Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,138 members, 7,946,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 07:34 AM

I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" (15659 Views)

5 Benefits Of Attending Church / I Think Christians In The Core North Should Stop Attending Church For Now. / The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:44pm On Jun 15, 2009
wow. so much for Igbo brother-sista love. Na so you talk to a fellow sista, fayaretard?
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by sosisi(f): 1:24am On Jun 16, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

wow. so much for Igbo brother-sista love. Na so you talk to a fellow sista, fayaretard?

don't mind him
the lice and ticks on his stinking dada are bothering him and he's looking for who to take it out on.
The brother plaits his arm pit hairs
remember
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by fayahsoul: 3:37am On Jun 16, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Chicken heads of the same feather flock together. . . grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by Nobody: 3:38am On Jun 16, 2009
rotflmao @ fayaretard grin grin
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:44am On Jun 16, 2009
Looks like Jo Mama
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by kuru: 9:43am On Jun 16, 2009
Some times i read the bible and i wonder if I am reading something inspired by God or just stories written by mere men.
Check this out;

In genesis God told adam that if he ate the fruit he will surely die.ADAM ATE THE FRUIT BUT LIVED OVER NINE HUNDRED YEARS.
Jesus told peter that you will deny me three times before the cock crows. BUT IT IS REPORTED IN THE BIBLE THAT THE COCK CREW AFTER PETER DENIED JESUS TWICE.
Also jesus told the criminal on the cross that today you will be with me in paradise BUT WE ALL KNOW THAT JESUS WAS IN THE GRAVE FOR THREE DAYS BEFORE RESURECTION SO WHERE WAS THE CRIMINAL ALL THIS WHILE

PLS I NEED REACTIONS
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by petres007(m): 10:36am On Jun 16, 2009
seyenko:

The "churches" are like Microsoft nowadays - they preach user friendly sermons, they say what the people want to hear and not what they should hear. They engage in direct and indirect marketing of people via feedbacks they get from the payback of their 'film' recordings. They understand at what point in the videos the people are subjected to mass hysteria and irrational euphoria. You hardly go to church nowadays without wondering if you are in a MBA class - all you hear is money, money , money, seed offering, covenant offering, faith offering, kingdom seed offering, tithe offering etc
 grin grin grin

I do hope you understand that all of these things going today are completely unbiblical!  wink
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by osazu: 10:50am On Jun 16, 2009
Some times i read the bible and i wonder if I am reading something inspired by God or just stories written by mere men.
Check this out;

In genesis God told adam that if he ate the fruit he will surely die.ADAM ATE THE FRUIT BUT LIVED OVER NINE HUNDRED YEARS.
Jesus told peter that you will deny me three times before the cock crows. BUT IT IS REPORTED IN THE BIBLE THAT THE COCK CREW AFTER PETER DENIED JESUS TWICE.
Also jesus told the criminal on the cross that today you will be with me in paradise BUT WE ALL KNOW THAT JESUS WAS IN THE GRAVE FOR THREE DAYS BEFORE RESURECTION  SO WHERE WAS THE CRIMINAL ALL THIS WHILE

Kuru from ur post,it clear that u not actually experience CHRIST.Relationship with God is not of head knowledge but of the heart.when the true experience comes into to ur heart, then u have more than conviction that the word God is absolutely true

I enjoined u to sincerely crave to know him ,I mean true desire springing forth from the heart will turn God minifestation to u.I m speaking from experience,God manifested himself to me in a very mighty way when my question could not b answered by any one ,I turn to God with the whole my heart and He spoke to me in very distinct way ;my traveil was solve and since them I hear His voice clearly on issues of life.

My bro there is no greater thing to invest our lives but to ensure our salvation 4 enternity is sure ,the world of the now is passing away,this is not  just religon stuff ,it is more real than u being alife.
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by petres007(m): 12:18pm On Jun 16, 2009
emiemi:

Glad to hear this Kunle. But I will honestly tell you this, most young church usually start off right but
get distracted along the way or follow the saying ''if u can't beat them, join them''. I have been to
many churches too and have seen this phenomenom a lot of the times. Enjoy the time while it lasts sha.
Remember to stay focused on your desire and whom u seek.

@emiemi,

Thanks for your concern.

I honestly don't know how true it is - what you said about young churches later "joining them" cos they couldn't "beat them". But my "church" was once a part of the craze but as God would have it, started studying the scriptures and had the courage to walk away from the errors. I'd also like to point out here that we're not trying to "beat them". The bible clearly foretells that in the end times most people will would rather not listen to the truth. We know there's really no point trying to reverse the way things are, so we're not trying to, so the issue of "beating them" is out of it. Its primarily a pointer that Jesus' return will happen sooner than we think. More on this later.

