Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,767 members, 7,875,929 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:33 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12002018 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1116) (1117) (1118) (1119) (1120) (1121) (1122) ... (16398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:19pm On Jun 11, 2017
grin
Icon4s:

Pain me as how?

Hai! na wa.

Name the players I have clamoured for here.

As Solanke has won the golden ball take a trip to England and carry him to your village in Ijebu land or where ever you come from and make him Oba.

I have seen you have also clamoured for the recall of Obafemi Martins. You should have also clamoured for Ayo Makinwa and Mutiu Adepoju.

Omo iya ala amala like you. Haha haha.

Is that not... Jesus! shocked grin

I have said it before you are the icon of tribalism and nepotism. You know I have many facts to back it up. Ntor tongue grin

E wan cry. God don shame am. cry cry

Sorry, ndo! cry

Komekn has advocated for Obafemi severally, why not give him a name to hang him? Bhuuuhahaha!

E pain am! grin

If Obafemi is banging in goals left right and center in the NIGERIAN NATIONAL TEAM, he deserves to be called AS A LEGIT CITIZEN OF NIGERIA. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 5:19pm On Jun 11, 2017
Mickael2:

some things you are saying today are just...OMG. And what's with all the insults? You are making yourself look childish. Imagine saying stupid things like Chelsea bench is better than Man City bench, is it Costa that is better than Aguero? Or Bathsuayi is better than Gabby J(God forbid) but somehow Solanke is sitting on the floor not even bench but in your mind that is better than Nacho.

Do you think this is U20? Or you think that Venezuela team had something to offer? This U20 was totally devoid of talent, that Penaranda guy was showboating all game long, will you see that in a serious tournament? Compare this tournament to that of 2005 and you will see that the U20 is pure crap now but whatever keeps you warm at night Sir
thank you sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 5:20pm On Jun 11, 2017
Iheanacho had no impact in the attack...Never a threat and this may be because he didn't have much communication with the collapsed midfield.
Etebo had no coordination...Etebo IS NOT AN ATTACKING MIDFIELDER! He will be better used as a support striker.
Nigeria played with out purpose and no leader. Ndidi was just everywhere roaming like he didn't know his capabilities...He is not an attacking midfielder. It takes a lot to be an attacking midfielder. Playing good passes is not enough.
Iwobi should have played a 10.
Iheanacho should play behind a strike just like I suggested with Etebo. He is a fantastic build up player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 5:20pm On Jun 11, 2017
@ TheGoodJoe abeg give that your plank. I need to use it on someone. He is presently annoying me.

Nigeria lose yesterday the wound has not yet healed still someone wan put salt join am.

Wetin de do you self.

Take your time.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 5:21pm On Jun 11, 2017
forgiveness:
grin

I have said it before you are the icon of tribalism and nepotism. You know I have many facts to back it up. Ntor tongue grin

Sorry, ndo! cry

Komekn has advocated for Obafemi severally, why not give him a name to hang him? Bhuuuhahaha!

E pain am! grin

If Obafemi is banging in goals left right and center in the NIGERIAN NATIONAL TEAM, he deserves to be called AS A LEGIT CITIZEN OF NIGERIA. grin
ahh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 5:21pm On Jun 11, 2017
forgiveness:
grin

Sorry, ndo! cry

E pain am! grin

Its is over for Obafemi with super eagles. Forget it because it won't happen.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 5:24pm On Jun 11, 2017
Dude you saw all these in 5 mins shocked? Fear God abeg grin.
Are you seeing how Ghanian attackers are playing currently, that's what/how Nigerians want their attackera playing. Oshimehen didn't do much apart from one general hustle down the wings that any human being can do. Even Ndidi hustled down d wings like that yesterday, why are u not praising him for that. This is the hyping I see people complain about. I bet if you are watching this Ghanian game you'd write a novel for all of the Ghanian attackers. They are doing basic things that footballers ought to do.

TheGoodJoe:

I will take this if it came from another person but you, Im Im, I can smell bias.

Are we talking of the same Osimhen that showed strength, speed and purposefulness? Did you notice him on the flank where he went with his body against a South African and won the ball? If there was anything he showed, he is physically ready for the Super Eagles.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:25pm On Jun 11, 2017
Its not about who you prefer, but who has delivered more for the SE recently. If memory serves me right now even Obafemi was in the SE not oo long. Adi as well. Let's call a spade a spade. We lost to SA because the did far better playing as a team. How many quality players do they have? And you guys are here arguing about who is better than who.

forgiveness:

Walahi! My mind no say I was never sold out for Kayode from onset though I believe he must be invited if he performs well.

