Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,698 members, 7,882,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 11:28 PM

2muchlogic's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2muchlogic's Profile / 2muchlogic's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (of 5 pages)

Politics / Re: africa, the cursed land. by 2muchlogic(m): 2:18pm On Jun 10, 2011
Cursed? no, try to be more objective and look at the facts.  Africa simply needs better managers, look at what Fashola has done after one term in Lagos, without impediments in a corrupt system he could have done more.  Management encompasses many different disciplines finance, technology, economics, warfare etc and africans have failed to manage their countries properly! 

One of the bigest problems is the fact that the Europeans drew crazy maps which grouped people with nothing in common and also wiped out other relations overnight. The solution?

1. The establishment of professional, independent institutions to facilitate a conducive environment for the development of business and technology

2. An overhaul of the eurocentric political system in favour of an African centered system.

3. Establishment of more free trade areas all over Africa for Africans.
Politics / Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by 2muchlogic(m): 1:19am On Jun 07, 2011
Wizardofoz:

[size=15pt]It is about holding our politicians to higher standard. Demanding more from them and forcing them to justify their actions, and advancing our democracy.

Replacing the more articulate Dr. Mamora with Remi Tinubu isnt just wrong, it is morally contemptuous. We are short changing ourselves with moves like that![/size]

very well put  cheesy wink smiley
Politics / Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by 2muchlogic(m): 1:04am On Jun 07, 2011
isale_gan2:

grin grin grin grin grin  This has taken a hilarious turn!  Leave Cap (and his wife which is not me) out of it.  I got enough to deal with.  cheesy 

But please quote the insult, rude remarks and the personal attacks.  I repeated a word (which our ever-so-wonderful mod has asked me to remove) used by a poster.  That is all.  If someone (YOU) wishes to belittle a vital and natural part of womanhood, don't be surprised if someone (ME) who was born of a woman takes offense and reads them (YOU) the riot act.  Simple!  

You are an afrocentric sister, ma worry; motherhood is the hardest profession.

isale_gan2:

I am not a supporter of Tinubu or his wife; I responded to what caught my eye.  Take it however you wish.

so your not an ACN member?  grin

isale_gan2:

I reiterate my points in my earlier post above.  Feel free to refute any of them.  Read about the Kennedys and get some knowledge about Hilary Clinton and come back to me.  

of course I know about Mrs Clinton and the Kennedy's. J P Kennedy made his fortune during the prohibition days, used the proceeds to fund his sons campaign for the the american presidency BUT JFK was clearly a better leader than Tinubu anyday! But the man Tinubu wants to be, the great Awolowo to me was better.  Hilary again is simply better than Remi Tinubu if you are basing it on academic achievements and track records (IN PUBLIC LIFE).
Politics / Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by 2muchlogic(m): 12:43am On Jun 07, 2011
isale_gan2:

You don't have a clue about blah blah blah

You are from isale eko so I can understand why you butted in with your rude comments. If my comments hurt you so bad and you are not smart enough to argue your points without insults and personal attacks - please feel free to ignore my comments. Even your husband cap28 is a friend, carm down and stop being silly

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=645293.msg8114070#msg8114070
Politics / Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by 2muchlogic(m): 12:29am On Jun 07, 2011

@dayokanu
Whats corrupt about Remi Tinubu representing her constituency at the senate?

Nothing but
1. The proces was dodgy
2. Why is she the most qualified?
3. It would be crazy to suggest that Asiwaju did not have anything to do with it - whould she have been chosen of she was not Tinubus wife?

@dayokanu
Princeton one of the best Univerisities in America, Ife one of the best Universities in Nigeria

She actually went to Yale (my mistake), I think any sane person would agree that Yale or Princeton is light years ahead of university of Ife  grin grin grin
Politics / Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by 2muchlogic(m): 10:15pm On Jun 06, 2011
dayokanu:

Remi is a Lawyer, trained in Ife, One of the best University in Nigeria and is now a Senator

Draw parallels

Draw parallels between a former housewife and full-time professional lady like Hilary or between Princeton and Ife which one?  grin grin

dayokanu:

If it happens in advanced America why not in Nigeria?

