Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,256 members, 7,887,739 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:05 PM

Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? (4080 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / The Jet Controversy By Tony Rapu. / Efcc Takes Possession Of The Jet Akingbola Bought For Pastor Adeboye Of Reemdee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by Tudor6(f): 7:27pm On Jul 06, 2009
@sauron
i've taken it to the po=po so you can now rest.
If it's not enough for you go jerk off- drop a few bars while you at it.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by tkb417(m): 7:34pm On Jul 06, 2009
@tkb147
EFCC can't touch him, have you forgotten your pastor and OBJ are close pals?
"Be ye not equally yoked with unbelievers,What has light got to do with darkness" -is that not what the bible said?.
But your pastor yoked himself, infact almost married the man so he can share the loot. . . .
Your pastor is a goat and you the DEMON tempting and misleading him are a BIGGER GOAT!
fck u tudor
do u knw what that means?

it means go and hang wink
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by REALTRUTH1: 7:36pm On Jul 06, 2009
For all NL and Nigerians:
Now know this,,Joel Olstein is a popular pastor in the US and the world,,,he recently made a mistake in his speech/uterances,,,do you know what happened next? His members demanded he should go to the public and refrain the statement he made,,and he did just that,,thats the humility am talking about.
 More than the above, just last year,,Revd Wright who happens to be Obama's pastor for 20 years,,,made a statement that boils down to racisms which ultimately would have affected Obama's bid for presidency,,the Revd Wright for that singular mistake was fired(sacked) from the church and Obama eventually resigned from attending that church,,,Simply because his pastor made a blunder! Though the Revd tried apologising but it was to late.
Now my question is this,,can both scenerio ever happened in Nigeria?the answer is NO !! Reason being that Nigerians have been so badly boxed into RELIGION,,,,U MUST NOT QUESTION UR PASTOR,BISHOP,GO etc,,,to me that is arrant nonesense and unscriptural
 Again,,I ask the question,,,why have we not heard Pastor Adeboye making statement concerning the Jet? One thing am trying 2 prove is that as human beings,,we re all prone to mistakes,,,and what we should do is to apologise appropriate when we make such mistakes,,,ur Pastor,Bishop,GO,,etc are all fallible and prone to mistakes,,,That is why the WHITES would always be ahead of the BLACKS in almost everything,,,In US,,U would see politicians,pastors apologising publicly when they make any mistakes,,,and they re eventually forgiven,,,
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by fyneguy: 7:42pm On Jul 06, 2009
grin

@Poster

He did not respond because there were grammatical errors in your topic undecided
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by KunleOshob(m): 7:47pm On Jul 06, 2009
REAL TRUTH:

For all NL and Nigerians:
Now know this,,Joel Olstein is a popular pastor in the US and the world,,,he recently made a mistake in his speech/uterances,,,do you know what happened next? His members demanded he should go to the public and refrain the statement he made,,and he did just that,,thats the humility am talking about.
More than the above, just last year,,Revd Wright who happens to be Obama's pastor for 20 years,,,made a statement that boils down to racisms which ultimately would have affected Obama's bid for presidency,,the Revd Wright for that singular mistake was fired(sacked) from the church and Obama eventually resigned from attending that church,,,Simply because his pastor made a blunder! Though the Revd tried apologising but it was to late.
Now my question is this,,can both scenerio ever happened in Nigeria?the answer is NO !! Reason being that Nigerians have been so badly boxed into RELIGION,,,,U MUST NOT QUESTION UR PASTOR,BISHOP,GO etc,,,to me that is arrant nonesense and unscriptural
Again,,I ask the question,,,why have we not heard Pastor Adeboye making statement concerning the Jet? One thing am trying 2 prove is that as human beings,,we re all prone to mistakes,,,and what we should do is to apologise appropriate when we make such mistakes,,,ur Pastor,Bishop,GO,,etc are all fallible and prone to mistakes,,,That is why the WHITES would always be ahead of the BLACKS in almost everything,,,In US,,U would see politicians,pastors apologising publicly when they make any mistakes,,,and they re eventually forgiven,,,

That is in the US, in Nigeria our men of god are demi gods and they can do no wrong, they are infallible and superior to preachers in any other country on this planet hence they can't be corrected by mere men.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by Tudor6(f): 7:51pm On Jul 06, 2009
Quote from: tkb147
fck u tudor
do you know what that means?
It means go and hang
DEMON no weapon fashioned against me shall PROSPER!
Jehovah god shall hang the demons by the gallows prepared for me like he did for modechiah against haman! Go back to HELL DEMON and stop tempting our daddy g.o to steal!!
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by MrCrackles(m): 7:51pm On Jul 06, 2009
KunleOshob:

That is in the US, in Nigeria our men of god are demi gods and they can do no wrong, they are infallible and superior to preachers in any other country on this planet hence they can't be corrected by mere men.

