on-buhari-fraudulent

Nice one there..even if una nor the try at times, but una d do something..thanks for that eye opener so when me sef become big tomoro, before they wan honour me, make I first know if they are accredited to do that
Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by unclet1985: 7:30am On Dec 16, 2015
Lol..... This is what I call Doctorate Disgrace.
They gave Dr degree to a man who we never knew if he pass primary school or then standard 5, rubbish people. The man even accept it becuase of his low thinking faculty.
Shame unto them not unto my Country.
Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by Nellybii: 7:31am On Dec 16, 2015
nortcentrallord:

You are so quick to insult because empty barrel makes the loudest noise. What happened to Objectivity in this discussion. I guess you are the minute 0.1% in the 95%. A slave of the master still. Am proudly 95% too but I don't accept stupidity so go do the slave job that you are trained to do.

So in Your own myopic and warped point of view, objectivity has now become synonymous with slavery.? How many political office holders have been awarded honorary degrees in this country before now? What has academic qualifications got to do with honorary degrees.? Haba? Fayose has a honorary Doctorate degree from UNAD and so many others that I can't even begin to mention. Instead of you being objective, you have decided to throw your sense of reasoning to the winds.I insisit you are daft and hatred for PMB will only destroy you. And please stop quoting me because I have more important things than replying you to do, like feeding my dog.
Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by socialworker11: 7:34am On Dec 16, 2015
ODUBEZE:

Guy, you are very funny! I thought U would put up an argument why PMB deserve the honorary award.
Didn't you read their reasons?
The university is not even certified to do that!
Oh Lord have mercy!
NANS should give a logical reason why Buruji Kashamu was awarded Man of the year
Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by emmykk(m): 7:36am On Dec 16, 2015
dunkem21:

Yes, so why NANS not calling on her to reliquinsh her doctorate degree ..

Why is NANS not calling Osinbajo and Fashola ..

Some things can't be simply swept under the carpet ..
so you want to use fashola and osinbajo to compare the gworo Dr. Of Kaduna
Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by queebeediva(f): 7:38am On Dec 16, 2015
We certainly do have a longer way to go in this country.
Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by udy01(m): 7:39am On Dec 16, 2015
nans should go and die, what does his PhD award has to do with unemployment, embezzlement of public funds? can't they fight against something better?
Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by socialworker11: 7:39am On Dec 16, 2015
Laid2001:
NANS of this days are a bunch of stupid illiterates! That we have NANS executive spewing such rubbish.

1. Honorary is not academic and hence can be granted to anybody by any university. Even Havards have granted honorary doctorate to semi illiterates in the past!. People like olanihun Ajadi was conferred with Doctor of Business Honoraris by a spanish University for helping them to clear their junk yards of used engines. In fact there have been award of honorary doctor of letters for people who never passed through the four walls of a secondary school, talk less of a university.

2. Any one with an honorary doctor conferred on him, is not addressed as Doctor sos and so. Only PhD holders gets that honor. Even abacha got honorary doctor from many university!. Madam patience also got some and no one dare address her as Doctor Pesh.

3. Bubu attended the prestigious American War College and passed out with flying color. This same certificate of Bubu at the War College is now a Masters program by the college.

NANS SHOULD CALM DOWN, BUBU IS NOT ABOUT TO INCLUDE DOCTOR IN HIS APPENDAGES. HE IS NOT TITLE CRAZY LIKE YOU SMALL BOYS. HE IS ALREADY HAPPY WITH PMB. PRESIDENT MUHAMMAD BUHARI! WHAT OTHER TITLE BEATS THAT!
Ur head correct...Ur argument is very logical. Gbaski
Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 16, 2015
dtruth3:
gringringrin the country is a very funny place. I was wondering how someone who barely attended a secondary school, or even pass Economics in his forged certificate, could be given an Honorary Dr degree?

This is an insult to doctorate degree holders cool cool shocked no wonder BBC said the green and white color is boring!
The NANS made some important point with fact but you above me pls tell me the relationship BTW economics and doctorate degree.
And mind you honorary doctorate degree is nothing other than bequeathed title as it can never be compare with academic PhD.[url]
dtruth3:

The NANS made some important point with fact but you above me pls tell me the relationship BTW economics and doctorate degree.
And mind you honorary doctorate degree is nothing other than bequeathed title as it can never be compare with academic PhD.[/url]
dtruth3:

And mind you honorary doctorate degree is nothing other than bequeathed title as it can never be compare with academic PhD.
Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by koxi: 7:40am On Dec 16, 2015
gary400:
nigerian students is not affiliated to any political party....