Well there you go, again if thats your response to:
[size=13pt]Yes, Dubya was the son of Bush and GOD told him in church one day to be the president of the land of the free - we all know what the result was.  Thats what happens when corruption prevails and one family gets its way, do you see Jebb Bush running anytime soon? Do we Yoruba people want to follow that kind of example? [/size]

Are you sure you love your own people? You want corruption to prevail and economic ruin to follow?  grin grin grin grin grin grin
Politics / Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by 2muchlogic(m): 9:57pm On Jun 06, 2011
naijababe:

Okay this is part I want you to pay attention to due to their birth.

It's a fact of life that some people are simply going to get ahead by virtue of their birth, from America to Nigeria or wherever.

There you go again, cherry picking  grin grin grin grin I said:--

[size=15pt]As Yoruba people we need to move forward and start encouraging worldclass leadership, based on meritocracy, without interference from people who have power due to their birth.[/size]

You must take my words in totality, otherwise you will be referring to what i am saying out of context; let me know the part that needs further clarification.
Politics / Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by 2muchlogic(m): 9:39pm On Jun 06, 2011
naijababe:

Seems to me like you after Utopia. Good luck with that

So serving with transparency, excellence, ethics and accountability is seeking Utopia? You are the ultimate pessimist  undecided
Politics / Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by 2muchlogic(m): 9:37pm On Jun 06, 2011
dayokanu:

The family of the Keneddies have been contesting elections ever since and been winning

Are you comparing the Tinubu's with the Kennedy's? have fun  grin grin grin grin

dayokanu:

Bill Clintons wife contested for the Democratic ticket

Hillary is a world class Lawyer who met bill at princeton (an Ivy league university), they both participated in a political career.  She did not cook egusi soup and eba for 10 years then wake up and say she wanted to be a politician.

dayokanu:

George H Bush sons were President and Governor of Florida

Yes, Dubya was the son of Bush and GOD told him in church one day to be the president of the land of the free - we all know what the result was.  Thats what happens when corruption prevails and one family gets its way, do you see Jebb Bush running anytime soon? Do we Yoruba people want to follow that kind of example?  grin grin grin grin

dayokanu:

I ask whats wrong with Tinubus wife being Senator?

Can you tell me what makes her the best candidate; what are the unique qualities of this lady that will bring about progress? Dose Remi Tinubu she have any track record in politics? How was she chosen?
Politics / Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by 2muchlogic(m): 9:19pm On Jun 06, 2011
naijababe:

You are a funny man  grin. My point is ' who would you rather  have as Asiwaju ?'

Scrap the titles, the system is rotten; we need to elect ethical politicians and if they do not perform - bye, bye.  

The Alaafin, the Ooni, and the Obas should do their job of protecting and promoting Yoruba culture, which in turn will promote tourism – they need to stay out of politics.  As Yoruba people we need to move forward and start encouraging worldclass leadership, based on meritocracy, without interference from people who have power due to their birth.
Politics / Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by 2muchlogic(m): 9:04pm On Jun 06, 2011
I have a few questions, which will help us clarify whether Mr Tinubu is the  Asiwaju of Yorubaland:

(eni) Is the fact that femi otedola's father and Wale Tinubus Uncle a govenor of lagos the reason
they both make hundreds of millions of dollars in the energy markets?

(eji) Is it right that the Asiwaju awon eyan yoruba should be the main beneficiary of its biggest
tax collection firm?

(eta) what is the leadership selection process of ACN?

(erin) Why is it that The Alaafin and The Ooni are not offering the title to him? If he was such a great leader he would be begged to accept such a title.

(arun) Why are there constant allegations of corruption against Tinubu?

(efa) Why has his wife entered politics at the highest level after being a housewife for years?

(eje) What is the criteria for an Asiwaju of Yorubaland?
Politics / Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by 2muchlogic(m): 8:58pm On Jun 06, 2011
naijababe:

[size=18pt]Okay Tinubu is a terrible man, he's corrupt and he foisted his crony on Lagos[/size]. Please tell me if the same achievements of his 'crony' are now so negligible that Tinubu should now be cast as enemy number one given that the opposition from Oyo to Ogun to Ekiti to Lagos were abysmal failures. Given the choice, [size=18pt]I'd choose a 'crony' of Tinubu over the opposition[/size] as evidently recorded in recent elections.

thats what you call honesty, I think the short-comings of your views are obvious

naijababe:

So his wife has no right to vie for office because she was once a housewife? I don't follow; please explain.