About "joining them", the one thing in my opinion, that can cause that is if we throw away what we've learnt from the scriptures about [b]contentment [/b]and go after worldy lusts. The bible clearly teaches that christians are to be content with their basic needs met. And if you check well, God has been faithful to provide these, even for christians who today regard themselves as poor, and outside the will of God for their lives - being rich.

Our ministers lie to people that God wants them to be rich, that poverty is a sin etc. But you won't find Jesus or any of the apostles to have even remotely suggested that kind of thing in the scriptures. I remember discussing these issues with someone I met 2 years ago, a minister from (I'm not sure now, but I think it was winners), during a night call (mtn).

When I asked to him read from 1 Tim 6 where Paul talked about Godliness with contentment (and how we're to flee the very things that our pastors teach today), he started crying over the phone. embarassed And then he made a statement I'll never forget, that I think goes t show how deluded people in such churches are. He said he'd NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE! shocked The he'd never seen 1st Timothy 6:3-21 (which in the course of our discussion, I asked him to read aloud from). And he kept repeating while crying/lamenting that he'd never seen it before.

I know that if there's anything our ministers of today are experts at, its twisting the scriptures and lifting verses out of context to preach crappy unbiblical doctrines. But this passage is one of those that, in my opinion, can not be very easily twisted.

So, We just try our best to hold on to the gospel as taught by Jesus himself and the apostles, part of which is wlaking in his love, righteousness, holiness and contentment, and hope that with God's help, will continue in it till Jesus returns.

Maranatha!!!
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by ogajim(m): 4:07pm On Jun 16, 2009
As I have said in other posts, those who oppose the idea that Christians should seek further knowledge in the Scriptures to OUT those Gospel pimps have somethings to hide.
Too much lies are being sold out there and folks need to wake up and smell the coffee, there is a distinct possibility that Christian worship will become an "underground" activity soon in these end times that we live in so why not start now if you can? It is getting clearer and clearer who many of those so called "men of God" actually serve - money/ego/kudi/owo despite the warnings that money is the ROOT cause of every evil.
Reminds me of high school poetry :

He that is down, need fear no fall;
He that is low, no pride;
He that is humble ever shall have God to be his guide

I am content with what I have,
And, Lord, contentment still I crave,
Because thou savest such,,

Don't recite this to the pimps in suits and frocks who want you to believe it is a sin not to be rich hence folks part with even the little they have to "sow a seed", our brothers and sisters back home need to remember the Elementary school "reader" story, "one day a man caught a dove, when the dove was in his hand, the dove said please don't kill me I will tell you three things to make you rich, "
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by KunleOshob(m): 4:11pm On Jun 16, 2009
osazu:

Check this out;

Also jesus told the criminal on the cross that today you will be with me in paradise BUT WE ALL KNOW THAT JESUS WAS IN THE GRAVE FOR THREE DAYS BEFORE RESURECTION  SO WHERE WAS THE CRIMINAL ALL THIS WHILE

Kuru from ur post,it clear that u not actually experience CHRIST.Relationship with God is not of head knowledge but of the heart.when the true experience comes into to ur heart, then u have more than conviction that the word God is absolutely true

I enjoined u to sincerely crave to know him ,I mean true desire springing forth from the heart will turn God minifestation to u.I m speaking from experience,God manifested himself to me in a very mighty way when my question could not b answered by any one ,I turn to God with the whole my heart and He spoke to me in very distinct way ;my traveil was solve and since them I hear His voice clearly on issues of life.

My bro there is no greater thing to invest our lives but to ensure our salvation 4 enternity is sure ,the world of the now is passing away,this is not  just religon stuff ,it is more real than u being alife.
Osazu it is clear from your posts that you cannot distinguish the diffrence between the bible and the true gospel of our lord Jesus christ. Kuru asked very logical and reasonable questions and if you did not have answers to his question you should have just kept quiet instead of questioning his faith.

@Kuru
Whilst i do not want to confuse or discourage you, the truth is that the bible is not 100% accurate as the "church" would like you to believe. Even though it largely contains the word of God, it was written with human hands and human imperfection. Also during various translations over the last 2,000 years errors and ommissions have found their way into it. In all the best way to appreciate the bible is to focus on the principles and teachings of christ[which is very different from old testament bible] and what he stood for and i believe the holy spirit would reveal the rest to you.
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by osazu: 4:32pm On Jun 16, 2009
Osazu it is clear from your posts that you cannot distinguish the diffrence between the bible and the true gospel of our lord Jesus christ. Kuru asked very logical and reasonable questions and if you did not have answers to his question you should have just kept quiet instead of questioning his faith.

