Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,389 members, 7,944,008 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 09:54 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1327989 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (1231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by temitayoadegoke(m): 2:39pm On Sep 09, 2013
Pls help me, my laptop's usb ports just stopped working. I have tried and tried do no change. I need help on how to make it work thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KazeKage1: 3:41pm On Sep 09, 2013
temitayoadegoke: Pls help me, my laptop's usb ports just stopped working. I have tried and tried do no change. I need help on how to make it work thanks

What OS do you have installed on it? Did you/anyone else perform any recent driver update recently?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 6:07pm On Sep 09, 2013
pasqal09: Please does anyone have the registration code for Total Video Converter
brother wat happen'd to google?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bright007(f): 4:32am On Sep 10, 2013
gurus in the house,pls help me rectify this problem.

i installed a game called "driver" on my toshiba satelite system and after installation it is refusing to launch/play.
all i see a message on the screen thus:
the program cant start because d3dx9_30.dll is missing from your computer.
pls how do i fix this problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ncpat(m): 7:42am On Sep 10, 2013
bright007: gurus in the house,pls help me rectify this problem.

i installed a game called "driver" on my toshiba satelite system and after installation it is refusing to launch/play.
all i see a message on the screen thus:
the program cant start because d3dx9_30.dll is missing from your computer.
pls how do i fix this problem?

1. Restart your your system if the same problem persist

2. install the latest version of dirext X (DirectX 11

3 If the above did not work here is the link to download the missing file http://www.4shared.com/file/-hjdDpX2/d3dx9_30.htm
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ntutu(m): 10:19am On Sep 10, 2013
Gurus in the house good morning Sirs. my HP Mini 110-1120EZ Laptop is poping out continuosly 'WINDOWS HELP AND SUPPORT' any time i on the system or want to click on any application.I have look for how to disable it but cant see were to do that.It doesnt allow me to do any thing again.Please help me out in rectifing it.My F1 key is working fine and i have Avast as an anti-virus.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 10, 2013
Hi, good morning. My laptop has had this issue of going off immediately the power source is out for 3 days now. . .this morning, I noticed that the battery hadn't actually been charging, it says "plugged in, not charging". . .could this be the problem and how can it be solved? Thank you!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bright007(f): 12:19pm On Sep 10, 2013
ncpat:

3 If the above did not work here is the link to download the missing file http://www.4shared.com/file/-hjdDpX2/d3dx9_30.htm

thank you boss.i installed directx and it started working
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bright007(f): 12:19pm On Sep 10, 2013
ncpat:

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cassidyok(m): 1:56pm On Sep 10, 2013
My computer is restarting by itself
secondly another computer will power on but will not boot or display
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 10, 2013
Op you are doing a great job here.

Incase anyone of you is in need of a US phone numbers that rings on you phone line here in nigeria, you can
get it done at UsaCallSms. com

There is a 20 min free trial being given on this thread on Nairaland;

https://www.nairaland.com/1417258/get-usa-phone-number-calls#17756029
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by eaglesystemsltd: 4:40pm On Sep 10, 2013
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bright007(f): 4:59am On Sep 09

pls help with my newly acquired lsptop.
i have been trying to switch on its bluetooth without success.
the major problem is that it is pre-installed with windows 8 which i am not yet conversant with.
pls someont educate me on how to switch on the bluetooth,

Solution 1:
Press the windows key on ur keyboard and type Bluetooth, then check on searched displayed setting. Follow the instruction on screen for the rest info

Solution 2:
Did you know how to get to control panel. If yes, check your Bluetooth devices there. If no press the windows key and type control panel.

If you still not get it call: 08057944472.

Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by eaglesystemsltd: 4:47pm On Sep 10, 2013
10730. cassidyok: Quote Post
My computer is restarting by itself
Solution:

Check ur RAM first.

You can also reach us on 08057944472 for free info and assistance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by temitayoadegoke(m): 5:14pm On Sep 10, 2013
KazeKage1:
What OS do you have installed on it? Did you/anyone else perform any recent driver update recently?

Thanks for ur response.

I did a full virus scan (boot scan) n deleted some corrupt files.

Its win 7. I have tried windows update but no change.

I will appreciate any help u can render
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by naijawisdom(m): 2:54am On Sep 11, 2013
Pls my hp pavilion has a motherboard problem and needs to be replaced. What will be the minimum cost of a motherboard?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AmokaHabib: 8:52am On Sep 11, 2013
please my desktop computer is not attaching file from document to yahoo what can i do please
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by conyema12(m): 12:57pm On Sep 11, 2013
Good day guys.
Pls i need help, my hp lap has stopped browing through my modem. I have inserted my sim in another modem, the same problem still persists. It will connect normally but it wouldnt download data. Is there anything i need to do? Could the problem be from the service provider? Has my system been attacked by virus?
My os is XP
Thanx as I anxiously wait for suggetions.

