Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,358 members, 7,891,574 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 03:16 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1302577 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (1227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 10, 2013
felai: Pls guys help me out o.
Have tried the above links but it aint still working.
Its an Hp Desktop system.
Just installed windows xp on it and discovered the Ethernet controller(Drivers) aint on it.
Trusting u Guys to help me out

Please, post your system 'Device Management' and all your system specifications here.

Thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 11, 2013
My system has refused to finish booting;( The last time I used it was yesterday evening around 7pm the battery was low so I hibernated to save what I was doing.

Then around 12am I put it on to continue what I was doing, it came on but it's been showing me 'windows 7 ultimate' till now fa

Pls any helpsad....Thanks in anticipationsmiley

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:03am On Oct 11, 2013
mechummy: My system has refused to finish booting;( The last time I used it was yesterday evening around 7pm the battery was low so I hibernated to save what I was doing.

Then around 12am I put it on to continue what I was doing, it came on but it's been showing me 'windows 7 ultimate' till now fa

Pls any helpsad....Thanks in anticipationsmiley

Restart the system and hold the f8 key.

Select safe mode.

If it loads into safe mode. Just restart the system. If it does not work. Come back and explain.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by femora007(m): 10:40am On Oct 11, 2013
I av problem connectin my pc(window cool to bluetooth device even after updating d driver, what is the way out?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pxjosh(m): 5:54pm On Oct 11, 2013
I got an hp6735s who is already usin it, nd i discovered d windows version is not geniune, it writes: windows not geniune,built 7601.. I checked d specificatns: 2.1Ghz, local disk C 139gb. 1gig RAM (735usable): nd d system is kinda slow, maybe because of d windows nt being genine. I also discover dat d homescreen becomes blank after personalizatn. I dnt knw if i should jxt try nd reactivate (i dot knw hw, bt wud want 2 do it myself), or upgrade d RAM to 2gig nd rum win8. Pls advise
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 11, 2013
onegig:

Restart the system and hold the f8 key.

Select safe mode.

If it loads into safe mode. Just restart the system. If it does not work. Come back and explain.
I did exactly what you said it didn't worksadsadsadStill the same thing
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:53pm On Oct 11, 2013
mechummy: I did exactly what you said it didn't worksadsadsadStill the same thing
what was the message displayed? press f8 and choose repair my computer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 11, 2013
onegig: what was the message displayed? press f8 and choose repair my computer.
It didn't show anything like that. It said I should press 'enter' to resume windows...and it still refused to finish booting till nowsad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:04am On Oct 12, 2013
mechummy: I did exactly what you said it didn't worksadsadsadStill the same thing
Can you post the image of the F8 key process(safe mode option screen)?

Now, do this and report what your findings:

1. Try to remove the battery and charger from the main power source.

2. Hold down the power button for 10 seconds.

3. Reconnect the battery and charger.

4. Hold down F8 key(don't remove your finger until you see the Safe mode screen) and power it on.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ddddon(m): 2:36pm On Oct 12, 2013
plz help me mod... My system video card is showing n/a... And i can play games on it because of this
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 12, 2013
all4naija: Can you post the image of the F8 key process(safe mode option screen)?

Now, do this and report what your findings:

1. Try to remove the battery and charger from the main power source.

2. Hold down the power button for 10 seconds.

3. Reconnect the battery and charger.

4. Hold down F8 key(don't remove your finger until you see the Safe mode screen) and power it on.

Thanks plenty...it's all good now

I took it for repairs
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ogunsg(m): 4:07am On Oct 13, 2013
Pls system write dis screen PXE-E61 madia test failure,check cable
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Danfreeman(m): 6:22am On Oct 13, 2013
Please help me out,my UPS went of and I didn't shotdown normally and nw my PC is not starting
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 6:37am On Oct 13, 2013
ogunsg: Pls system write dis screen PXE-E61 madia test failure,check cable
sims like ur system is looking 4 a bootable media.. what happened initially
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 5:01pm On Oct 13, 2013
Danfreeman: Please help me out,my UPS went of and I didn't shotdown normally and nw my PC is not starting

Explain more on the "not starting" is it that it is not booting properly or does not power on at all.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by topudo(m): 5:06pm On Oct 13, 2013
i got a window ce 6.0 notebook and mistakenly delected all the programms on it including the control panel.i cant do anything on it now. please help me on how i can get all the programms back
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 9:26pm On Oct 13, 2013
topudo: i got a window ce 6.0 notebook and mistakenly delected all the programms on it including the control panel.i cant do anything on it now. please help me on how i can get all the programms back

is that u mistakenly Uninstalled the programs, or u deleted the program folder, which u can easily restore from the recycle bin. Or is it the shortcuts on the desktop that u deleted. U cannot delete the control panel.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by femora007(m): 9:51pm On Oct 13, 2013
femora007: I av problem connectin my pc(window cool to bluetooth device even after updating d driver, what is the way out?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by femora007(m): 9:52pm On Oct 13, 2013
femora007: I av problem connectin my pc(window8) to bluetooth device even after updating d driver, what is the way out?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by topudo(m): 9:29am On Oct 14, 2013
KnightsTemplar:

is that u mistakenly Uninstalled the programs, or u deleted the program folder, which u can easily restore from the recycle bin. Or is it the shortcuts on the desktop that u deleted. U cannot delete the control panel.
thanks knight.i delected the programs file and cant even find it from the recycle bin.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 1:29pm On Oct 14, 2013
topudo: thanks knight.i delected the programs file and cant even find it from the recycle bin.

