Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,350 members, 7,937,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:11 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12355552 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16459) (16460) (16461) (16462) (16463) (16464) (16465) ... (16577) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 6:03pm On Jul 27
My brother, I tire for those guys!
jihday:
that Doherty of teamnigeria is too dull, he dey behave like person wey no dey use him brain
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 6:09pm On Jul 27
Na me first talk that Siasia talk. lol!

Balance ke! Your name never enter list ooo talk of being selected! lol!

Tom Saintfiet/Éric Chelle soon!
elyte89:

Bro leave oma alone ,aw far shey nff don choose me cos my lawyer mujtahida dey call me for his balance!

Meanwhile , as an insider, someone here said we re waiting for siasia ban to end in July ,so he can take d job in august…shey na true?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 6:10pm On Jul 27
@TheSupernerd!!!!! lol!!! 10 men...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:29pm On Jul 27
Marjoribanks:

Ok …so d job is btw tom saintfiet / Eric chelle 😊
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:43pm On Jul 27
safarigirl:
Just came here to write that it is a eonfer how that Oma Akatugba fellow has managed to be an objectively successful sports journalist with how unprofessional he is.

He allows his bias cloud common sense, and intentionally obfuscates issues where matters concern his interests. This campaign of calumny he has started against Mikel, for basically saying a generally parroted perception in African nations, has once again reminded me of how much of a bottom barrel person he is.

The one he did against Nwabali in a bid to prop up Maduka was vile and nasty, and he has come back again to attack Mikel for no other reason than his refusal to entertain whatever silly questions he planned to ask him in all those his low intelligence interviews.

This is someone that is clearly more interested in his own self importance than the actual job of journalism, which is why I wonder at his ability to make a career out of it.
that Oma guy na tozo. The guy sabi misyarn no be small 🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 7:08pm On Jul 27
lovewins:

Not surprising really. Fortune favours the bold and you can't fault Oma for many things, being timid isn't one of them. He's that person who will take an unpopular, sometimes ridiculous position yes stand boldly by it. Also when he gets his emotions out of the way he's quite good at his job.

Like you said his reaction his personal. He's opined publicly severally that his son will prioritise Germany over Nigeria. Don't think he's doing this because of anybody, he's doing this because of his son.

I remember Oma's colleagues on Top radio back then always asking and wondering why Oma loved to be controversial as well as so engaging on his Twitter back then. I think it was Charles Anazodo who asked him this on the sport gang programme. The others found it funny that they can't just do what he does with people who they didn't know personally , and aren't any sport authority but social media critics. It was a very casual banter that day that lasted about 10 minutes on the program. In Oma's defense he made it known that he was up to it, his opinion were his , and he was fully aware of his mindset regarding such engagement that resulted into insults and abuses. So at that point I understood it was Oma just being Oma.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:19pm On Jul 27
elyte89:

Bro leave oma alone ,aw far shey nff don choose me cos my lawyer mujtahida dey call me for his balance!

Meanwhile , as an insider, someone here said we re waiting for siasia ban to end in July ,so he can take d job in august…shey na true?
Balance ke? I never receive the first tranche of payment oo. 😂😂😂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:25pm On Jul 27
safarigirl:

I didn't want to bring in his family into this, but this is exactly what I think.

He is fighting the battles his son will have to fight at some point, ahead of time. Which is ridiculous, because he's doing it all wrong.

He comes off as fiercely anti-Nigerian, one of those self-hating negroes. And his continued attacks on homegrown talents is so uncalled for. Anyway, he should make sure that if Germany never calls up his son, they should not bring what is left of the career to Nigeria, like Mikel said.
No be if him son get talent?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SamueItem337(m): 7:25pm On Jul 27
EXCLUSIVE: Shola Shoretire on the verge of joining PAOK after leaving Man United!

Shoretire didn’t sign new deal at United and he’s now available as free agent… and he’s said yes to PAOK.

Details to be finalized and travel scheduled next week for Shoretire to join Greek club.

Unexpected transfer, this one!

Fabrizo Romano
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:27pm On Jul 27
Marjoribanks:

Please off the Mic. We are coming to see you Monday morning with an envelope.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:31pm On Jul 27
Oma is just a petty, bitter person. Says he's attacking Mikel's fake patriotism. Well, Mikel has paid his dues with unquestionable patriotic zeal.

You don't expect Mikel to say Africa should be a second option even if in reality (Oma's angle), it may be for many fb. Mikel is extolling African countries. And that's fair enough.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:34pm On Jul 27
Any time I come here to discuss serious matters, this elyte89 will derail me with something funny.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:44pm On Jul 27
Thunder faya that Moroccan coach. What nonsense. Beat Argentina yet can't beat 10-man Ukraine?? They should go home abeg

Marjoribanks:
@TheSupernerd!!!!! lol!!! 10 men...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 7:58pm On Jul 27
Mujtahida:
Any time I come here to discuss serious matters, this elyte89 will derail me with something funny.
Our coachee 😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:59pm On Jul 27
Mujtahida:
E never even pay his legal fee.. grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:03pm On Jul 27
Mujtahida:
Shebi I don advise mk u and ur client go hustle Tonga coaching job una no gree 😏🤦‍♀️

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 8:26pm On Jul 27
haaaaahhaaa! But you just dey praise am few days ago!! lollll!! I am so happyyy!!!

