Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,273 members, 7,960,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 12:18 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread (68573 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 2:16pm On Aug 27, 2009
Krayola2:

Chelsea has gone far in the competition most consistently in recent years. Man utd is only on par because of the last 2 years. . .previously they have been consistently shambolic in europe. Na Cristiano Ronaldo cause dem to get small mouth but he is now gone.

Cristiano Ronaldo was Man Utd's player. . . . .Bought as a teenager, developed into a machine.
It's like saying Barca was brilliant in Europe because of Samuel Eto'o. . . . .Why didn't the managers of the other clubs buy him?
Y'all don't have a prayer.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Naturez(m): 2:34pm On Aug 27, 2009
I hate it when people talk about Ronaldo as United's Saviour. Haven't United bought and used great players better than Ronaldo in the past? They got him too and they'll get another for sure! Watch out for Macheda you fools.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 27, 2009
I hate it when people talk about Ronaldo as United's Saviour. Haven't United bought and used great players better than Ronaldo in the past? They got him too and they'll get another for sure! Watch out for Macheda you fools.

Macheda? shocked shocked you are the bigger fool.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Naturez(m): 3:06pm On Aug 27, 2009
Gaggi:

Macheda? shocked shocked you are the bigger fool.

When Ronaldo was bought then,shit heads like you condemned him. Wait! you'll be alive when Macheda will be done machine like Rooney is now and your face will grow feaces of cockroach. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Naturez(m): 3:08pm On Aug 27, 2009
Just sit back relax and watch. Don't be in a rush,Ronaldo spent 3 years in United shirt before stunning the world you know.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by MrCrackles(m): 3:11pm On Aug 27, 2009
[/font]
Naturez:

Ya bloody scum-morons said the same thing with Guiseppe Rossi!
We are watching!
Scum-born buncha Obertans!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 3:18pm On Aug 27, 2009
G. Rossi is better than bendtner
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 3:28pm On Aug 27, 2009
tkb417:

He is better than Van Persie.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by jaybee3(m): 3:32pm On Aug 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

u sure sauron? even though i detest anything gayners i would have been more comfortable with G Rossi will be much better than VP in x years time.
U know you are the stats man and i'm sure VP stats is currently way better than G rossi
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by MrCrackles(m): 3:35pm On Aug 27, 2009
tkb417:

I laugh in Boko-Haram TKB419! grin
~Sauron~:

Loads of gobblydygooks and poppycocks as usual from Sharon!
I am not suprised. . .
Obertan is better than Arshavin
Wellbeck is better than Wallcott
And even Macheda is prolly better than Henry. . . As seen through the thick focal lenses worn by Sharon!
Useless buncha Obertan!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 3:36pm On Aug 27, 2009
jay bee:

u sure sauron? even though i detest anything gayners i would have been more comfortable with G Rossi will be much better than VP in x years time.
U know you are the stats man and i'm sure VP stats is currently way better than G rossi

Are you aware Van Persie is yet to score 12 league goals in his entire career?
Rossi has managed that with Villareal.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by jaybee3(m): 3:38pm On Aug 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

Are you aware Van Persie is yet to score 12 goals in his entire career?
Rossi has managed that with Villareal.
what's the average goals per game in EPL compared to spanish league?
It's probably harder to score shit loads in EPL compared to spanish league.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 3:41pm On Aug 27, 2009
MrCrackles:

I laugh in Boko-Haram TKB419! ;DLoads of gobblydygooks and poppycocks as usual from Sharon!
I am not suprised. . .
Obertan is better than Arshavin
Wellbeck is better than Wallcott
And even Macheda is prolly better than Henry. . . As seen through the thick focal lenses worn by Sharon!
Useless buncha Obertan!

so bentdner is better than G.Rossi?

you need some spiritual clensing
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 3:42pm On Aug 27, 2009
jay bee:

what's the average goals per game in EPL compared to spanish league?
It's probably harder to score shit loads in EPL compared to spanish league.

That argument does not hold water. . . . . . .
It cannot justify why Van Persie is yet score 12 league goals in his career.
Is it also harder to score in the Eredivisie? Lets be truthful for once. . . . . .Van Persie is dud.

Have u seen Rossi with Italy?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Krayola2(m): 3:47pm On Aug 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

Cristiano Ronaldo was Man Utd's player. . . . .Bought as a teenager, developed into a machine.
It's like saying Barca was brilliant in Europe because of Samuel Eto'o. . . . .Why didn't the managers of the other clubs buy him?
Y'all don't have a prayer.

It's not like that at all. All I said is that Christiano Ronaldo's excellent performances helped u get to where you did. Till he stepped his game up and became the great player he now is Man Utd didn't do shit in Europe. I never implied that he was the ONLY player that did well for you, or that Man Utd isn't responsible for making him the great player that he is, I'm just saying na christiano ronaldo cause una to get mouth. Cristiano scored 8 CL goals the year u won it.

Eto'o scored 4 goals in europe last season, henry scored 5, and Messi scored 9. .  so where we brilliant in Europe because of Eto'o? I doubt it. Because of Messi? perhaps.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 3:52pm On Aug 27, 2009
Krayola2:

Eto'o scored 4 goals in europe last season, henry scored 5, and Messi scored 9. .  so where we brilliant in Europe because of Eto'o? I doubt it. Because of Messi? perhaps.

