Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,865 members, 7,915,484 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 03:06 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14053) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12216715 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14050) (14051) (14052) (14053) (14054) (14055) (14056) ... (16499) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:11am On Dec 23, 2022
Naija lads in action across Europe: Wednesday, December 22

Babajide David Akintola played 120mins and Scored for Adana Demirspor in their 4-3 loss to Rizespor A.E.T. in the Turkish Cup Round 5.

Henry Onyekuru also was in action for 120mins.

Francis Uzoho played all 90 and kept a Cleansheet in Omonia Nicosia's 2-0 league win over Apollon Limassol in the Cypriot Prothatlima Cyta Matchday 16. His side is up to 5th on the table.

It was Uzoho's 5th cleansheet across 15 games played in all competitions in 22/23.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 1:36am On Dec 23, 2022
charlesemeka85:
if you flush them out at once na u go come play abi?

Leave this ur capping. I agree that certain players in the current super eagles set up needs to be eased out but that should not be swift if we don’t hv enough talents to replace them

I agree that players like etebo and balogun needs to be dropped but u adding chukwueze to the list is uncalled for

You can’t mention top 4 super eagles wingers doing well in top leagues in europe without mentioning chukwueze

Explain doing well to me because so far so good none are doing well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 1:39am On Dec 23, 2022
charlesemeka85:
musiala and co are they playing youth team football?

I hv nothing against blooding in young players to the currently super eagles but my point is that Eletu hv to first break into Milan’s first team to attract a call up to the super eagles

Starting with the u20 isn’t bad and doing well in that stage will propel inclusion to the super eagles

Youth team football is different to men’s football

Yusuf and tella to me is a big yes but Eletu still hv a lot to do to be integrated to the super eagles set up

No be because say em Dey do well for Milan’s primavera team go warrant a call up

Obafemi martins tore the Italian primavera league to shreds with goals and superb performances in the colors of inter Milan but only got a chance in the super eagles immediately he was promoted to inter’s first team

Chukwueze also did well with villarael’s youth team first and got promoted to the snr team before he got a look in to the super eagles

Story upon capping upon capping aside the 2015 u-17 which will still have till today and it’s clearly not working. Which young player have we fully integrated into super E

Invites and forget doesn’t count
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 1:46am On Dec 23, 2022
typicalgamer:

Story upon capping upon capping aside the 2015 u-17 which will still have till today and it’s clearly not working. Which young player have we fully integrated into super E

Super Eagles players fell down from heaven! Did you read the rubbish you wrote? How old were Iwobi, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Dennis, Chukweze, Awaziem, Aina, Sanusi, Bassey, Onyedika, Onyeka Simon, four years ago?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:51am On Dec 23, 2022
Leave JP matter…

daveP:

grin grin

Our Coach dey enjoy himself for Qatar since. I no see any of his so called Local Assistants. Abi na only him wan study Modern style of football?

Anyway, Usa should watch out. grin

Dem never see us coming.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:53am On Dec 23, 2022
JP no value himself.

elyte89:

Dey wan frustrate dis man ,dis present nff board and our sport minister no like dis coach,Dey want him to go ,so Dey can give a local coach d job
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:58am On Dec 23, 2022
grin Mujtahida say he get faith. Faith for these kind things…

Odunayaw:
And we'd be here dreaming of Tiki-taka and AFCON trophy and WC semi final

De play, jus de play
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 7:59am On Dec 23, 2022
Marjoribanks:
Super Eagles players fell down from heaven! Did you read the rubbish you wrote? How old were Iwobi, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Dennis, Chukweze, Awaziem, Aina, Sanusi, Bassey, Onyedika, Onyeka Simon, four years ago?

Try and read with your eyes and brain first before using your fingers

That’s now the point my point is that no matter how good you’re there’s no way a player age 18 or 19 can be a regular in super E why is that

Must you be old before you’ll be rated as a capable player ??

