Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,893 members, 7,962,884 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 07:17 PM

Barcelona Fans Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barcelona Fans Thread (91047 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Barcelona Fans Thread. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by ogazi007(m): 2:34pm On Aug 31, 2009
Good news.im happy for gudjhonson,he has nothing to offer barca again.
Henrique need more time to grow,fontas was even far better than him in the preseason matches.
i will see how the team will cope in the absence of inesta and messi today.pedro should be starting the game tonite.
hi tv is no longer showing laliga or what?i will have to go back to dstv.
its going to be a tough game for us cos of fatigue,its not beans to win two cups in less than seven days.
no shaking we are winning 4-1 tonite.barca for life
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Krayola2(m): 2:54pm On Aug 31, 2009
Pep trying to motivate squad after most successful season in club history

Pep Guardiola: "Boys, now comes the hardest part: You need to get back down and start from scratch with the same desire…" grin grin

Source: elmundodeportivo.es
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 4:04pm On Aug 31, 2009
ha, ha, ha!
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by eyonigger(m): 11:09pm On Aug 31, 2009
Congrats ma pple. 3-0 clean sheet maintained. 2 injuries, Maxwell and Bojan, I hope it aint something as serious as milito's, wetin dey happen to that milito self?

Ibra scored at last, he had a good game, and I can see the dude will adapt well soon enough. The winning spirit must continue, Henry,marquez,iniesta,yaya toure, messi n co were not on the pitch, and we still played well. Forza Barca!!
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Krayola2(m): 11:13pm On Aug 31, 2009
Barca 3- 0 Sporting Gijon

Bojan - 17th min
Keita - 42nd min
Ibrahimovic- 81st min

Maxwell had some muscle problems and had to be substituted for Abidal. Bojan got stretchered off. . . looked like some groin injury or sumn around there. .  hope he's ok

I was happy for Ibra.  , didn't see much of the ball but looked good when he did . . .he was startin to get frustrated. At least he has that 1st goal so less pressure on him, for now. Mourinho was in the stands spying on us. . I hope he gets robbed while in Barcelona
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by follypimpi(m): 11:15pm On Aug 31, 2009
Ibra scored finally,the dude sure can hold the ball down.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by hollandis(f): 11:28pm On Aug 31, 2009
His first and last goal this season.UP REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Walexdinho(m): 12:13am On Sep 01, 2009
Up barca, We na don start again dis season. Unstopable barcelona.is not easy 2 b a winner.barca is just 2much. Am so much happy 4 zlatan for scorin is 1st goal.nice. So hw is our next match is goin 2 b cos we r playin Gatafe at der home.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Krayola2(m): 1:43am On Sep 01, 2009
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Nobody: 3:39am On Sep 01, 2009
This Barca team is superb, my hope is that Arsenal under Wenger will someday be 85% as good.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by ogazi007(m): 9:15am On Sep 01, 2009
I think Ibra can only get better.we were not really at our best,but it was not a poor display either.
Xavi held it down in the second half and Bojan(out for 15-20days)was very fantastic,jefferen will cover up for him.
maxwell is promising and thank God pep says "he had a minor knock"nothing serious.i think kiata was pretty good.
inesta the golden boi is over set to come turn things around in our next game against getefe,trust ini,he can make ibra scores even with his back passes shots,lol.forza barca.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by eyonigger(m): 10:47am On Sep 01, 2009
Ogazi i read a secret blog from FUTURE TV, iniesta has been ready ever since, they are resting him for the main time, they secretly implanted iron in his rare joints where injuries can be fatal becoz ini is very fragile, so that alone would avoid injury, same thing was done to messi reason why he was injury free throughout last season. Thank u ooo future tv.

As for the getafe match, them must give us our tough time as usual, but we'll overcome, A clean sheet will be good enough. I wonder why Barca suffers injury in the first opening match of the season.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 11:30am On Sep 01, 2009
you wishing for arsenal here? grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Oluschenco(m): 12:38pm On Sep 01, 2009
Barca nimi o!!!!!!!
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Krayola2(m): 12:42pm On Sep 01, 2009
davidylan:

This Barca team is superb, my hope is that Arsenal under Wenger will someday be 85% as good.

haha. thanks for the complement.

I think Arsenal is a very good team given the circumstances, and when u consider how prudent they are being compared to your competition. I doubt any other coach would be gettin as far as Wenger is with the same squad. I seriously doubt it. IMO  Arsenal just simply lacks the depth to compete with Man Utd and Chelsea over a season of 38 league games, plus the CL. If it were a 15 game season I would bet on Arsenal every single time. . .but it isn't. The amount  of depth and championship experience at those 2 teams is just too much to be overlooked, and Wenger seems to do this over and over again. Personally I think he just can't compete right now because of the new stadium. . (no point driving the club into more debt in the name of trophies and fan appeasement). . .