Not true my friend. Look closely.......you'll be amazed wat u find
Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by babafirst(m): 7:41am On Dec 16, 2015
Chuksprince:
pipo are dull shall... Pipo like you is the reason the youth of today are not recognise cos you lack common sense.. I believe you didn't go to school @ all, if you do, you won't come out here and say rubbish after going through school for 4 or 5 years.. Buhari that didn't even went to secondary school is collecting honorary dr. Degree and you are happy about it skewing nonsense.. I pity your low life and mentality
My guy,apart from your ignorance in thinking honorary doctorates are conferred on only those who went to school ,your grammar here questions whatever academic qualification you have.I am not referring to the abbreviations/slangs you used which are allowed in the social media but your construction of English.For instance instead of typing 'Buhari that didn't even WENT to school' you should have used 'Buhari that didn't even GO to school' or 'Buhari that didn't even attend school'.So your comment is pointless with grammatical errors .You remind me of the interpreter in the comedy series ICHEOKU.
Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by yunnyp(m): 7:45am On Dec 16, 2015
dunkem21:

Yes, so why NANS not calling on her to reliquinsh her doctorate degree ..
Why is NANS not calling Osinbajo and Fashola ..

Some things can't be simply swept under the carpet ..
they said the "institution" does not award doctorate degree
Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by gary400(m): 7:48am On Dec 16, 2015
Omotolu:
...I am grateful I did not complete a primary school education,yet I reason wonderfully among doctoral...
ok my doctoral nigga....i can c d reason u made ur comment.....thumbs up nigga.
Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by Godsonkemz(m): 7:55am On Dec 16, 2015
Gbam..! You hit the hammer at the nail.
Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by Ahmeduana(m): 7:56am On Dec 16, 2015
UmuEri:
gringringringrin BuBu a doctor? I can't believe this. When did this happen?
YOU'VE FORGOTTEN THAT THERE IS NOW DOCTORATE DEGREE FOR JUNKETERING, BODY ODOUR AND DULLAREDNESS!

1 Like

Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by dragsazy(m): 8:01am On Dec 16, 2015
People lickin Buhari yansh lyk say na lolipop. Lobbish
Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 16, 2015
0ldirtybastard:

Mehn, you're really ugly for a person in scotland.

Good evening, dear.

grin

Aren't you the dumbest person on Nairaland?
Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by HaneefahRN(f): 8:01am On Dec 16, 2015
bishop4life:

Shame? You could have taken time to read their reasons before dropping your shameful comment... Kai
Blah, blah, blah. I'av seen u. Like I wld be quick to support an association tht has been known to be compromised. Is Buhari the first political figure to receive an honorary degree?
And news flash he wasn't the only one given the award tht day. Gov. El Rufai and Dangote were recipients, so they shld also be called to relinquish there hold on the award.
The fault is on the Uni not him if all the assertions are true, why give an award u ain't qualified to?
I'm not a Bubu supporter but I wnt support a biased noise making association either
Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by lukas280(m): 8:02am On Dec 16, 2015
some educated illerate openly gave an award to some dat is not ready to do any tin in d educational sector....hoping to get favour from him.....NAN I SA GROUP OF STUDENTS STILL LEARNING ABI.....?? BUT HOW COME NAN ARE MORE LEARNED THAN THOSE WHO HAVE D RULES AND REGULATION TO AWARD A PHD.... ABEG MAKE UNA CLICK LIKE FOR NAN ....THEY THE SCH MAGT SHOULD MEET NAN FOR FURTHER ENLIGHTMENT BEFORE DEM GO GIVE EL.RUFAI OR SHAKAU 'PHD'
Re: NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent by HaneefahRN(f): 8:05am On Dec 16, 2015
daretodiffer:

grin
Aren't you the dumbest person on Nairaland?
My sister u don't need to mind him. His moniker has perfectly described him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There / “I Am In The Bus” Or “I Am On The Bus”: Which Is Correct? / Fresh University Graduate Awaiting NYSC Dies In Her Sleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.