@Kuru
Whilst i do not want to confuse or discourage you, the truth is that the bible is not 100% accurate as the "church" would like you to believe. Even though it largely contains the word of God, it was written with human hands and human imperfection. Also during various translations over the last 2,000 years errors and ommissions have found their way into it. In all the best way to appreciate the bible is to focus on the principles and teachings of christ[which is very different from old testament bible] and what he stood for and i believe the holy spirit would reveal the rest to you

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

In view of the above scripture ur opinion is totally in error.both the old and new new testament are refer as scriptures.In short Jesus quoted old testasment several times and validated it.It is said that the NT is built on prophecied of the OT.

The Truth is the BiBLE is the FLAWLESS WORD OF GOD.God bless u.
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by petres007(m): 4:55pm On Jun 16, 2009
osazu:

[ 2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

In view of the above scripture ur opinion is totally in error.both the old and new new testament are refer as scriptures.In short Jesus quoted old testasment several times and validated it.It is said that the NT is built on prophecied of the OT.

Osazu,

I think what Kunle was trying to point out is that the bible in its essence, its message, principles, doctrines is correct and inspired of God - infallible. But because for example, it had to be copied/translated by human hands, does contain minor errors/omissions/contradictions.
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by KunleOshob(m): 5:02pm On Jun 16, 2009
osazu:

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

If you know anything about bible history, you would realize that the bible was not compiled until at least 250 years after Paul wrote that letter to timothy and what was considered as scripture by the early christians is not a 100% match as to what was passed to us as scripture as a number of books were omitted and added by the roman catholic church that compiled it. That is apart from the conflicts in over 100 translations to the english language alone which are very glaring. That apart God or Jesus NEVER proclaimedthe bible to be their flawless word so i would suggest you stop blaspheming and twisting the word of God.

Apart from the above i present to you scriptural evidence from the bible itself that so called men of God have been twisting the scriptures long before the bible was even compiled as a collection of books.

Jeremiah 8:8-10:

8 “‘How can you say, “We are wise because we have the word of the Lord,”      when your preachers have twisted it by writing lies?    9 These wise teachers will fall
     into the trap of their own foolishness,
  for they have rejected the word of the Lord.
     Are they so wise after all?
  10 I will give their wives to others
     and their farms to strangers.
  From the least to the greatest,
     their lives are ruled by greed.
  Yes, even my prophets and priests are like that.
     They are all frauds
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by KunleOshob(m): 5:04pm On Jun 16, 2009
petres_007:

Osazu,

I think what Kunle was trying to point out is that the bible in its essence, its message, principles, doctrines is correct and inspired of God - infallible. But because for example, it had to be copied/translated by human hands, does contain minor errors/omissions/contradictions.
Thanx bro wink
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by emiemi(f): 5:05pm On Jun 16, 2009
@petre
Thanks. I'm glad you confirmed that your church was on its way tru d wide path but by God's intervention, a U-turn was made. Truth is we are imperfect- humans I mean but that is no excuse for sin. We ought to seek after perfection each and every day. And like you rightly mentioned, CONTENTMENT is da key. NOt wanting to grow a 50000 capacity church like Pastor so and so but being content with the normal addition to the church while edifying and preaching true doctrines. Not wanting to fly a jet like pastor so and so but being content with whateva mode of transportation you have at the moment and hoping for better like everyone else.

Fame and money are one of life's desires that drag people from the right path to the wide path. Like someone posted, church has become an MBA class sort of with several collections: development, thithe (so your life won't b tight, Jeez), sunday love offering, saturday faith offering, friday , offering etc. People are out to make money either by selling their souls to d devil tru preaching false doctirnes or manufacturing fake drugs, or using fake interswitch website to lure unsuspecting victims to reveal their pins etc. Contentment is da word. True religion is love-based and teaches true principles.
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by emiemi(f): 5:16pm On Jun 16, 2009
petres_007:

Osazu,

True and that's what it is! If we keep looking for error, we sure will find it (as people like us did da job)
but what is inherently being passed across? That's what we ought to feed on. Like an old man once
replied when asked by an atheist about the errors in da bible '' I'll eat the fish and leave the bone''.
If u attempt to discuss it or defend it, it'll only amount to useless arguments.
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by fayahsoul: 8:09pm On Jun 16, 2009
FL Gators:

rotflmao @ fayaretard grin grin

Where this piss-bag come from? Others go talk this little worm go put mouth.