This season might just be different though. . .let's wait and see. I think Wenger should try to go all out for the FA cup or sumn. . .just get a trophy to end this drought. . .the players and fans need something to keep them going. It's been too long.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by eyonigger(m): 12:59pm On Sep 01, 2009
Arsenal will win a trophy this season, FUTURE TV confirmed it.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by khanye(m): 1:02pm On Sep 01, 2009
[size=14pt]Official: Monaco Sign Barcelona Forward Eidur Gudjohnsen[/size]

Monaco FC have completed the free signing of Barcelona frontman Eidur Gudjohnsen, the French club have announced.

Gudjohnsen had long been linked with football away from the Camp Nou after expressing his dissatisfaction over his peripheral role at the Catalan club.

The Iceland international has now penned a two-year contract with Monaco, where he will wear the club's No.9 jersey.

The signing of Gudjohnsen finally ends Monaco's quest for a striker after their bid for Steve Savidan collapsed because of a cardiac condition.

The former Chelsea man, who joins Monaco on the same day as Mathieu Coutadeur, has become the first Icelandic footballer in the history of the club.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by khanye(m): 1:13pm On Sep 01, 2009
If Ibra can keep scoring goals even though he's not playing very well, then no prob. cool
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Krayola2(m): 1:56pm On Sep 01, 2009
Preciado:”Keita was decisive”

Speking at a press conference after his team lost 3-0 to FC Barcelona, Sporting Gijon coach Manuel Preciado commented on the match:
“I leave with a bad taste in my mouth. We did things fairly well, especially in the first half. We almost neutralized Barça in every aspect of their game, but they killed us at set pieces. We were not solid enough. At least, that is something we can easily work on, the game itself wasn’t a total disaster.
We were courageous and we wanted to attack. We had some clear chances, maybe we deserved to score first. But sometimes you want to, but you can’t. They were stronger at set pieces. Keita is tremendously powerful and he hurt us a lot. Barcelona looks to be ready for another successful season because they have such a spectacular power. Without being in great form, they have already won two trophies, so you can imagine what it will be like when they find the rhythm.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guardiola pleased with Sporting display

Pep Guardiola admitted that FC Barcelona did not produce their best performance to overcome Sporting de Gijón on Monday evening in Camp Nou, but was pleased with the display as it came so soon after the European Super Cup Final.
The Blaugrana coach was impressed after seeing Bojan Krkic, Seydou Keita and Zlatan Ibrahimovic all score to open his team's league campaign with a convincing win. "The game was played out as predicted after all the efforts of the other day," he told the media. "I cannot take anything away from the team. It makes me happy that we played like this. Effort is al the players can give and again they did that. We can play well or badly, but you have to always give everything."

Coaching compliments

Sporting put up a good performance themselves and Guardiola thinks that they will do well this term. "They are a team that I have a lot of sympathy for," he explained. "They have a coach that has courage and ambition and I am convinced that they will have a good season."

Media help

Guardiola then turned his attention to the assembled journalists and told them they would have to become like the players and focus on one game at a a time. "I think it would be best if the constant comments about how many trophies the team would win were stopped in order to help the team," he stated. "Do not keep on with this because it does not help. If you want to help stop asking about these things. If we win one trophy more it will be a good season."

Bojan and Maxwell

Bojan and Maxwell both limped out of the Sporting game and Guardiola explained what was wrong. "It seems that Maxwell only has a small knock, while Bojan could be our for two or three weeks," he said. "We will work with Bojan because we need him. I have the feeling that he has stepped up. He is intuitive, prepared and has a lot of confidence when he is on the pitch.

"It would be negative if I thought that injuries would cause us problems. We do not have a big squad, but we are united and when someone is injured we must only think about them recovering and to know that there are people that can come in to play."

Keita and Ibrahimovic

On Keita and his impressive performance, Guardiola was full of praise. "His generosity has no limits," he commented. "He is a player that gives so much and that improves as the game goes on. This year he will play a lot." On Ibrahimovic scoring the coach added: "I am pleased he scored today. He played for 90 minutes and that is also a good sign and now he will continue to work. He is adapting and slowly-but-surely he will find his level."
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by dayokanu(m): 2:27pm On Sep 01, 2009
Wasnt Ibra offside for that goal?

Dem just wan dash am goal make e no be say na waste of money.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Krayola2(m): 3:56pm On Sep 01, 2009
e be like say pepper dey inside your eyes.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by eyonigger(m): 8:55pm On Sep 01, 2009
Professor dayo, u look so teeeeeeey, u no see anything to use criticize our win, na ibra u think sey dey offside position, daddy they are waiting for you here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-109253.448.html
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Walexdinho(m): 4:29pm On Sep 02, 2009
Thank God maxwell is back on is feet.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by khanye(m): 12:28pm On Sep 03, 2009
Maxwell returns to training

Maxwell returned to full training on Wednesday morning having been given the green light by doctors after they examined the injury that he sustained against Sporting de Gijón in the first game of the league season.