However, since I heard he won the highest goal scorer and best player in the Austria league, I am beginning to have interest in him hence the need to see his games.

I prefer the old cargoes like Ighalo, Ideye and Obafemi. Simple. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 5:28pm On Jun 11, 2017
Onazi is not a leader,simple. He couldn't organize the younger player but I like his work rate .
Awaziem was woeful and just like I said before.....To be a man is not a day job. Just can't just throw players around in the defense....ITS DANGEROUS!

Troost is an average player ,without Balogun he is dead.
Echiejile ,well,everybody knows he is just there because there is no competition...Dude was flat on his belly....Crappy player.
Shehu was not really troubled....Nothing great about him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:31pm On Jun 11, 2017
forgiveness:
grin

Sorry, ndo! cry

E pain am! grin

This man, carry this your comedy show go abeg. Make I enjoy my Sunday evening.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 5:31pm On Jun 11, 2017
Finally,its obvious we lacked experience on that day. We had no team but bunch of good individual players..We miss Ikeme,Mikel,Moses and Balogun. If these guys were there the outcome could have been better.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:32pm On Jun 11, 2017
So I was right. You are just emotional because we lost yesterday. All coaches makes mistakes. Cut Rohr a slack. He will get it right. I hope Success steps up. Because right now I don't see a player that can partner Iheanacho well.

forgiveness:

What did 'what he knows take help us yesterday'? grin

Rohr has forgotten completely how Iheanacho was banging in goals for the Super Eagles as a second striker.

Maybe somebody is deceiving him to play him as lone striker. grin Since then he struggled to score. grin

It is painful people are blinded through sentiments and not facts.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:33pm On Jun 11, 2017
Humility017:

Lol...I was still a guest here on nairaland when I knew no one need to tell anyone who has visited these thread your tribe because from your comments it's all evident
you just have to change bro... as youths we shouldn't make same mistakes our elders made
even the political class have come realize that the best way to continue milking these country at peace is by keeping us disunited on the premise of tribalism and religious fanaticism...

Solanke was the cause of the arguments then and today I have been vindicated of all false allegations.

Is that not enough to bring back your sense of reasoning? Yet you are still soaking in the pool of sentiment.

Why should I change when everything I have said is coming to pass? grin

I said the same thing about Dele Alli even before he became anything and you are here to change. Even Icon4s say na average player. O my God! grin

Shuuuu! And you are here telling me to change. From what? Are you for real?

From the look of things I perceived you are a biased judge and your speech betrays you as one as guilty as such.

Sorry, I don't your biased advice because I wise enough. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:34pm On Jun 11, 2017
Joebie:
So I was right. You are just emotional because we lost yesterday. All coaches makes mistakes. Cut Rohr a slack. He will get it right. I hope Success steps up. Because right now I don't see a player that can partner Iheanacho well.

Iheanacho is not a striker. That is my point. Don't twist my point. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:34pm On Jun 11, 2017
forgiveness:

Dem don come again with unnecessary excuses. grin

So you mean only england voted? shocked

Abeg make I hear better word. grin

Not as if you can kick ball into empty net but you come here come dey tell us story. grin

Bros, the goals looks easy but I bet you don't know what is involved.

Tell me the the striker in the National team yesterday that has all that you mentioned. grin

If Solanke wants to sit on the bench, why did he refuse to sign contract with Chelsea? Think bros. grin

Fact, he was not even top 5 on the English squad. I didn't ask u about him signing a contract, will he play at Liverpool yes or no? We are here talking about forwards who will be main men in their clubs next season and u are dragging us back all because u want to feel like u are right. Go make ur own country and call up who u like.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:36pm On Jun 11, 2017
Joebie:
Its not about who you prefer, but who has delivered more for the SE recently. If memory serves me right now even Obafemi was in the SE not oo long. Adi as well. Let's call a spade a spade. We lost to SA because the did far better playing as a team. How many quality players do they have? And you guys are here arguing about who is better than who.

Is Nigeria better than Brazil who dey bring old players from China?

