Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,427 members, 7,944,122 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 11:40 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1328013 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (1231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pheesayor(m): 2:26pm On Sep 12, 2013
Hello gurus,
I have an issue with a network here.
We recently added a server to the network running server 2003, network was fine but there was problem with internet.
ISP is swift and was connected directly to the network switch. Windows XP systems could browse while Windows 7 system could not browse ( we had already configured DNS and active directory).
Due to this we decided to connect the swift connection directly to the server (has two NICs), all systems started browsing but then I now noticed some sites could not be accessed.
For example I can access my blog through bogger.com but can't view from .com. Some other sites too can't be accessed but they all can be accessed from the server system.
What could possibly be the way out?

Note: swift DHCP address range is 192.168.1.1 while that of server system DHCP is 192.168.0.1
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 4:56pm On Sep 12, 2013
onegig:

Can you expand the network adapters link and retake the pic?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by doft(m): 6:25pm On Sep 12, 2013
pls my hp 655 comes wit windows 8 but d bluetooth is displaying in french despite the fact that the computer language is in english. Pls help out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samkizzy(m): 6:51pm On Sep 12, 2013
pls help me..how do I boot or start my windows 8 hp
laptop...wen I put it on it just shows me a blank
screen..notin shows at all.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by crowntoro(f): 5:19am On Sep 13, 2013
Pls kindly help me on ow to install adobe flash player on my system. I had successfully download it on the system bt i was unable to install. Pls i need help on ow to do dt
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 9:51am On Sep 13, 2013
pheesayor: Hello gurus,
I have an issue with a network here.
We recently added a server to the network running server 2003, network was fine but there was problem with internet.
ISP is swift and was connected directly to the network switch. Windows XP systems could browse while Windows 7 system could not browse ( we had already configured DNS and active directory).
Due to this we decided to connect the swift connection directly to the server (has two NICs), all systems started browsing but then I now noticed some sites could not be accessed.
For example I can access my blog through bogger.com but can't view from .com. Some other sites too can't be accessed but they all can be accessed from the server system.
What could possibly be the way out?

Note: swift DHCP address range is 192.168.1.1 while that of server system DHCP is 192.168.0.1
Thanks
I guess your not an administrator on this said server....there is probably an implemented policy or proxy on the firewall with the server which is supposed to restrict/block some out-bound sites(blog,facebook etc) probably while at work.
all that ip oyinbo u wrote was just the default gateway..it doesn't relate wit ur problem..
the best way to by-pass firewall is through the use of proxies...I wont deliberate so much on this...but here is a tip...
download freegate..(yes the famous freegate)it would hijack the dns and give u a customised server/browser that will by-pass the firewall
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 9:54am On Sep 13, 2013
crowntoro: Pls kindly help me on ow to install adobe flash player on my system. I had successfully download it on the system bt i was unable to install. Pls i need help on ow to do dt
re-download it...it always simple to install
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:02am On Sep 13, 2013
Victoriousvic: Hi, good morning. My laptop has had this issue of going off immediately the power source is out for 3 days now. . .this morning, I noticed that the battery hadn't actually been charging, it says "plugged in, not charging". . .could this be the problem and how can it be solved? Thank you!
that is not the power adapter for the system...the ratings are not the same...they may look identical and even fit each other but its not the same...if ur system requirements is 19v 3.5a and u put an 18.5 3.5a the result would be "pluggee in but not charging"
here is the interesting part,if ur battery is on 60% and u continue wit that charger,it would maintain the 60% status(ie it wont chatge or discharge it)till u remove the charger..
check under ur laptop for the output requirement of ur laptop and contrast it wit that on ur charger..u will be able to tell the difference
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pheesayor(m): 10:07am On Sep 13, 2013
there's no site blocked on the server. I'm the IT guy here but it seems this is going beyond me.
Is there any tweaking I can do with the dns to make it work? I can't install freegate on all the workstations nao. Is there anything I can do on the server to make this work?
Thanks
sameolg616:
I guess your not an administrator on this said server....there is probably an implemented policy or proxy on the firewall with the server which is supposed to restrict/block some out-bound sites(blog,facebook etc) probably while at work.
all that ip oyinbo u wrote was just the default gateway..it doesn't relate wit ur problem..
the best way to by-pass firewall is through the use of proxies...I wont deliberate so much on this...but here is a tip...
download freegate..(yes the famous freegate)it would hijack the dns and give u a customised server/browser that will by-pass the firewall
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:09am On Sep 13, 2013
ntutu: Gurus in the house good morning Sirs. my HP Mini 110-1120EZ Laptop is poping out continuosly 'WINDOWS HELP AND SUPPORT' any time i on the system or want to click on any application.I have look for how to disable it but cant see were to do that.It doesnt allow me to do any thing again.Please help me out in rectifing it.My F1 key is working fine and i have Avast as an anti-virus.
its probably a virus...here is a quick one if u can disinfect yet....create another user profile with administrative rights...install another antivirus or just backup and restore the system back to factory settings
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:16am On Sep 13, 2013
pheesayor: there's no site blocked on the server. I'm the IT guy here but it seems this is going beyond me.
Is there any tweaking I can do with the dns to make it work? I can't install freegate on all the workstations nao. Is there anything I can do on the server to make this work?
Thanks
connect the lan cable of the swift router directly to a system and enter the configuration with 192.168.0.1...now check the firewall settings on the router since its the internet source for the server...use a clean system(so that ur troubleshooting my be traced accurately)..try open the sites which the swift is connected only to a laptop directly..if they open then its a policy or setting from the server or the antivirus running on the server(most antivirus come with their own firewall as well)..if it doesn't,then its from either the laptop or swift router
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:25am On Sep 13, 2013
conyema12:

Solved, thanx bedford and knights....you guys are truely the bomb.. I can now fire up with my browsing.

Cheers
Cheers
dude,dont just say thanx and solved..i think its important to point out which of the suggestions worked so that others reading can know how to fix the problem directly witout reading all the threads on ur case
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gbade60: 2:42pm On Sep 13, 2013
Pls help, my acer laptop is no booting,wen click d startup repair, its writing window cannot automatically repair laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by afegbua(m): 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2013
Greetings to all N'landers on dis forum.
I recently installed windows 7 on my acer aspire 3620 and i am having issues getting the VGA driver (video controller), i would appreciate an assistance from anyone n this regard.
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 3:29pm On Sep 13, 2013
GrAnDwEeZ: pic

Bro your Wireless device not even found nor activated.

Press the fn+f2 keys to put it on .

If however this does not work.

Restart the system and continuously press f2 until the bios setup loads.

Go under network. Click enable wireless device with fn+f2 keys...

Save it and restart the system. It would show now. Your wireless device is disabled...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pheesayor(m): 3:30pm On Sep 13, 2013
Initially the swift cable was connected to a switch and all was fine but after connecting the server and installing DNS, only windows xp systems were browsing while higher one (Vista and 7) weren't browsing. I discovered the gateway on the xp systems were 192.168.1.1, same as swift while gateway of windows vista and 7 systems were 192.168.0.1 which is the one assigned by the server.
The server has two NICs so we decided to connect swift directly into one and share through the other one. This corrected that issue and every system was browsing but some sites stopped opening.
Those sites are opening directly on the server and on systems connect via wifi
sameolg616:
connect the lan cable of the swift router directly to a system and enter the configuration with 192.168.0.1...now check the firewall settings on the router since its the internet source for the server...use a clean system(so that ur troubleshooting my be traced accurately)..try open the sites which the swift is connected only to a laptop directly..if they open then its a policy or setting from the server or the antivirus running on the server(most antivirus come with their own firewall as well)..if it doesn't,then its from either the laptop or swift router
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by igwelagos: 3:36pm On Sep 13, 2013
i have huawei e303 and i tried to unlock but my attempts failed and i was told lock. i search the whole net but could not get my answer kindly help me. i need huawei modem unlocker to download and then reset it but i dont know where to go to. help me
my email is dakoramicky@gmail.com
thank you God bless you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 3:38pm On Sep 13, 2013
afegbua: Greetings to all N'landers on dis forum.
I recently installed windows 7 on my acer aspire 3620 and i am having issues getting the VGA driver (video controller), i would appreciate an assistance from anyone n this regard.
Thanks

click here
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 3:45pm On Sep 13, 2013
pheesayor: Initially the swift cable was connected to a switch and all was fine but after connecting the server and installing DNS, only windows xp systems were browsing while higher one (Vista and 7) weren't browsing. I discovered the gateway on the xp systems were 192.168.1.1, same as swift while gateway of windows vista and 7 systems were 192.168.0.1 which is the one assigned by the server.
The server has two NICs so we decided to connect swift directly into one and share through the other one. This corrected that issue and every system was browsing but some sites stopped opening.
Those sites are opening directly on the server and on systems connect via wifi

Focus more on the swift router....