In a week when their has been an exodus of players due to the international call-ups, the Brazilian full-back was able to train again after suffering a thigh strain in the match on Monday. He was joined by only four other first-team regulars with José Manuel Pinto, Rafael Márquez, Pedro and Andrés Iniesta. Before the session began Maxwell underwent a thorough examination by the club's medics.

Víctor Valdés stayed inside the complex to do some specific training and Bojan Krkic continued with his recuperation programme after he tore a muscle in his left thigh.

Albert Dalmau, Sergi Robert and Sergi Espinosa were called up from the B side, Barça Atlètic, to make up the numbers for training.

[img]http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/Galeries/futbol/temporada09-10/09/entrenaments/03-09-09/2009-09-03_ENTRENO_12.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/Galeries/futbol/temporada09-10/09/entrenaments/02-09-2009/2009-09-02_ENTRENO_04.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/Galeries/futbol/temporada09-10/09/entrenaments/03-09-09/2009-09-03_ENTRENO_19.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/Galeries/futbol/temporada09-10/09/entrenaments/03-09-09/2009-09-03_ENTRENO_21.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/Galeries/futbol/temporada09-10/09/entrenaments/03-09-09/2009-09-03_ENTRENO_08.jpg[/img]

www.fcbarcelona.com
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by khanye(m): 12:47pm On Sep 03, 2009
cool
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by ogazi007(m): 1:38pm On Sep 03, 2009
Ini the golden boi is back.im so happy 4 him.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Krayola(m): 5:17pm On Sep 03, 2009
[size=15pt]Stoichkov:”Eto deserves a statue”[/size]

Former FC Barcelona player, Hristo Stoichkov gave an interview for the Catalan news daily “Sport”.

Whats your view of FC Barcelona?
FC Barcelona is one of the kind. They are at their own level. I saw the Champions League draw and the ‘Barça vs Inter’ debate is senseless. Mourinho is a great coach and has a great team but he knows Barça is better. Can they lose a game against Inter? Of course, but if I had to put my money on one team, I would put it on Barça.

What about Eto’o returning to the Camp Nou? Ibra or Eto’o?
The press always seems to want to make comparisons. Eto’o has given so many things to Barça that they should build a monument for him. If Ibra now plays well and also give trophies to the culés, well that would be another monument… But let’s not take credit away from the one who’s not there anymore just to be able to talk positively about the new one. And we shouldn’t ask Ibrahimovic to score two goals each game either. He should be given time to adapt to the system, the team-mates, the club, the city…

Another treble is possible?
I would like it but people from the world of football know how difficult it is. I was part of one of the best teams in the history of Barcelona and we didn’t win one treble. Now they’ve already won the two super cups. This team has a winning spirit, a good mentality, with good players, a good coach, but football is no mathematics and two and two is not four. If that was the case, Real Madrid would be the next champion. With all that money, all those names, with so many stars, that’s the end of it, period, you shouldn’t have to play any more competitions. But it’s not like that, so we shouldn’t put even more pressure on the team nor expect that Barça will again win everything just like that.

So we shouldn’t worry about Real Madrid?
Yes, you should worry, but you shouldn’t get obsessed. We have to continue with our own thing because if we keep the same line, it will be difficult for the galacticos to beat us. Ronaldo, Kaká, Benzema are great but Messi, Xavi and Iniesta are better. Right?

I guess so, yes. When do you return to Catalonia?
I won’t be able to leave South Africa until Christmas. But I’m already looking forward to it!

What about returning to Barca?
I also would want that! I didn’t have the chance so far but you never know what can happen in the future. I would like to and if it would be possible, fantastic, but if not, we continue with other things. Being inside or outside the club, I’m a Barça fan.

What do you think about the transfer of Chygrynskiy?
Great. Guardiola proves that he has courage because it’s very easy to sign Ibra but it’s more complicated with a Ukrainian boy of 22 years old, not known by many people. I congratulate Pep for the chance he’s giving Dimitro.

What would you advise him?
His story reminds me my own. I also arrived in Barcelona being very young but with a lot of desire to conquer the world. He’s from the East, which means he has character and I am sure he will succeed. I would advise him that he opens his eyes, listens and works.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Always nice to hear from Stoichkov. . A true Cule. Always got Barca's back.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by eyonigger(m): 7:04pm On Sep 03, 2009
Krayn khanye thanks for spicing up this thread with wonderful NEWS!!
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Walexdinho(m): 7:20pm On Sep 03, 2009
Messi have really trun mad. He score 5goals in a match 4 Argentina. D guy dey ves
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:07pm On Sep 03, 2009
i hope what happened to chelsea doesn't happen here.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by bydot1(m): 9:49pm On Sep 03, 2009
Whatever!
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by chic2pimp(m): 12:12am On Sep 04, 2009
INIWERE IS BACK grin grin grin grin grin.

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 26th October 2014 / UEFA Champions League Quarter Finals Live Draws & Fixtures / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.