Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,573 members, 7,929,831 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 01:15 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1321821 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (1231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 10, 2011
Installing applications on Mac OS X is incredibly easy compared to most platforms. However, the approach taken can be confusing at first for many users.

There are generally three basic steps when installing a piece of software; Acquire, Un-package, Install.

In addition to the instructions presented here, software publishers often provide additional notes with their software that will tell you more about the installation of their products.

http://www.ehow.com/facts_4829734_install-pc-programs-mac.html

http://guides.macrumors.com/Installing_Applications_in_Mac_OS_X

Google is your friend sandysprax, try googling , most of this things, u can do it urself by doing a little research,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bobidinc(m): 3:40pm On Sep 11, 2011
My Toshiba Satellite Pro L450-17 running on window 7 will not turn on. When I plug the AC adapter the power LED and the battery charge LED light up with normal GREEN LIGHT. When I press on the power button the laptop powers up but will not start. There is no video on LCD or external monitor. I have tried to remove the battery and power it directly with AC source but still the samething, i checked on the memory thinking it might be RAM problem, but nothing change, All this started his morning. Please help, Any userful information will be highly appreciate, i can't afford to loose my files on the laptop, it contains my life, odusogatosin@gmail.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 11, 2011
bobidinc, check if the modular bay is still intact, i mean the hard disk is still connected and intact, since the LED lights are coming up, then i guess its not a motherboard problem,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:38pm On Sep 12, 2011
Malvinelly:

my advast has aspired and also refuses to uninstall. pls i need help dis is my email malvinelly@yahoo.com
simply use an avast removal tool
http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility and follow the instructions
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2011
dmy:

Abeg helepe me oh any body.i trued copying some file from an external hard drive.na since then my trouble start!!a message wiith WINDOWS EXPLORER HAS STOPPED WORKING,WINDOWSIS RESTARTING is displayed.the desktop then freezes,restarts and then it begins all over again.i've done system restore,scanned the system,regedit,diskchk,disabled third party servces,scan disk,updated windows EVERYTHING.BUt still no changes.Any techqies in the house that can help.PLEASE!!!!
ur system has become infected with likely a trojan(not virus)only trojan r capable of propagating itself maliciously>>moreso,it wld be difficult to heal a system completely from inside the infected sytem(its like a thief dats already resident in the house and watchful of the police trying to capture him)best solution:reformat the sytem completely with a clean installation cd (not even the recovery partition,chances are ,the recovery may have been infected too)
or
2, remove ur hard drive and insert it into an external harddrive enclosure and scan from "a clean system" with a "strong antivirus or just remove ur files and scan only ur files and perform a clean format, wen ur done>>u can now transfer back ur files only wen u can verify its been disinfected,
if ur unsure,pls just re-format else u will compromise the whole system again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:05pm On Sep 12, 2011
"all4naija (m)
« #5068 on: September 01, 2011, 12:24 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Cupidkc on September 01, 2011, 08:06 AM
PLZ GUYS I NEED your HELP. I FORMATED MY LOCAL DISK (Dsmiley AND I LOST MY LOCAL DISK (Ismiley. B4 I HAD DRIVE C WIT 63GB, DRIVE D WT 85GB, AND DRIVE I WT 83GB. BT AFTA I FORMATD MY DRIVE D, I CNT C MY DRIVE I AGAIN. ALSO NOTE DT MY DRIV D WS CONTAININ 4 SONGS ONLY B4 I FORMATD.
PLZ HLP ME SOM1,DNT WNT2 LOSE MY 83GB DRIVE I.

Right click on My Computer and select Manage. At the Computer Management click on Disk Management and at the right hand side you will see all your Hard Disk volumes displayed. Then right click on the driver D and select Change Driver Letter and Paths for System Reserved and follow instructions through to add drive letter and highlight format and click to format. After formatting it will display your drives D among the others for you to see. Do the same thing to I. Then close the Computer Management. "

all4naija,pls assess crticall before u offer this kind of solution;its too professional for some1 who can even tell the difference between a partition and the use of the format command, u will only confuse him more, either u refer him to the nearest software guy ard him or as i have attend to a most pple near,i have a chat session wit them and get an incisive step-by-step analysis and solution to them, else i meet them in person, i know zim writes from outside 9ja and deji from uk,so its always best to refer them to some trusted hands here in lagos rather than give out such professional solutions without proper guidance, pls lets all work together to assist people as a network rather than random sampling them,
once again,let them meet a technician for some hardware issues than dan directing them online
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 16, 2011
^^^^
I hope you aren't referring to me, because I can see all4naija in your comment. If your argument was that he has to see a technician, I would say I am among those who usually tell people to do that here.