I just tried the modem in another system and it worked
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bedfordng(m): 3:47pm On Sep 11, 2013
conyema12: Good day guys.
Pls i need help, my hp lap has stopped browing through my modem. I have inserted my sim in another modem, the same problem still persists. It will connect normally but it wouldnt download data. Is there anything i need to do? Could the problem be from the service provider? Has my system been attacked by virus?
My os is XP

could probably be network problem.did u try using other network to see if it would browse
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bedfordng(m): 3:51pm On Sep 11, 2013
Amoka Habib: please my desktop computer is not attaching file from document to yahoo what can i do please
u need to explain further.is it that you cant upload after attaching files to yahoo uploader or you can't attach files to the uploader after searching for it on your computer.have you tried using other web browsers
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bedfordng(m): 3:54pm On Sep 11, 2013
naijawisdom: Pls my hp pavilion has a motherboard problem and needs to be replaced. What will be the minimum cost of a motherboard?
will advice you to buy new pc if you have by adding money to what it may cost you to replace it.they may charge you up to 40-60k.mother board is the computer it self so replacing it is like buying new computer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bedfordng(m): 4:00pm On Sep 11, 2013
ntutu: Gurus in the house good morning Sirs. my HP Mini 110-1120EZ Laptop is poping out continuosly 'WINDOWS HELP AND SUPPORT' any time i on the system or want to click on any application.I have look for how to disable it but cant see were to do that.It doesnt allow me to do any thing again.Please help me out in rectifing it.My F1 key is working fine and i have Avast as an anti-virus.
your case is a rear one.have you tried restoring your pc back to a state before you noticed the problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bedfordng(m): 4:06pm On Sep 11, 2013
temitayoadegoke: Pls help me, my laptop's usb ports just stopped working. I have tried and tried do no change. I need help on how to make it work thanks
since it has stoped working, it could be an hardware problem.if it is, then you would have to take it to a computer engineer near you to replace it.you can try checking if it is disabled by right clicking on my computer and choose manage, then click on device manager and scroll to usb to see if it is disabled or not and or insert any usb like flash drive and see if it would show up as triangle on the device manager
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 5:08pm On Sep 11, 2013
He should just uninstall all those usb devices he finds there. Shut down the system and restart.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 10:04pm On Sep 11, 2013
bedfordng: could probably be network problem.did u try using other network to see if it would browse

conyema12: Good day guys.
My os is XP

since u tried it on another pc and it worked, so the issue of network is eliminated. we will look at some things that comes to mind now. Virus, corrupt OS, or u did actually install an application that hinders packet transfer. I know some application that once installed on an xp system, MTN modems will never transfer data. So if u did install any app try uninstalling it and test ur modem again. Update ur AntiVirus or AntiMalware and scan ur system. If u have a valid restore point, do a system restore to a date the modem once worked with ur system. And also try uninstalling the modem app, and install again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 10:20pm On Sep 11, 2013
naijawisdom: Pls my hp pavilion has a motherboard problem and needs to be replaced. What will be the minimum cost of a motherboard?

bedfordng: will advice you to buy new pc if you have by adding money to what it may cost you to replace it.they may charge you up to 40-60k.mother board is the computer it self so replacing it is like buying new computer.

@ bedfordng, I am not down with ur suggestion. so if ur car engine is worn out, won't u be more inclined to replace the engine than buying another car. @ OP, if u stay at lagos, just jejely carry ur laptop to computer village ask of any reputable repair centers that can diagnose the equipment, it may not even be board problem(just shine ya eyes). if they confirm its the board....I believe u r not a kid, u should know what 2 do from here, but all in all it shouldn't be more than 23k, and don't 4get u did not state the version of the pavilion, may get a lil bit higher depending on availability and the version.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 10:56pm On Sep 11, 2013

bedfordng: since it has stoped working, it could be an hardware problem.if it is, then you would have to take it to a computer engineer near you to replace it.you can try checking if it is disabled by right clicking on my computer and choose manage, then click on device manager and scroll to usb to see if it is disabled or not and or insert any usb like flash drive and see if it would show up as triangle on the device manager

Yes it could probably be a hardware problem, laptops use add-on cards PCMCIA, u don't replace a USB port, OP will need to get a USB PCMCIA card, to use in place of the on-board USB port, if, assuming that the on-board USB is bad. But first Op, do what onegig said remove all usb device from the device manager, that is if the system can even detect the usb, scan for hardware changes or restart the system, Could be an OS issue.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 11:16pm On Sep 11, 2013
cassidyok: My computer is restarting by itself

eaglesystemsltd: 10730. cassidyok: Quote Post

Solution:

Check ur RAM first.

I seriously believe the problem of the two systems is from the OS and not the RAM, but still cannot eliminate the RAM yet. I think first, he ought to try to start the system from safe mode. Safe mode can do magic at times. If the system still restarts in safe mode, op should try repairing or reinstalling the OS.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by buccunmie(m): 11:31pm On Sep 11, 2013
My laptop is not comin up and is showin stuf. Like I shud reload d window
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 12:12am On Sep 12, 2013
buccunmie: My laptop is not comin up and is showin stuf. Like I shud reload d window

What kinda stuff..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by conyema12(m): 6:09am On Sep 12, 2013
KnightsTemplar:

since u tried it on another pc and it worked, so the issue of network is eliminated. we will look at some things that comes to mind now. Virus, corrupt OS, or u did actually install an application that hinders packet transfer. I know some application that once installed on an xp system, MTN modems will never transfer data. So if u did install any app try uninstalling it and test ur modem again. Update ur AntiVirus or AntiMalware and scan ur system. If u have a valid restore point, do a system restore to a date the modem once worked with ur system. And also try uninstalling the modem app, and install again.

Solved, thanx bedford and knights....you guys are truely the bomb.. I can now fire up with my browsing.

Cheers
Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (1231) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.