Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,345 members, 7,888,098 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:14 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1300739 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (1226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Slyr0x: 5:04pm On Sep 15, 2010
denzel2009:

What OS is installed on the computer and do you have the original installation disc?

i did wat was said earlier but its still showin blue screen, im usin windows vista
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 5:04pm On Sep 15, 2010
^^^are you sure he can restore if he didnt set restore points before?

This will work for him better IMHO.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Startup-Repair-frequently-asked-questions
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by baani(m): 5:07pm On Sep 15, 2010
[/quote]
denzel2009:

What OS is installed on the computer and do you have the original installation disc?

vista and i dont hv the original disk,

[quote author=denzel2009 link=topic=301179.msg6759280#msg6759280 date=1284566677]
^^^are you sure he can restore if he didnt set restore points before?

This will work for him better IMHO.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Startup-Repair-frequently-asked-questions

yes i did thst frm d restortion date , although d last restore point is tuesday while d prob started on monday and dere are no earlier dates
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Slyr0x: 5:12pm On Sep 15, 2010
Denzel Now thats another thing. Buh lets pray his 'system restore' is on/enabled.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Slyr0x: 5:17pm On Sep 15, 2010
baani:

vista and i dont hv the original disk,

yes i did thst frm d restortion date , although d last restore point is tuesday while d prob started on monday and dere are no earlier dates

iRest My Case. System restore WONT work for you. Use the link denzel provided.
[size=4pt]
Another thing can you identify the driver installed?[/size]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 5:59pm On Sep 15, 2010
baani:

i have done dat one tooo and wen it finaaly boots on it say that windows recovered from unexpected shutdown
Does that mean your system is now booting? If it's booting then simply uninstall the last programs you installed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by routik(m): 10:04pm On Sep 15, 2010
what happened to you is a little bit tricky and serious.
If it's booting then simply uninstall the last programs you installed
thats from safe mode. you may still need vista installation cd for start up repair.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Stonnydrey(m): 1:43am On Sep 16, 2010
Have been having problems downloading Multi messenger setup, What can i do to get it downloaded? Fankz
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SJack(m): 7:29am On Sep 16, 2010
@Poster, Thax 4 dis, My HP is not booting completly. i have to press excape b4 it boots and even when it boots, it types in passwords on it's own. I can not delete d passwords. I must press enter key, it will give me wrong password then i retype my password before d system will open. Please, what is happening to it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jeak123(m): 9:09am On Sep 16, 2010
plz my dell sampron has refused to boot.i dosen't even come on.when i press d on button, the lights will only come on briefly and go off.help diagnose this.it uses an intel proccessor with windows xp.regards.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 10:25am On Sep 16, 2010
SJack:

@Poster, Thax 4 dis, My HP is not booting completly. i have to press excape b4 it boots and even when it boots, it types in passwords on it's own. I can not delete d passwords. I must press enter key, it will give me wrong password then i retype my password before d system will open. Please, what is happening to it?
Try cleaning or blowing out your keyboard. . Just find something and clean it

jeak123:

plz my dell sampron has refused to boot.i dosen't even come on.when i press d on button, the lights will only come on briefly and go off.help diagnose this.it uses an intel proccessor with windows xp.regards.
Your processor/motherboard is probably down sad sorry

Stonnydrey:

Have been having problems downloading Multi messenger setup, What can i do to get it downloaded? Fankz
Download disgby, You will enjoy it,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by routik(m): 11:03am On Sep 16, 2010
Download disgby, You will enjoy it,
yeah digsby is great am using it my self. this might also interest you but yahoo boys are fund of this kind of request.

* Click on Start -> Run…
* Type Regedit in Run text box and hit enter to launch Registry Editor
* Now, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Yahoo > Pager > Test.
* On the right pane, right click and click on New > DWORD value
* Rename the new registry key as Plural.
* Right Click on “Plural” and Select “Modify”. Change the cell value in “Value Data” to 1

(For Vista & Windows 7 users)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Stonnydrey(m): 3:59pm On Sep 16, 2010
@Collins465 and@ Skydancer , the installation isn't going through, I really need dis Multi Messenger, Pls help me out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by baani(m): 5:03pm On Sep 16, 2010
as much as i didnt want to do, i just had tpo as my last hope, i had to format the system and lucky enuff 4 mi it worked even more efficiently but to dose who tried to help mi out thanks alot
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Stonnydrey(m): 5:15pm On Sep 16, 2010
@Skydancer and @Collins, Thanks it really worked, U guys are appreci8ted!!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 5:18pm On Sep 16, 2010
cool
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 16, 2010
PLEASE I have this dell lattitude 600 brought to me for repairs by a user, she said the laptop sundenly developed BIOS password problem, I dissmembered the laptop to remove the CMOS battery, a trick that has worked on some system, but it has has proved worthless on this occassion.

please how do i go about removing the password to access the setup?