Please, stop pointing fingers at me. There is nothing professional in what I have posted here.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:48pm On Sep 16, 2011
bobidinc:

My Toshiba Satellite Pro  L450-17 running on window 7 will not turn on. When I plug the AC adapter the power LED and the battery charge LED light up with normal GREEN LIGHT. When I press on the power button the laptop powers up but will not start. There is no video on LCD or external monitor. I have tried to remove the battery and power it directly with AC source but still the samething, i checked on the memory thinking it might be RAM problem, but nothing change,  All this started his morning. Please help,  Any userful information will be highly appreciate, i can't afford to loose my files on the laptop,  it contains my life, odusogatosin@gmail.com

Checking all of the above you'd have stopped and take it to a computer technician rather than

checking the memory. for example a car breaks down you check the basic same as a computer,

A professional will be able to assess the memory modules and advised you the next step.

The last time it was used was battery fully charged or laptop shutdown itself

You may have tried the following. ATX Reset

Take charger and battery out of laptop we are not turning it on

we're carrying out a procedure known as ATX Reset

After charger and battery is out hold down the laptop power button down for 60 secs

to drain any static electricity then connect just charger no battery then power up and keep pressing

f8 any joy ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jean2(m): 9:45pm On Sep 17, 2011
I need help getting a Sony Vaio battery charger IC rated 11.97W part no. Z508. Please help with the price and where to get it. 10x!

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Comrade2009: 4:23am On Sep 18, 2011
i have Apple Mac G4 with Macintosh OS already installed on it, please how can I format it and install window XP on it or better still if I see somebody that can buy it. My number is 08090767787.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:35am On Sep 18, 2011
GREETINGS DEAR FRIENDS.
GOT TECHNICAL PROBLEMS?
FROM LAPTOPS TO BLACKBERRIES?
UNIVERSAL 3.5G MODEMS?
DOMAIN NAME REGISRATION AND HOSTING
PING ME ON 243FF255
OR CALL 07060924444/08091528201.
OR FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @BASE411
CHECK ME OUT ON www.facebook.com/base411
YAHOO MESSENGER: info.base411@yahoo.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oscar4luv(m): 12:40am On Sep 19, 2011
hi fellow nairalanders, check out www.9jaboys.com for other tips and tricks for your mobiles and pc,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by firstlady4(f): 6:02am On Sep 19, 2011
Pls guy I need help. I cant access my email add for the past two months now when ever ^ try logging in it keep telling me incorrect passward or incorrect user ID of which I know very well that my Id and password is very very correct. I have tried several ways to make sure it opens but is not working out. Pls help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:42am On Sep 19, 2011
first_lady:

Pls guy I need help. I cant access my email add for the past two months now when ever ^ try logging in it keep telling me incorrect passward or incorrect user ID of which I know very well that my Id and password is very very correct. I have tried several ways to make sure it opens but is not working out. Pls help.

What's type of email client ? Yahoo Hotmail Google Thunderbird
etc.Make sure caps lock is off when entering your password.

Visit the email provider webpage for frequently ask questions/reset password options

What's the make of the computer in question ? for example, mine is a Toshiba P300-20H Windows 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mrcall5: 10:51am On Sep 19, 2011
MTN FREE CALL FROM MTN TO ANY NETWORK
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
We have Done it again oh. Mtn free call is onn to the fullest. This has

never happened before in the history of free things. U can make calls

from 6am in the morning to 12 am at night all for free! I mean without

money on ur phone. This 1 is a bomb oh. I have been using it for quite a

very long time now. Got got into the idea of letting it out to my fellow

people.
I know so many of u are so desperate to have ur line activated, lol. I

dnt rush in getting ur lines activated cos u have to know some qualities

of what u seek to have

1) U do not nid to have any money on ur phone before calling any number
2) U do not nid to have any specific kind of phone to get connected
3) u don't nid a specific knid of MTN line to enable u use this service.
4) U can call any network with it at the specific time listed above
And finally, make sure ur phone is always charged cos u will experience

low battery because of the way u gonna be making call as if u an mtn staff.