We have so many young bloods who are hungry but no remain with the same seeds those guys aren’t hungry at all they know that no matter what they’ll still be called

I need a coach that can give everyone a
Reality check

These players aren’t held accountable enough
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:03am On Dec 23, 2022
Marjoribanks:

How old is Gavi, pedri, Bellingham, musiala, goncalo Ramos, saka, tchouameni, Enzo fenandez

If super eagles had all of these player’s if you no 25+ you no go make senior team just imagine the nonsense
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:15am On Dec 23, 2022
typicalgamer:

How old is Gavi, pedri, Bellingham, musiala, goncalo Ramos, saka, tchouameni, Enzo fenandez

If super eagles had all of these player’s if you no 25+ you no go make senior team just imagine the nonsense
stoping capping for posting sake. Reason before you type and post. The young stars you are advocating to be blooded to the super eagles how many are as good as gavi,bellingham,musiala and pedri? Or I will ask how many are playing at the level gavi and pedri are playing currently?

Drop ur fone go do house chores before u go collect from your mumsy hand this morning

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:19am On Dec 23, 2022
typicalgamer:

after doing your house chores I will appreciate if you can list the 17-20 year olds you believe are ripe enough and doing well in main stream european leagues who deserve to be in the current super eagles set up super eagles

Yusuf and onyedika should be excluded from your list because we are all aware of their talent and I believe they will get their chance in no distant time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:23am On Dec 23, 2022
typicalgamer:

and pls name those young players who you believe they deserve a chance in the super eagles. The age bracket should be 17-21 and exclude Yusuf and onyedika from your list
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:23am On Dec 23, 2022
charlesemeka85:
after doing your house chores I will appreciate if you can list the 17-20 year olds you believe are ripe enough and doing well in main stream european leagues who deserve to be in the current super eagles set up super eagles

Yusuf and onyedika should be excluded from your list because we are all aware of their talent and I believe they will get their chance in no distant time

What abt nwakali grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:30am On Dec 23, 2022
elyte89:

What abt nwakali grin grin
you wan fight abi? cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:43am On Dec 23, 2022
charlesemeka85:
stoping capping for posting sake. Reason before you type and post. The young stars you are advocating to be blooded to the super eagles how many are as good as gavi,bellingham,musiala and pedri? Or I will ask how many are playing at the level gavi and pedri are playing currently?

Drop ur fone go do house chores before u go collect from your mumsy hand this morning

Mumsi don even seize my phone self embarassed embarassed

How many have you seen play ?

That’s the backwards mentality you illiterates have if he’s not above 50 he can’t rule a country
If he’s not above 30 he can’t play for SE

I’m so glad power no they your hand sha

So you’ll just be a bitter old man baby living na d crying in your mommas basement

Kick sticking up for average joes

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:46am On Dec 23, 2022
charlesemeka85:
and pls name those young players who you believe they deserve a chance in the super eagles. The age bracket should be 17-21 and exclude Yusuf and onyedika from your list

This is where you’re wrong dead wrong

I’m not advocating for the entire team to be made up of teens if you start one or two what’s terrible in that ??

If person like you had your way you for don even call ighalo come back

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:54am On Dec 23, 2022
typicalgamer:

Mumsi don even seize my phone self embarassed embarassed

How many have you seen play ?

That’s the backwards mentality you illiterates have if he’s not above 50 he can’t rule a country
If he’s not above 30 he can’t play for SE

I’m so glad power no they your hand sha

So you’ll just be a bitter old man baby living na d crying in your mommas basement

Kick sticking up for average joes
oga leave politics aside and compile the list of young players you believe hv done enough in mainstream European leagues that deserve a chance in the super eagles team

Stop wailing, I am patiently waiting for your list cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:57am On Dec 23, 2022
typicalgamer:

I’m not advocating for the entire team to be made up of teens if you start one or two what’s terrible in that ??

and I never said you insinuated that. You are advocating for young players to be given a chance and I said you should list the name of those you believe are worthy of such opportunity doing well in mainstream European leagues

