Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,717 members, 7,935,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 09:16 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1324039 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (1231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Slatemsk(m): 6:57am On Mar 01, 2013
Pls help!!!
My laptop is not browsing when my anti virus is on,what can i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moonraker(m): 8:15am On Mar 01, 2013
Slatemsk: Pls help!!!

And the name of your AV is??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 01, 2013
Slatemsk: Pls help!!!

change your antivirus settings to allow the connection

What antivirus do you use?

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 01, 2013
moonraker:

FAIL angry angry

You have just proven to everyone here that you do not know what you are talking about

1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor

1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)

16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/system-requirements Need i say more

Look the funny part is that i didnt have to go to microsofts website to dig out the system

requirements when i first responded to him.

I am fortunate to have a netbook right now running windows 7 pro. this netbook of mine has an

Atom Processor @ 1.66ghz and 2GB of ram. Yet it still struggles. So please do not say what you dont

know.

bro...not here to argue with you.

I know nada about computers cheesy cheesy...Maybe you need to know...I have a dell optilex tower at home and it has 512 mb of ram on it and works perfectly and i have installed win7 on not less than6 systems running with 512 ram......

We are not been payed to help..we are just here to complement each other and help out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Slatemsk(m): 8:44am On Mar 01, 2013
moonraker:

And the name of your AV is??
d name of d antivirus is avast
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ademab(m): 8:47am On Mar 01, 2013
all4naija: Now, right-click on your desktop and select 'Manage'. At the computer management dialogue click 'device manager'. To the right-hand side of it look for 'Display adapter' and click the little arrow pointing to it. If there is any indicator showing yellow, means no graphic adapter has be installed lately. The system you are using is mainly meant for old windows version and the graphic driver is missing.

To solve your problem(only for windows 7 32bit), right-click desktop and select 'Properties'look for 'System type'. If you install Windows 7 32 bit then there is a solution for you.
NOTE: This is a device driver for 32bit only.

SOLUTION

1. Download this file from[/i] HERE.

2. Install it by running the setup and restart your system.

3. Uninstall your Grand Theft Auto. Restart the system and reinstall the game.

I hope that'll help!
my device diver is ok. and there is no yellow caution button there. however i have downloaded the driver. also note that i currently run a game on it NFS most wanted so i dont think that is the problem. however i will give it a trial first and see what i get. thanks any way
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Slatemsk(m): 8:48am On Mar 01, 2013
mdsocks:

change your antivirus settings to allow the connection

What antivirus do you use?
i am using avast antivirus 2013, where will i change d connection,is it under d anti virus,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 01, 2013
Slatemsk:
i am using avast antivirus 2013, where will i change d connection,is it under d anti virus,

Try to uninstall avast, then re-install avast but do a custom install,

Uncheck P2P. this should fix that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 01, 2013
or do these also

1. open your antivirus.
2.go to settings
3.go to connections
4.select >> allow all connection

your problem will be solved.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moonraker(m): 10:25am On Mar 01, 2013
mdsocks:

I know nada about computers cheesy cheesy...Maybe you need to know...I have a dell optilex tower at home and it has 512 mb of ram on it and works perfectly and i have installed win7 on not less than6 systems running with 512 ram......

We are not been payed to help..we are just here to complement each other and help out.

Well clearly my definition of usable and your definition of usable is different. I deal with

very fast computers and running windows 7 on less than 4GB is just pure toture...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wonlasewonimi: 12:14pm On Mar 01, 2013
mdsocks:

Why would you do this? to get the full satisfaction on Win 7, you need atleast 2Gb RAM. Because it works on 512mb doesnt make it right.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 01, 2013
wonlasewonimi:

Why would you do this? to get the full satisfaction on Win 7, you need atleast 2Gb RAM. Because it works on 512mb doesnt make it right.

why not?....when i want security and Xp seems outdated and very easy to attack and my favourite antivirus system wont run on it....

I give the customer what they want even if i have to advise them to upgrade later. but atleast this was just to show you win 7 can run even on 256MB of ram if you have the win7 lite.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wonlasewonimi: 1:03pm On Mar 01, 2013
mdsocks:

why not?....when i want security and Xp seems outdated and very easy to attack and my favourite antivirus system wont run on it....

I give the customer what they want even if i have to advise them to upgrade later. but atleast this was just to show you win 7 can run even on 256MB of ram if you have the win7 lite.

Fair enough! but you can't run any tangible application on it even browsers drag. Anyway, if you charge by visits, you get paid more..you're cool!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 01, 2013
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Input(m): 6:03pm On Mar 01, 2013
Helo guys,
I need help.my system slows down unnecessarily and to make matter worse I can only browse for the first 10mins I inject my modem,after that the browser stops and I had to eject and switch the system off and on it again until it can browse again.
I use hp compaq presario.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 01, 2013
Input: Helo guys,
I need help.my system slows down unnecessarily and to make matter worse I can only browse for the first 10mins I inject my modem,after that the browser stops and I had to eject and switch the system off and on it again until it can browse again.
I use hp compaq presario.