LMFAO! grin
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by tkb417(m): 8:03pm On Jul 06, 2009
DEMON no weapon fashioned against me shall PROSPER!
Jehovah god shall hang the demons by the gallows prepared for me like he did for modechiah against haman! Go back to HELL DEMON and stop tempting our daddy g.o to steal!!
chei!!!
see Lucifer the 2nd quoting bible grin grin grin
bastard grin
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by Tudor6(f): 8:16pm On Jul 06, 2009
We know you!
Jesus warned us about false prophets in the last days, we should beware of angels of darkness appearing as angels of light.
We know you tkb147, demons can't hide!
Stop tempting our daddy G.O to steal!!!
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by cold(m): 8:18pm On Jul 06, 2009
I think people do have the right to ask questions,that is what distinguishes humans from other creatures.The issue of 'a stone that lieth not in your way need not bother you' does not arise,afterall the only reason why evil still thrives in our society today is not because of those who perpetrate it but because of thse who sit by and do nothing.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by debosky(m): 8:22pm On Jul 06, 2009
Why should Adeboye respond to frivolous articles published by some newspaper articles who are not even sure of what they are writing? One second it's a private jet for Adeboye, next it's for the church, next it's by a front. . . which is which? In my opinion, the jet issue lies squarely in the realm of speculation, and most people will not respond to speculation for the fun of it.

On the other hand, text messages purportedly sent by him with his name were circulating, so there was every reason to discountenance those as not originating from himself. That issue directly affected his members to whom he has responsibility.

There is no problem in asking a question - we all have different prespectives and see things differently.

I see Tudor is trying to convert human beings again? I guess the pigs and goats turned him down.  grin grin

Bleat louder I say!  grin grin
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by Tudor6(f): 8:56pm On Jul 06, 2009
What is degoatsky talking about? ??
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by noetic2: 9:00pm On Jul 06, 2009
debosky:

Why should Adeboye respond to frivolous articles published by some newspaper articles who are not even sure of what they are writing? One second it's a private jet for Adeboye, next it's for the church, next it's by a front. . . which is which? In my opinion, the jet issue lies squarely in the realm of speculation, and most people will not respond to speculation for the fun of it.

On the other hand, text messages purportedly sent by him with his name were circulating, so there was every reason to discountenance those as not originating from himself. That issue directly affected his members to whom he has responsibility.

There is no problem in asking a question - we all have different prespectives and see things differently.

I see Tudor is trying to convert human beings again? I guess the pigs and goats turned him down.  grin grin

Bleat louder I say!  grin grin

u dont have a point.

Adeboye is a public figure. the public has a right for clarifications of issues emanating about him.
I still cant figure out why he responded to the texts and not the jet. something seems fishy, and no one has been able to rightly explain it.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by debosky(m): 10:33pm On Jul 06, 2009
noetic2:

u dont have a point.

Adeboye is a public figure. the public has a right for clarifications of issues emanating about him.
I still cant figure out why he responded to the texts and not the jet. something seems fishy, and no one has been able to rightly explain it.

He has a right to choose whether to respond to speculations as well - the 'rights' of the public do not trump his personal rights.

If you can't figure out why he would respond to a message purportedly sent by him (with his name attached) then I don't know what to say to you.

There is no 'right' explanation beyond what I have given - one case was speculation (rightly ignored) while the other was misrepresentation using his name, which needed to be corrected.

@ Tudor

Any luck with the goats? grin
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by sparta(f): 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2009
@post

Judge not so that you will not be judged for the measure you use in judging others will be used to judge you.

Let us learn from King David, he never said a bad word to Saul despite Saul's failing, he left the matter to God. Let God be the judge of his own servants, he has not made any one of us their judge. The bible says we should not rebuke an elder.

