Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,746 members, 7,915,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 03:54 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1313428 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (1229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by queenet246(f): 9:41pm On Oct 18, 2012
femi4: have your hdd replaced. Seems your hard disk is tired

tanx bt ow do i do dat. is it sold in d mkt?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by femi4: 10:25pm On Oct 18, 2012
queenet246:

Yes, you can get the size of your choice in computer village though you ll need the assistance of a computer expert to help you fix it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by keirayknightley: 5:21am On Oct 19, 2012
I know one think that it is Out-of-print and hard to find Glow releases from hundreds of independent record stores.I want to know the best one .

executive cv writing
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hackomania(m): 7:18am On Oct 19, 2012
queenet246:

Where is your current location? You can get as much as 500Gb for roughly 20k. If you're around my area, we could arrange a meeting over the weekend. Give me a call (08034381517) or send me an email feedback.chukz@gmail.com or kcemenike@live.com or tweet me @kcemenike
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:30am On Oct 19, 2012
queenet246:

For any reaction to happen there must be an action.

What led us to conclude that your hard drive needs changing ?

You need to run a hard drive fitness test on the hdd.

The result would either fail or pass and from there you

can decide. Take for example, you have a car and is no working

properly and you decide to spend £300 on it before a mechanic test it.

Doesn't make sense, does it ? If i was you,take this laptop for a physical
exam... for a tec to ascertain whether is hard drive or a CPU fan making that noise.

60% it would be the hard drive but you need to have your fact before spending your money

For the third time again, what make and model is your laptop? we've asked for this several time now.
check at the botton should have a name. e.g. My own Laptop is toshiba p300-20h windows vista

You need to run a hard drive test, thats why we ask for your laptop make and model
as some of them have internal bios testing tools to verify the hard drive condition
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:57am On Oct 19, 2012
queenet246:

its HP compaq nc6220.
it makes creaky noise when booting and am wit it now

This what we asked off you and was very pleased when I
saw your reply. In the future, always mention laptop make
and model you'd notice you get replies to a given problem.
This is one of the reason tec dont bother replying. you 'd see
some people ask questions lot of time and dont get a reply is because of
this. Ok make sure your battery is fully charge or plug in to the mains either way
so the test will finish wihtout any disturbances.

Turn on laptop

keep pressing f10 until you
get a blue screen, if not try f2
go to tools >hard drive test and run it

if yo se diagnostics try that >hard drive test run it
let us know the result

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by queenet246(f): 9:17am On Oct 19, 2012
femi4: Yes, you can get the size of your choice in computer village though you ll need the assistance of a computer expert to help you fix it

but am not in Lagos na
wat do i do? more options pls.
thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by queenet246(f): 9:20am On Oct 19, 2012
deji2009:

For any reaction to happen there must be an action.

What led us to conclude that your hard drive needs changing ?

You need to run a hard drive fitness test on the hdd.

The result would either fail or pass and from there you

can decide. Take for example, you have a car and is no working

properly and you decide to spend £300 on it before a mechanic test it.

tanx a lot u guys are wondaful.
its hp compaq nc6220
Doesn't make sense, does it ? If i was you,take this laptop for a physical
exam... for a tec to ascertain whether is hard drive or a CPU fan making that noise.

60% it would be the hard drive but you need to have your fact before spending your money

For the third time again, what make and model is your laptop? we've asked for this several time now.
check at the botton should have a name. e.g. My own Laptop is toshiba p300-20h windows vista

You need to run a hard drive test, thats why we ask for your laptop make and model
as some of them have internal bios testing tools to verify the hard drive condition

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by queenet246(f): 9:23am On Oct 19, 2012
deji2009:

this. Ok make sure your battery is fully charge or plug in to the mains either way

Turn on laptop

ok. tanx. let me go get it i will get bak to u

let us know the result
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by queenet246(f): 9:45am On Oct 19, 2012
[quote author=queenet246][/quote]

one more thing. it doesnt accept wireless. it finds it but wont connect. help me i just bought it. buts its not new one.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by queenet246(f): 9:52am On Oct 19, 2012
deji2009:

so the test will finish wihthout any disturbances.

