Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,365 members, 7,891,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 03:51 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (348) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1302589 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (1227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bublin(m): 1:01pm On Oct 07, 2013
onegig: then it needs maintenance or its bad. Can you try and blow the dust out? Also give proper ventilation when using your system. Avoid putting them on surfaces that absorb heat like sofa's and others.
Thanks,sum1 i showed said sumtin abt the laptop module of the screen that i will be charge #3,000 to fix it,but he said didn't make better meaning to me. Do yu knw abt this module tin ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 1:41pm On Oct 07, 2013
bublin:
Thanks,sum1 i showed said sumtin abt the laptop module of the screen that i will be charge #3,000 to fix it,but he said didn't make better meaning to me. Do yu knw abt this module tin ?

Oh? module? Yeah some screens do come with modules.

If its the screen that's actually heating up and a module replacement is recommeneded. Please do take it to a certified engineer to check. There's little DIY you can do in this case..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 1:47pm On Oct 07, 2013
aluksmama:

Ping request could not find host www.google.com. Please check the name and try again

Also check your firewall and antivirus settings. They sometime block you out from using your network.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunzo: 3:42pm On Oct 07, 2013
what the lastest now etislat bis not working again pls get back to me really need etisalat
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 8:36pm On Oct 07, 2013
chidanzy: I use windows 8 …I taught it comes with the 11th v of the direct x I'm confused pls help
u nid update ur directx ///// i have the emulator and have experience such tinz ... the dirctx is abt 90mb
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aluksmama(f): 8:19am On Oct 08, 2013
onegig:

Also check your firewall and antivirus settings. They sometime block you out from using your network.

I've done all dt b4 and it's still not working. Someone suggested I format my system cos I tink a file is missing, which has affected d network adapters
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Iykecollins(m): 8:25am On Oct 08, 2013
'No battery detected', this is what I saw now as I turned on my notebook. I plugged in the charger and still no charging signal. I have removed the battery and inserted it back still same issue. I learnt somewhere about performing hard reset, please I want to know if i can find any easier solution here
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:03am On Oct 08, 2013
aluksmama:

I've done all dt b4 and it's still not working. Someone suggested I format my system cos I tink a file is missing, which has affected d network adapters
Before trying this. Try uninstalling your network adapaters. I mean all. Restart the system and try reconnecting.

Also.

Was the system working before? I.e as it been used to connect to a network before?

When last was that?

Did you install any new software after then?

Can you do a system restore to that period?

Also try this.

1.Click on Start button.
2.Type Cmd in the Start Search text box.
3.Press Ctrl-Shift-Enter keyboard shortcut to run Command Prompt as Administrator. Allow elevation request.
4.Type netsh int ip reset in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.
5.Restart the computer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:05am On Oct 08, 2013
Iykecollins: 'No battery detected', this is what I saw now as I turned on my notebook. I plugged in the charger and still no charging signal. I have removed the battery and inserted it back still same issue. I learnt somewhere about performing hard reset, please I want to know if i can find any easier solution here

It's straight forward. Your battery is not detected.

Remove and carefully blow or clean the pins, see that there is no rust on any.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aluksmama(f): 11:20am On Oct 08, 2013
onegig:
Before trying this. Try uninstalling your network adapaters. I mean all. Restart the system and try reconnecting.

Also.

Was the system working before? I.e as it been used to connect to a network before?

When last was that?

Did you install any new software after then?

Can you do a system restore to that period?

Also try this.

1.Click on Start button.
2.Type Cmd in the Start Search text box.
3.Press Ctrl-Shift-Enter keyboard shortcut to run Command Prompt as Administrator. Allow elevation request.
4.Type netsh int ip reset in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.
5.Restart the computer.

I've always been using it to browse.
I used it last in June and when it didn't work @ first, I thought it was a minor tin, not until july till now.
I've tried restoring to the last time it worked but restore operation was unsuccessful
I've tried d net sh now, still no connection. It syas limited access
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Iykecollins(m): 12:15pm On Oct 08, 2013
onegig:

Thank you Sir, I have done this before let me try again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Iykecollins(m): 12:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
onegig:

I have tried done the cleaning and is repeating the same issue, what baffles me is that the battery still powers the laptop but still bring out the same issue of not detecting the battery, am scared I hope this is not a motherboard issue
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:42pm On Oct 08, 2013
aluksmama:

I've always been using it to browse.
I used it last in June and when it didn't work @ first, I thought it was a minor tin, not until july till now.
I've tried restoring to the last time it worked but restore operation was unsuccessful
I've tried d net sh now, still no connection. It syas limited access

Have you ever tried connecting through safe mode?