The angel that came to take moses body did not even curse satan, he said the Lord rebuke you satan because he (the angel) was once under Lucifer's authority. He left the judgement to God.

All these bashings on Pastor Adeboye is too much, we need to be careful. We should not allow pride and too much zeal to get in the way of things.

The bible says vengeance is mine, i will repay, says the Lord'

we nee to leave it at that.

Note: I am not a redeemite but i believe in respect for authority!
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by emije: 1:33pm On Jul 07, 2009
sparta:

@post

yap,does anyone knows if lasuspts 2009/10 interview screening exercise is on.plssss let me know,k or mail me emije_01@yahoo.com.thks lastly 2 all my ex student of shasha community senior high school should kall me okobalo 2006 session or mail me on my id,essseeeeeeee oo.

Judge not so that you will not be judged for the measure you use in judging others will be used to judge you.

Let us learn from King David, he never said a bad word to Saul despite Saul's failing, he left the matter to God. Let God be the judge of his own servants, he has not made any one of us their judge. The bible says we should not rebuke an elder.

The angel that came to take moses body did not even curse satan, he said the Lord rebuke you satan because he (the angel) was once under Lucifer's authority. He left the judgement to God.

All these bashings on Pastor Adeboye is too much, we need to be careful. We should not allow pride and too much zeal to get in the way of things.

Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by REALTRUTH1: 2:32pm On Jul 07, 2009
sparta:

@post

I did not bash Pastor Adeboye,,am only asking a question just like the Berean Christians would do,,,thesame thing John the Baptist would also do,,the reason john the baptist was beheaded was because he questioned the King,,thesame thing Pastor Tunde Bakare would do,,,asking question is not and would never be considered as judgement.Exactly thesame thing Martin Luther King Jnr would have done if he was alive and a Nigerian,,please, am not a basher am just am jus making an INQUIRY,,Jesus is Lord,,,No controversy,,but we live in a world where crazy things are happening even in the church,,In a more sane environment,,Pastor Adeboye would have provided answer to the questions raised about the Jet,,otherwise check out google on "carlton pearson"
Carlton Pearson lost several members of his congration because he preached heresy and failed to withdraw his statements,,,in US christians reads their Bible and put their pastor under check,,one single mistake that fails to correct itself would either make or mar the pastor in the US, I pray we wake up to responsible Christianity in Nigeria.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by sparta(f): 3:14pm On Jul 07, 2009
Americans don't make the rules, God does. Leave judgement to him!
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by timmy7(m): 3:37pm On Jul 07, 2009
Chei!!! See hypocrite u no bash pastor abi cheesy i cant even count d number of anti pastor/disformed;discomfitted xtians posts u ve made,and what's this silly ''Berean christians'' clichy that u r nw harping on in defence of ur questioning stance? R u part of pastor Adeboye's flock? Do u contribute to tithe and offering in his church grin or do u consider him ur teacher? So why acting up a stupid berean xtian afterall U keep making noise abt Joel Olstein's being questioned by ''his members'' r u a member of d rccg? Just like obama's pastor Rev wright made a blunder and he left d church,i can authoritatively tell u here that i av also quitted churches based on the pastors' preaching and what's so spectacular abt that. U kept making noise abt inability of 9ja pastors to admit their mistake,so jet acquisition by d pastor is a mistake and he should admit it in d news paper and apologise to who? Pple lyk u who adds no value to his church grin if there is somebody u want to question dat is ur pastor-if u av 1-
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by ogajim(m): 8:28pm On Jul 07, 2009
Could "Aba Saheed" be right about Nigeria as a nation of IDIOTS?
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by noetic2: 8:35pm On Jul 07, 2009
debosky:

He has a right to choose whether to respond to speculations as well - the 'rights' of the public do not trump his personal rights.

If you can't figure out why he would respond to a message purportedly sent by him (with his name attached) then I don't know what to say to you.

There is no 'right' explanation beyond what I have given - one case was speculation (rightly ignored) while the other was misrepresentation using his name, which needed to be corrected.

This is the same mentality that brings to question the managerial skills of nigerians.

does the jet also not involve his name? why would he buy a jet is a poverty stricken nation? why did he not make clarifications about the jet? is it because he really bought the jet?

in fact he should have responded to the jet and not the text, cos the text made people pray but the jet made people make comments that do not glorify God. Adeboye was far on the wrong.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by debosky(m): 8:44pm On Jul 07, 2009
noetic2:

does the jet also not involve his name? why would he buy a jet is a poverty stricken nation? why did he not make clarifications about the jet? is it because he really bought the jet?

