Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,746 members, 7,915,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 03:57 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1313431 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (1229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chikebrain: 10:35am On Oct 20, 2012
adewasco2k:

NB
some times it will just work perfectly again and when i use it for a long time the problem comes up again

thanks for the anticipated cooperation

Ade i'll advise you give it to a system engineer. I had same problem but after i changed the screen it became normal. Although i was asked to change the flex that it may solve the issue but it didn't. So i'll advise that you change the screen.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:55am On Oct 20, 2012
all4naija: @ adewasco2k

I have repeatedly said it here the major problem with HP laptops is Graphic problem. Changing the screen won't solve the problem nor reflow of the VGA(only for a few period of time before it will return). It is better you change the motherboard!

@all4naija

I applauded your observations. all4naija is absoluetely right. If you google Hp display problem you'd see lots of
people having this problem. Hp basically didnt solder the video chip properly so each time it
overheat it disconnect itself from the motherboard hence the effect on the screen.

Also there's not enough ventilation circulating. either change motherboard or buy a Toshiba or Sony or Samsung
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:59am On Oct 20, 2012
Chikebrain:

Ade i'll advise you give it to a system engineer. I had same problem but after i changed the screen it became normal. Although i was asked to change the flex that it may solve the issue but it didn't. So i'll advise that you change the screen.

I thought at much the changing of the screen might not have been dont peroperly because that should fix it
lookign at the disorted images on his screen. if it were NVdia graphcis then no but ATI should be the screen.

Do we know if the screen is good or bad, this is the problem we have
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:02am On Oct 20, 2012
adetwin: @ queenet where is ur location lets see how we can help u out .......

@ Deji2009 Job well done a big thanks to ur supports all d time on nairaland

This is the only way I'd always remember what I learnt from the books
and from my mentor Yankubu in United state 12 years old. nairaland is the only
place I choose to provide tec support because that what i can give to people.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2012
thank you all...i agree with you guys totally...its the motherboard, if i keep it for a while and it cools, it works fine then later when its hot..the problem comes up again...please how much is the motherboard going to cost me? (HP G62 intel) thank God i will be in Lagos next week.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by queenet246(f): 2:49pm On Oct 20, 2012
deji pls are u online?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chrisley024(m): 8:24am On Oct 21, 2012
Pls help! My laptop shws 'Internal HDD error' while tryin 2 boot. Any solution apart 4rm getin new 1 n hw can i recover my data? Thanks!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:00am On Oct 21, 2012
chrisley024: Pls help! My laptop shws 'Internal HDD error' while tryin 2 boot. Any solution apart 4rm getin new 1 n hw can i recover my data? Thanks!

what make and model is your machine ? e.g. A toshiba P300-20H Windows 7
Most likely you're using a toshiba or compaq Hp laptops. anyway, can it
get to windows before showing the error message. If does boot, you need a memory stick or
external hard drive to copy your data

If does not boot you need a 2.5 hard drive caddy. you insert the hard drive into the caddy and into
another computer then you extract the data. Its very much like plugging
a usb device. very easy to do. I would advice you take it to a laptop technician.

If you're using Acer, HP, compaq and Samsung to mention a few and you're able to boot the recovery manager you can use the
recovery mode recommended option to backup your data.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chrisley024(m): 12:13pm On Oct 21, 2012
@deji2009, tanks! It dosnt even see d OS. Dell wit windows xp. If i may ask does d use of 2 OS has effect on a pc? Cos i hv bin usin it. So do i hv 2 get anoda hdd. Thanks!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:14pm On Oct 21, 2012
chrisley024: @deji2009, tanks! It dosnt even see d OS. Dell wit windows xp. If i may ask does d use of 2 OS has effect on a pc? Cos i hv bin usin it. So do i hv 2 get anoda hdd. Thanks!

What is the model.e.g.dell insipron 1545, DELL D600, D500 OR Dell Latitude D6000

power on the laptop and keep pressing F2 or F12 or delete key if F2 doesn't work
You'd see a blue screen go to diagnostics and press ente it would run the test
if your laptop is not very old this option should be present.
after check the boot or boot sequence to see your hard is on the list i.e. sata 446654654
or ide soemthing that means is your hard drive or what do you have as first boot device

