Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,251 members, 7,887,723 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:54 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12065091 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1117) (1118) (1119) (1120) (1121) (1122) (1123) ... (16431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:23pm On Jun 11, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

If u like let it be an insult on humanity. I have given u my opinion so whatever speech u just made should apply to me too abi? I am not being sentimental just because I don't agree with u, I just don't agree with u. The player just won a wc for England and u are here telling us about him playing for Nigeria, how much sense does that make?

Solanke was not better than Ademola, Onomah, Ojo, Ovie, Calvert-Lewin, etc.

See dis one playing the victim after being guilty of trying to deprive one of his fundamental human rights.

Yes, Dominic Solanke must be looked into and called to the national team. After all, Iwobi was an academy player and nobody before he started playing for the national team. Abi I lie?

He was not deem fit to be part of this same set of players in England. He never made the team because this same set of players were waay ahead of him but today we now know his ability. Why?

He was given invitation to prove himself in the National team. grin

Now, let me ask you this last question.

WHO IS THE BEST PLAYER OF THE TOURNAMENT IN THIS TOURNAMENT? shocked grin Bhuuuhahaha!

DOMINIC SOLANKE! shocked shocked shocked grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:28pm On Jun 11, 2017
komekn:

Why not Obafemi Martins after all did England not recall Defoe after being forgotten for so many years and he is 2/3 years older than Obagoal.

I will ask if Obafemi was in that match do you think he would not have scored

where is he going to get the goal from?
the midfield was the problem yesterday and not the strikers....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:32pm On Jun 11, 2017
forgiveness:

Solanke was the cause of the arguments then and today I have been vindicated of all false allegations.

Is that not enough to bring back your sense of reasoning? Yet you are still soaking in the pool of sentiment.

Why should I change when everything I have said is coming to pass? grin

I said the same thing about Dele Alli even before he became anything and you are here to change. Even Icon4s say na average player. O my God! grin

Shuuuu! And you are here telling me to change. From what? Are you for real?

From the look of things I perceived you are a biased judge and your speech betrays you as one as guilty as such.

Sorry, I don't your biased advice because I wise enough. grin
heaven knows...
had it been nwakali and azubuike were from your place.....you would have been at the fore front calling for their invitation....
others you currently calling for their inclusion in the SE setup simply because they're of same tribe wit u.....

I am not even frm the south east neither am I from the south west....to let you know
the likes of you are the problem wit our football

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 6:34pm On Jun 11, 2017
Icon4s:

Well some here are already clamouring for them.
Some of us are already loosing hope in rohr. That's so unfair.

A loss was supposed to happen at sometime. That's when we'll know our strengths and weaknesses and also see how we can improve. we should be glad it happened now rather than later

A case scenario is guardiola's city, when they were on a winning run, he said he wants his first loss to come soon rather than later.

It happened at he improved his team. Now anyone who watched city towards the end can testify to the fact that they improved and played beautiful football.

There's nothing bad in loosing, its an opportunity to improve and come back stronger. Lets just have some extra faith in rohr and trust that he will get it right next time, with one or two changes of course

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:36pm On Jun 11, 2017
forgiveness:

Dele Alli don prove am

Dominic Solanke don prove am

Ajagun has proved himself severally and he will finally prove himself this season by his grace

Onomah proved himself

Plenty plenty plenty. But unfortunately you and your cohorts see nothing in inviting Nwakali and Azubuike in a second division to the national team. grin

Now, that is preposterous. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chidexxy007(m): 6:36pm On Jun 11, 2017
SE loyalist, hwfa na. Foreign expatriate don spoil wetin Christian Chukwu sef preserved. this team needs to b disbanded. #lubbish
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:37pm On Jun 11, 2017
Humility017:

heaven knows...
had it been nwakali and azubuike were from your place.....you would have been at the fore front calling for their invitation....
I am not even frm the south east neither am I from the south west

Who cares where you are from? grin

I don't even want to know like you are perturbed to know. grin

Are you saved to know the mind of heavens? shocked grin

Nwakali, Azubuike and Ramon Azeez doesn't deserve to be called to the national team. Even Sone Aluko is not mentioned by me despite the fact that he is a good player.