No, I asked for an explanation why she made such a decision and what made her the best candidate, do you think if she was not ms Tinubu she would win?

But to be honset, in typical NL fashion you have skipped my question and cherry picked a few so i will re-list them laterwink wink
Politics / Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by 2muchlogic(m): 8:29pm On Jun 06, 2011
[size=27pt]<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< BACK TO THE TOPIC! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>[/size]

[size=21pt]Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland[/size]

[size=13pt]Is the fact that femi otedola's father and Wale Tinubus Uncle a govenor of lagos the reason they both make hundreds of millions of dollars in the energy markets?
Is it right that the Asiwaju awon eyan yoruba should be the main beneficiary of its biggest tax collection firm?
what is the leadership selection process of ACN?
Why is it that The Alaafin and The Ooni are not offering the title to him? If he was such a great leader he would be begged to accept such a title.
Why are there constant allegations of corruption against Tinubu?
Why has his wife entered politics at the highest level after being a housewife for years?
What is the criteria for an Asiwaju of Yorubaland?[/size]
Foreign Affairs / Re: Is The Us College Education System A Scam? by 2muchlogic(m): 2:26pm On Jun 04, 2011
cap28:

Most people beleive that a college (university) education increases your chances of earning more and making a greater financial success of your life,-  according to the findings set out in this video the  jobs for college grads in the US are drying up while the cost of going to college continues to sky rocket.

For those students who are not from rich familiies and who cant afford to pay upfront for their fees, borrowing from the banks is the only way they can fund a college education, unfortunately this leads to many students ending up with massive debt even before they have secured a job. 

For this reason many commentators are wondering whether the US college system is based on a system of deception ie luring young people into acquiring a college education and getting them caught up in debt without explaining that they may find it almost impossible to secure a job at the end of it.   
[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpZtX32sKVE&feature/pyv&ad/6739540474&kw/celente[/flash]

It dose make you wonder, the English educational system is going down the same route.  Tuition fees have tripled! and a degree is now fast becoming the preserve of the rich or poor who are willing to incur debts of around £25,000. Thats around $50,000! so can you image a family of say 3 will run up debt of something like $150k; what if they want to do a masters or doctorate degree?  wink wink
Foreign Affairs / Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2muchlogic(m): 1:45pm On Jun 04, 2011
2011 millitary expenditure:

Country GDP rank % of GDP rank Millitary Spending

South Africa $504,600,000,000 26 1.7% 93 $8,578,200,000

Nigeria $341,100,000,000 33 1.5% 101 $5,116,500,000

Ethiopia $77,360,000,000 79 0.0% IISS $870,000,000

Libya $84,920,000,000 74 3.9% 26 $3,311,880,000

Egypt $468,700,000,000 27 0.6% 161 $2,812,200,000

Angola $106,200,000,000 66 3.6% 34 $3,823,200,000

source: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/spending.htm

Its common knowledge that there is a strong correlation between economic strength and military might; therefore SA and Nigeria are the Most powerful in Africa. We all know that South Africas military (and everything else) is and was built by the Boers, how many south African soldiers are black? so lets not fool ourselves. Whilst the Egyptians are Arabs/Africans/Muslims/, and their military is funded by American aid - around $2 billion a year! So if we take those facts into consideration coupled with the fact that Nigeria has the largest (very young) population in Africa - Nigeria is the most powerful military force in Africa at present is Nigeria.
Foreign Affairs / Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2muchlogic(m): 1:32pm On Jun 04, 2011
umaru41:

Someone said Ethiopia and eritrea, Are u kidding? Those malnourished people are not even strong enough to man an AK47. I have dogs bigger than those people. The top 3 best military in Africa based on weapons, technology and money to run a war.