How does the jet involve his name? Newspaper speculations?? That the next day the same newspapers claimed it wasn't owned by him? Why should he engage in mindless speculation when the 'accusers' cannot even make up their minds whether it was Adeboye's or the church's? Aimless speculation does not deserve any response

in fact he should have responded to the jet and not the text, cos the text made people pray but the jet made people make comments that do not glorify God. Adeboye was far on the wrong.
People say things that don't glorify God daily - should Adeboye respond to those? What about those claiming he is friends with Ibori? He should come out to deny every bad thing people say about him.

The text purportedly said he sent a message about prayer request out to people - a fundamental part of his ministry as a pastor. It behooves him to clear up any speculation about that.

No document has been brought out with Adeboye's name on any jet manifest, no evidence whatsoever. Who responds to speculation??
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by noetic2: 8:58pm On Jul 07, 2009
debosky:

How does the jet involve his name? Newspaper speculations?? That the next day the same newspapers claimed it wasn't owned by him? Why should he engage in mindless speculation when the 'accusers' cannot even make up their minds whether it was Adeboye's or the church's? Aimless speculation does not deserve any response
People say things that don't glorify God daily - should Adeboye respond to those?  What about those claiming he is friends with Ibori? He should come out to deny every bad thing people say about him.

The text was also a speculation. until adeboye spoke up everyone believed he sent the text, but because he did  not send the text he made clarifications.

why did he not apply the same logic to the jet? up till today every one believes something is fishy about the jet, it is only adeboye that can make a clarification, yet he has refused to. is this because he actually bought the jet and is now ashamed of himself? is it because he is afraid of the reaction of his members?

did u read the follow up report on thisday. That was a ridiculous attempt at a cover up. If adeboye could refute a simple text message because it was claimed that it originated from him, there is absolutely no reason why he should not refute the claims that he bought a jet.

The text purportedly said he sent a message about prayer request out to people - a fundamental part of his ministry as a pastor. It behooves him to clear up any speculation about that.

why does this same logic not apply to the jet?

which would have been more harm to adeboye's personality or ministry, is it the fact that he sent a multiple prayer request text or the fact that he bought a jet.

There is no big deal if he sent or did not send the text. But it is a big deal if he bought that jet.

No document has been brought out with Adeboye's name on any jet manifest, no evidence whatsoever. Who responds to speculation??

why are u resorting to documents? All adeboye has to do is to speak up on the matter and make clarifications. what is he scared of?

why did it take him 2 years until obasanjo left power to speak up on third term? what was he scared of?
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by debosky(m): 9:16pm On Jul 07, 2009
Text message: Pray for your family - Adeboye

Newspaper speculation: Adeboye buys jet, no wait, his church members buy a jet. wait it's 50m, no wait it's an old jet of 3m.

noetic2:

The text was also a speculation. until adeboye spoke up everyone believed he sent the text, but because he did  not send the text he made clarifications.

The text was purported to come from HIM, effectively signed by him. What similar evidence has been seen to link Adeboye with the jet except speculations?

why did he not apply the same logic to the jet? up till today every one believes something is fishy about the jet, it is only adeboye that can make a clarification, yet he has refused to. is this because he actually bought the jet and is now ashamed of himself? is it because he is afraid of the reaction of his members?

Even if he makes any comment, do you think the speculation will end? NO - people will say he is lying or denying it. There is no point going on about an issue which is pure speculation.

did u read the follow up report on thisday. That was a ridiculous attempt at a cover up. If adeboye could refute a simple text message because it was claimed that it originated from him, there is absolutely no reason why he should not refute the claims that he bought a jet.

So who is covering up? Thisday? grin grin Oh I guess the next thing is for Adeboye to come out and tell you that Thisday's article is not a cover up? grin grin Wait - Adeboye owns Thisday and is using Nduka Obaigbena as a front! shocked grin grin

If I publish an article on my website saying Adeboye owns a house on the North Pole, I guess he should also come and defend it? grin grin

which would have been more harm to adeboye's personality or ministry, is it the fact that he sent a multiple prayer request text or the fact that he bought a jet.
The text of course - If Adeboye wants to communicate prayers to his church, he does so through his Pastors - obviously this didn't go through that route and needs to be dispelled as false. The jet issue was NOT RAISED BY MEMBERS but my mischevious press elements. If his members require a clarification, let them speak to their pastors or to Adeboye - it's none of your business.

