Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,862 members, 7,972,995 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 03:40 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1340770 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (1234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:58pm On Sep 15, 2013
all4naija: Your system time and date are not correct. Please, correct your system time and date. Right-click on the time and date icon on the systray on the extreme right-hand corner of your screen and select 'Adjust Time and Date'. Set the time and date to the correct time in your country.

That is the problem.
Dude,thnks for saving me d stress of writing wt u already wrote..as I read his post,I smiled as I knew it was just the time and date error as opposed to wat an 'expert' advised him to do...I hope the poster wld write bck to tell us which actually worked
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:05am On Sep 16, 2013
onegig: what errors do you get? Are other file functions working perfectly. Can you open my documents folder?
Assess the conversation and derive the information..wat other errors are u hoping to read and ow can he assess my documents wen he alredy wrote-he can't assess C:..its either he had a partial installation or he may have erased the partition..for me,its 2ways:using my hiren flash,I wld be able to mount the filesystem on linuz to see wts left on dhard drive or simple slave the hard drive as a removable on another system so as to have aCcess to it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:23am On Sep 16, 2013
onegig: it won't work.. The vga card is not supported by windows 7 and intel never made a windows 7 driver for it. Even if he stop it in compatibility mode it won't install naturally except he extracts and locates the driver from there. Which he has done.
En en..ow do u know it won't work?just cuz it int listed doesn't mean a device driver ws never created for it..to butress 'all4nija' point(he was on point)-instead of searching online..4me,I use a driverpack cd (drp) to scan all drivers,it wld scan automticticlly and for any 'not available',it wld refer u to a proper hardware site using the unknown hardware-id/vendors extracted from d system so u can download
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:43am On Sep 16, 2013
onegig: your files are intact. The problem is caused by a virus which turns active folder and files to shortcuts. Here's how to resolve it.

https://www.nairaland.com/1268682/how-resolve-hidden-files-flash
R u aware the author of that 'virus' is aware of that option.?ur resolve only reverts hhidden files(-h)..from my experience and study..the author added other parameters to make it more potent(+s make it system file),(-a makes it not accessible) so the most potent resolve is to 1st tink like the author then u can remedy the situation..
Its not even a virus and totally harmless.if have good DOS programming bckground then u'd understnd it beta..just typethe correct PATHS and ur files wld appear eg if u had a 1GIG folder that has been turned into a shortcut..just type E:\1GIG and ur files wld reappear..(Where e:is the drive name ),for non professionals,just copy all ur files..create a new folder 1GIG2 and paste in there..delete all the shortcuts..for pros,no need all that wahala..just goto CMD as admin and type CD\ (to go to root directory)
E: (to change path to the infected drive)
Attrib -h -s +a /S /D *.* and hit enter

Solution2: scan the drive wit a strong antivirus,I use kaspersky..it wld immediately flush out the rootkit causing the problem and all ur files wld be restored in d right path
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:43am On Sep 16, 2013
F
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:44am On Sep 16, 2013
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bosa1(m): 4:07am On Sep 16, 2013
Gd moni everyone, how can I get tutorial on how to format different system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tomzman: 7:25am On Sep 16, 2013
pls I need replies to my earlier post.
Secondly, one idiyot over here wanted to close my PC yesterday but ended up slamming it. Now, my pc is showing lines with different colours which I guess should be a screen problem. I'm I wrong or right and if I'm right, like how much would it cost me to repair it. Lest I forget, it's an hp650.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pheesayor(m): 9:36am On Sep 16, 2013
The swift router is working fine, when connected firectly to it or through wifi, everything fworks fine
onegig:

Focus more on the swift router....

If its blocking some sites on certain systems or operating systems then the problem is with the protocol supported on the router.

Since the system worked fine before the introduction of the swift router. the problem is with the swift router.

I don't think there's any problem with the windows 7 systems or their configurations. maybe the router is old and is not compatible with later versions of windows after xp.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 16, 2013
sameolg616:
Assess the conversation and derive the information..wat other errors are u hoping to read and ow can he assess my documents wen he alredy wrote-he can't assess C:..its either he had a partial installation or he may have erased the partition..for me,its 2ways:using my hiren flash,I wld be able to mount the filesystem on linuz to see wts left on dhard drive or simple slave the hard drive as a removable on another system so as to have aCcess to it
actually i can play music and view pictures. And also open few system apps. Luckily i have a backup of C in D. So im thinking of formatting the system completly. I still have all my setup files in the backup. I reinstalled my pc suite yersterday so i can use my fone to browse. As 4 partial installation, thats what i suspect cos i disturbed the installation by mistake but later used the same cd to repair windows. A few ealier errors was corrected. But my C still write u dont have permission to view this. Access denied!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:39am On Sep 16, 2013
afegbua:

i tried that before..i unistalled the vga driver and the display went very big as if the screen was too small..i instaled the one i downloaded and it told me that my computer cannot work with it and then the installer was exitted automatically...i had to do a system restore for it to return to its normal display size...i have deleted the driver i downloaded since its not compatible
i even tried to tweak it like u told me to do but it said a driver was not found in he computer even after i narroed the browse down to my desktop where i extracted the driver to.