Nevertheless, I still believe they would qualify. They would beat Iraq!
TheSuperNerd:
Thunder faya that Moroccan coach. What nonsense. Beat Argentina yet can't beat 10-man Ukraine?? They should go home abeg

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 8:28pm On Jul 27
Of course!! NFF is waiting on the Sport Ministry for the go-ahead--salarywise.
elyte89:

Ok …so d job is btw tom saintfiet / Eric chelle 😊
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 8:29pm On Jul 27
Marjoribanks:
haaaaahhaaa! But you just dey praise am few days ago!! lollll!! I am so happyyy!!!

Nevertheless, I still believe they would qualify. They would beat Iraq!
Lol, Iraq no small o 😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 8:29pm On Jul 27
lol!! You don jam client!!! lol!
Mujtahida:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 8:29pm On Jul 27
andrewbaba44:
May his soul Rest In Peace

If not for one thing I would have swear for him for giving that fraud bald shola ameobi a World Cup dream

Mikel Obi is spot on

Imagine Ameobi and Uche nwofor got picked ahead of ikechukwu Uche who had an amazing season , amongst the highest goal scorer in the AFCON qualifier games and 14 goals for the Villarreal , and yet he got dropped. Wasters like Agbim, Juwon oshaniwa, kunle Odulami, Ruben Gabriel, uchebo, Uche nwofor got picked!!! Mhennn, that 2014 World Cup was a circus show.

Keshi did a lot of wrong and the Uche brothers were treated unfairly.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 8:30pm On Jul 27
Hmmm! Word!
BankyGee:

Lol, Iraq no small o 😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 8:32pm On Jul 27
haaa! lol!! Envelop ke when account number dey! You peeps serious like this? lol!
Mujtahida:

Please off the Mic. We are coming to see you Monday morning with an envelope.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:32pm On Jul 27
Marjoribanks:
Of course!! NFF is waiting on the Sport Ministry for the go-ahead--salarywise.

Neither of them fits the profile of what this team needs.. Saintfeit might have made Gambia look decent, but his CV isn't that impressive.. serial journeyman... 24 teams coached in 27 years.... the NFF have this mad love for serial journeymen foreign coaches..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:32pm On Jul 27
France vs Guinea be like wey person dey watch afcon qualifiers 🤦‍♀️

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:33pm On Jul 27
TheLoneCitizen:
Iheanacho's next club is more interesting than Victor Osimhen's in my opinion.

Iheanacho to Sevilla. Wow!!!

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:34pm On Jul 27
Joezinho:

Imagine Ameobi and Uche nwofor got picked ahead of ikechukwu Uche who had an amazing season , highest goal scorer in the World Cup qualifier games and 14 goals for the Villarreal , and yet he got dropped. Wasters like Agbim, Juwon oshaniwa, kunle Odulami, Ruben Gabriel, uchebo, Uche nwofor got picked!!! Mhennn, that 2014 World Cup was a circus show.

Keshi did a lot of wrong and the Uche brothers were treated unfairly.
also I think Martins did well in Laliga that season too with Levante but wasn’t picked 🤔

Haruna Lukman and Taiwo also balled that season for Dynamo Kiev

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:35pm On Jul 27
TheLoneCitizen:

thought Villa and Ipswich were serious to get him?😳
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 8:35pm On Jul 27
It is what it is my brother! Even Chelsea employed fraudiola!!
Danielnino00:

Neither of them fits the profile of what this team needs.. Saintfeit might have made Gambia look decent, but his CV isn't that impressive.. serial journeyman... 24 teams coached in 27 years.... the NFF have this mad love for serial journeymen foreign coaches..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 8:36pm On Jul 27
He should be grateful to Ejuke! His pre-season performances made this happen!
TheLoneCitizen:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:40pm On Jul 27
⚪️ Excl | Kelechi Iheanacho is on the verge to join @SevillaFC ✔️

Verbal agreement is done. The 27 y/o former striker from Leicester will sign as a free agent. Arrival and medical scheduled for Tuesday/Wednesday.

@SkySportDE 🇳🇬

😳
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SamueItem337(m): 8:41pm On Jul 27
TheLoneCitizen:

That's the interesting move?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16459) (16460) (16461) (16462) (16463) (16464) (16465) ... (16577) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lovewins, Franktom247(m), ThanosKilla(m), Philosopher1979, bennie1980(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.