1). Egypt - Even though they are located on the African continent, they r not really considered africans. Libyans are more africans than these sand niggers
2). Nigeria - May not have the latest technologically weapons, and not fully trained, they have the money to acquire them. Also have the man power to go further in war
3). SA - Has the current systems but lack the money and man power to go the long haul in a war.

grin

Interesting, so many said Libya and Egypt were the strongest armies in Africa, LOL, well I will let current affairs speak for me. Any nation can defeat the west in a gorilla war history has proven that, they can't even defeat the Taliban!

Others even mentioned Ethiopia and eritrea LOL!!!!! Any where the majority of people are not black in Africa has the strongest army - thats the mentality of the typical UNCONFIDENT African LOL!
Foreign Affairs / Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by 2muchlogic(m): 1:03pm On Jun 04, 2011
MandingoII:

[center][size=14pt]The TRUTH is that American new killing machines DO NOT WORK very well.

they CRASH into the ground and into each other.

You do hear how cruise missles and drones kill people by accident ON THE REGULAR.  yet the MEDIA do not report it.

besides 33+% of our Tax dollars goes to the MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX.

It is a mutha/f/u/c/k/i/n shame that this country spends close to 40% of its tax dollars on KILLING devices.

A country that does this is NOT a health country and is a Predator.
[/size][/center]

Foreign Affairs / Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by 2muchlogic(m): 12:47pm On Jun 04, 2011
Foreign Affairs / Re: Yemen President Saleh Killed? by 2muchlogic(m): 10:41pm On Jun 03, 2011
Eziachi:

The news you got was that the guy is alive after an attempt on his life but you decided to ask if he is killed? What is wrong with you?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LMAO!
Politics / Re: NATO Undermines Libya Peace Efforts: Zuma by 2muchlogic(m): 10:48pm On May 30, 2011
playmode:

Ghadaffi helped the South Africans alot during apartheid ,he contributed money and armed the cubans who fought alongside Zuma when he was still a commander of the Mkati Sizwe (ANC military wing).Unfortunately he is the only one who has made an attempt to stand up to Nato.The other African presidents are too chicken scared to dare speak out against NATO.

Yes thats right, Ghadaffi also spent many years and dollars funding terrorism and trying to become the king of Africa, don't forget he use to sponsor the IRA who use to launch bombing campaigns in England grin grin grin grin The other leaders? who are they? I can't see Jonathan Badluck opposing anything to do with the western powers and the rest of the so called African leaders will simply be treated as irritating little flies. Its easy to observe that NATO is also clueless and since war-monger Gaddaffi has not been scared by their bombs they do not have a plan B. All the talk of Apache helicopters is designed to scare Gaddaffi whilst they think of what to do. The outcome is far from certain, and the longer it goes on the more insignificant the death of Gaddaffi will be just like Osama.
Politics / Re: NATO Undermines Libya Peace Efforts: Zuma by 2muchlogic(m): 10:29pm On May 30, 2011
Sun of god:

The 'Arab League' and 'EU' have more say in Africa than the 'AU'shocked

That's the predicament we find ourselves in - Its tragic.

France, England, China and the USA have more say in Africa as individual countries than the AU; the AU is a very bad joke. But I admire Zuma for trying to give the toothless organisation some sub-saharan credibility grin grin grin
Politics / Re: Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others by 2muchlogic(m): 8:42pm On May 30, 2011
cheikh:

2muchlogic

@2muchlogic  ^^

You are a very optimistic  person indeed grin.

I'm positive, optimistic man yes  grin grin grin grin

cheikh:

You obviously do not understand the underlying socio-political dynamics of our society. Cameras are not even tolerated in some public places like airports, around banks, near military and police depots etc.  [size=13pt]There is no law against cameras[/size]

You are wrong, but I can understand why you got that impression (didn't have time to write more than 8 words).  if you look at my post that preceded it I asked:

What I would like to ask is what about video evidence in Nigeria? Isn't vivid footage of corruption admissible in court? What stops the local and state government from installing cameras in areas where residents have reported this kind of activity?

Then i was about to answer my own question by saying that there is so much corruption from the top to the common man on the street that a solution is impossible.  As your post has indicated filming is not illegal but nobody dose it.  If the so called secret services are around how can they arrest hundreds of people at once and destroy all of the footage? The footage can be beamed all over the world on the internet so the culprits can be exposed and humiliated.  The people can film SECRETLY with stealth cameras, but the question is do they want the change? No! Its easier to drive an uninsured car and bribe the policeman, its easier to drive wrecklessly and bribe the officer, its easier to drive without a driving license and bribe the police etc.