Barcelona won the UCL in 2006 without Messi, no?

Eto'o's goals in 2006 and 2009 finals guaranteed UCL titles for Barcelona.
U needed Eto'o's goals in the league to guarantee La Liga.
I can as well say no Eto'o, no Barcelona but i don't function on a single-digit IQ like most of y'all.

The likes of Iniesta, Xavi, Pique, Toure and Keita were all vital.
Messi can score 300 goals per match but if the defence is leaky, Barcelona wouldn't have been nowhere.
United's rise in Europe had nothing to do with Ronaldo. . . . .It is more to do with Rio/Vidic axis.
How many goals did United concede in 2007/8 season on their way to the final?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Emperoh(m): 3:54pm On Aug 27, 2009
tkb417:

so bentdner is better than G.Rossi?

you need some spiritual clensing

They watched the Confederations cup with B;ack and White Television
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by jaybee3(m): 4:02pm On Aug 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

Have u seen Rossi with Italy?
yes i have and dats why i said in few years time he his def going to be way better than VP
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 4:10pm On Aug 27, 2009
jay bee:

yes i have and dats why i said in few years time he his def going to be way better than VP

I am very sure he is better than Van Persie as we speak.
Last season, he copped 12 goals and 7 assists(from open play) in 28 league starts for Villareal.
He is loads better than Van Persie. . . .the only snag is he plays for a less-attractive team.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by HNIC(m): 4:14pm On Aug 27, 2009
@Mr Crackles,
i wonder why you argue with these guys.
~Keane is better than Vieira~
~RVN is better than Henry~
~Evans is better that Gallas+Toure+Senderos+Verm~
~Kiko is better than RVP+Bendtner~
~Obertan is better that Arshavin~
~Anderson is better than Fab4~
Phew
Any more?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by HNIC(m): 4:18pm On Aug 27, 2009
Meanwhile
I am expecting your deranged fans to chant your famous hymn on saturday at Old Toilet
'Arsene wenger is a f@&king Paedophile'
Hopefully, after 3 or 4 chants, all of them will lose their voice grin
buncha Obertans!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Krayola2(m): 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

Barcelona won the UCL in 2006 without Messi, no?

Eto'o's goals in 2006 and 2009 finals guaranteed UCL titles for Barcelona.
U needed Eto'o's goals in the league to guarantee La Liga.
I can as well say no Eto'o, no Barcelona but i don't function on a single-digit IQ like most of y'all.

The likes of Iniesta, Xavi, Pique, Toure and Keita were all vital.
Messi can score 300 goals per match but if the defence is leaky, Barcelona wouldn't have been nowhere.
United's rise in Europe had nothing to do with Ronaldo. . . . .It is more to do with Rio/Vidic axis.
How many goals did United concede in 2007/8 season on their way to the final?

No eto'o goals, no trophies for Barcelona. . . .In the last 5 years that has been true. . . the two seasons Eto'o was injured for the most part, and we had to rely on ronaldinho, we didn't win shit. . . difference is, though, Messi was injured too for most of both seasons.  wink The point is that both those players have been indispensable as far as our winning trophies goes. their contributions have been such a major part of our success that without both of them we wouldn't be where we are. Even last season when we didn't have Messi we struggled. .  our worst patch of last season was when Messi was out injured. That is why these guys are GREAT players, like Cristiano Ronaldo has been in the last few years. There is no shame in admitting it. . . It is just the fact of the matter. Cristiano Ronaldo WILL BE MISSED. Like Eto'o will be missed if Ibra does not live up to expectations. Being a fan of a team doesn't mean u should not ever be reasonable when discussing your team. Personally I see it as a sign of immaturity. But that's just me, and I'm sure i don't matter.  .right? tongue

That is why we made sure we replaced eto'o with a quality player, someone that has proven that he has what is takes to play for  team like Barcelona. If Ibra flops we might be screwed, who knows? . . .You have no replacement for Christiano Ronaldo (U say Nani but that has to be the joke of the century). . . so we just have to wait and see how it goes. . . I'm sure Ferguson has something in mind, but we are yet to see it. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2009
Van persie is a certified dud. When a so called striker cant score 15 goals in over 5 seasons
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 4:29pm On Aug 27, 2009
dayokanu:

Van persie is a certified dud. When a so called striker cant score 15 goals in over 5 seasons

He has not scored 12 league goals since he was born. . . . . .That is a FACT!!!!

@ Krayola,

Of course, Ronaldo will be missed but not as much as the ABUs are ranting.
Nani can step into Ronaldo's shoes. . . . .
Had Ronaldo/Giggsy being on the pitch against Wigan, we wouldn't have known Nani can score a freekick from 30 yards.
What is to say Nani won't score 25 goals this season? Did u ever think Ronaldo could score 42 in 2007/8 season?