Placing my number on this site wouldn't have been bad, but i cant cos I

dnt like being disturbed by people who are not serious. The level of

seriousness is determined reply me.

Pls note: Dnt send me any request here. Pls, make ur request in

attachment of ur mobile number (cos i have to call and give u a prove on

what u want to activate)to my mail box. (Mtnfreecall@yahoo.com)

Kindly be patient if i dnt reply u cos my mail is always crowded with

different requests.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oladosusak(f): 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2011
An opportunity you’ve been waiting for to be a landlord is here. At Silver Spring peninsular, a serviced estate located off Agric bus stop, Ikorodu, You can buy a piece of land for as low as N250, 000 or N450, 000 or N850, 000. You can pay in bits after the down payment as low as N10, 000 and pay the balance over 24 months. Most interestingly, if you could pay just 50% for any of the options; you have your piece of land allocated to you. What a UNIQUE offer!
For further details, visit our website: www.silverspringpeninsula.com or you can call: John on 08137777641.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by woyeld: 12:36am On Sep 22, 2011
how do i install vista on a new free dos pc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 9:58am On Sep 22, 2011
woyeld:

how do i install vista on a new free dos pc
Free DOS pc
Are you using a desktop or laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bxcode(m): 2:00pm On Sep 22, 2011
I cant install firefox 6.02 on my laptop compaq P CQ56, if i begin the installation process it stops midway without any message, any help please. smiley smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sweetdoct247(m): 2:12am On Sep 23, 2011
Hi guys, I wondering if I could some way generate some kind of wireless signal from my laptop for my phone and ipod touch to browse with, but devices have wireless capabilities. The laptop's already connected to the internet with multilinks 3g modem. I was hoping that using the wireless networking options I could somehow access the internet from both devices through the laptop's connection. Any advice or link will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sweetdoct247(m): 2:57am On Sep 23, 2011
I think I've found a better way to put my question. How can I share laptop's internet connection with my phone nokia c7 and/ipod touch. The laptop internet connection is through multilinks usb 3g modem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by PRESERVER(m): 8:30am On Sep 24, 2011
I'm sorry,I made made mistake in the site I posted above while I copied the link and the site I wanted to drop that I saw the advert I need you people advise about is www.myfreebrowsingandbonuses.tk

Thanks and I'm expecting reply from good evaluators,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by robola: 1:31pm On Sep 24, 2011
My hp 530 vista shuts down when i insert fastlink. It shows a blue screen with writings about bios and things. Need help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jeophri(m): 2:47pm On Sep 24, 2011
guys, first i want to know how to check the memory allocated to display. then how to increase it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:40pm On Sep 24, 2011
To help narrow down the problem answer the following questions

Does the fastlink dongle came with a software installation cd (if any) ?

Does this blue screen appear when other usb device is plugged in such as

a memory stick or any device that has a usb connection ?

When does the problem started
?

get a[b] pen and a paper and  the error message on the screen to assist[/b]  in narrowing down the cause

if you're unable to do so because it shutdown not to worry let it restart and

keep pressing f8 to disable automatic restart on system failure  then the error should appear.

After doing all this, I like you to run a quick test to verify the hard drive is intact before we move on

Let it restart and keep pressing F10 use the arrow to go to diagnostics, hard drive self test go

for the long one and make your battery is fully charge as not to loose power during the test.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tottyj(m): 11:38am On Sep 25, 2011
Pls i have a dell desktop which was ok before i formatted it. Now the screen display is blurred(nt clear). I have tried to connect the cpu to another screen and its display was ok. Guess is screen problem or? Pls what should i do?
Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:03pm On Sep 25, 2011
totty j.:

Pls i have a dell desktop which was ok before i formatted it. Now the screen display is blurred(nt clear). I have tried to connect the cpu to another screen and its display was ok. Guess is screen problem or? Pls what should i do?
Thanks.

download the display drivers from the manufacturer web site
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by niyero: 5:29pm On Sep 25, 2011
I need help wit it I formated my system and lost my recoery
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:31pm On Sep 25, 2011
niyero:

I need help wit it I formated my system and lost my recoery

tell us your problem, you need help with (it) ---- whats that it or I.T ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jeophri(m): 8:14pm On Sep 25, 2011
Jeophri:

guys, first i want to know how to check the memory allocated to display. then how to increase it.

please i'm still looking for answer to that qestion

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (1231) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.