Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,636 members, 7,924,121 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 11:40 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12267960 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1199) (1200) (1201) (1202) (1203) (1204) (1205) ... (16527) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 5:51pm On Jul 09, 2017
maidaboi:
he should take alook at the npfl goalkeepers, out of 20 teams there must be a good goalkeeper now

Aiyenuga isn't good enough for a Recall?!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 5:52pm On Jul 09, 2017
AbuMikey:

Kid plays like Young Messi cheesy
pls I don't wanna hear any body call this kid little Messi or Nigeria messi crab things. I don't know if all these comparisons r d reasons why most of them fails to fulfill their potentials

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 6:09pm On Jul 09, 2017
very soon Super Eagle's coach will select all his players in just 3 countries ,Turkey,England and Belgium . but once any of our players move to Turkey,they loose form,or they become less productive. I remember when Okocha,mokachi and Uche Okechukwu all moved to turkey and their games were affected.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:29pm On Jul 09, 2017
Man City Recall Chidiebere Nwakali After Dazzling Displays For Loan Side Sogndal-For another possible loan

Manchester City loanee Chidiebere Nwakali will return to the club on the 31st of July according to his elder brother Allwell Nwakali, who also revealed plans are underway for the 20 year old to head out on another loan deal to a team in a top league.

The midfielder is having a splendid time with Norwegian outfit Sogndal , where he has emerged as one of the stars of the team, but Allwell believes he need to move to a league where his talents will be noticed.

“Chidiebere’s loan will end on July 31, 2017”, Allwell disclosed at his Eziobodo, Owerri West LGA, Imo State home town.

“Then he will return to Manchester City (of England) but his manager is working towards taking him to the core European leagues like Germany, Spain, Italy and the likes.

“He wants him to play in a more competitive league so as to be seen and noticed.

“Out there in Norway, he is not being noticed because Norwegian league is not being followed by a vast of global football watchers”.

**Ade Emmanuel

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/07/09/man-city-recall-chidiebere-nwakali-after-dazzling-displays-for-loan-side-sogndal/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:34pm On Jul 09, 2017
Exclusive: Alhassan Ibrahim Misses Out On N438 Million Turkey Deal, Kalmar End Interest

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that an unnamed Super Lig club have ended their pursuit of Nigeria national-teamer Alhassan Ibrahim this summer.

The Akwa United sensation had been in talks with a representative of the Turkish club, who pulled the plug on the deal after the striker refused to issue him a mandate.

Alhassan Ibrahim would have pocketed 1.2 million dollars per season at the Super Lig team if the transfer had materialized.

The former Flying Eagles star was also attracting interest from Kalmar, and the Sporting Director of the Swedish club Thomas Andersson Borstam was due to fly to the French capital to watch him in action against Togo but later cancelled the trip because of his daughter's birthday.

The update is Kalmar are no more willing to pursue the services of their former trialist.

Ibrahim, 20, claims he is now represented by United Kingdom based agent John Shittu, who brokered the deal that took Mikel to Chelsea.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23705
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:36pm On Jul 09, 2017
Nigeria's Best Paid Sportsman Scores, Wins Penalty For Changchun Yatai

Nigeria international Odion Ighalo was on target in Changchun Yatai's impressive 4-2 win over Shanghai SIPG FC at the Development Area Stadium on Sunday.

The former Watford star made it 4-1 in the 58th minute when he slotted home after he was put through on goal by Huszti.
His strike against Shanghai SIPG FC took his tally to four goals in the Chinese Super League this season.

Huszti gave the home team the lead in the 22nd minute when he converted a spot kick after Ighalo was fouled in the box.