When a hard drive is no longer recognized in the bios, it usually means the drive
has a physical problem. Is it under warranty? If not then you should definitely
replace the drive ASAP and hold on to it so you can try and recover the data off
of it with software. If there isn’t any data you want to keep, then just replace it

you can go to technician to assit you with the data
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chrisley024(m): 3:51pm On Oct 21, 2012
@deji:Thanks! Dell lat.610. Tried runin d diag. test n it shws fail 4 d HD n dat of d memory test wit sum error code n mesage wen at d memory test: 'No diag utility found. To run diag insert Dell drivers n utilities cd den select ok 2 restart d system n boot off cd'. D boot sequence just shws d internal HD only wit oda tins.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:11pm On Oct 21, 2012
chrisley024: @deji:Thanks! Dell lat.610. Tried runin d diag. test n it shws fail 4 d HD n dat of d memory test wit sum error code n mesage wen at d memory test: 'No diag utility found. To run diag insert Dell drivers n utilities cd den select ok 2 restart d system n boot off cd'. D boot sequence just shws d internal HD only wit oda tins.

Think about this for a minutes.

The Primary hard disk failed the test.

There is nothing YOU can do to get it going
unless you replace the BAD hard drive with a new one.
Install windows on the new hard drive and all your drivers

[PS: I hope you've or will be backing-up any important data.

take it to a shop to take off your data or get the hdd enclousre
we advised you earlier on
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hazeleyezz: 7:22pm On Oct 21, 2012
Pls I need help!!!
I got a new etisalat modem and I have succesfully installed it on my PC
But I can't connect to the internet, it keep giving this error message
"Connection to the remote computer could not be established, so port used for this connection was closed"
Plss does anyone have an idea of what is wrong? And a possible solution.
Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 21, 2012
Hazeleyezz: Pls I need help!!!
"Connection to the remote computer could not be established, so port used for this connection was closed"
Thanks.
Check the manual for the modem. Probably the modem is not compatible with your operating system. In other words just uninstall it from your system and install it again through compatibility mode.

After that come back here with any error message.

Good luck!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deribigbe(m): 8:03pm On Oct 21, 2012
Thanks.

1stly try d moderm on a different system to see if it continues, if it does not its ur system that av d problem

chrisley024: Pls help! My laptop shws 'Internal HDD error' while tryin 2 boot. Any solution apart 4rm getin new 1 n hw can i recover my data? Thanks!
where is ur location if i can come and help extract ur data & see how we can get u a good hard drive
Thanks.

1stly try d moderm on a different system to see if it continues, if it does not its ur system that av d problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dospix(m): 8:30pm On Oct 21, 2012
i own a hp laptop,just recently some of my keys just stopped working on my laptop.pls i really need your help on what to do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:54am On Oct 22, 2012
Thanks.

Make sure your usb ports are working
Make sure the sim is the one that came with it.
Make sure the dongle is connected to the computer
not through a usb adaptor.awalys better at the front of the
pc usb I/O if you're using a PC. If a laptop just connect as normal

Click on Windows Start

Open Command prompt

This step various depends on the Windows Version you are using in your computer.
In Windows XP you can type cmd on Run window and click ok to access command prompt.
In Windows 7 computer you can search for command on Search box and access command prompt.

Type netsh winsock reset on command prompt, After this press enter to reset winsock.
After resetting Windows socket you should restart your computer.
Disable Firewall and network utility programs installed

By turn off any Internet related programs in your computer, you can avoid port related issues. Examples of Internet related programs are download accelerator, Firewall, torrent etc.

We should make sure the COM ports are used by the dialer (Internet Access Manager). To check this follow the steps below.

Right click on My Computer and Click on Properties

Go to Device Manager

Go to modem and click the + sign right click
whats underneath and click proper... then query modem

Also check COM LPT make sure huwaie or etisalat is there
and also make sure no yellow signs on other device
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by abdakeem(m): 11:17pm On Oct 22, 2012
pls, my system laptop keeps restarting itself! What do i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by manoella(f): 7:56am On Oct 23, 2012
I bought my battery 1.5 year ago on cbattery.net and now it doesn't charge again~ The battery is good ,but I use laptop too much
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 9:52am On Oct 23, 2012
manoella: I bought my battery 1 year ago on cbattery.net and now it doesn't charge again~

hope u bought the original then not china ?

abdakeem: pls, my system laptop keeps restarting itself! What do i do?

It need to see the eng. call on ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. We are into ALL KINDS OF IT SUPPORT Tel: 07057140885,07082998588

Dospix: i own a hp laptop,just recently some of my keys just stopped working on my laptop.pls i really need your help on what to do

hmmm ur location 1st? lets see how we can help u fix it up
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cutisman50: 12:47pm On Oct 23, 2012
@skydancer
pls i want to buy one pc but d charging port is faulty. D name of d pc is fujitsu
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aboyaji(m): 10:56pm On Oct 23, 2012
please, I have a dell latitude d600. It displays only the starting up windows interface and restarts continuously. Help me out with what I should do.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:31am On Oct 24, 2012
aboyaji: please, I have a dell latitude d600. It displays only the starting up windows interface and restarts continuously. Help me out with what I should do.