Is this a chicken head confraternity or what?  grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by petres007(m): 8:10pm On Jun 16, 2009
emiemi:

@petre
Thanks. I'm glad you confirmed that your church was on its way tru d wide path but by God's intervention, a U-turn was made. Truth is we are imperfect- humans I mean but that is no excuse for sin. We ought to seek after perfection each and every day. And like you rightly mentioned, CONTENTMENT is da key. NOt wanting to grow a 50000 capacity church like Pastor so and so but being content with the normal addition to the church while edifying and preaching true doctrines. Not wanting to fly a jet like pastor so and so but being content with whateva mode of transportation you have at the moment and hoping for better like everyone else.

Fame and money are one of life's desires that drag people from the right path to the wide path. Like someone posted, church has become an MBA class sort of with several collections: development, thithe (so your life won't b tight, Jeez), sunday love offering, saturday faith offering, friday , offering etc. People are out to make money either by selling their souls to d devil tru preaching false doctirnes or manufacturing fake drugs, or using fake interswitch website to lure unsuspecting victims to reveal their pins etc. Contentment is da word. True religion is love-based and teaches true principles.

Sadly, you're right. Contentment is one of the Bible's most important lessons which the church obviously lost a long time ago. Today, we have a church thats probably more worldly than the world!

I just remembered something a sister once shared with us in church. She said at her place of work, one of our strongest banks in Nigeria, one of her colleagues had just been promoted, an given a brand new official car. One day he gave her a ride home after work and while they were in the car, she congratulated him. His response was, "Yes, we thank God, but we'll always ask for more"!

And its partially not his fault. Its what they're conditioned to be like in church. Yet the bible teaches us to be content and desperate for nothing. It is well o.
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by petres007(m): 8:25pm On Jun 16, 2009
emiemi:

'' I'll eat the fish and leave the bone''.

Really like this! cheesy
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by fyneguy: 8:57pm On Jun 16, 2009
@ Petres

Contentment does not mean one should allow poverty to govern his life! I have Christ and I am content with that! (The Lord maketh rich and addeth no sorrow)

When Jesus said it would be easier for the camel to pass through the eye of the needle than for the rich to enter the kingdom of God, He added a clause that but with God, It's possible.

If your source is God, you have no problem.

Christ in you, the hope of Glory. I dont know of the glory poverty breeds.
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by fayahsoul: 11:50pm On Jun 16, 2009
kuru:

Check this out;

Also jesus told the criminal on the cross that today you will be with me in paradise BUT WE ALL KNOW THAT JESUS WAS IN THE GRAVE FOR THREE DAYS BEFORE RESURECTION SO WHERE WAS THE CRIMINAL ALL THIS WHILE

PLS I NEED REACTIONS

Don't mind these deluded hypocritical christians. Their bible is full of contradictions but they either can't see it or are just scared like little girls to challenge such irrationality. They get all logical and analytical when it comes to the ways of their ancestors of which some of them call animist. They are scared sh*tless of hell fire.

Actually none of you idiots are christians because your jesus did not write any of his philosophies down. You white washed negros are actually following paulism because it was that greek homosexual(paul) who wrote the Ghost-spell, abi na gospel. The ghost-spell was written over 100yrs after your jesus supposed resurrection.

"For if through my falsehood God's truthfulness glorifies him even more, why am I still being condemned as a sinner?" romans 3-7. In this verse, the gay(paul) is telling you imbeciles bluntly that his gospel contains falsehoods.

"on that day when God, through Jesus the Messiah, will judge people's secrets according to my gospel." romans 2-16.

"Now to the one who is able to strengthen you with my gospel and the message that I preach about Jesus, the Messiah, by revealing the secret that was kept hidden from long ago" romans 16-25.

In the last two verses above he is telling you that the gospel is his contrivance not jesus own. mugu!

Either deal with my message or stay bitching about the harsh delivery.

Heathens!
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by Lady2(f): 3:01am On Jun 17, 2009
@ KunleOshob

I will leave you with this.

The Church that Christ founded never disappeared and could never disappear and could never move from the revelations of Christ as Christ promised the Church that the gates of hell shall never prevail against it and that the Holy Spirit will guide it to all truth.
To insinuate that Christ's church doesn't exist is to call Christ a liar and to show your distrust for Christ to lead His Church and protect His Church through anything and preserve His Church from teaching error. His Church is His bride. His Church is of One belief as he prayed his church to be, His Church is universal (all over the world) as he commanded them to preach to the world, his Church is Holy as it is the Body of Christ and Christ is Holy, His Church is Apostolic as evidenced in the Bible that the apostles laid hands on men to carry on the work of the Church. His Church is that which you least expect it to be, just as Christ is who the Jews least expect him to be.

Ask God to show you His Church and he will.

Take care God bless, I pray you find the truth you're searching for.
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by fayahsoul: 3:23am On Jun 17, 2009
Do you know that the word cretin was derived from christian?