Odion Ighalo has 14 appearances under his belt in the Chinese top-flight, and has logged 1,243 minutes in total.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23702

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:23pm On Jul 09, 2017
Oasis007:

Aiyenuga isn't good enough for a Recall?!
he is good
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AbuMikey(m): 8:26pm On Jul 09, 2017
Napoleon55:
pls I don't wanna hear any body call this kid little Messi or Nigeria messi crab things. I don't know if all these comparisons r d reasons why most of them fails to fulfill their potentials

Boss, I didn't call Him little Messi.
I only opined that He Plays like. ;-)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 9:23pm On Jul 09, 2017
AbuMikey:

Boss, I didn't call Him little Messi.
I only opined that He Plays like. ;-)
I was actually referring to Nigerian press
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly2(m): 10:57pm On Jul 09, 2017
Napoleon55:
I was actually referring to Nigerian press

the truth is he plays like messi period but he is not messi he can create his own game style latter.

but yes he plays like messi

na me talk am, oya come flogg me

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 8:14am On Jul 10, 2017
Humility017:

to be honest wit you...that alloy agu guy is a square peg in a round hole...
the nff keep appointing rockies as coach...
even the Yusuf is a disaster waiting to happen..
where the likes of maikaba, siasia and co are there unengaged

Alloy Agu is a square peg in a round hole? Oh my God! shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:53am On Jul 10, 2017
wayodude:

Leave them, they think national team players selection is like selecting what to eat for lunch.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 2:03pm On Jul 10, 2017
sontoly2:

the truth is he plays like messi period but he is not messi he can create his own game style latter.

grin
sontoly2:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lordabas: 4:52pm On Jul 10, 2017
Its official
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 5:00pm On Jul 10, 2017
How can we rally support for Carl 'Maestro' Ikeme? He needs a heavy Nig presence around him.

Meanwhile, Dumb Pep continues to prove that despite what he's achieved, he still has a knack for irrational choices.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:24pm On Jul 10, 2017
Lordabas:
Its official

Iheanacho to Leicester.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:25pm On Jul 10, 2017
daveP:
How can we rally support for Carl 'Maestro' Ikeme? He needs a heavy Nig presence around him.

Meanwhile, Dumb Pep continues to prove that despite what he's achieved,

The best we can do for Carl now is pray for him.

But I am not understanding your second sentence o.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 5:43pm On Jul 10, 2017
Icon4s:

modified
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 5:49pm On Jul 10, 2017
Icon4s:

We fit follow am for Twitter to show am love.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:05pm On Jul 10, 2017
Yusuf lists Ezenwa, Odey, 28 others for CHAN fixture

Super Eagles’ Chief Coach, Salisu Yusuf, has invited goalkeeper Ikechukwu Ezenwa and 29 other players to camp for next month’s 2018 African Nations Championship qualifying fixture against the winner between Togo and Benin Republic. Togo and Benin Republic will conclude their qualifying fixture this month.

Nigeria Professional Football League leading scorer Stephen Odey, Akwa United’s nimble –footed midfielder Alhassan Ibrahim, Elisha Golbe of League leaders Plateau United and Chiamaka Madu of champions Enugu Rangers are also called.

Kano Pillars’ experienced midfielder Rabiu Ali, Mathias Samuel of El-Kanemi Warriors, Nasarawa United’s Thomas Zenke and Sunday Adetunji of Abia Warriors will also report in camp.

Nigeria, 2014 bronze medallists, will lock horns with the winner of a preliminary fixture between the West African neighbours, with the first leg taking place on the weekend of 11th – 13th August in either Cotonou or Lome, and the return leg in Nigeria on Saturday, 19th August.

THE FULL LIST

Goalkeepers: Ikechukwu Ezenwa (FC IfeanyiUbah); Theophilus Afelokhai (Enyimba FC), Okiemute Odah (Lobi Stars), Dele Ajiboye (Plateau United)

Defenders: Jamiu Alimi (Kano Pillars); Orji Kalu (Rangers International); Stephen Eze (FC IfeanyiUbah); Ariwachukwu Emmanuel (Akwa United); Elisha Golbe (Plateau United); Chima Akas (Enyimba FC); Nasiru Sani (Katsina United), Osas Okoro (Rangers International), Chinedu Ajanah (ABS FC)

Midfielders: Hafiz Aremu (Akwa United); Emeka Atuloma (Rivers United); Raphael Ayagwa (Lobi Stars); Ifeanyi Ifeanyi (Akwa United); Rabiu Ali (Kano Pillars), Samuel Mathias (El-Kanemi Warriors), Alhassan Ibrahim (Akwa United), Chiamaka Madu (Rangers International)