POwer it on, keep presssing f8 until you see advanced boot option
select disable automatic restart on system failure and press enter
the laptop should restart automatically and present a blue screen
in the form o 0x0000 dumping physical memory or inaccessible device
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mrendowed2: 1:07pm On Oct 24, 2012
In need of a Dell inspiron 520 motherboard?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by queenet246(f): 5:49pm On Oct 24, 2012
pls come to my rescue.
i bought the windows xp stuff and now my system says repair. what will i do? this system wan kill me ooo.
plz before i do somethin u dnt expect.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by femi4: 7:11am On Oct 25, 2012
queenet246: pls come to my rescue.
i bought the windows xp stuff and now my system says repair. what will i do? this system wan kill me ooo.
plz before i do somethin u dnt expect.
grin grin grin
What happen when you click repair, it couldn't repair itself?
Perhaps your OS is corrupt....you can reinstall the OS.
Abeg, don't commit suicide o o
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 2:52pm On Oct 25, 2012
please i still want to clarify something here....my PC (HP G62) with flickery display...you guys mention buying a new board...i so much agree with you guys, but im just wondering why is it working perfectly when connected to a monitor? i am no base in lagos but im so happy to be in lag for some days now and i will like to fix this issue before leaving...my plead now is if anybody have a screen for it with the LCD inverter...so we can troubleshoot it with it if its the problem then i buy it...so i just dont go and buy board and its not the board...i was at Ikeja and those guys just want to play a fast one on me because they found out i know much about it...planing to leave Lagos on Tuesday
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chikebrain: 3:17pm On Oct 25, 2012
adewasco2k: please i still want to clarify something here....my PC (HP G62) with flickery display...you guys mention buying a new board...i so much agree with you guys, but im just wondering why is it working perfectly when connected to a monitor? i am no base in lagos but im so happy to be in lag for some days now and i will like to fix this issue before leaving...my plead now is if anybody have a screen for it with the LCD inverter...so we can troubleshoot it with it if its the problem then i buy it...so i just dont go and buy board and its not the board...i was at Ikeja and those guys just want to play a fast one on me because they found out i know much about it...planing to leave Lagos on Tuesday

I advised you change the screen. You can take it to an engineer so that they could help you troubleshoot the system. i had a problem like yours and i changed the screen and it has been working perfectly. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 25, 2012
adewasco2k: please i still want to clarify something here....my PC (HP G62) with flickery display...you guys mention buying a new board...i so much agree with you guys, but im just wondering why is it working perfectly when connected to a monitor? i am no base in lagos but im so happy to be in lag for some days now and i will like to fix this issue before leaving...my plead now is if anybody have a screen for it with the LCD inverter...so we can troubleshoot it with it if its the problem then i buy it...so i just dont go and buy board and its not the board...i was at Ikeja and those guys just want to play a fast one on me because they found out i know much about it...planing to leave Lagos on Tuesday
The truth is that you are not going to buy a Mobo without trying it on the screen. Just. If it works on external screen, then, for how long? Was it when it cools down or hot? Common dude, there is testament you need a new mobo. However, explore your idea first if you don't agree what have be told you by some people here.

Peace!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 3:30pm On Oct 25, 2012
all4naija: The truth is that you are not going to buy a Mobo without trying it on the screen. Just. If it works on external screen, then, for how long? Was it when it cools down or hot? Common dude, there is testament you need a new mobo. However, explore your idea first if you don't agree what have be told you by some people here.

Peace!
thanks bro.....it works perfectly on external display as long as it is on.....even when i use a double display(displaying on monitor and built in screen)...the built in screen flickers why the external works perfectly
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 25, 2012
adewasco2k:
thanks bro.....it works perfectly on external display as long as it is on.....even when i use a double display(displaying on monitor and built in screen)...the built in screen flickers why the external works perfectly
If that is it then, replace the screen with the right one. There is no other solution than Mobo if the screen is replaced with another one and still facing the same problem.

Just make sure you get the actual resolution and and the right manufacturer parts - written at the back of the opened screen
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 25, 2012
Test the screen you are going to replace it with first for a long time to ascertain it is working properly. However, Still, I am suspicious of the Mobo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (1229) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.