pls could u gime a link to get the driver that will work for it so i can try again? i tink all dis problem is comin cos the default windows is XP before i installed windows 7 or maybe the system VGA for windows 7 is not yet available.
thanks.

[url=http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/VGA/VGA_Intel_6.14.10.4384_XPx86.zip?acerid=633701108171072961&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%203620&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=EMEA_28] vga driver[/url]

[url=http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Chipset/Chipset_Intel_6.2.1.1001_XPx86.zip?acerid=633701108139405164&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%203620&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=EMEA_28]download this chipset driver[/url]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:42am On Sep 16, 2013
pheesayor: The swift router is working fine, when connected firectly to it or through wifi, everything fworks fine

Check this link.. Might be of help.

Click here
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by afegbua(m): 8:10pm On Sep 16, 2013
all4naija:

1. First and foremost, right-click on your 'Computer' at your desktop and click 'Manage'.

2. At 'Compute Management' click on 'Device Manager' and look to the right-hand side of the dialogue for 'Display Adapter', right-click on the file with yellow indicator and click 'Properties'.

3. On next dialogue click 'Details' tab. Under 'Property' select 'Hardware IDs' and right-click on the first list under 'Value' and click copy. Paste it into Google search to search for your particular driver.

4. Download the driver and install it.
thanks, i got it all figured out..u too much broda
thanks i did that downloaded and i have a change in the graphics properties of my system... i can now play games on it..its changed from standard VGA graphics to intel 915 chipset family..as compared to before, this is what i now have(check pix)

If you have any question,please, post it here.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-xOKjQWX_8io/UOBLAOyzMmI/AAAAAAAABTk/movoR1lH9kk/s1600/Computer_management2.jpg[/img]

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by afegbua(m): 8:18pm On Sep 16, 2013
@onegig and all4naija.....thanks to u guys, i got it all figured out....una too much
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by maafen: 9:48pm On Sep 16, 2013
Gurus in tђε̲̣̣̣̥ house please my PC's speaker works at will at times it works other times it will not work. Somtimes it will stop abruptly when am using it. Please help if you knoww tђε̲̣̣̣̥ solution.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:40am On Sep 17, 2013
onegig: it won't work.. The vga card is not supported by windows 7 and intel never made a windows 7 driver for it. Even if he stop it in compatibility mode it won't install naturally except he extracts and locates the driver from there. Which he has done.

As long as it is compatible with the HARDWARE Identification it will work. Excepting there is no existing VGA driver for the chipset.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hephhay: 7:05am On Sep 17, 2013
pls house i need your help,my E-machine(mini laptop) turns off charger when i plug it and is not booting again.pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:24am On Sep 17, 2013
all4naija:

As long as it is compatible with the HARDWARE Identification it will work. Excepting there is no existing VGA driver for the chipset.
I know that quite well. What i was trying to insinuate up there was that direct download and installation won't work because of compatibility issues. He tried downloading the driver directly and upon installation it will always give you that operating system not supported even if you use the backward compatibility feature on win 7. The way to go is to use other methods. But anyways i guess he has resolved it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by beau49: 10:39am On Sep 17, 2013
Hello house....PLS I NEED UR HELP! M currently doin a course n my instructor installed my course notes on my system buh wen I tried 2 openin it nuttin happened....can sum1 pls hlp cus I need read 4 my up comin test.

Wud really appreciate it if I can get a reply.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:09pm On Sep 17, 2013
beau49: Hello house....PLS I NEED UR HELP! M currently doin a course n my instructor installed my course notes on my system buh wen I tried 2 openin it nuttin happened....can sum1 pls hlp cus I need read 4 my up comin test.

Wud really appreciate it if I can get a reply.
what software or what package. Give more details.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pheesayor(m): 3:22pm On Sep 17, 2013
it didn't work but I solved it by returning the swift router into the network switch and I disabled DHCP on the windows server and everything started working fine.
Thanks for your time
onegig:

Check this link.. Might be of help.

