Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,005 members, 7,909,709 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 11:19 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1310842 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (1228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:46pm On Sep 13, 2013
afegbua:

Thanks for the assistance..but the link does not open a site..the response i get is "!Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)".
What other way can u help me?? Plz
http://download.cnet.com/Mobile-Intel-R-915GM-GMS-910GML-Express-Chipset-Family/3000-2108_4-193516.html

Click on download direct link
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by profoslan(m): 5:59am On Sep 14, 2013
I recently found that I anytime I'm charging my hp notebook the cursor just starts jumping around uncontrolable, I hav tried all the tricks I know except reloadin the window7 OS .pls kindly advise on the solution or is it an hardware problem?
Even external mouse behave in d same way.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:41am On Sep 14, 2013
profoslan: I recently found that I anytime I'm charging my hp notebook the cursor just starts jumping around uncontrolable, I hav tried all the tricks I know except reloadin the window7 OS .pls kindly advise on the solution or is it an hardware problem?
Even external mouse behave in d same way.
change your charger.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 8:02am On Sep 14, 2013
onegig:

Bro your Wireless device not even found nor activated.

Press the fn+f2 keys to put it on .

If however this does not work.

Restart the system and continuously press f2 until the bios setup loads.

Go under network. Click enable wireless device with fn+f2 keys...

Save it and restart the system. It would show now. Your wireless device is disabled...
i've done that b4. .shows the [A] Symbol. .but nothing comes up
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dinobenson: 8:18am On Sep 14, 2013
Pls how can i get bluetooth driver that can work on window 7 and 8 for my sony laptop.i noticed it did not come with in built bluetooth.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:33am On Sep 14, 2013
GrAnDwEeZ: i've done that b4. .shows the [A] Symbol. .but nothing comes up
did you go through the bios steps i gave up there? If you did all those and it didn't work i guess the wireless card on the board is disconnected.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by afegbua(m): 9:31am On Sep 14, 2013
onegig: http://download.cnet.com/Mobile-Intel-R-915GM-GMS-910GML-Express-Chipset-Family/3000-2108_4-193516.html

Click on download direct link
I tried the link and downloded the driver but after extracting and about to install, it says its not supported by my Windows 7 OS..the driver was meant for windows XP and older versions of windows.
I need the one dat wll work for windows 7 pls.
Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:32am On Sep 14, 2013
Dinobenson: Pls how can i get bluetooth driver that can work on window 7 and 8 for my sony laptop.i noticed it did not come with in built bluetooth.
buy a usb blue tooth dongle.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:43am On Sep 14, 2013
afegbua:
I tried the link and downloded the driver but after extracting and about to install, it says its not supported by my Windows 7 OS..the driver was meant for windows XP and older versions of windows.
I need the one dat wll work for windows 7 pls.
Thanks.
that driver is not made for windows 7. That video card does not support windows 7 so you have to tweak it. Go to my computer, right click and select properties. When the next page opens select device manager, when the device manager said loads click on video adapters . If your video card is already drived as standard vga then right click and choose upgrade driver.. Select upgrade driver from location. Navigate to the location you extracted to and select the folder. Click ok. It would automaticablly install it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 10:26am On Sep 14, 2013
@onegig..! It workz..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:37am On Sep 14, 2013
Donsammi: @onegig..! It workz..
i will check it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 12:07pm On Sep 14, 2013
onegig: did you go through the bios steps i gave up there? If you did all those and it didn't work i guess the wireless card on the board is disconnected.
i've done that.got same result. .tried installin it with the cd that came wit it. .got a response that its not compatible wit ma system. .while d oda. 'insert the card
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 12:07pm On Sep 14, 2013
onegig: did you go through the bios steps i gave up there? If you did all those and it didn't work i guess the wireless card on the board is disconnected.
i've done that.got same result. .tried installin it with the cd that came wit it. .got a response that its not compatible wit ma system. .while d oda. ' askd me to insert the card
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:12pm On Sep 14, 2013
GrAnDwEeZ: i've done that.got same result. .tried installin it with the cd that came wit it. .got a response that its not compatib le wit ma system. .while d oda. ' askd me to insert the card
do you understand what i meant by bios? Restart system and press f2 go under network and select enable..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HABRUZZY(m): 12:21pm On Sep 14, 2013
please i get dis error wen trying to open my videos on my pc The request could not be performed
because of an I/O device error ...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Slatemsk(m): 12:42pm On Sep 14, 2013
pls which anti virus is d best for dell laptop window xp
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by afegbua(m): 1:33pm On Sep 14, 2013
onegig: that driver is not made for windows 7. That video card does not support windows 7 so you have to tweak it. Go to my computer, right click and select properties. When the next page opens select device manager, when the device manager said loads click on video adapters . If your video card is already drived as standard vga then right click and choose upgrade driver.. Select upgrade driver from location. Navigate to the location you extracted to and select the folder. Click ok. It would automaticablly install it.
I already done that and it says the best VGA driver has already been installed..i uninstalled the former VGA so as to pave way for the one i downloaded and my screen display became unusually big, i did a system restore to make it small as it was..guess what i need is 'VIDEO CONTROLLER' not VGA adapter cos in my device manager, they are separated and Video controller shows 'Not iinstalled'.
Any help on how to get the video controller would just put an end to my worries right now..pls help and thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 1:47pm On Sep 14, 2013
HABRUZZY: please i get dis error wen trying to open my videos on my pc The request could not be performed
because of an I/O device error ...

