Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,125 members, 7,900,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 03:00 AM

Breaking News! Onovo Finally Appointed Inspector General - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News! Onovo Finally Appointed Inspector General (5241 Views)

Nigerians React To Martin Onovo's Interview On Channels Today - Video / Inspector General Of Police Restores Tambuwal’s Security Aides / Gov Fashola Meets Mbu, Assistant Inspector General Of Police(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News! Onovo Finally Appointed Inspector General by ebogentle(m): 1:38pm On Jul 25, 2009
@Mikeansy,
Thanks for breaking it down. Although all i have gathered from all these is that in Govt establishments, at lower cadre, merit is the criteria for promotion.
But once you get to the senior cadre, it's politics. Take for example, it is quite possible that at a particular instance, the most senior officer (age or years of service) in say the army, and navy, will be from the same region or even the same state. But does that mean that the two of them get to occupy the respective Chief of staff office? In the Nigeria of today, NO.

It's a shame that merit takes back seat at such a crucial time of one's career.
Where then is the motivation to work hard if i know that federal character will work in my favour , hardwork or not.
Re: Breaking News! Onovo Finally Appointed Inspector General by EmmyBoy2(m): 7:05pm On Jul 25, 2009
I heard Onovo is a very disciplined policeman, hope he keeps it up in this new appointment.
Congratulations Mr IG

Onovo might be very professional, but 85% of the Force is hopelessly inept, greedy, incompetent and corrupt!
You need to relate with a Police man and you'll be sorry for this country.
The recruitment policy of the Police needs to be reviewed.
I cant understand how a bunch of illiterates still make their way into the Police.
Re: Breaking News! Onovo Finally Appointed Inspector General by MUZBO(m): 7:37am On Jul 26, 2009
samparian:

I dont know. The day such things stop, Nigeria will get better.
It happens in our schools, offices, government establishments, etc its really painful.

Its sad to see a graduate of economics walking around from bank to bank looking for a job while a less qualified graduate of Arabic studies gets a well paid job in a bank because he's connected.
Sounds like your life story! You can still get a masters in Arabic studies since thats what it takes.
Re: Breaking News! Onovo Finally Appointed Inspector General by mecylee(f): 7:59pm On Jul 27, 2009
well as for me i will keep my finggers across there i will rest my case
Re: Breaking News! Onovo Finally Appointed Inspector General by Mamajama(m): 9:35pm On Jul 27, 2009
I don’t care who you appoint to lead the Nigerian police force, professionalism will still be lacking.

The apparent issues that are confronting the police for decades, has to do with lack of resources, housing, training and education.
Not until those issues are addressed we will be here 20 years from now and still talking of how ineffective our police force is.

ONOVO is a fine police office and has good intentions for the force. I can’t wait till he is confirmed
Re: Breaking News! Onovo Finally Appointed Inspector General by Nezan(m): 10:53am On Jul 28, 2009
mecylee:

well as for me i will keep my finggers across there i will rest my case
there is really nothing to celebrate in Nigeria
Re: Breaking News! Onovo Finally Appointed Inspector General by Eaglebabe: 12:07pm On Jul 28, 2009
This man is handsome ,and i don't mind him.Brothers on naira land help me in this race may be our last chance to get our national cake on naira land.I will share it equally.I am in rove with dt semi old man.
Re: Breaking News! Onovo Finally Appointed Inspector General by maxsiollun: 6:49pm On Jul 28, 2009
For those saying he is the "first" Igbo IGP, his predecessor Mike Okiro was also Igbo!
Re: Breaking News! Onovo Finally Appointed Inspector General by successlin: 10:51pm On Aug 02, 2009
Whatever the case may be the position is a high and responsible position and there is need to Congratulate the man and start to pray for him. If the leadership of the Nigeria Police Force becomes potent, citizen friendly and corruption free, we will be sure of moving the country forward considerably.

We all should be conscious of this and whatever your religion start to pray for the success of Onovo and indeed the leadership of Nigeria. We all need this to live a peaceable and meaningful lfe in this country.

God will help us in Jesus name. Amen. PEACE
Re: Breaking News! Onovo Finally Appointed Inspector General by winta2007(m): 12:11pm On Aug 04, 2009
onovo is from were?
Re: Breaking News! Onovo Finally Appointed Inspector General by nnaemmy(m): 4:21pm On Aug 04, 2009
He is ripe enough to be the IG, remember he was the most senior after ehindero but they give it to okiro. He did not complain as a mature man. well, i'm wishing him success in all his endeavours grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sarduana Of Kastina Visits Gov. Obiano- Picture / Budget Funding: FG Set To Borrow Another N110bn Via Local Bond Issue / Borno State Governor Spraying Dollars In Dubai (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.