There is no big deal if he sent or did not send the text. But it is a big deal if he bought that jet.
That is a matter of opinion - Adeboye clearly takes the spiritual wellbeing of his flock and the spiritual messages as more important. A phantom jet without any evidence of linkage to Adeboye need not be defended nor even responded to.

why are u resorting to documents? All adeboye has to do is to speak up on the matter and make clarifications. what is he scared of?

Clarifications on RUMOURS? Why should he? Why pick this rumour? What other rumours are out there? Should he now make it a duty to be responding to the news peddlers who have no evidence and are not his constituency?

why did it take him 2 years until obasanjo left power to speak up on third term? what was he scared of?
A distraction - is Adeboye a politician? Must he speak according to YOUR timeline? Last I checked, he can talk about whatever he wants whenever he wants. You neither elected him nor attend his church nor play any role in his ministry. I see no reason for you to dictate to him when he can or cannot speak as he chooses.

When RCCG bought over a defunct TV station and used it to start up Dove Media, was it hidden? When they built their auditorium in Texas was it hidden? When they acquired a License for a University was it hidden?

If there is anything that merits disclosure it will be passed across as and when due - responding to baseless media speculation is not what they specialise in.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by noetic2: 9:55pm On Jul 07, 2009
debosky:

Text message: Pray for your family - Adeboye

Newspaper speculation: Adeboye buys jet, no wait, his church members buy a jet. wait it's 50m, no wait it's an old jet of 3m.

The text was purported to come from HIM, effectively signed by him. What similar evidence has been seen to link Adeboye with the jet except speculations?

Even if he makes any comment, do you think the speculation will end? NO - people will say he is lying or denying it. There is no point going on about an issue which is pure speculation.

So who is covering up? Thisday? grin grin Oh I guess the next thing is for Adeboye to come out and tell you that Thisday's article is not a cover up? grin grin Wait - Adeboye owns Thisday and is using Nduka Obaigbena as a front! shocked grin grin

If I publish an article on my website saying Adeboye owns a house on the North Pole, I guess he should also come and defend it? grin grin
The text of course - If Adeboye wants to communicate prayers to his church, he does so through his Pastors - obviously this didn't go through that route and needs to be dispelled as false. The jet issue was NOT RAISED BY MEMBERS but my mischevious press elements. If his members require a clarification, let them speak to their pastors or to Adeboye - it's none of your business.
That is a matter of opinion - Adeboye clearly takes the spiritual wellbeing of his flock and the spiritual messages as more important. A phantom jet without any evidence of linkage to Adeboye need not be defended nor even responded to.

Clarifications on RUMOURS? Why should he? Why pick this rumour? What other rumours are out there? Should he now make it a duty to be responding to the news peddlers who have no evidence and are not his constituency?
A distraction - is Adeboye a politician? Must he speak according to YOUR timeline? Last I checked, he can talk about whatever he wants whenever he wants. You neither elected him nor attend his church nor play any role in his ministry. I see no reason for you to dictate to him when he can or cannot speak as he chooses.

When RCCG bought over a defunct TV station and used it to start up Dove Media, was it hidden? When they built their auditorium in Texas was it hidden? When they acquired a License for a University was it hidden?

If there is anything that merits disclosure it will be passed across as and when due - responding to baseless media speculation is not what they specialise in.

do u actually think before u write this things?
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by Sonye(f): 1:17am On Jul 08, 2009
i hate coming to the religion forum because of what people say about pastors. trying to plant bad thoughts on people's minds. I am an RCCG member. I pay my tithes loyally to God. if the pastor has a jet, good for him. I don't care about wherehe gets the money from. 10% of my monthly earnings is not mine. I cannot question it. Let God be the judge of that.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by timmy7(m): 7:05am On Jul 08, 2009
Cant believe dis guy can reason lyk this,no wonda they made xtianity complex. cry I wonda if ur own pastor is not a public figure
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by sparta(f): 9:27am On Jul 08, 2009
@ sonye

You are right, i rarely visit the religion section of this forum because it has been taken over by  pessimistS. They never see anything good in what other people do.