I know from a friend that there's a particular chip under the processor which when short-circuited, will restore the system but I don't know which of the chips it might be.

please help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by routik(m): 5:55pm On Sep 16, 2010
@Skydancer and @Collins,  Thanks it really worked,  U guys are appreci8ted!!!!

as much as i didnt want to do, i just had tpo as my last hope, i had to format the system and lucky enuff 4 mi it worked even more efficiently but to dose who tried to help mi out thanks alot
you welcome cheesy

@netsurf
i also have a friend that have tried the clearing of bios cmos and it worked for him.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 7:09pm On Sep 16, 2010
netsurf:

PLEASE I have this dell lattitude 600 brought to me for repairs by a user, she said the laptop sundenly developed BIOS password problem, I dissmembered the laptop to remove the CMOS battery, a trick that has worked on some system, but it has has proved worthless on this occassion.

please how do i go about removing the password to access the setup?

I know from a friend that there's a particular chip under the processor which when short-circuited, will restore the system but I don't know which of the chips it might be.

please help.
Don't really know any reliable solution to this. . . but I know dell passwords can be reset.
Just use google and help yourself,  Get back to me if you find a working solution smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jeco(m): 9:42am On Sep 17, 2010
Dear Skydancer,

I just called ur mobile now.
I mistekenly deleted an autorun driver that hepls the desktop to function very well. I use HP 530, Windows XP

I find it difficult to open some icons on my desktop, any one that opens will take a very long time to come up. When i am trying to open some things on my PC it will say error occured, prompting me to tell microsoft about it, etc etc.

I wish we can chat on yahoo messenger, my ID is jobiorah

Many thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 9:55am On Sep 17, 2010
@Jeco:
I don't usually chat on yahoo . .
I don't know about any autorun driver that helps the desktop function well.
Anyway, I think your pc is infected with a malware, but I need you to upload screen shots of your PC.
You can do this by pressing ctrl + printscreen

With that we can get started smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jeco(m): 10:07am On Sep 17, 2010
Its a file that helps desktop programs to function very well. The file looks similar to notepad with a kind of small screw @ top right of it. I guess u must have come across something like that. I cant open some icons on my desktop again, those that opens are very very slow. My system is free from virus.

I am using my system to post this now.
Or better still, can u guide on how to retrieve the wpa/wep key on my PC so i can format it. Because if i format my laptop, i will find it very difficult to get the wep/wpa key on my PC
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 10:17am On Sep 17, 2010
Some screenshots fella smiley
Have come across several simillar stuff and can't tell yours
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jeco(m): 10:24am On Sep 17, 2010
below is the print screen i have when attempting to open an icon on my desktop

---------------------------
Themida
An internal exception occured (Address: 0x742e0b)

Please, contact support@oreans.com. Thank you!
OK
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jeco(m): 10:39am On Sep 17, 2010
Another screen message

Rundll32.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x3336d5cf" referenced memory at "0x3336d5cf". The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of "0xc0000185".

Click on OK to terminate the program
OK
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Slyr0x: 10:39am On Sep 17, 2010
^^^Bro thats not a printscreen.

This is a printscreen

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jeco(m): 10:47am On Sep 17, 2010
@Slyrox

You are very correct, i dont know why mine is showing that way when i paste it here. However, if you have a solution to my problem,i will appreciate, those are the error messages i get.
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 11:13am On Sep 17, 2010
Sorry, I didn't get back to you early, but you should have pasted s good picture.
That error you're talking about is usually related with hardware problems. Employ your device manager and check for any warnings

if device manager is not showing any relevant thing
then go to run type msinfo32
Click Hardware Resources and then Conflicts/Sharing. Check whether there's any highlighted conflict there

Also since your pc has slowed down, it's very likely that your hard drive is failing. Do a fragmentation test on it to verify your files and after that backup your hard disk.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:19am On Sep 18, 2010
@jeco, for your system to be showing that kind of message, its most likely that some components in your C:\Windows folder has been fouled up by a virus. I suggest you just reformat or if you can, use a windows cd and do a repair on it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Centman: 12:12pm On Sep 18, 2010
My touch pad stopped responding to clicks. When i move the cursor, it moves but when i click or double click on something it will not respond. Please guru what do i do to get it working again

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (1226) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.