Go and sleep. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:38pm On Jun 11, 2017
forgiveness:

Who cares where you are from? grin

I don't even want to know like you are perturbed to know. grin

Are you saved to know the mind of heavens? shocked grin

Nwakali, Azubuike and Ramon Azeez doesn't deserve to be called to the national team. Even Sone Aluko is not mentioned by me despite the fact that he is a good player.

Go and sleep. grin
mr tribalist
I hear youuuu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chidexxy007(m): 6:39pm On Jun 11, 2017
Humility017:

you're a tribal bigot...
serious one
Its a shame really that we can't talk about just anything in Nigeria without some animals showing their tribal shit..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:42pm On Jun 11, 2017
Humility017:

you're a tribal bigot...
serious one

Prove it with facts else I will sue you to court. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:43pm On Jun 11, 2017
You use the word premature in your argument. Are you Klopp? Let's wait to see the role he will play in the EPL. Isn't your talk also premature?

komekn:

The only person standing in his way currently is Origi and Firmino as I believe Sturridge will most likely move on this summer.

So do not be too premature in your assumption.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:44pm On Jun 11, 2017
Humility017:
mr tribalist I hear youuuu
But he said I am the tribalist here.
Chai. Na wa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:45pm On Jun 11, 2017
Of what good is your strikers if they can't score for the SE? A goal scoring midfielder is better than a designated striker who can't deliver.
forgiveness:

Iheanacho is not a striker. That is my point. Don't twist my point. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:46pm On Jun 11, 2017
komekn:

The only person standing in his way currently is Origi and Firmino as I believe Sturridge will most likely move on this summer.

So do not be too premature in your assumption.

Help me tell them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 6:48pm On Jun 11, 2017
when we won Algeria n Zambia I didn't hear much noise like this, I didn't even know we still watch Naija matches, I belief this is same team that played the Algeria if not for the absence of Mikel, balogun n mosses.
Also I think the introduction of new players got the coach confused cos he had to go back to inducting the new ones into the team rather than build the team.
we played all our best players on the pitch and don't have quality sub.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:49pm On Jun 11, 2017
Icon4s:

Chai. Na wa.

The icon of tribalism. Kedu! grin

I will open a thread for you soon. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:54pm On Jun 11, 2017
forgiveness:

The icon of tribalism. Kedu! grin
I will open a thread for you soon. grin
This comedy is not funny any more.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:55pm On Jun 11, 2017
Icon4s:

This comedy is not funny any more.

Of course. I am serious. cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 11, 2017
Oga forgiveness, I don't know if u re just showing those smileys and those #buhuuhuhahaha Bros you re happy that we lost or Solanke won golden ball.

Common!!! you can do better than that, it's becoming primary school stuff

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:01pm On Jun 11, 2017
Joebie:
Of what good is your strikers if they can't score for the SE? A goal scoring midfielder is better than a designated striker who can't deliver.

Which strikes?

Iheanacho is not a striker. Take it or leave it.

If the coach like, let him use Iheanacho as the point man against Cameroon, na em sabi. But he should be expecting the worst of game.

Na dat time em and ya eyes go clear. grin

I said it after the match against Algeria when I saw him played as the no 9.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:03pm On Jun 11, 2017
Chrismario:
Oga forgiveness, I don't know if u re just showing those smileys and those #buhuuhuhahaha Bros you re happy that we lost or Solanke won golden ball.

Common!!! you can do better than that, it's becoming primary school stuff

Bros, this is best time to clear the air but dem head strong die.

Anyway, I soon be going back to my observation mood once it's time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 7:09pm On Jun 11, 2017
leathalbeast:
Ghana 5-0 Ethiopia, to safarigirl and all those nigerians who said ghana's team was weak pls eat humble pie and always remember that names dont play football.
sorry,this is meant for forgiveness not u, mr forgiveness,have u at any point in time ever suggested some of these your players u've been clamouring for to the right people that actually matters,not just on Nairaland threads? What if the the coaches are not aware of their capabilitie?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:09pm On Jun 11, 2017
. See
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 11, 2017
forgiveness:

Bros, this is best time to clear the air but dem head strong die.