But more importantly, the politicians will make sure the police are as weak as hell, why? So they can remain above the law. Thats how Nigerians have remained in bondage for decades, look at IBB, and Buhari even had the guts to contest.  In the uk policemen can and have questioned the prime minister of the country, and politicians and if they are guilty they will go to jail.  But in Nigeria, the only policeman that will do that is an officer that wants to die quick!

The bottom line is that most Nigerians have become corrupt as a means of survival and and the politicians are corrupt to maintain their greedy grip on power - its a stalemate cry cry  Oh well, it will get worse under Jonathan Badluck
Politics / Re: Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others by 2muchlogic(m): 12:50pm On May 30, 2011
cctv monitoring will help to solve the problem  smiley smiley
Politics / Re: Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others by 2muchlogic(m): 10:31am On May 30, 2011
cheikh:

You are actually advocating a coup d'Etat grin grin. The head is Rotten so the rest of the body follows wink. In a country where nothing meaningful is manufactured, the President acquires four(4) presidential jets in less than twenty four months in power, what does that say to the rest of the followers? Our priorities are misplaced. Profligacy and inherent tendency to live beyond our means informs our actions usually negative. It's almost like a national culture. A thorough transformation of all our institutions (A-Z) is needed. Backwardness is very costly but unfortunately in our domain it has become naturalised and seemingly normal. It's shameful sad and disabling. It manifests itself in general [b]indiscipline [/b]and [b]tolerance [/b]for all manner bad behaviour by so called 'gatekeepers' or 'moral guardians' even the religious zealots amongst us are part of the social decay/problem.

What I would like to ask is what about video evidence in Nigeria? Isn't vivid footage of corruption admissible in court? What stops the local and state government from installing cameras in areas where residents have reported this kind of activity?
Programming / Re: Win 3.8 Million Naira in The Android Developer Challenge - submit your apps now! by 2muchlogic(m): 9:48am On May 30, 2011
Where are all the programming gurus on this section? I thought this section was full of skills grin grin

1 Like

Programming / Win 3.8 Million Naira in The Android Developer Challenge - submit your apps now! by 2muchlogic(m): 6:48pm On May 29, 2011
I found this and I though that all of you budding Zuckerbergs would be interested, please make this one a sticky, it would be good to see some Naija coders represent  grin grin grin grin grin

Exciting apps that delight and thrill mobile users—built by developers like you—are a huge part of the Android vision. To support you in your efforts, Google is launching the Android Developer Challenge for Sub Saharan Africa, which will provide awards for great mobile apps. To enter, create an Android app in one of the categories below, submit and be entered to win!
Want to get started hacking now and learn more? Join one of our Android Developer Launch events across Sub Saharan Africa.

ategories for entries include entertainment, media and games; social networking and communications; and productivity, tools and lifestyle. Winners will each receive an Android phone and $25,000 (USD).

http://code.google.com/android/adcafrica/
Foreign Affairs / Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by 2muchlogic(m): 10:24pm On May 24, 2011
The media has gone quiet on Gaddafi recently, thats a bit puzzling
Computers / Re: How Do Nigerians Afford The N16,000 Per Month Internet Bill. This Is Like $160 by 2muchlogic(m): 3:27pm On May 18, 2011
JUO:

i don't understand what u guys mean by unlimited. is it mtn 8k for 5gb or glo 7k for 6gb you call unlimited? somebody explain to me

It means unlimited, as in download as much as you like for as long as you like - no limit.  whereas if they say 5GB or 8GB etc, they will charge you for each extra mb over that limit. However, in reality there is no such thing as "unlimited use" its just a marketing trick, the ISPs bank on the fact that not all customers will take advantage of the offer and they will not all be active at the same time.  But if all users are active and download lots of data one will notice a drop in speed; and in extreme cases they will disconnect heavy users every now and then to balance the load.

8GB should be enough for surfing the internet but if you like to download movies (around 700mb each), lots of music and pictures and streaming videos, then you will need more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (of 5 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.