As for Barcelona, nothing has really changed.
U guys can afford to sign a liability like Ibrahimovic because you still have Bojan, Messi, Henry and Iniesta(who can tuck as a forward on the left side).
Signing Ibra was an overkill. . . . .It's like United signing Michael Owen.
So whether Ibra fires or flops, Barcelona are still a threat in Spain and in Europe.

Personally, i don't rate Ibrahimovic. . . . .He is a continental fraud.

@ HNIC,

This was Martin Samuel's verdict when he tried to do a mega-mash up between Liverpool and Man Utd players.
In the end, he concluded only 3 Liverpool players will play in Man Utd.
I am also bold to say only 3 Arsenal players will start in Man Utd(Fabregas, Arshavin and prolly Sagna).

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 4:33pm On Aug 27, 2009
twats think they are gonna beat UTD
i laff in tongues

so so noise and when they get flogged they start dancing reggae
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by HNIC(m): 4:43pm On Aug 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

@ HNIC,

[b]This was Martin Samuel's verdict when he tried to do a mega-mash up between Liverpool and Man Utd players.[/b]In the end, he concluded only 3 Liverpool players will play in Man Utd.
I am also bold to say only 3 Arsenal players will start in Man Utd(Fabregas, Arshavin and prolly Sagna).

Martin Samuel is a Manc'
What else would he say?
The same L'Pool team beat you guys home and away last season.
Where's Alonso on that list?or Mascherano??
Fletcher, Giggs??
I told u the guy is a Scummie grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Emperoh(m): 4:52pm On Aug 27, 2009
HNIC:

Martin Samuel is a Manc'
What else would he say?
The same L'Pool team beat you guys home and away last season.
Fletcher, Giggs??

Well beating us was a one off thing. . . . . . . so because Man City beat us home and away two season's ago then they are better init!!
In any case, I think ALonso should be in this team. In place of Gerard. I woulda said Fletcher but Gerard is playing outta position and will be terriblt ineffective.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 4:56pm On Aug 27, 2009
HNIC:

Fletcher, Giggs??

Who the Bleep is Alonso n Mascherano?
Did Alonso win a league title in England? Somebody wake me i am dreaming.
Fletcher/Giggsy made Chelsea look like plonkers last season. . . . . .Fletcher raped Arsenal home n away last season.

I don't wanna waste words. . . . .How many Arsenal players will get into the United starting XI?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 5:14pm On Aug 27, 2009
What is Van Der Sar doing in Monaco?
See this boy. . . . . .He should be preparing for the Arsenal game on Saturday.
I thought he broke his fingers. . . . .Whatz he gonna use to pick the balls?

Bayern, Juventus, Bordeaux, Maccabi Haifa in Group A

Man Utd, CSKA Moscow, Beskitas, Wolfsburg  in Group B

AC Milan, Real Madrid, Marseille, FC Zurich in Group C

Chelsea, FC Porto, Athletico Madrid, Apoel FC  in Group D

Liverpool, Lyon, Fiorentina, Debreceni  in Group E

Barcelona, Inter Milan, Dynamo Kiev, FC Rubin Kazan in Group F

Sevilla FC, Rangers, Stuttgart,  Urinea Urcizeni  in Group G

Arsenal, AZ Alkmaar, Olympiakos, Standard Liege in Group H

Van Der Saar won the UEFA goalkeeper of the YEAR!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by HNIC(m): 5:21pm On Aug 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

Who the Bleep is Alonso n Mascherano?
Did Alonso win a league title in England? Somebody wake me i am dreaming.
Alonso is class!!!
he may not have won anything in england, but he's a good player
~Sauron~:

. . . .How many Arsenal players will get into the United starting XI?
it's the other way round.
how many Man u players will get into arsenal?
The only player I would have loved to have has left! CR7
Berbatov. . .No thanks
Rooney. . . No thanks
Park  grin grin grin
Evra, no way
Ok, . . . I will add Vidic
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by BinghiNya(m): 5:25pm On Aug 27, 2009
Fletcher has achieved what the great henry couldn't do in the EPL. Has won the epl on 3 occasions. fa cup, UCL,World club cup et al.

9 of United's starting 11 will make arsenal's 11. fabregas is not even worthy of a starting berth in United only Arshavin and VP. Others are shiiiit. O'shea has scored more against Arsenal than VP against Man U. Rooney made his name riding bicycle against Arsenal as a 16 year old and he has never looked back.Park, fletcher,o'shea.scholes,giggs,berbatova have all scored trailer loads a goals against Arsenal, what can we say of Arsenal's players against United.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 5:26pm On Aug 27, 2009
HNIC:

how many Man u players will get into arsenal?
The only player I would have loved to have has left! CR7
Berbatov. . .No thanks
Rooney. . . No thanks
Park  grin grin grin
Evra, no way
Ok,  . . . I will add Vidic

VDS, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Rooney, Nani, Anderson and Carrick will ALL play in Man Utd.
Only an idiot will choose Almunia/Clichy over VDS/Evra.
There was a reason Evra said MEN against boys. grin grin grin grin

JOHN TERRY won Defender Of The Year again? This is utter crap.
Sack Platini, sell TERRY.

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (101)

PSG Vs Bayern Munich Champions League Final (0 - 1) On 23rd August 2020 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.