Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,332 members, 7,940,321 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 10:53 PM

Penastory Love Contest Entry #13 – JEGEDE OLUWAKAYODE - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Penastory Love Contest Entry #13 – JEGEDE OLUWAKAYODE (440 Views)

Announcement Of Penastory Love Contest 2016 Winners / Penastory Love Contest Entry #12 – ENIOLA LONGE / Penastory Love Contest Entry #2 – ADESINA OLORUNTORERA TAMILORE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Penastory Love Contest Entry #13 – JEGEDE OLUWAKAYODE by Abisoyee(m): 1:55pm On Feb 18, 2016
http://penastory.com/2016/02/18/penastory-love-contest-entry-13-jegede-oluwakayode/

Death still smelled on our bodies. It dwelt with us and fed on our joy, our peace. We were helpless and hapless as hope for safety seemed like building castles in the air with the latest car models driven therein. Death dealt with us void of compassion in Maiduguri. Running became inevitable!

We were stacked in the truck like tomatoes from the North even though

it took us miles away from impending death orchestrated by terrorists. Most of us looked battered and broken having lost relatives. The stench of agony filled the air throughout our journey, rendering us to stare miserably at the forests we passed by.

Aisha placed her head on my shoulder and slumbered. We were only 15, perhaps too little for the anguish we saw back home, but a little stroke of bliss for me was travelling to a camp with the girl that has enveloped my thoughts in cold nights, the girl that coordinated my moods every day at Goza College. She was Fulani with the characteristic adorable Fulani looks. Eyes that further lit up the stars in the nights we held hands, and like the dew’s soothing touch on waiting leaves, her touch sent refreshing sensations through my veins. Teases and laughter persisted as my fingers never ceased sliding through her long hairs. I was probably too young to fall in love but in Aisha’s heart, I discovered love that damned age barriers!

I was deeply inundated by these love reflections when our truck dashed into a large pot-hole. We joggled roughly as though we were meats shook well in a pot for effective mixture with ingredients. Aisha woke up, looked me in the eyes, and decided to lay on my laps. Our journey continued.

My mind flashed through our first kiss. I always saw movies with scenes of deep kisses and often placed fantasies in my head, on my bed. I was yet to feel the softness of her lips, but I would fondly imagine my lips meeting hers, with the intertwining of our tongues and subsequent caresses that would get ‘me’ hard till I dozed off at nights. After school hours that day, we held hands mute and motionless in our class. Our unspoken words sent more messages and penetrated deeper in our hearts. We stood and stared into each other eyes with so much intent while the butterflies were busy tingling in our bellies. I touched the insignia ‘Assistant Head girl’ on the badge on her chest and then brought her face nearer.

My pleasurable thoughts halted as I observed Aisha’s movements in the truck. I threw a swift glance at her and saw Aisha with a miniature device under her hijab with few thick wires and red lights blinking intermittently. Still on my laps, she crookedly tapped a button on this device and before I could scream, she whispered to me;

‘Abubakar, I’d love you forever’

Death yet smelled on our bodies!

Help this contestant win by liking this post on our BBM Channel via C00396EEB, if you are reading from mobile click: http://pin.bbm.com/C00396EEB and also like on our Instagram Page @pen_a_story

Source: PenAStory www.penastory.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

POEM: I And My Other Self / Tomato Brouhaha / Check Out This Inspirational Monday Quote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.