Forwards: Mfon Udoh (Enyimba FC); Prince Aggreh (FC IfeanyiUbah); Sikiru Olatubosun (MFM FC), Thomas Zenke (Nasarawa United); Austin Oladapo (Gombe United), Stephen Odey (MFM FC); Kingsley Eduwo (Lobi Stars), SundayAdetunji (Abia Warriors), Ifeanyi George (Rangers International)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:08pm On Jul 10, 2017
Chikatara Urges NPFL Players To Take CHAN Seriously, Avoid Slavish Deals Overseas

 2 Jul 2017
 Headlines, Top Stories

By Izuchukwu Okosi:

Wydad Casablanca of Morocco and Nigeria striker, Chisom Chikatara, has advised Nigerian footballers in the home league against hurrying to overseas during the transfer windows and firmly recommends the Championship For African Nations (CHAN) as a great platform for the Nigeria Professional Football League stars to showcase their talents, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

The home-based Eagles under the supervision of coach Salisu Yusuf will begin their first round of camping on Monday July 3 ahead of the CHAN 2018 qualifiers in August against Togo or Benin Republic.

CHikakara outstanding player for the Nigerian national team at the 2016 CHAN tournament spoke with Completesportsnigeria.com on Sunday on the manner of departure to backwaters of European football by NPFL players during the transfer windows.

"The CHAN tournament is a great opportunity for players to show a wider audience what they can offer. The CAF competitions too are there," Chikatara posited.

"So I believe players should endeavour to do well in those competitions and get good deals abroad rather than sign slavish contracts just to leave the shores of Nigeria or Africa. I hope we qualify for the 2018 edition of CHAN. I wish I can get the opportunity again, but it's not possible.

"I was patiently waiting for the 2016 CHAN tournament to come around even when everybody hailed my impact for my former club, Abia Warriors and wondered when I would eventually move abroad," the striker who finished as joint top scorer of the Championship along with DR Congo's Elia Meshak and Tunisia's Ahmed Akaichi with four goals told Completesportsnigeria.com.

Speaking on his current club, Chikatara simply said:

"Not what I want to speak about. I have had bad times of late, very rough moments. I've scored just one goal in the CAF Champions League and none in the last season," he rued.

Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/chikatara-urges-npfl-players-take-chan-seriously-avoid-slavish-deals-overseas/#BkHtSAu4b8WkZLqc.99

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:10pm On Jul 10, 2017
CHAN 2018: Eagles wait as NFF dilly-dallies

By David Ngobua | Publish Date: Jul 8 2017 2:00AM

With the qualifiers for the 2018 Total African Nations Championship, CHAN, around the corner, Home -based players who are hoping to be part of the Super Eagles squad have been left waiting because the Nigeria Football Federation is yet to invite them to camp.

The competition to be hosted by Kenya from January 11 to February 11 will be the 5th edition of CHAN. The first edition was staged in 2011 in Ivory Coast.

It is a biennial football tournament organized by the Confederation of African Football (CAF) exclusively featuring players from the respective national leagues.

The Super Eagles are hoping to make their third appearance in a row. After missing out on the two editions held in 2009 in Ivory Coast and 2011 in Sudan, Nigeria qualified for the third edition in 2014 in South Africa where the Eagles led by Late Stephen Keshi placed third after beating Zimbabwe 1-0 in the classification match.

Unfortunately, Eagles second appearance in 2016 under Sunday Oliseh was a complete disaster as the Eagles crashed out of the championship at the group stage. After hammering Niger 4-1 with former Abia Warriors star, Chisom Chikatara scoring a hat-trick, the Eagles went on to play a 1-1 draw with Tunisia before losing 0-1 to Guinea. The Eagles failed to soar.

Nigerians are yet to forget how the Super Eagles appearance at the 2016 CHAN in Rwanda was characterised by endless crisis as the then Coach, Oliseh was accused of masterminding players’ revolt over match bonuses and allowances.

