Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:45 AM

Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? (4068 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / The Jet Controversy By Tony Rapu. / Efcc Takes Possession Of The Jet Akingbola Bought For Pastor Adeboye Of Reemdee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by Maykelly(f): 10:33am On Jul 08, 2009
What is the genealogy of mohammed and olumba o o, is urgent and will soon expired - pls help ur botherman and sisterwoman. cry
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by KunleOshob(m): 10:46am On Jul 08, 2009
sparta:

@ Reverend Aio

The fact that it this is a public forum does not mean people should just write anything they like. Slandering other people is never a way to go. There are better ways of presenting issues, even the Bible says "unpleasant words stirreth up strife"

If i have an issue about a minister of God, i think courtesy demands i go about it objectively and not with a biased mind.

I beleive we have a lot of Reedemites on nairaland and am sure they will be glad to answer any objective and not tongue lashing questions about their general overseer. Every human being deserves to be treated with respect. Pastor Adeboye is a human being like you and I and whether or not he is a Pastor is not just the issue .

If an issue is adressed with an attack mode then it means one is acting as though he is perfect. He who has not sinned, let him cast the first stone., wink

The issue is when it comes to religion, religious adherents are rarely objective. That is apart from the fact that they deify their religious leaders which is contrary to what the religiuon preaches
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by fyneguy: 6:45pm On Jul 08, 2009
noetic2:

This is the same mentality that brings to question the managerial skills of nigerians.

does the jet also not involve his name? why would he buy a jet is a poverty stricken nation? why did he not make clarifications about the jet? is it because he really bought the jet?

in fact he should have responded to the jet and not the text, cos the text made people pray but the jet made people make comments that do not glorify God. Adeboye was far on the wrong.

Why do you spend N1,000 to eat at an eatery, in a poverty stricken country?
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by Tudor6(f): 7:19pm On Jul 08, 2009
fyneguy:

Why do you spend N1,000  to eat at an eatery, in a poverty stricken country?
because i didn't con poor people into parting with the little they have, in the name of tithes and offerings, promising them blessings if they give and poverty if they dont.
In other words I worked and earned my money!
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by timmy7(m): 9:54pm On Jul 08, 2009
Sho!! What has d purchase of jet got to do with d poverty stricken state of d nation grin would u question dangote or ibb for owning a jet in this poverty stricken nation Na wa o pple sef grin cheesy
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by bawomolo(m): 9:54pm On Jul 08, 2009
Tudór:

because i didn't con poor people into parting with the little they have, in the name of tithes and offerings, promising them blessings if they give and poverty if they dont.
In other words I worked and earned my money!

people still have a choice though. shine your eyes well well.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by insongrata(m): 4:53am On Jul 09, 2009
@tudor & cohorts: This is to inform most of you antichrists that I have the clinical therapy for people suffering from PoLyneuropsychopathogenecosistic misyarnititis.

This disease is symptomised by severe uncontrolled disparages at men of God, while most people suffering from this condition rarely understand their status.

It can also be likened to Mad men trying to claim their sanity rights deeply indulged in lunaticism.

Never you guys mind at all, cause I have enough dose of retropsychomisyarnosis grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by Tudor6(f): 6:46am On Jul 09, 2009
insongrata:

@tudor & cohorts: This is to inform most of you antichrists that I have the clinical therapy for people suffering from PoLyneuropsychopathogenecosistic misyarnititis.

This disease is symptomised by severe uncontrolled disparages at men of God, while most people suffering from this condition rarely understand their status.

It can also be likened to Mad men trying to claim their sanity rights deeply indulged in lunaticism.

Never you guys mind at all, cause I have enough dose of retropsychomisyarnosis grin grin grin grin grin grin 
Is this supposed to be funny? ??
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by KunleOshob(m): 9:50am On Jul 09, 2009
insongrata:

Tudór:

Is this supposed to be funny? ??
He is obviously surrefing from PoLyneuropsychopathogenecosistic misyarnititis as well.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by no21: 10:49am On Jul 09, 2009
Pastor Adeboye should share some lights on the JET.

It was bought with people's Money.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by KunleOshob(m): 10:56am On Jul 09, 2009
no21:

+ his "credibilty" is also at stake. wink
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by kolaoloye(m): 11:02am On Jul 09, 2009
no21:

How much did you contribute towards the project? You can only complain if you are a member of his ministry.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by Tudor6(f): 11:52am On Jul 09, 2009
kola oloye:

How much did you contribute towards the project? You can only complain if you are a member of his ministry.
What is this supposed to mean?
If you perceive something wrong in the body of christ shouldn't you ask questions as a christian? Is it not the moral thing to do?
You bloody christian hypocrites scream "BROTHER'S IN CHRIST" - but when it comes to questioning your church na another story, you tell others to mind their business. Shame!
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by noetic2: 2:20pm On Jul 09, 2009
Tudór:

What is this supposed to mean?
If you perceive something wrong in the body of christ shouldn't you ask questions as a christian? Is it not the moral thing to do?
You bloody christian hypocrites scream "BROTHER'S IN CHRIST" - but when it comes to questioning your church na another story, you tell others to mind their business. Shame!