How much is a jet anyway? Just how much? Many of us are so used to proverty that we see progress and prosperity as devlish. Go and read the book of revelation and you will see wealth in its biggest form . THE GATES OF HEAVEN IS MADE OF PEARLS, THE FOUNDATIONS ARE MADE WITH PRECIOUS STONES SUCH AS EMERALD, TOPAZ, BERYL, SAPPHIRE,  JACINTH, SARDIUS, CHRYSOLITE, AMETHYST ETC  The streets are made of PURE GOLD AS IT WERE A TRANSPARENT GLASS. That is where God himself lives so how much is a jet for crying out loud?

In the book of Genesis, the Garden of Eden there are four rivers, two of these rivers haVE GOLD, BDELLIUM and ONYX STONE. That is where God dwells, so what battle are you fighting when you say nasty things about a minister of God. God himself dwells in SPLENDOUR  and proverty was never in his initiall plan for us at all.

If you believe a Pastor has to be poor then you are ignorant, yes ignorant. The bible says a labourer deserves his wages anyway so if he has earned the right to, what is your problem? Do you know how many lives he has touched? The sick, lame, homeless, jobless, hungry?

How many lives have these antagonists touch?

Next time you wanna bash a minister of God, read the Bible very well  wink
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by PastorAIO: 9:45am On Jul 08, 2009
sparta:

@ sonye

You are right, i rarely visit the religion section of this forum because it has been taken over by  pessimistS. They never see anything good in what other people do.

This is a public forum. If you see people saying what you disagree with then you should engage them and present your own perspective. After all this is what Christ commissioned us to do.

If someone said something that you disagree with in any other part of NL I am sure that you jump right in and take up the debate. So why not here?

St. Paul and all those other early christians prevailed in hostile circumstances and Jesus did not promise us that it was going to be any other way than that. So I don't get what is really making you moan. Or did you expect that christianity is the only religious view in Nigeria?
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by debosky(m): 9:52am On Jul 08, 2009
noetic2:

do u actually think before u write this things?

Do you think before you compare a text message bearing a Pastor's name directed to his flock to self-contradicting rumours in newspapers ?

For the record, even the 'response' by Adeboye was to his church members, not to the 'public'. His constituency remains the church - anyone who is a member and is concerned about him allegedly buying a jet can approach him through the proper channels.

Including third term in this discussion shows how much grasping at straws you are engaging in.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by KunleOshob(m): 10:17am On Jul 08, 2009
debosky:

Do you think before you compare a text message bearing a Pastor's name directed to his flock to self-contradicting rumours in newspapers ?

For the record, even the 'response' by Adeboye was to his church members, not to the 'public'. His constituency remains the church - anyone who is a member and is concerned about him allegedly buying a jet can approach him through the proper channels.

Including third term in this discussion shows how much grasping at straws you are engaging in.

Debosky you must admit you have been a been unreasonanle in your over zealous defence of Pastor Adeboye on this issue, reminds me of worshippers in Rev King's church who were still adulating him even after he murdered one of them in broad day light. To you / them your man of god can do no wrong so you would always whip up excuses to justify whatever they do no matter how absurd or wrong. Honestly if you were not an ardent arsenal supporter i would have concluded that you were already completely lost.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by sparta(f): 10:23am On Jul 08, 2009
@ Reverend Aio

The fact that it this is a public forum does not mean people should just write anything they like. Slandering other people is never a way to go. There are better ways of presenting issues, even the Bible says "unpleasant words stirreth up strife"

If i have an issue about a minister of God, i think courtesy demands i go about it objectively and not with a biased mind.

I beleive we have a lot of Reedemites on nairaland and am sure they will be glad to answer any objective and not tongue lashing questions about their general overseer. Every human being deserves to be treated with respect. Pastor Adeboye is a human being like you and I and whether or not he is a Pastor is not just the issue .

If an issue is adressed with an attack mode then it means one is acting as though he is perfect. He who has not sinned, let him cast the first stone., wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dead For 23hours, Taken To Heaven & Hell, Sent Back With A Message / Seeing My Late Mom In My Dreams Most Times. ( What Does It Mean) / Prophet Tomi Sylvester Arayomi And Wife Arrested By DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.