Why not do a system repair instead of formatting it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:43pm On Oct 08, 2013
Iykecollins:
I have tried done the cleaning and is repeating the same issue, what baffles me is that the battery still powers the laptop but still bring out the same issue of not detecting the battery, am scared I hope this is not a motherboard issue

Oh that?

Its powering it?

I will get back to you soon on a way out.

But wait whats the system model? Dell i guess?

Also go to device manager and under batteries.

Try unistalling "Microsoft APCI-Compliant Control Method Battery" driver(s) , reboot, see if it resolves the issue.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ddddon(m): 2:43pm On Oct 08, 2013
plz how do i upgrade the video card of my system.... So i can play games
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 3:07pm On Oct 08, 2013
ddddon: plz how do i upgrade the video card of my system.... So i can play games

What kind of system do you use?

Laptop or desktop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Iykecollins(m): 3:20pm On Oct 08, 2013
onegig:

Oh that?

Its powering it?

I will get back to you soon on a way out.

But wait whats the system model? Dell i guess?

Also go to device manager and under batteries.

Try unistalling "Microsoft APCI-Compliant Control Method Battery" driver(s) , reboot, see if it resolves the issue.
I will try this, it not a Dell laptop but one of these Chinese it has been serving me well until this ish popped this morning, it is still using windows 7, I hope this resolves it I will be happy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aluksmama(f): 3:21pm On Oct 08, 2013
onegig:

Have you ever tried connecting through safe mode?

Why not do a system repair instead of formatting it?

How do I go about the system repair?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ddddon(m): 3:22pm On Oct 08, 2013
onegig:

What kind of system do you use?

Laptop or desktop?
Laptop.... Acer emachine....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 3:26pm On Oct 08, 2013
aluksmama:

How do I go about the system repair?
get a windows 7 cd.. Then come back here.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 3:28pm On Oct 08, 2013
ddddon:
Laptop.... Acer emachine....
not possible. The graphics card is on board. Which means it can't be replaced. Manage the game on it now or buy a system with a better spec. Good luck.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 3:48pm On Oct 08, 2013
Iykecollins:
I will try this, it not a Dell laptop but one of these Chinese it has been serving me well until this ish popped this morning, it is still using windows 7, I hope this resolves it I will be happy

Performing a hard reset
Performing a hard reset erases all of the information that is stored in the temporary memory and forces Windows to do a complete scan of the system, including the battery.
To perform a hard reset, follow the steps below.

Unplug the AC adapter from the notebook PC and remove the PC from any port replicator or docking station.
Remove the battery from the notebook battery compartment.
Press and hold down the power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors.
Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook PC.
Press the power button to turn on the notebook PC.
Use the arrow keys to highlight Start Windows Normally , if it is not already highlighted, and then press the enter key.

Use HP Battery Check to test the battery — if the battery is still not detected, please follow the steps in the Resetting the BIOS defaults section of this document.
Resetting the BIOS defaults
Resetting the defaults in the BIOS removes any possible incorrect values and returns the BIOS to a known good condition.
To reset the BIOS defaults, follow the steps below.

Press the power button to turn on the notebook and repeatedly press f10 to enter the BIOS setup.
Navigate through the BIOS and select the option to restore the BIOS defaults. The option will have words like Restore Defaults or Setup Defaults .
Confirm that you want to restore the BIOS defaults, and then select the option to save and exit the BIOS setup.

Updating the BIOS
If resetting the BIOS default setting to the original condition does not resolve the problem, look for and install an updated BIOS.
For instructions on updating the BIOS, please see HP Notebook PCs - Updating HP Software, Drivers, and BIOS with HP Update Tools .
Use HP Battery Check to test the battery —if the battery is still not detected, please follow the steps in the Using System Recovery to re-install the operating system section of this document.

Courtesy www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c01702473">http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c01702473

Thats if your system is an hp
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Iykecollins(m): 5:22pm On Oct 08, 2013
onegig:

Performing a hard reset
Performing a hard reset erases all of the information that is stored in the temporary memory and forces Windows to do a complete scan of the system, including the battery.
To perform a hard reset, follow the steps below.