It will be recalled that immediately after the championship in Rwanda, the former Super Eagles captain threw in the towel paving way for the appointment of Samson Siasia in acting capacity until Gernor Rohr was finally appointed the new Technical Adviser of the team.

For the 2018 edition to be staged in Kenya, the Eagles have been drawn bye by CAF and will play the winner of the qualifying tie between the Hawks of Togo and Squirrels of Benin. If the Eagles can win both legs on home and away basis, it will guarantee a return to CHAN for a third straight time.

The two-legged qualifiers will be held between 11-20 August, 2017. Nigerians are therefore worried that in as much as August is not far from here, there is nothing on ground to suggest that the Home-Based Eagles are getting ready to prosecute the qualifiers.

Considering that the Eagles are yet to win the continental championship, most Nigerians are of the opinion that the NFF should have taken preparations for the 2018 CHAN with all seriousness.

Unfortunately, the reverse is the case nobody can say exactly what the NFF is doing to prepare the team for the championship which parades some of the best players in the national leagues.

SHOT!’s investigation shows that the coach of the team, Salisu Yusuf is yet to submit to the NFF the list of players he has selected for camping ahead of the competition.

The Director of Communications in the NFF, Mr. Ademola Olajire told SHOT! that preparations have not commenced because the coach has not submitted to the football federation his list of players.

He said “The coach is yet to submit to us the list of players he has invited to camp. It is only when he submits his programme that NFF will decide where to camp the players.

“As soon as he makes the list available, the players will be invited to camp to commence preparations. For now, we are waiting for the winner between Togo and Benin Republic. The first leg of our qualifiers will be played on August 11 away and the return leg will be on August 20.”

Several calls put across to Coach Yusuf went unanswered but a member of the NFF Technical Committee who wants to remain anonymous said very soon the coach will submit the list to the federation.

He said the coach has been monitoring the players since the commencement of the ongoing Nigeria Professional Football League season and he already knows the players who will form the squad for the 2018 CHAN in Kenya.

“These are genuine concerns but the coach has not gone to sleep. He has been working on the list and very soon, he will make it available.

“I am sure he knows that the task before him is not a small one. He has taken the assignment seriously and that is why he goes round match venues to monitor the players.

“Once he submits the list, there will be no further delay. We shall look at it and submit it for the necessary action. I can assure you that NFF is not taking anything for granted,” he said.

Already four of the home-based players, Ikechukwu Ezenwa (FC IfeanyiUbah), Alhassan Ibrahim (Akwa United), and MFM’s duo of Sikiru Olatunbosun and Stephen Odey are guaranteed places in the list to be released by the coach.

The player whose place in the team is guaranteed is Akwa United’s inspirational player, Ibrahim who saw few minutes of the disastrous AFCON 2019 qualifier against South Africa in Uyo in June.

Apart from the above mentioned quartet, the domestic league is brimming with quality players who can help banish the ghost of Rwanda 2016 where the Eagles performed dismally.

Thus, former international, Barnabas Imenger said the league is filled to the brim with experienced and talented players who can do the job in Kenya.

He, however, said if selection is done on considerations other than merit, the result will remain the same. “You and I know that the league in Nigeria is among the best in Africa. The standard of the league is improving every year.

“We have so many good players in the league but if they are not given a chance, it will still be the same old story. I thought by now the team will be in camp but here are we still discussing players invitation to camp.

“Early preparation is the key to success in any competition. It is said he who fails to prepare, prepares to fail. I think this is the time for preparations to start.

“The coach is a product of the local league. It is encouraging that he goes round to monitor players. I don’t think he will repeat the past mistakes. Only the best legs in the league will deliver the CHAN trophy to Nigeria,” he said.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:17pm On Jul 10, 2017
KEL OF A SIGNING Manchester City accept £25m bid from Leicester for sought-after striker Kelechi Iheanacho

The 20-year-old is poised to swap the Etihad for the King Power Stadium in a major coup for the Foxes

By Jake Lambourne

LEICESTER CITY have had an offer of £25million accepted by Manchester City for striker Kelechi Iheanacho.