Turn on laptop

let us know the result

ok. tanx. one more tin. the wireless is not working
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by queenet246(f): 11:35am On Oct 19, 2012
deji2009:

Turn on laptop

let us know the result

am running the tests now
it says test 1 (quick)
test suceeded
test 2 (comprehensive)
self test (50% complete)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by queenet246(f): 12:49pm On Oct 19, 2012
deji2009:

Turn on laptop

let us know the result

all tests were successful.
i even did memory check and it was successful.
plz wats next.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:51pm On Oct 19, 2012
queenet246:

one more thing. it doesnt accept wireless. it finds it but wont connect. help me i just bought it. buts its not new one.

Can it connect by cable. e.g.

Have you checked in device manager(press Windows key + Pause/break) to see if you network controllers are listed. If they are, check the devices properties to see if they are working properly. You could also uninstall them from there and restart your computer. On restarting Windows will detect new hardware and reinstall the drivers. try connecting and make sure you have your network security ley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:11pm On Oct 19, 2012
queenet246:

all tests were successful.
i even did memory check and it was successful.
plz wats next.

With that you can be sure your hard drive is ok.
Is an internal testing tools designed by HP that we uses to
test the hard drive conditn. The result is the final, thats it.

SO, lets wait for other technicians views on this. If you can some noise
am 95% sure is the cpu fan making noise. your laptop model is old and the likleyhood of
that happening is very high. Especially if the fan run at a very high spped and the air
coming out is hot. or we can remove the hard drive and power the laptop on and see if we make the same
noise without the hdd inside.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by queenet246(f): 3:26pm On Oct 19, 2012
deji2009:

With that you can be sure your hard drive is ok.
Is an internal testing tools designed by HP that we uses to
test the hard drive conditn. The result is the final, thats it.

SO, lets wait for other technicians views on this. If you can some noise
am 95% sure is the cpu fan making noise. your laptop model is old and the likleyhood of
that happening is very high. Especially if the fan run at a very high spped and the air
coming out is hot. or we can remove the hard drive and power the laptop on and see if we make the same
noise without the hdd inside.

so wat do i do now since d hard drive is ok. someone suggested i get windows xp and do something with it.
but ur suggestion has been of great help. tanx a lot
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:54pm On Oct 19, 2012
queenet246:

so wat do i do now since d hard drive is ok. someone suggested i get windows xp and do something with it.
but ur suggestion has been of great help. tanx a lot

If the laptop booted ok, no need to reinstall xp

If it struggle to boot then yes. I think a technician
need to assess what is making the noise. cpu fan or cable
touching the cpu fan or debries blocked the air from escaping

Take it to a technician for physical examination

we've conducted our own test on it now need a physical examination.
The test you conducted will save you money that why we are here to
offer that free 1st 2nd line support that you'd normally pay for out there

Take it a shop for assessment since we noe know the hdd test passed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by queenet246(f): 3:56pm On Oct 19, 2012
deji2009:

Can it connect by cable. e.g.

Have you checked in device manager(press Windows key + Pause/break) to see if you network controllers are listed. If they are, check the devices properties to see if they are working properly. You could also uninstall them from there and restart your computer. On restarting Windows will detect new hardware and reinstall the drivers. try connecting and make sure you have your network security ley

it connected by cable. but i dnt know ow to check for wireless though i put the wireless on. ow do i do that?
tanx. u guys ave been of help kiss
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:26pm On Oct 19, 2012
queenet246:

it connected by cable. but i dnt know ow to check for wireless though i put the wireless on. ow do i do that?
tanx. u guys ave been of help kiss

So the wireless On/Off Button is on?
if not the swicth is on the top row
near the power switch button

The Wireless On/Off LED will show
near the Power/Standby LED at the bottom
row where you have the touchpad

Right click on the Wireless Connection icon at the bottom right side
of your screen and select View Available Wireless Networks from the list.
and follow the inst... to enter your password
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by queenet246(f): 4:35pm On Oct 19, 2012
deji2009:

So the wireless On/Off Button is on?
if not the swicth is on the top row
near the power switch button

The Wireless On/Off LED will show
near the Power/Standby LED at the bottom
row where you have the touchpad