If its blocking some sites on certain systems or operating systems then the problem is with the protocol supported on the router.

Since the system worked fine before the introduction of the swift router. the problem is with the swift router.

I don't think there's any problem with the windows 7 systems or their configurations. maybe the router is old and is not compatible with later versions of windows after xp.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 3:46pm On Sep 13, 2013
igwelagos: i have huawei e303 and i tried to unlock but my attempts failed and i was told lock. i search the whole net but could not get my answer kindly help me. i need huawei modem unlocker to download and then reset it but i dont know where to go to. help me
thank you God bless you

Thats the end of the road. since you entered the code 10 times wrongly. there's no help.

Just continue using the sim that came with it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 4:17pm On Sep 13, 2013
If u have pass'd 10 trial attempts u can reset the modem google abt huawei modem trial reset ! ..
igwelagos: i have huawei e303 and i tried to unlock but my attempts failed and i was told lock. i search the whole net but could not get my answer kindly help me. i need huawei modem unlocker to download and then reset it but i dont know where to go to. help me
thank you God bless you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
Saw this on nairaland! https://www.nairaland.com/1130154/download-reset-huawei-modem-unlock
onegig:

Thats the end of the road. since you entered the code 10 times wrongly. there's no help.

Just continue using the sim that came with it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gbade60: 4:50pm On Sep 13, 2013
Pls help, my acer windows 7 laptop is not booting,weneva i click d startup repair, its will show window cannot automatically repair laptop. Wot sud I do plsss
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 5:09pm On Sep 13, 2013
Donsammi: Saw this on nairaland! https://www.nairaland.com/1130154/download-reset-huawei-modem-unlock
ok bro.. But do those things work?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 5:15pm On Sep 13, 2013
Gbade60: Pls help, my acer windows 7 laptop is not booting,weneva i click d startup repair, its will show window cannot automatically repair laptop. Wot sud I do plsss
buy a windows 7 cd. Then come back for instructions.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gbade60: 6:29pm On Sep 13, 2013
onegig: buy a windows 7 cd. Then come back for instructions.
plss, av done dat
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:04pm On Sep 13, 2013
1. Put the disc in your optical drive and restart to boot from the DVD. You may
have to change the boot settings in your BIOS if booting from a CD/DVD is not
enabled. ( See how here .) Watch for the “Press any key to boot from CD or
DVD” message.
2. On the "Install Windows" screen, make the appropriate selections for language,
time, and keyboard, and then click “Next”.
3. On the next screen, click “Repair Your Computer”. Do not click "Install now"
4. In “System Recovery Options”, select which operating system you want to
restore if any are listed. It will be blank in many systems with only one
operating system.
5. Click “Next”.
6. The “System Recovery Options” screen shown below will open.
7. Select “Startup Repair” or whichever option you wish to apply.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gbade60: 8:12pm On Sep 13, 2013
onegig: 1. Put the disc in your optical drive and restart to boot from the DVD. You may
have to change the boot settings in your BIOS if booting from a CD/DVD is not
enabled. ( See how here .) Watch for the “Press any key to boot from CD or
DVD” message.
2. On the "Install Windows" screen, make the appropriate selections for language,
time, and keyboard, and then click “Next”.
3. On the next screen, click “Repair Your Computer”. Do not click "Install now"
4. In “System Recovery Options”, select which operating system you want to
restore if any are listed. It will be blank in many systems with only one
operating system.
5. Click “Next”.
6. The “System Recovery Options” screen shown below will open.
7. Select “Startup Repair” or whichever option you wish to apply.
God bless u for help, bt am scared, will I loose d files in my system?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:35pm On Sep 13, 2013
Gbade60: God bless u for help, bt am scared, will I loose d files in my system?
it won't . .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by afegbua(m): 10:23pm On Sep 13, 2013
onegig:

click here

Thanks for the assistance..but the link does not open a site..the response i get is "!Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)".
What other way can u help me?? Plz

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (1231) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.