We lost due to wrong use of players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:46pm On Jun 11, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Fact, he was not even top 5 on the English squad. I didn't ask u about him signing a contract, will he play at Liverpool yes or no? We are here talking about forwards who will be main men in their clubs next season and u are dragging us back all because u want to feel like u are right. Go make ur own country and call up who u like.

Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! See dis guy dey tell me make I go form my country as if say na em get dis country. shocked shocked shocked grin grin

What an insult upon my personality. If you don't agree with my views, you can move on. It is not by force to read my comments.

I have equal rights to express my thoughts through speech or any media. And those players have equal rights to represent their country as much as others. No schism.

Now, back to the argument.

We are talking about the best player of the Tournament and you are hear talking about the top 5 in the English team. Now that is ridiculous. grin

Since, you said he was chosen based on the English man sentiment, are the other 4 English players from France?

See as sentiment has beclouded your sense of reasoning.

Dominic Solanke will play regularly next season for either Chelsea or Liverpool. TAKE IT TO THE BANK. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:46pm On Jun 11, 2017
forgiveness:

Solanke was the cause of the arguments then and today I have been vindicated of all false allegations.

Is that not enough to bring back your sense of reasoning? Yet you are still soaking in the pool of sentiment.

Why should I change when everything I have said is coming to pass? grin

I said the same thing about Dele Alli even before he became anything and you are here to change. Even Icon4s say na average player. O my God! grin

Shuuuu! And you are here telling me to change. From what? Are you for real?

From the look of things I perceived you are a biased judge and your speech betrays you as one as guilty as such.

Sorry, I don't your biased advice because I wise enough. grin

one who still dwells in doldrum of tribal sentiments is not wise.....
no matter how hard you try......your arguments and points even though some make sense at times....but your reason for such is nothing but a tribal course....
I believe I am not the only one here who have noticed this or said same thing about your tribal sentiments..many have said same thing, you've even had disagreement wit some persons here over same issue, though I won't mention names
you just have to advise yourself... I believe you're too big for these childish acts

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 5:51pm On Jun 11, 2017
Now that the game is gone and Rohr has not invited players for the next game, this would be my desired line up based on the players that are ELIGIBLE to represent us. Enough of this stupid fantasy football of "ifs". So I can never draw a lineup with a Solanke, Tammy Abraham, Tonorarigha and Co. They are currently playing for other nations.
4-3-3 formation:
Ikeme;
Aina (his change process is already in motion), Balogun, Troost, Amuzie.
Ndidi (DM), Azuibike Okechukwu (box2box), Mikel (AM).
Moses (LW), Imoh/Aluko (RW), Ideye.

Imoh is a hustler and a dream choice for a RB or LB cos he tracks back a lot. He knows how to beat his man and crosses with his brains as hr had the ability to perform cut backs, pinpoint crosses and shoot. Aluko is more diverse as he can score from his position and does same as Ezekiel except in defense. Tough call.
Ideye may not score but he'd helo people like Mikel, Moses get the goals. Amuzie is my choice LB, he's the most modern LB we have. Crosses very well, shoots, dribbles very well. Hedbe helped out in defense with Moses playing along with him.

This is just my 2 cents. Enough of names playing football. SA didn't have names but almost could have given our worshispped NAMES almost 5 0 yesterday.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:58pm On Jun 11, 2017
Chai Ghana wan kill Ethiopia. 5-0.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:01pm On Jun 11, 2017
Humility017:

one who still dwells in doldrum of tribal sentiments is not wise.....
no matter how hard you try......your arguments and points even though some make sense at times....but your reason for such is nothing but a tribal course....
I believe I am not the only one here who have noticed this or said same thing about tribal sentiments..many have said same thing, you've even had disagreement wit some over some persons here over same issue
you just have to advise yourself....

Oga, you are not in the best position to mediate or advice.

You are not different if you don't blame those engaged in it including yourself.

Stop mentioning you are not the only one blah blah because you have not taken votes of those who frequent this thread. grin

It is only you and your like minded fellow who are just a fraction of the total number of members and anonymous reads. grin

So stop playing that game.

Like I said all the players I clamored for here have proven that I know what I am talking about. grin

Are you blind to see that?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:03pm On Jun 11, 2017
I don't think we are gonna get these bunches of Nigerian players in the England u-20 anytime soon.
The truth is,most European players of African origin prefer to play for European countries because those countries have a better football structure than us.
The England FA will obviously do all they can to shield the boys from Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by achimotan(m): 6:04pm On Jun 11, 2017
BascoVanVeli:
Chai Ghana wan kill Ethiopia. 5-0.