Please try to do a system restore if there is an active restore point in ur system, to see if the program folder will be restored, btw how did u go about deleting the program folder, windows would have warned you about the action u where about to take. If the system restore does not work for you, try to create a folder in ur local drive C: name it Program file, then you will have to re install your applications one by one. If this process may be a little challenging 4 u and u have enough data plan to download file scavenger, download the application and use it to scan for lost files, problem is recovery software are best optimized if the drive with the missing folder is hosted to another system, but this should not prevent u from trying.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gentiejag(f): 4:20pm On Oct 14, 2013
I was watching a movie on my system today in my room wen my sister came in and i paused it. After she left, i tried playing the movie burr it would not play, i thought it was hanging and i let it be.
After some time, it still wld nt play, so i tried switching off the system. It brought this message in a blue background, quite long, white prints, for a split second before going off....all i could catch was ''windows has undergone a problem'' or sumfin lyk dat.
I tried switching it on back burr it would stop booting at the samsung welcome page. Later on, it was booting burr discovered my keypads aint working...not all, burr most of it therefore i cannot type my password.
I switched it on and off severally and the keypads aint still working.
So i pressed F2 for setup at the samsung welcome page and did sum security things... I changed d supervisor's password nd sum oda tings.

The keypads aint still working, my project is on ds PC and i got no backup.
Please help me!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OmolodMilkman93(m): 5:28pm On Oct 14, 2013
Is a core i5 1.7GHz processor better than a core i3 2.5GHz?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 14, 2013
femora007: I av problem connectin my pc(window8) to bluetooth device even after updating d driver, what is the way out?

Uninstall the updated driver and install the old one.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 14, 2013
OmolodMilkman93: Is a core i5 1.7GHz processor better than a core i3 2.5GHz?

It depends on the generation of the processors! More information is needed to tell the best out of the two.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OmolodMilkman93(m): 5:58pm On Oct 14, 2013
all4naija:

It depends on the generation of the processors! More information is needed to tell the best out of the two.
Dell Inspiron i14z-6001SLV
Intel Core i5-3317U 1.7GHz
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 1.7GHz
Intel Core i5-3317U
processor.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 6:05pm On Oct 14, 2013
Gentiejag: I was watching a movie on my system today in my room wen my sister came in and i paused it. After she left, i tried playing the movie burr it would not play, i thought it was hanging and i let it be.
After some time, it still wld nt play, so i tried switching off the system. It brought this message in a blue background, quite long, white prints, for a split second before going off....all i could catch was ''windows has undergone a problem'' or sumfin lyk dat.
I tried switching it on back burr it would stop booting at the samsung welcome page. Later on, it was booting burr discovered my keypads aint working...not all, burr most of it therefore i cannot type my password.
I switched it on and off severally and the keypads aint still working.
So i pressed F2 for setup at the samsung welcome page and did sum security things... I changed d supervisor's password nd sum oda tings.

The keypads aint still working, my project is on ds PC and i got no backup.
Please help me!

What you need to do is to start ur system, from safe mode. When u start the system, tap the F8 button repeatedly, and select safe mood, then check if u can log into Windows. If it goes thru, u can now restart the system and c if the keys work.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ElGabi(m): 6:22pm On Oct 14, 2013
sameolg616:
If ur sure the screen aint bad,then u need to install the proper vga drivers.
thanks bro, its working fine now
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shegz4real(m): 8:01pm On Oct 14, 2013
My laptop crashed ,it seems lyk it was d OS and I lost all my documents and files.is dia any way d items lost can be recovered?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hustlejay: 8:41pm On Oct 14, 2013
DON'T BE LEFT OUT!,MAKE SOME EXTRA CASH NOW!!!!! CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW AND REGISTER!:
http:///1bqzG6G
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 9:13pm On Oct 14, 2013
shegz4real: My laptop crashed ,it seems lyk it was d OS and I lost all my documents and files.is dia any way d items lost can be recovered?

Of course, there are utility softwares that helps recover lost files, that is no problem. If u r sure and not assuming that t'was the OS that crashed, then u need to find the cause, maybe ur Hdd is failing or the memory. Try file scavenger pro or recover my files pro, but it this case a working system will be needed to host ur hardisk.

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (1227) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.