Unplug the AC adapter from the notebook PC and remove the PC from any port replicator or docking station.
Remove the battery from the notebook battery compartment.
Press and hold down the power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors.
Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook PC.
Press the power button to turn on the notebook PC.
Use the arrow keys to highlight Start Windows Normally , if it is not already highlighted, and then press the enter key.

Use HP Battery Check to test the battery — if the battery is still not detected, please follow the steps in the Resetting the BIOS defaults section of this document.
Resetting the BIOS defaults
Resetting the defaults in the BIOS removes any possible incorrect values and returns the BIOS to a known good condition.
To reset the BIOS defaults, follow the steps below.

Press the power button to turn on the notebook and repeatedly press f10 to enter the BIOS setup.
Navigate through the BIOS and select the option to restore the BIOS defaults. The option will have words like Restore Defaults or Setup Defaults .
Confirm that you want to restore the BIOS defaults, and then select the option to save and exit the BIOS setup.

Updating the BIOS
If resetting the BIOS default setting to the original condition does not resolve the problem, look for and install an updated BIOS.
For instructions on updating the BIOS, please see HP Notebook PCs - Updating HP Software, Drivers, and BIOS with HP Update Tools .
Use HP Battery Check to test the battery —if the battery is still not detected, please follow the steps in the Using System Recovery to re-install the operating system section of this document.

Courtesy www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c01702473">http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c01702473

Thats if your system is an hp
Thanks for this effort, I really appreciate, now am not using an hp laptop which makes it difficult o use this stated method, tried the earlier but seem not to find my way around it. Maybe I need to look for a software engineer, am scared of getting it more harmed. The funny thing is the power charging indicator doesnt indicate whether full or not, I think it still charges underground despite the 'no battery detected' inscription there
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 5:35pm On Oct 08, 2013
Iykecollins:
Thanks for this effort, I really appreciate, now am not using an hp laptop which makes it difficult o use this stated method, tried the earlier but seem not to find my way around it. Maybe I need to look for a software engineer, am scared of getting it more harmed. The funny thing is the power charging indicator doesnt indicate whether full or not, I think it still charges underground despite the 'no battery detected' inscription there
go to my computer. Right click and click properties. By the top right hand corner. Select device manager. When device manager opens. Go under the battery tab. Right click the microsoft acpi and choose uninstal . Restart your system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ddddon(m): 6:34pm On Oct 08, 2013
onegig: not possible. The graphics card is on board. Which means it can't be replaced. Manage the game on it now or buy a system with a better spec. Good luck.
my system is 4 gig ram dual core, window 7.... Plz help me na.....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:01pm On Oct 08, 2013
ddddon: my system is 4 gig ram dual core, window 7.... Plz help me na.....
it should be able to run some descent games. What line of games do you want?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Iykecollins(m): 7:20pm On Oct 08, 2013
onegig: go to my computer. Right click and click properties. By the top right hand corner. Select device manager. When device manager opens. Go under the battery tab. Right click the microsoft acpi and choose uninstal . Restart your system.
It still doesn't solve it, what I feel is that the system still charges the battery, just that the indicator refuses to recognize it, hence there is no way to know whether it is fully charged or empty, if that's the case I may not need to bother so much. If it really charges, then am ok
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Funpeter: 8:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
Abeg make una help me my system is too slow and the window 7 is saying not genuine what can i do? Tanks for your reply.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:44pm On Oct 08, 2013
Funpeter: Abeg make una help me my system is too slow and the window 7 is saying not genuine what can i do? Tanks for your reply.
http://onegig..com/2013/02/is-your-system-too-slow-heres-help-you.html

Also...buy a activation key.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aluksmama(f): 11:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
onegig: get a windows 7 cd.. Then come back here.

I should be able to get the windows 7 cd next week. I'll let u know when I do. Tanx 4 d help all dis while. I do appreciate it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ddddon(m): 11:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
onegig: it should be able to run some descent games. What line of games do you want?
PES 2013
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gabby02: 12:05am On Oct 09, 2013
Funpeter: Abeg make una help me my system is too slow and the window 7 is saying not genuine what can i do? Tanks for your reply.
your system being slow can mean many tins, well, cus I av seen it before means it has virus, but d part of not being genuine means u av to register it or install it all over again

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (1227) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.