even an atheist can be this rational on christian dogma's.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by dafidixone(m): 4:04pm On Jul 21, 2009
SMS issue is SPiritual matter while Jet issue is Administrative.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 22, 2009
Then let him attend to his administrative issues as well and gibve account to those who have been contributing there hard eardned money to his organization.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by dafidixone(m): 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2009
To a true Redeemer like me, he is prudent and he is on a clean slate. I will always be ready to give my money to a course championed by someone like him. If you are a true redeemer too, you will understand what I am saying. But to the general public, only your governemts should be held accountable for the poverty situation of the people. There is freedom of association and religion I hope yopu are aware of that. Pastor Adeboye is a man of God you need to keep that in your heart.
the issue of sms came up with fake prophets and immidiately he discerned that he responded accordingly. On the Jet issue, the Redeemers that contributed the money did not complain. or did you contribute anything toward the Jet?
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 23, 2009
@dadifixone
The man has a responsibility to his church to respond to the controversy sorrounding the Jet and set the records straight instead of allowing people to say all sorts [that is if he feels he is accountable to the church]. That apart no prudent preacher of the gospel would indulge in such an excesss as buying a private jet so please spare us that bull that the man is prudent. The truth is that i used to assume that the man was a true man of God, now i am not so sure any more. the best i can say i that he used to be a genuine man of God but now he as allowed all the power money and fame o get to him and he as de-railed[back slided]. I won't blame him though he is only human and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by dafidixone(m): 10:26am On Jul 23, 2009
@dadifixone
The man has a responsibility to his church to respond to the controversy sorrounding the Jet and set the records straight instead of allowing people to say all sorts [that is if he feels he is accountable to the church]. That apart no prudent preacher of the gospel would indulge in such an excesss as buying a private jet so please spare us that bull that the man is prudent. The truth is that i used to assume that the man was a true man of God, now i am not so sure any more. the best i can say i that he used to be a genuine man of God but now he as allowed all the power money and fame o get to him and he as de-railed[back slided]. I won't blame him though he is only human and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I am a Redeem Member I have never seen any controversy over the Jet issue. I don't think any true member has any controversy either. However, if you are a member and yopu have controversy over the issue of Jet, why not attend the next Convention. The G.O will be addressing members and Church Representatives. Are you a worker or a Minister or a Pastor, why not let your church choose you or you can discuss the issue with your pastor to raise it.
If you are non member, you will always have controversy.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by PastorAIO: 10:34am On Jul 23, 2009
One can say that Adeboye is only answerable to members of the Redeemed church but how valid is that?

Does that church not impose itself on the lives of non-members in the most inconvenient of ways?

eg. Surely people only tolerate the hell that he selfishly and callously inflicts on travellers along the lagos-ibadan expressway because they believe that he is a man of God and therefore certain allowances should be made for him.

If he continues to enjoy that status then he needs to demonstrate that he deserves that status.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by Abuzola(m): 10:35am On Jul 23, 2009
@real truth, are you just knowing that nigerian pastor are nothing but dupers, every church is making million in lagos via tithe. I and a friend are working on building one too, we need solid income. Anyone wanna be a partner shd hola me
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by hadancome: 1:09pm On Jul 23, 2009
@POST
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@ALL,
UNA NO DEY SHAME, ARE U NOT ALL XTIANS? WHERE IS UNITY IS CHRISTIANITY? AND U WILL BE CRITICISING OTHER PEOPLES RELIGION. PASTOR NA WAH OOOOOO, JET UR LIFE AWAY JARE
I WISH THERE IS FORUM FOR THE BABALAWOS AND THE ORUNMILLA AND I SEE ANY OF U THERE, SANGO, OGUN, OBATALA AND SOPONO WILL FIRE ALL OF U. senseless people dey fight dem self over their OWN religion, why una no go meet the traditional belivers? isi ewu
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by PastorAIO: 1:33pm On Jul 23, 2009
hadancome:

@ALL,
UNA NO DEY SHAME, ARE U NOT ALL XTIANS? WHERE IS UNITY IS CHRISTIANITY? AND U WILL BE CRITICISING OTHER PEOPLES RELIGION. PASTOR NA WAH OOOOOO, JET UR LIFE AWAY JARE
I WISH THERE IS FORUM FOR THE BABALAWOS AND THE ORUNMILLA AND I SEE ANY OF U THERE, SANGO, OGUN, OBATALA AND SOPONO WILL FIRE ALL OF U. senseless people  dey fight dem self over their OWN religion, why una no go meet the traditional belivers? isi ewu     

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-4427.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-48078.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-259297.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-207887.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-7235.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-135166.0.html

you can eat your heart out!
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? by grace5: 12:50pm On Jul 24, 2009
BEWARE

Let your words be Yes and Amen.
For also in these days I shall harshly judge those who would come against my anointed ones.
Watch your words, let them be seasoned always with much love and grace.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Some Black People + Religion+ Illiteracy+poverty+ Superstitions = / The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary / Reason You Should Seek To Be Humble As A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.