The 20-year-old has fell down the pecking order under Citizens boss Pep Guardiola, paving the way for the Foxes to lure him to the King Power Stadium.
According to Sky Sports news, a deal in principle to bring the Nigerian international to the 2015/16 Premier League champions has been agreed.

However, there are still contractual issues to sort out before Craig Shakespeare can show his major coup.

Leicester have beaten West Ham in the race to acquire his services, with the Hammers hopeful that former City star Pablo Zabaleta could persuade him to move to London.

Shakespeare believes Iheanacho will form a formidable partnership with Jamie Vardy upfront, with both forwards blessed with blistering pace and deadly finishing.

The 2015/16 League Cup winner started just once in 2017 under the former Barcelona boss last season, with Gabriel Jesus and Sergio Aguero preferred ahead of him.

Still, he managed to bag seven goals in 29 games in all competitions – a decent return for a player who featured sporadically throughout the whole campaign.
In his breakthrough season the year before, he netted eight Premier League goals in 26 games – 14 in all competitions, as he established himself as one of the most exciting prospects in the top-flight.

His startling form led to his debut for the Super Eagles in 2015, where he has since went on to notch up an impressive six strikes in 10 caps.

He was part of the Nigerian side that won the FIFA Under-17 World Cup in 2013, where he took home the Golden Ball award, as he netted six goals as well as providing seven assists in the tournament.

It’s already been a busy transfer window for the Foxes, bringing in centre-back Harry Maguire from Hull City for a fee rising to £17million, and Sevilla’s defensive midfield captain Vicente Iborra for £12.5m.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:17pm On Jul 10, 2017
Icon4s:

Leave them, they think national team players selection is like selecting what to eat for lunch.
and you support the invitation of Dele?
why can't alloy agu scout for good goal keepers in the NPFL
or are there no good goal keepers ?
he keep facilitating the invitation of ezenwa not even guaranteed a starting barth for FC Ifeanyiuba
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:20pm On Jul 10, 2017
wayodude:

I think he is proving it
you can't just tell me....from a league of 20 teams there are no good and brave goal keepers
enyeama was still in NPFL when he became eagles number 1 goalie
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:05pm On Jul 10, 2017
Leicester City striker Islam Slimani could be made available if Kelechi Iheanacho signs
By Rob Tanner

Record signing Islam Slimani's future at Leicester City could be in doubt.

Leicester are growing ever confident of wrapping up a deal to sign Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho – and that could spell the end of Slimani's time at the King Power Stadium, according to reports.

Algeria international Slimani cost City £30million in a record-breaking move from Sporting Lison last summer but the 29-year-old scored only eight goals in 29 appearances for the club.

Jamie Vardy is the undisputed main striker at City and boss Craig Shakespeare believes Iheanacho would be an ideal attacking partner, meaning Slimani, Shinji Okazaki and Leonardo Ulloa would slip down the pecking order.

According to the reports, City could be willing to off-load Slimani for a sizeable fee, while a loan move back to Sporting may not be ruled out.

A £25m deal for Iheanacho could be concluded this week, with negotiations said to be agreed 'in principle'.

The 20-year-old Nigeria international made nine starts and 21 substitute appearances for Man City last season, scoring nine times and providing three assists.

City had faced competition for Iheanacho from other clubs, including Premier League rivals West Ham, but it appears Leicester are now the front-runners for his signature.

Source: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/leicester-city-striker-islam-slimani-could-be-made-available-if-kelechi-iheanacho-signs/story-30432752-detail/story.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:10pm On Jul 10, 2017
Humility017:

and you support the invitation of Dele?
why can't alloy agu scout for good goal keepers in the NPFL
or are there no good goal keepers ?
he keep facilitating the invitation of ezenwa not even guaranteed a starting barth for FC Ifeanyiuba

And you think you know better than Alloy Agu whose job is at stake if his selection goes wrong?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:10pm On Jul 10, 2017
Not entirely Official "yet" but deal is most likely to be sealed this week.

Iheanacho reported to Training with Man City earlier today I am informed. But I hear speculations of a medical already done or so.... not too sure about that.