http://www.tune-your-pc.com/blog/what-is-an-io-device-error-and-how-to-fix-it/

Check the link for detailed instructions.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 1:53pm On Sep 14, 2013
afegbua:
I already done that and it says the best VGA driver has already been installed..i uninstalled the former VGA so as to pave way for the one i downloaded and my screen display became unusually big, i did a system restore to make it small as it was..guess what i need is 'VIDEO CONTROLLER' not VGA adapter cos in my device manager, they are separated and Video controller shows 'Not iinstalled'.
Any help on how to get the video controller would just put an end to my worries right now..pls help and thanks.

Can you take a picture of the device manager page and upload?

also before that i doubt you followed the process i gave earlier.

follow these steps in the link below.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/driverssupport/ss/update-drivers-windows-7-tutorial_7.htm
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by afegbua(m): 3:42pm On Sep 14, 2013
[quote author=onegig]

Can you take a picture of the device manager page and upload?

also before that i doubt you followed the process i gave earlier.

follow these steps in the link below.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/driverssupport/ss/update-drivers-windows-7-tutorial_7.htm[/quo
I followed the exact processes u prescribed..what i need is the video controller, my VGA is doing perfectly fine.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 3:53pm On Sep 14, 2013
onegig: i will check it.
ok! Aleast i used it on my huawei etislt e303...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 14, 2013
i upgraded my system 4rm windows 7 to windows developers preview(fake windows 8 i bought by mistake) and now my partition C is no longer accessable. Neither by me(an administrator) nor by the SYSTEM.
BTW where can i get windows 8 or 8 pro original cd.
I ran windows 8 advisor on my system b4 i bought the cd. And my system was good to go! Buh it cost much + the size is too much 4 download.

I use fujitsu semiens amilo li950 notebook. Originaly came with windows vista.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:38pm On Sep 14, 2013
afegbua: pic
ask yourself what is video controller and what vga driver is. Don't confuse yourself with those terminologies. Just take a screenshot of the device manager page and upload.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:39pm On Sep 14, 2013
wink

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by profoslan(m): 8:03pm On Sep 14, 2013
onegig: change your charger.
Thanks a lot onegig I actually borrow a friend's charger of the same model and it work perfectly well
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:50pm On Sep 14, 2013
profoslan:
Thanks a lot onegig I actually borrow a friend's charger of the same model and it work perfectly well
welcome. Happy to be of help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ameen2much: 10:11pm On Sep 14, 2013
please can any one help me with the link to find hp leserjet 1200 driver for windows 8?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by arsenal1(m): 10:48pm On Sep 14, 2013
Hello techie in the house. I need an urgent help. My mozilla brings this error message when I launch it. It started this evening.

'Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.google.com.ng.

You have received an invalid certificate. Please contact the server administrator or email correspondent and give them the following information:

Your certificate contains the same serial number as another certificate issued by the certificate authority. Please get a new certificate containing a unique serial number.

(Error code: sec_error_reused_issuer_and_serial)

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem. Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this broken site.'
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 11:13pm On Sep 14, 2013
onegig: do you understand what i meant by bios? Restart system and press f2 go under network and select enable..
y not. .bios where u can also set d booting sequence. .i've enabled d wireless there
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 14, 2013
did anyone see my question?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:38am On Sep 15, 2013
please house, i need your help .files in my external hard drive develop short cut on the files while i was trying to access them. each time i click any of those files it will ask me do i want to delete the file (yes /No). if i should click yes it will remove the file or folder to the recycle bin. please what can i do as i dont want to loose my files as they are my back up. any advice is welcome . i will appreciate. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (1228) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.