"[French crétin, from French dialectal, deformed and mentally retarded person found in certain Alpine valleys, from Vulgar Latin *christiānus, Christian, human being, poor fellow, from Latin Chrīstiānus, Christian; see Christian.]"

You can look it up yourself .

So the stupidity of you christians is nothing new.       

Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by MRD1(m): 4:23am On Jun 17, 2009
Can someone watch these (Youtube:Banned from the Bible 1-12)and help with explanations.10x

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=history+banned+books+of+the+bible&aq=f
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by Truthonly(m): 10:31am On Jun 17, 2009
KURU

Check this out;

Also jesus told the criminal on the cross that today you will be with me in paradise BUT WE ALL KNOW THAT JESUS WAS IN THE GRAVE FOR THREE DAYS BEFORE RESURECTION  SO WHERE WAS THE CRIMINAL ALL THIS WHILE

PLS I NEED REACTIONS

My dear Kuru, please listen carefully. The bible is inspired of God and written of men indeed, and very accurate from God, but off course man is limited to an extent. I'll answer your questions as you asked, but you will need to do diligent studies to appreciate and apprehend this new life in Christ Jesus. And trust me, without receiving the Holy Ghost into you, there will be struggles for understanding, because He is the author and He can be the only true teacher through anointed men of God.

Q:In genesis God told adam that if he ate the fruit he will surely die.ADAM ATE THE FRUIT BUT LIVED OVER NINE HUNDRED YEAR

A: In Genesis 2:17, "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die" This is exactly what God said.

In II Peter 3:8, "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day"

Adam lived for 930years and died. Not up to 1000years=1Day with God

Q:Jesus told peter that you will deny me three times before the cock crows. BUT IT IS REPORTED IN THE BIBLE THAT THE COCK CREW AFTER PETER DENIED JESUS TWICE.

A: You do not have an accurate account of the event Kuru. There were 3 different accounts of this event given in the bible.

(I)
Matthew 26:34: "Jesus said unto him, verily I say unto thee, that this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me trice.

Matthew 26:69: "Now Peter sat without in the palace: and a damsel came unto him, saying, Thou also wast with Jesus of Galilee.
70: But he denied before them all, saying, I know not what thou sayest.
71: And when he was gone out into the porch, another maid saw him, and said unto them that were there, This fellow was also with Jesus of Nazareth.
72: And again he denied with an oath, I do not know the man.
73: And after a while came unto him they that stood by, and said to Peter, Surely thou also art one of them; for thy speech bewrayeth thee.
74: Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the cock crew.
75: And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly."   

(II)
Mark 14:30: "And Jesus saith unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this day, even in this night, before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice."

Mark 14: 66: "And as Peter was beneath in the palace, there cometh one of the maids of the high priest:
67: And when she saw Peter warming himself, she looked upon him, and said, And thou also wast with Jesus of Nazareth.
68: But he denied, saying, I know not, neither understand I what thou sayest. And he went out into the porch; and the cock crew.
69: And a maid saw him again, and began to say to them that stood by, This is one of them.
70: And he denied it again. And a little after, they that stood by said again to Peter, Surely thou art one of them: for thou art a Galilaean, and thy speech agreeth thereto.
71: But he began to curse and to swear, saying, I know not this man of whom ye speak.
72: And the second time the cock crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept.

(III)
Luke 22:34: "And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me."

Luke 22: 55: "And when they had kindled a fire in the midst of the hall, and were set down together, Peter sat down among them.
56: But a certain maid beheld him as he sat by the fire, and earnestly looked upon him, and said, This man was also with him.
57: And he denied him, saying, Woman, I know him not.
58: And after a little while another saw him, and said, Thou art also of them. And Peter said, Man, I am not.
59: And about the space of one hour after another confidently affirmed, saying, Of a truth this fellow also was with him: for he is a Galilaean.
60: And Peter said, Man, I know not what thou sayest. And immediately, while he yet spake, the cock crew.
61: And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice."

Q: Also jesus told the criminal on the cross that today you will be with me in paradise BUT WE ALL KNOW THAT JESUS WAS IN THE GRAVE FOR THREE DAYS BEFORE RESURECTION  SO WHERE WAS THE CRIMINAL ALL THIS WHILE

A: This was a simple common error in the bible translations which I will show you. I am glad you know Jesus did go to Hell immediately he died(to go and defeat the devil on our behalf) and off course resurrected the third day back to earth. With this in mind, lets look at the account in the bible;

Luke 23:43: And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Now see the same verse as I have corrected below;

Luke 23:43: And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee Today, shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Jesus did not mean to tell him that they would be together today. He said "I say unto you today, Thou shall be with me in paradise"

The new testament was originally written in the old Greek language and was translated into English language by language scholars (many who didn't have the Holy Spirit in them) and being not spiritually enlightened, they misplaced the punctuation mark.
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by Truthonly(m): 10:52am On Jun 17, 2009
My dear Kuru, please listen carefully. The bible is inspired of God and written of men indeed, and very accurate from God, but off course man is limited to an extent. I'll answer your questions as you asked, but you will need to do diligent studies to appreciate and apprehend this new life in Christ Jesus. And trust me, without receiving the Holy Ghost into you, there will be struggles for understanding, because He is the author and He can be the only true teacher through anointed men of God.