Right click on the Wireless Connection icon at the bottom right side
of your screen and select View Available Wireless Networks from the list.
and follow the inst... to enter your password

there's notin like dat icon except for d battery and volume icons. how do i find it? ope am nt disturbing @all
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:43pm On Oct 19, 2012
queenet246:

there's notin like dat icon except for d battery and volume icons. how do i find it? ope am nt disturbing @all

I take it this laptop is windows xp OS ?
click start>control panel>network connection
or anything that says network click on it
and when it open right click on network connection then view
wifi nwtwork. if this is vista go to control panel then network and sharing centre
or if you can connect by cable download teamviewer free edition and i will remotely
assist you just for you though
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by queenet246(f): 4:59pm On Oct 19, 2012
deji2009:

I take it this laptop is windows xp OS ?
click start>control panel>network connection
or anything that says network click on it
and when it open right click on network connection then view
wifi nwtwork. if this is vista go to control panel then network and sharing centre
or if you can connect by cable download teamviewer free edition and i will remotely
assist you just for you though

i sent u a request on facebook. queenet liz ezeigbo
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:03pm On Oct 19, 2012
queenet246:

i sent u a request on facebook. queenet liz ezeigbo

Anyupdate on that
I wore a traditional waear
with a tradtional cap

search for dejisunday with
spac after deji
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by queenet246(f): 5:09pm On Oct 19, 2012
deji2009:

Anyupdate on that
I wore a traditional waear
with a tradtional cap

search for dejisunday with
spac after deji

k. i wil do dat tanx.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:11pm On Oct 19, 2012
deji2009:

I will be offline by 6.30pm so be quick

have accepted it but you're offline
on facebook.hurry up please

have accepted it but you're offline
on facebook.hurry up please
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by queenet246(f): 7:55pm On Oct 19, 2012
plz are u stil there? coz i want to log in
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 10:45pm On Oct 19, 2012
Good evening mates...i have a problem at hand...was using my HP G62 when power just reduced suddenly (low current)....i then noticed the screen display was distorted (Cant really say if the current caused it though)
[s]i wish i can share the pix but right now no way of doing that...will update my message later to show exactly what i mean[/s] (there are some vertical line at the bottom, images or text are doubled with one stationed and the other dangling up and down, screen shows some green color)

things that i have tried
i opened it up...changed the screen cable coz it is led no converter...still the problem persist.
i tried using the HDMI and it displayed well on tv
i tried on monitor using the VGA...it works well
i tried another confirmed working screen and the problem persist..

NB
some times it will just work perfectly again and when i use it for a long time the problem comes up again

thanks for the anticipated cooperation

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 6:34am On Oct 20, 2012
@ adewasco I advice u change d screen but u said u av tried it with a working screen it still d same ( last a client brought a laptop of such to me I only changed d screen) Ur location 1st ? Lets see if I can come over ......
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 6:39am On Oct 20, 2012
@ queenet where is ur location lets see how we can help u out .......

@ Deji2009 Job well done a big thanks to ur supports all d time on nairaland
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by queenet246(f): 8:41am On Oct 20, 2012
[quote author=adetwin]@ queenet where is ur location lets see how we can help u out .......

am in d east. is there anytin u can do. thanks to deji. he has been of great help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 20, 2012
@ adewasco2k

I have repeatedly said it here the major problem with HP laptops is Graphic problem. Changing the screen won't solve the problem nor reflow of the VGA(only for a few period of time before it will return). It is better you change the motherboard!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:33am On Oct 20, 2012
adetwin: @ adewasco I advice u change d screen but u said u av tried it with a working screen it still d same ( last a client brought a laptop of such to me I only changed d screen) Ur location 1st ? Lets see if I can come over ......

Well observed. Some Hp laptops have been recalled due to grapchics display problem and any
customer affetced should try hp fix before spending their money. I spent 20 minutes earching on
hp website and find this. Try it and follow instructions

I think changing the screen, inverter and cable should fix the problem.

something is not right here

adetwin you're right

@adewesco please follow instructions

reinstall video/grapchidriver
Update the bios from hp website
install speed fan to determine if
cpu fan is overheating hence the effect
on the graphics chip

I'd like to know where you got the screen from please. new or borrowed or generic
Is the video chip intel or nvidia or ATI Radion Hd

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (1229) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.