guess you brought something of this note here before

Just download a new driver for your modem. There's a conflict bro.Take care
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 01, 2013
Ademab:
my device diver is ok. and there is no yellow caution button there. however i have downloaded the driver. also note that i currently run a game on it NFS most wanted so i dont think that is the problem. however i will give it a trial first and see what i get. thanks any way
What do you have as your device driver if there is no yellow indication? If it is Windows Display Driver Model(WDD)then you are not having the right display driver for your system. So, I would advice you to download the driver in the previous link and install it. Actually, you never installed any graphic driver during the time of your Windows 7 Setup. I think the one you have there was suggested by Windows.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 02, 2013
Hey guys..my laptop's battery ran down completely today, and it doesn't charge again neither does it even come on. Any help/advice on what to do? Thanks!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 2:58pm On Mar 02, 2013
Victoriousvic: Hey guys..my laptop's battery ran down completely today, and it doesn't charge again neither does it even come on. Any help/advice on what to do? Thanks!
when you remove the battery completely and power the laptop directly with DC....doest it come up?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 02, 2013
It finally came on, thanks...but now, the touchpad aint responding, the cursor is just frozen and i've restarted it almost 3 times and have even done a sytem restore....any idea on what to do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 4:20pm On Mar 02, 2013
Victoriousvic: It finally came on, thanks...but now, the touchpad aint responding, the cursor is just frozen and i've restarted it almost 3 times and have even done a sytem restore....any idea on what to do?
things to checkout
1. try an external mouse and see if it work
2. try to reinstall the touchpad driver
3. make sure the touchpad is not turn off/disabled (i dont kow the model of your PC)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Osteve2(m): 5:05pm On Mar 02, 2013
Happy new month to all and sundry in the house...may d joy of dis month neva elude us. pls i need tips or links to watch live matches online thanks for ur usual response. grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rextab(m): 3:47am On Mar 03, 2013
Help, im a newbie here,my laptop takes about 7 to 10min for the task bar or start up munu to be ready evry time i switch on and also for the ON sound to come. Wt cud be the problem n wat shud i do pls advise.thank u
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 8:31am On Mar 03, 2013
moonraker:

Well clearly my definition of usable and your definition of usable is different. I deal with

very fast computers and running windows 7 on less than 4GB is just pure toture...

Did I just read the above? Hahahahaaha
If u dey my area u no go get clients ooooo
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Input(m): 8:42am On Mar 03, 2013
mdsocks:

guess you brought something of this note here before

Just download a new driver for your modem. There's a conflict bro.Take care
where can i download it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 8:45am On Mar 03, 2013
O'steve:
Happy new month to all and sundry in the house...may d joy of dis month neva elude us. pls i need tips or links to watch live matches online thanks for ur usual response. grin

Try this, but yo bandwidth must kajad ooo
www.worldtvpc.com/live
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 9:10am On Mar 03, 2013
Rextab: Help, im a newbie here,my laptop takes about 7 to 10min for the task bar or start up munu to be ready evry time i switch on and also for the ON sound to come. Wt cud be the problem n wat shud i do pls advise.thank u

Too many apps and processes starting up. Click start and type sysconfig in yo search prompt and press enter. From the sysconfig dialogue prompt, click on startup tab and you will see the apps that will startup wen you start yo PC. You can disable as much as many apps from starting up with the PC by clicking the checkbox in front of the app U wanna disable then click OK in the end and restart.

NOTE: do exactly as I stated above ooooo else sysconfig can hurt you PC more if you do the wrong tin.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 03, 2013
adewasco2k:
things to checkout
1. try an external mouse and see if it work
2. try to reinstall the touchpad driver
3. make sure the touchpad is not turn off/disabled (i dont kow the model of your PC)
Thanks bro....3 was the problem, it was disabled!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 7:22pm On Mar 03, 2013
please ..i dont knw anything abt p.c ooh.. But my dad wants to buy a laptop preferable hp pavilion g6..plz can u guy enlight me more.. Hw much z it in abuja,,,,z it gud wit games..and apps ....plz i realy want dz laptop or any beta hp wit webcam
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akell(m): 8:36pm On Mar 03, 2013
[quote authour=rextab]
Help, im a newbie here,my laptop takes about 7 to 10min for the task bar or start up munu to be ready evry time i switch on and also for the ON sound to come. Wt cud be the problem n wat shud i do pls advise.thanku [/quote]

wolebaba:

Too many apps and processes starting up. Click start and type sysconfig in yo search prompt and press enter. From the sysconfig dialogue prompt, click on startup tab and you will see the apps that will startup wen you start yo PC. You can disable as much as many apps from starting up with the PC by clicking the checkbox in front of the app U wanna disable then click OK in the end and restart.

NOTE: do exactly as I stated above ooooo else sysconfig can hurt you PC more if you do the wrong tin.

dont uncheck any microsoft programme oooooo. Na yawa be that ooo
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akell(m): 8:38pm On Mar 03, 2013
Rextab:
Help, im a newbie here,my laptop takes about 7 to 10min for the task bar or start up munu to be ready evry time i switch on and also for the ON sound to come. Wt cud be the problem n wat shud i do pls advise.thanku

wolebaba:

dont uncheck any microsoft programme oooooo. Na yawa be that ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (1231) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.