Click here
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by beau49: 3:47pm On Sep 17, 2013
onegig: what software or what package. Give more details.

M really a novice wen it cums 2 dis stuff.....it is my CCNA course lecture notes(exploration)n it won't open weneva I click on d open course icon
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 4:54pm On Sep 17, 2013
beau49:

M really a novice wen it cums 2 dis stuff.....it is my CCNA course lecture notes(exploration)n it won't open weneva I click on d open course icon
You will probably need an exam engine to load any of those courses or dumps eg visual cert exam manager or exam formatter..let me know if the extension is vce or simply send the the ccna course code
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by saddler: 6:48pm On Sep 17, 2013
pls help me.i dont know what is wrong with my new system.
i switched it on a few days ago and before i could say jack robinson,the system restarted, what i saw on the screen was "installing update 1 of 14"
then after updating, i saw "reconfiguring windows, do not turn off the computer"
all this process took about one hour.
today again, the same thing happened.
pls advice me on what is happening, thank God that i have enough battery on both occassion,what about if the battery was low! haba.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by beau49: 7:19pm On Sep 17, 2013
sameolg616:
You will probably need an exam engine to load any of those courses or dumps eg visual cert exam manager or exam formatter..let me know if the extension is vce or simply send the the ccna course code

U might as well av bin speakin italian 4 all I knw....*vry deeppp sigh*.....it was installed by my instructor dnt knw any tin abt extension or vce... cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by falansa: 12:02am On Sep 18, 2013
I want to format my hp655 window 8 laptop i dont have recovery cd but there is a partition disk drive on my computer wit recovery title. Pls can i reformat without recovery cd? If yes i need step by step guide on how to do so. Thank you in advance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 12:25am On Sep 18, 2013
falansa: I want to format my hp655 window 8 laptop i dont have recovery cd but there is a partition disk drive on my computer wit recovery title. Pls can i reformat without recovery cd? If yes i need step by step guide on how to do so. Thank you in advance
did u buy it as a brand new pc if yes have u ever formated it b4 now...?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 5:05am On Sep 18, 2013
beau49:

U might as well av bin speakin italian 4 all I knw....*vry deeppp sigh*.....it was installed by my instructor dnt knw any tin abt extension or vce... cry
If ur instructor has installed it,then meet him onow to use it..I remember those tins wer never really free so if u have paid for it then he must show u ow to use it.u have to know how to integrate the files into the reader(engine).callme for further assistance on 08061679732
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 5:10am On Sep 18, 2013
falansa: I want to format my hp655 window 8 laptop i dont have recovery cd but there is a partition disk drive on my computer wit recovery title. Pls can i reformat without recovery cd? If yes i need step by step guide on how to do so. Thank you in advance
Why do u wan reforrmat?it shd be a last option.wat problems were u encountering?else maybe u. Just wan learn ow to use recovery or wiping someone else' laptop?we need to be sure
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 5:14am On Sep 18, 2013
saddler: pls help me.i dont know what is wrong with my new system.
i switched it on a few days ago and before i could say jack robinson,the system restarted, what i saw on the screen was "installing update 1 of 14"
then after updating, i saw "reconfiguring windows, do not turn off the computer"
all this process took about one hour.
today again, the same thing happened.
pls advice me on what is happening, thank God that i have enough battery on both occassion,what about if the battery was low! haba.
U have to wait for all those updates to finish installing before anytin can be said.I'm sure u will be able to continue work wen its done
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by falansa: 5:20am On Sep 18, 2013
brightk: did u buy it as a brand new pc if yes have u ever formated it b4 now...?

i bought it brand new about 4months ago and I have never formated it before. I just want to do it coz the system is getting slower and i also suspect there might be a virus on it. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by falansa: 5:34am On Sep 18, 2013
sameolg616:
Why do u wan reforrmat?it shd be a last option.wat problems were u encountering?else maybe u. Just wan learn ow to use recovery or wiping someone else' laptop?we need to be sure

Thanks for the honest reply, i bought it brand new four months ago and i have not formated it before. Reasons why i intend to format is include
1) the disk space is almost full without know what docs occupy the spaces
2) It is getting slower, and at times take up to a min before vlc player can load, and also took longer than normal when switching it off.
3) window defender have been notifying since a week ago that there malware on the system and when i scanned it wit antivirus, it found none
And lastly i think d dvd rom driver is faulty coz the dvd rom will eject itself without playing anytime i inserted any disk to it.
I just want to recover it back to the first time i bought it with a view that the problems mentioned above will be solved.
Your help will be highly appreciated, thanks sir

Am still waiting for respond pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (1234) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.