But Nacho to Leicester is the next move on the cards this transfer window..... Can't wait for both parties to make it official biko.

Greetings Chief Icon4s. smiley

Icon4s:

Iheanacho to Leicester.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:16pm On Jul 10, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Not entirely Official "yet" but deal is most likely to be sealed this week.

Iheanacho reported to Training with Man City earlier today I am informed. But I hear speculations of a medical already done or so.... not too sure about that.

But Nacho to Leicester is the next move on the cards this transfer window..... Can't wait for both parties to make it official biko.

Greetings Chief Icon4s. smiley

Greetings to you too my brother it was the guy that posted "it is official" that I was helping to complete the sentence o.

Anyways Leicester would be a fantastic move for the lad. Let's see how things work out in the coming hours.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:17pm On Jul 10, 2017
Ahmed Musa Dumps Number 7 Jersey, Picks Up New Shirt Number At Leicester City

If training pictures picked up by Owngoalnigeria.com is anything to by Leicester City Nigerian forward Ahmed Musa appears to have dropped the number 7 shirt at the club.

Musa picked up the number 7 shirt after his big money move from Russian side CSKA Moscow. A shirt number that happens to be his favourite number due to his idol Cristiano Ronaldo.

The forward has been training in jersey number 13, a shirt number which was worn by Ghanaian midfielder Daniel Amartey last season, who appears to have settled for the vacant jersey number 18 shirt.

Linked with a move away from the King Power Stadium, the forward is among the players been put through their paces by manager Craig Shakespeare in their training camp in Austria.

His fellow Nigeria national team colleague Wilfred Ndidi is also back in training with the Foxes, with a third Nigerian in Kelechi Iheanacho also close to joining the duo at Leicester City from Manchester City.

**Michael James

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/07/10/ahmed-musa-dumps-number-7-jersey-picks-up-new-shirt-number-at-leicester-city/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:21pm On Jul 10, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Ahmed Musa Dumps Number 7 Jersey, Picks Up New Shirt Number At Leicester City

If training pictures picked up by Owngoalnigeria.com is anything to by Leicester City Nigerian forward Ahmed Musa appears to have dropped the number 7 shirt at the club.

Musa picked up the number 7 shirt after his big money move from Russian side CSKA Moscow. A shirt number that happens to be his favourite number due to his idol Cristiano Ronaldo.

The forward has been training in jersey number 13, a shirt number which was worn by Ghanaian midfielder Daniel Amartey last season, who appears to have settled for the vacant jersey number 18 shirt.

Linked with a move away from the King Power Stadium, the forward is among the players been put through their paces by manager Craig Shakespeare in their training camp in Austria.

His fellow Nigeria national team colleague Wilfred Ndidi is also back in training with the Foxes, with a third Nigerian in Kelechi Iheanacho also close to joining the duo at Leicester City from Manchester City.

**Michael James

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/07/10/ahmed-musa-dumps-number-7-jersey-picks-up-new-shirt-number-at-leicester-city/

So how would that help his career?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:26pm On Jul 10, 2017
Exclusive – Anthony Ujah Close In On Bundesliga Return, Agrees Terms With Hannover 96

Anthony Ujah has agreed a deal in principle to join newly promoted Bundesliga side Hannover 96, one year after moving to Chinese side Liaoning Kaixin from Werder Bremen.

26 year old Ujah has so far scored ten goals in the 28 league games he has played in the Chinese Super League, a far cry from his tally in the Bundesliga where he scored double digit goals in all but one of the seasons he spent in Germany.

His move to Hannover 96 is yet to be sanctioned by his Chinese side who are holding out for a fee in the region of something close to the 13 million euros they paid for him just over a year ago.

However manager of Hannover 96 Horst Heldt is confident an agreement will be reached with Liaoning in the coming days as the player has already made it clear that he wants to return to Germany.

**Daniel Martins

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/07/10/exclusive-anthony-ujah-close-in-on-bundesliga-return-agrees-terms-with-hannover-96/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1199) (1200) (1201) (1202) (1203) (1204) (1205) ... (16527) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: immobilare(m), Subzerooo, Bazkanova and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.