Q:In genesis God told adam that if he ate the fruit he will surely die.ADAM ATE THE FRUIT BUT LIVED OVER NINE HUNDRED YEAR

A: In Genesis 2:17, "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die" This is exactly what God said.

In II Peter 3:8, "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day"

Adam lived for 930years and died. Not up to 1000years=1Day with God

Q:Jesus told peter that you will deny me three times before the cock crows. BUT IT IS REPORTED IN THE BIBLE THAT THE COCK CREW AFTER PETER DENIED JESUS TWICE.

A: You do not have an accurate account of the event Kuru. There were 3 different accounts of this event given in the bible.

(I)
Matthew 26:34: "Jesus said unto him, verily I say unto thee, that this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me trice.

Matthew 26:69: "Now Peter sat without in the palace: and a damsel came unto him, saying, Thou also wast with Jesus of Galilee.
70: But he denied before them all, saying, I know not what thou sayest.
71: And when he was gone out into the porch, another maid saw him, and said unto them that were there, This fellow was also with Jesus of Nazareth.
72: And again he denied with an oath, I do not know the man.
73: And after a while came unto him they that stood by, and said to Peter, Surely thou also art one of them; for thy speech bewrayeth thee.
74: Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the cock crew.
75: And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly."

(II)
Mark 14:30: "And Jesus saith unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this day, even in this night, before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice."

Mark 14: 66: "And as Peter was beneath in the palace, there cometh one of the maids of the high priest:
67: And when she saw Peter warming himself, she looked upon him, and said, And thou also wast with Jesus of Nazareth.
68: But he denied, saying, I know not, neither understand I what thou sayest. And he went out into the porch; and the cock crew.
69: And a maid saw him again, and began to say to them that stood by, This is one of them.
70: And he denied it again. And a little after, they that stood by said again to Peter, Surely thou art one of them: for thou art a Galilaean, and thy speech agreeth thereto.
71: But he began to curse and to swear, saying, I know not this man of whom ye speak.
72: And the second time the cock crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept.

(III)
Luke 22:34: "And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me."

Luke 22: 55: "And when they had kindled a fire in the midst of the hall, and were set down together, Peter sat down among them.
56: But a certain maid beheld him as he sat by the fire, and earnestly looked upon him, and said, This man was also with him.
57: And he denied him, saying, Woman, I know him not.
58: And after a little while another saw him, and said, Thou art also of them. And Peter said, Man, I am not.
59: And about the space of one hour after another confidently affirmed, saying, Of a truth this fellow also was with him: for he is a Galilaean.
60: And Peter said, Man, I know not what thou sayest. And immediately, while he yet spake, the cock crew.
61: And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice."

Q: Also jesus told the criminal on the cross that today you will be with me in paradise BUT WE ALL KNOW THAT JESUS WAS IN THE GRAVE FOR THREE DAYS BEFORE RESURECTION SO WHERE WAS THE CRIMINAL ALL THIS WHILE

A: This was a simple common error in the bible translations which I will show you. I am glad you know Jesus did go to Hell immediately he died(to go and defeat the devil on our behalf) and off course resurrected the third day back to earth. With this in mind, lets look at the account in the bible;

Luke 23:43: And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Now see the same verse as I have corrected below;

Luke 23:43: And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee Today, shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Jesus did not mean to tell him that they would be together today. He said "I say unto you today, Thou shall be with me in paradise"

The new testament was originally written in the old Greek language and was translated into English language by language scholars (many who didn't have the Holy Spirit in them) and being not spiritually enlightened, they misplaced the punctuation mark.
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by osazu: 12:00pm On Jun 17, 2009
   8 “‘How can you say, “We are wise because we have the word of the Lord,”      when your preachers have twisted it by writing lies?    9 These wise teachers will fall
      They are all frauds.

Kuru,I want u to understnd that above instance does not in any way negate the truth of the scripture.God allow every activities recorded in bible whether negative or positives,wrong or right report for learning of whom the end of the age is come.

Ro 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
1Co 14:3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.

No matter the circumstance that gave rise to the present manuscript compilation,God was still in control ,God would not allow something of error in his eyes to be the standard for the teaching about Him .Both our right and wrong  God can used to foster is purpose on earth.Above all ,the one and only authur of scripture is the only spirit.He alone can interprete it .