We will add one more goal to make it 6.
Gyan has now scored 50 goals for Ghana
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 6:05pm On Jun 11, 2017
Announcement! Announcement!! Announcement!!! Ghana is back, Ghana is back. Egypt fear please. The only true coach that makes Ghana play expressively is back - Kwesi Appiah. The current 5 0 scoreline is not the deal, it's how they are playing. Kwado Asamoah is not even playing sef. They were too conservative under Grant. If only Ghana can respect him just as they respected Grant, they would achieve a lot.
Siasia is as good as Kwesi Appiah, but he's only hired when there's a problem. Sia1 has never started any campaign from starry to finish at senior level. I believe he can get us to play like Ghana does under Appiah. Rohr is not bad but i believe Sia1 sets up his team to play better football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:06pm On Jun 11, 2017
forgiveness:

You are not different if you don't blame those engaged in it including yourself.

Stop mentioning you are not the only one blah blah because you have not taken votes of those who frequent this thread. grin

It is only you and your like minded fellow who are just a fraction of the total number of members and anonymous reads. grin

Like I said all the players I clamored for here have proven that I know what I am talking about. grin

what have they've proven....?
the likes of ajagun and co
you just have to wake up
I can see you're fast asleep
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:07pm On Jun 11, 2017
But they lost to Argentina just a couple days ago. I can use the your logic again
forgiveness:

Is Nigeria better than Brazil who dey bring old players from China?

We lost due to wrong use of players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:08pm On Jun 11, 2017
forgiveness:

that's why I said...
you should advice yourself...
didn't you read my comment?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:11pm On Jun 11, 2017
forgiveness:

Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! See dis guy dey tell me make I go form my country as if say na em get dis country. shocked shocked shocked grin grin

What an insult upon my personality. If you don't agree with my views, you can move on. It is not by force to read my comments.

I have equal rights to express my thoughts through speech or any media. And those players have equal rights to represent their country as much as others. No schism.

Now, back to the argument.

We are talking about the best player of the Tournament and you are hear talking about the top 5 in the English team. Now that is ridiculous. grin

Since, you said he was chosen based on the English man sentiment, are the other 4 English players from France?

See as sentiment has beclouded your sense of reasoning.

Dominic Solanke will play regularly next season for either Chelsea or Liverpool. TAKE IT TO THE BANK. grin

If u like let it be an insult on humanity. I have given u my opinion so whatever speech u just made should apply to me too abi? I am not being sentimental just because I don't agree with u, I just don't agree with u. The player just won a wc for England and u are here telling us about him playing for Nigeria, how much sense does that make?

Solanke was not better than Ademola, Onomah, Ojo, Ovie, Calvert-Lewin, etc.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:12pm On Jun 11, 2017
Humility017:

forget about obafemi Martins please
ideye is replaceable just Mikel in our midfield we will be just fine
balogun, and Victor moses in the team too

Why not Obafemi Martins after all did England not recall Defoe after being forgotten for so many years and he is 2/3 years older than Obagoal.

I will ask if Obafemi was in that match do you think he would not have scored
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:14pm On Jun 11, 2017
Humility017:

what have they've proven....?
the likes of ajagun and co
you just have to wake up
I can see you're fast asleep

Dele Alli don prove am

Dominic Solanke don prove am

Ajagun has proved himself severally and he will finally prove himself this season by his grace

Onomah proved himself

Plenty plenty plenty. But unfortunately you and your cohorts see nothing in inviting Nwakali and Azubuike in a second division to the national team. grin

Now, that is preposterous. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by leathalbeast: 6:16pm On Jun 11, 2017
Ghana 5-0 Ethiopia, to safarigirl and all those nigerians who said ghana's team was weak pls eat humble pie and always remember that names dont play football.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:19pm On Jun 11, 2017
Joebie:
I'm not doubting. I'm inly stating that just because he is the MVP at the U20s doesn't not guarantee anything at the senior level. I've been following Solanke even when he helps Chelsea win the youth champions league. But hey he also plays club football. You yhink he can displace Liverpool forwards today?

The only person standing in his way currently is Origi and Firmino as I believe Sturridge will most likely move on this summer.

So do not be too premature in your assumption.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1116) (1117) (1118) (1119) (1120) (1121) (1122) ... (16398) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheSuperNerd(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.