Do the needful and back up what you are advocating for cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:58am On Dec 23, 2022
charlesemeka85:
oga leave politics aside and compile the list of young players you believe hv done enough in mainstream European leagues that deserve a chance in the super eagles team

Presently our team is even full of young players ,so I don’t knw where baba is coming from,dts even if we re not d youngest senior national team in Africa sef

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:06am On Dec 23, 2022
elyte89:

Presently our team is even full of young players ,so I don’t knw where baba is coming from,dts even if we re not d youngest senior national team in Africa sef
leave mk em Dey cap Dey run circles as well

Person wey see wetin em dey post here go think say we hv 18-21 year olds doing well in the epl,laliga,Dutch league,bundesliga,seria A,laliga,French ligue 1 but were all ignored because of their young age cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:16am On Dec 23, 2022
typicalgamer:

how far? I still dey wait ooo grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 9:16am On Dec 23, 2022
Update: NFF Denies Bidding To Host The AFCON With Benin

According to a report by The Guardian, the NFF’s first Vice-President, Felix Anyansi-Agwu has put the talks of bidding to host the next AFCON tournament to bed.

“I am not aware of such a bid by Nigeria. In fact, I am just hearing this information for the first time,” Anyansi-Agwu said.

“I don’t think such an arrangement is in progress. I don’t know anything about the AFCON bid.”

#NPFLUpdate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:21am On Dec 23, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:30am On Dec 23, 2022
Breaking: Onana retires from the NT of Cameroun

This is obviously linked to the palava he had with Rigobert Song that led to him being dropped at the WC.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:35am On Dec 23, 2022
Lalar27:

Guy let me tell you the fact chukwueze don’t have anything to offer again as far as his career is concerned. I know his Igbo brothers will want to defend him badly but the truth is that the boy is finished and he don’t deserve to be called to the national team again period
Your tribal statement renders all your points invalid already. I'm a Yoruba FYI and I dare say Chukwueze is one of our best wingers. He still has a lot to offer.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:15am On Dec 23, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

This is obviously linked to the palava he had with Rigobert Song that led to him being dropped at the WC.

Make Nigeria loan am grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 11:19am On Dec 23, 2022
charlesemeka85:

This is where your -97 iq ends Europe !!!
So you have to be playing in Europe to be considered capable for SUPER E. ?

When most current super E players are high budget NPFL players

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 11:22am On Dec 23, 2022
mostob:
Your tribal statement renders all your points invalid already. I'm a Yoruba FYI and I dare say Chukwueze is one of our best wingers. He still has a lot to offer.

You guys are so fxcking backwards and it’s freaking annoying

3 years ago chukwueze was top10 young wingers on the planet but he’s been plague with so many injuries and bad spells
That he’s no longer even a regular in his own freaking team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 11:23am On Dec 23, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

This Hot blood just carry free Jersey go give who’s next in line
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 11:25am On Dec 23, 2022
Alfryd:
Update: NFF Denies Bidding To Host The AFCON With Benin

According to a report by The Guardian, the NFF’s first Vice-President, Felix Anyansi-Agwu has put the talks of bidding to host the next AFCON tournament to bed.

“I am not aware of such a bid by Nigeria. In fact, I am just hearing this information for the first time,” Anyansi-Agwu said.

“I don’t think such an arrangement is in progress. I don’t know anything about the AFCON bid.”

#NPFLUpdate
Some people here think say we fit host afcon lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 11:29am On Dec 23, 2022
elyte89:

I can see common sense is not very common

We have the youngest team on Africa?
That’s on paper sir
So you’re telling 100% of our boys those are their real age
And you’re not putting into consideration 4years for the next World Cup !!

And their natural decline which all super eagle players does

Omo we go suffer tay with people like you in the country

(1) (2) (3) ... (14050) (14051) (14052) (14053) (14054) (14055) (14056) ... (16499) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, etebefia and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.