Let give u this testimony,I was studying bible one day I came across 2pet2:4

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

[b]The Holy spirit said to me from this day have u be lifted above all forms of sicknesses.B/4 then I used to treat all forms sicknesses going from one healing home to another.Holy Spirit through revelation gave me understnding that what that scripture is saying was just that I ve been lifted above natural effirmitive as long as I abide in Him.[/b]The Holy Spirit ve never said to any one about any scripture "that was not what I intended to say".
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by osazu: 12:04pm On Jun 17, 2009
  8 “‘How can you say, “We are wise because we have the word of the Lord,”      when your preachers have twisted it by writing lies?    9 These wise teachers will fall
     They are all frauds.

Kuru,I want u to understnd that above instance does in any way negate the truth of the scripture.God allow every activities recorded in bible whether negative or positives,wrong or right report for learning of whom the end of the age is come.

Ro 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
1Co 14:3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.

No matter the circumstance that gave rise to the present manuscript compilation,God was still in control ,God would allow some thing errors to be the standard for the teaching about.Both our right and wrong  God can used to foster is purpose on earth.Above all ,the one and only authur of scripture is the only spirit.He alone can interprete it .

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Holy spirit said to me from this day have u be lifted above all forms of sicknesses.B/4 then I used to treat all forms sicknesses going one healing home to another.Holy Spirit through revelation gave understnding that what that scripture is saying was just that I ve been lifted above natural effirmitive as long as I abide in Him.

The Holy Spirit ve never said to any one about any scripture "that was not what I intended to say".
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by petres007(m): 12:17pm On Jun 17, 2009
@Truthonly, thanks a bunch for your effort!  smiley

But I sincerely think that these people have already chosen their path and will not listen to reason. And its not new. I wouldn't mind trying to discuss with anyone who sincerely wanted explanations for his/her doubts about Christianity - or should I say, biblical Christianity.  wink Because there are various versions of it out there today (and even in the time of the apostles sef).

About the so-called "lost" or "excluded" books of the bible. Offhand I can tell you that those so called lost "gospels" were written by Gnostics and the likes, over 200/300 years after Christ - so how do you trust these so-called gospels? The Gospels we have in the bible were written, as verified by recognised christian/non-christian historians, to have been written within the first century, by either Jesus Apostles, or their close companions who simply documented what the apostle(s) taught e.g. Mark

Take for example the so-called "gospel of Thomas", that wasn't written by the Apostle Thomas of the bible! Sorry o, you da vinci code fans!  cheesy You can't just take every so-called "gospel" or "epistle" as reliable without checking it out first. As a result they all (the excluded/lost books) contain funny versions of the gospel, the life and ministry of Jesus etc.  smiley

And besides, in most cases you don't even have to read halfway into the books before you know why they may have been excluded.

So for any Christian who because of all these questions being raised and conspiracy theories everywhere is beginning to have doubts about the authenticity of the bible or the gospel of Jesus Christ as presented in the scriptures, please contact me. We can discuss these issues via email, and I can point you to plenty of materials to study on these issues to help you understand them better and clear up your doubts. The bible doesn't leave us to just believe without proof of its own authenticity.

For we did not follow cleverly devised myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty.   cheesy - 2 Peter 1:16

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good cheesy - I Thess 5:21
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by petres007(m): 1:46pm On Jun 17, 2009
osazu:

Holy spirit said to me from this day have u be lifted above all forms of sicknesses.B/4 then I used to treat all forms sicknesses going one healing home to another.Holy Spirit through revelation gave understnding that what that scripture is saying was just that I ve been lifted above natural effirmitive as long as I abide in Him.

The Holy Spirit ve never said to any one about any scripture "that was not what I intended to say".

@Osazu,

I really wish I had time to take you up on this here fully, but I don't. Have to step out now. But please study your scriptures well. The bible doesn't teach that the christian is lifted above all forms of sickenesses! That is one of the untruths being peddled about today by men like Kenneth Copeland and our own Chris Oyahkilome. But the bible does not teach that christians cannot be sick!

What it teaches is what I'd term, the "hope of the believer". That at the return of Christ, those believers who're now dead, will be raised to life and given celestial bodies (of course alongside those who're alive at the time), which is not prone to sin, sickness or death. And that we will be with him (the Lord) forever. This is the hope of the believer and that it is in this hope that we are saved! You can actually infer from that that wherever you find a so-called believer who does not have this hope in him, his salvation is seriously questionable. Sadly, that's one thing ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL part that's missing from too many of the versions of the gospel being preached out there by supposed men of gawd.