Anyway, I soon be going back to my observation mood once it's time.

I would av been more happy if the better proven prospect like Tammy is the discussion.
Solanke bad shaa.
At least he's beta than your cousin Ajagun
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:13pm On Jun 11, 2017
Chrismario:

I would av been more happy if the better proven prospect like Tammy is the discussion.
Solanke bad shaa.
At least he's beta than your cousin Ajagun

Tammy Abraham is already in the bag. grin

What you are saying about Ajagun is the same you said about Solanke few days ago but you are chopping ya vomit. grin

No worries. You will soon see Ajagun. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:17pm On Jun 11, 2017
Napoleon55:
sorry,promise this is meant for forgiveness not u, mr forgiveness,have u at any point in time ever suggested some of these your players u've been clamouring for to the right people that actually matters,not just on Nairaland threads? What if the the coaches are not aware of their capabilitie?

I learnt they are here spying the thread.

Honestly, Dominic Solanke has been been approached but he wanted to play the U20 to have a feel. Same goes to Lookman, Evia, Ojo, and Onomah. grin

I just dey...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 11, 2017
forgiveness:

Tammy Abraham is already in the bag. grin

What you are saying Ajagun is the same you said about Solanke few days ago but you are chopping ya vomit. grin

No worries. You will soon see Ajagun. grin

Still, Solanke is not proven yet.
3 weeks tournament isn't a yardstick
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:19pm On Jun 11, 2017
Icon4s:

Chai. Na wa.
just leave him....He is not someone that should be engaged in a discussion..... I read....his comments when he said that the truth is people often accuse others of doing what they're guilty of

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 7:20pm On Jun 11, 2017
I read some pages back where someone was asking what Iheanacho plays as in his club or what Iwobi play as in his club. Truth of the matter is to get the best out of someone, you have to exploit their strengths and not force them to be what they are not. Using Iheanacho as a 9 both in club and country has never ever yielded any good result. He can play as a support striker. He can pounce in loose balls and fire straight home. Playing him as a lone striker never works especially if you dont have someone who can pick him out by threading good quality passes. And the only person able to do that is Iwobi or Mikel.

As for Iwobi, playing him on the left wing in arsenal is to create room for Ozil as a 10 and thats politics if you ask me. Iwobi thrives more as a 10, although he needs to be drilled in that area too but there is no doubt that he can thread passes through concrete if allowed. Its all about allowing someone to flourish in their area of strength. Of what use i ask is the blossoming relationship between Iheanacho and Iwobi if he cant supply him with the right passes? Its because someone chose to play everyone as used in their clubs. Bad idea people!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:24pm On Jun 11, 2017
Humility017:

just leave him....He is not someone that should be engaged in a discussion.....
I read....his comments when he said that
the truth is people often accuse others of doing what they're guilty of

You have accused him of being a Tribalist. Does that mean you are a Tribalist?

Na wa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:27pm On Jun 11, 2017
Humility017:

just leave him....He is not someone that should be engaged in a discussion.....
I read....his comments when he said that
the truth is people often accuse others of doing what they're guilty of

Even if I show you evidence of how he boldly said 'that is why Onigbinde tribe will never coach the national team again' your brainwashed head will still pat him at his back.

Of course, I have seen you don dat recently when you exonerated Omobala your cohort.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 7:30pm On Jun 11, 2017
forgiveness:

I learnt they are here spying the thread.

Honestly, Dominic Solanke has been been approached but he wanted to play the U20 to have a feel. Same goes to Lookman, Evia, Ojo, and Onomah. grin

I just dey...
so who is to be blamed for,as they r not yet playing for super eagles?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1117) (1118) (1119) (1120) (1121) (1122) (1123) ... (16431) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lovewins, Kog45(m), toluxe0075, Ppogbae, Posh(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.