Secondly, the scripture you quoted above was actually from 1 Peter 1:4 not 2 Peter. And it says nothing about being "lifted from all forms of sicknesses and diseases". That's actually one of the ways wrong doctrine comes about. By twisting a scripture to say what it doesn't, lifting it out of its proper context etc.

Below is that scripture (RSV), taken from verse 1 down to verse 8, so you can get the full picture and see that verse in its right context. Here:

1 ¶ Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours in the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

2 May grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.

3 His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence,

4 by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, that through these you may escape from the corruption that is in the world because of passion, and become partakers of the divine nature. wink

5 ¶ For this very reason make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge,

6 and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness,

7 and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love.

8 For if these things are yours and abound, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

In the simplest way I can put it now for time's sake, its talking about those in Christ have escaped the corruption (sin) in the world. The passage is about in Christ. Not about not being immune to sickness. You can see clearly what Peter was admonishing his readers about. And you can clearly see exactly what kind of "fruits" he was referring to. Thank God he mentioned them.

One of the proper ways of arriving of the meaning of a verse/passage of scripture (in addition to making sure you're reading it in its proper context like I've demonstrated above) is to compare it with other scriptures. Below is a passage from 1 John 2: 15-17 (BBE) that corroborates what Peter said here:

15 Have no love for the world or for the things which are in the world. If any man has love for the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 Because everything in the world, the desire of the flesh, the desire of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father but of the world.

17 And the world and its desires is coming to an end: but he who does God's pleasure is living for ever.

And about God speaking to you, Hmm undecided, Well at the very least, please know that most of the confusion and error in the Church today is traceable to this. "God" telling this person this, and then telling the other person that.

As a christian, you ought to hold God's rightly divided word of truth far above any voice(s) you may hear.

I think I've tried o. cheesy

Have to go out now. Take care.
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by KunleOshob(m): 1:59pm On Jun 17, 2009
petres_007:

@Osazu,

I really wish I had time to take you up on this here but I don't. Have to step out now. But please study your scriptures well. The bible doesn;t teach that the christian is lifted above all forms of sickenesses. I know thats whats being peddled about today by men like Kenneth Copeland and our Chris Oyahkilome. But the bible does not teach that christians cannot be sick!

WHat it teaches is what I'd term, the "hope of the believer". That at the return of Christ, those believers who're now dead, will be raised to life and given celestial bodies, which is not prone to sin, sickness or death. And that we will be with him (the Lord) forever. This is the hope of the believer. The bible says that it is in this hope that we are saved! You can actually infer from that that wherver you find a so-called believer who does not have this hope in him, his salvation is seriously questionable. Sadly, thats one thing thats missing from too many of the versions of the gospel being preached out there by supposed men of gawd.

Secondly, the scripture you quoted was actually from 1 Peter 1:4 not 2 Peter. And it says nothing about being "lifted from all forms of sicknesses and diseases". Below is that scripture (RSV), taken from verse 1 down to verse 8, so you can get the full picture and see that verse in its right context. Here:

1 ¶ Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours in the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

2 May grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.

3 His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence,

4 by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, that through these you may escape from the corruption that is in the world because of passion, and become partakers of the divine nature.

5 ¶ For this very reason make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge,

6 and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness,

7 and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love.

8 For if these things are yours and abound, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

In the simplest way I can put it now for time's sake, its talking about those in Christ have escaped the corruption (sin) in the world. The passage is about in Christ. Not about not being immune to sickness.

One of the proper ways of arriving of the meaning of a verse/passage of scripture (in addition to making sure you're reading it in its proper context like I've demonstrated above) is to compare it with other scriptures. Below is a passage from 1 John 2: 15-17 (BBE) that corroborates what Peter said here:

15 Have no love for the world or for the things which are in the world. If any man has love for the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 Because everything in the world, the desire of the flesh, the desire of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father but of the world.

17 And the world and its desires is coming to an end: but he who does God's pleasure is living for ever.

And about God speaking to you, at the very least, please know that most of the confusion in the Church today is traceable to this. As a christian, you ought to hold God's rightly divided word of truth far above any voice(s) you may hear.

I think I've tried o. Have to go out now. Take care.

@Petres
Evidently you have been very well taught and empowered to read the bible and understand it well in it's proper context i thank God for his servant who has been mentoring you in truth. The sad thing is that most people that claim to be christians especially in the pentecostal fold have been trained and tutored to always see what the bible is not saying and "hear" what the holy ghost is not saying. I pray that his truth would not depart from us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The 10 Biggest Churches In The World / 10 Ways To Underatanding The Voice Of God / Pastor Ighodalo Leads Late Wife’s Foundation In Outreach To Babies (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.