Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,358 members, 7,888,141 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:19 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1787) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12067434 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1784) (1785) (1786) (1787) (1788) (1789) (1790) ... (16431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:32pm On Oct 12, 2017
terzurum5:

So you prefer Daniel Akpeyi to Okechkwu Ezenwa?
Ok continue

I don't even wan see two of them but I go fit manage any of them sha. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:39pm On Oct 12, 2017
jotey:
(Photo Confirmation) Nigerian RB In Line To
Make Champions League Debut Vs Chelsea

Promising Nigerian right-back Nura
Abdullahi may travel with the Roma squad
for their Champions League meeting with
Chelsea at Stamford Bridge next
Wednesday, October 18.

The Football College Abuja product was
sighted training with the Giallorossi first-
teamers on Thursday morning, fueling
speculation that he may travel with the
Italian club to the English capital next
week.

Abdullahi only resumed training with the
capital outfit this week as he had been
undergoing rehabilitation after suffering an
injury to his right leg in August.

Roma coach Eusebio Di Francesco rates
the youngster highly, so much so that he
has included the defender in his
Champions League roster and on the List
A for that matter.

Towards the end of September, Abdullahi
signed a contract extension, tying him to
Roma until June 30, 2021.

He was named on the bench for Roma's
opening game in the Serie A against
Atalanta on August 20.

**Igho Kingsley

**Photo Credit : asroma.com

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24988

If this guy see game for Roma this season I go commot somebody from that list.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 12, 2017
We all know there will be one surprise dark horse to make the world cup team. WHO WILL IT BE ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:39pm On Oct 12, 2017
Kog45:
My man u relayed d match live and God bless u.

I want Rohr to use d match as a case study for his boys,we lost that match due to a lot of factors,i w never say conspiracy coz we have seen other Africa countries progressed to quarter final and Ghana even had d opportunity to reach semi final

A lot of things happened in eagles camp before Italy match and Mutiu Adepoju should able to tell u much,this is one of d reason am happy for d unity in this present team.

Prior to that match there was a serious brawl between Siasia and Olishe,this made Westerhoff to axe Siasia from d team list and brought in Okocha.After injury to Daniel Amokachie,naturally Samson Siasia should have replaced him and d rhythm of d game w continue coz Italy were under pressure.

We had d game under our control till d tail end but Olishe messed up instead of simple clearance,Olishe decided to win d ball and lost it,this resulted to Italy equaliser.

The penalty given to Italy was disheartening coz Eguavoen just act ignorantly and got punished for it,is a match i hate to remember,winning that match was straight to d final.

Oh Emenalo pass to Yekini,just simple tap in would have done it but Yekini messed it up.One of d worst outing for Yekini in eagles even i w say US 94 his worst outing.

We lost d match due to lack of WC experience and it was glaring we have d best team in d world after Brazil, rating d best entertaining team in d world and 5th best in d world.

Hope this young team w supercede this great performance,they have everything at their disposal to achieve it,depends on d coaching crew ability to approach every game tactically.
Vintage Kog45 with a blast from the past. Respect man.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:43pm On Oct 12, 2017
forgiveness:

I just realized that this guy is going to the world Cup based on the German connection. He's good though. grin
Why are you always insinuating things forgiveness. At least wait until the list is out and then you can - if you must - say such.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:48pm On Oct 12, 2017
Mujtahida:

Why are you always insinuating things forgiveness. At least wait until the list is out and then you can - if you must - say such.

Bros, this boy if fit is good enough to be included on the list. grin

He's even playing in the Bundusliga. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:53pm On Oct 12, 2017
forgiveness:

Bros, this boy if fit is good enough to be included on the list. grin

He's even playing in the Bundusliga. grin
I had the impression that you were insinuating some nepotism when you mentioned the German connection. Glad I am wrong. But did you notice that the headline has nothing to do with the body of the article? Those guys are spin doctors. I always take their news with a mudu of salt.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:57pm On Oct 12, 2017
jotey:
Ex England Manager
Hodgson Tried Stopping
Iwobi At The Airport Ahead
Debut For Nigeria

Former manager of the senior national team of
England Roy Hodgson tried his best to stop
Nigeria World Cup 2018 Qualifiers hero Alex
Iwobi from making his professional debut for
Nigeria last year.

Iwobi made his competitive bow for Nigeria in
their AFCON 2017 Qualifiers against Egypt in
Kaduna, and that effectively ruled him out of
the grasp of England, the team he represented
at youth level.

Hodgson according to Calvin Emeka Onwuka
called the Arsenal forward while he was on his
way to the airport for the qualifiers against
Egypt to persuade him not to play for Nigeria.

” While Iwobi was on his way to the airport for
that qualifier against Egypt. Roy Hodgson was
on the phone to him not to go. That’s the kind”,
the London based publisher of aclsports.com
wrote on twitter.

The Arsenal forward stood his ground and
travelled to Nigeria, where he made his debut
and since then have grown into one of the
senior players of the World Cup bound Nigeria
senior national team.

Osas Mahawi

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/12/ex-england-manager-hodgson-tried-stopping-iwobi-at-the-airport-ahead-debut-for-nigeria/

Up to the last minute, they tried to prevent Iwobi from playing for Nigeria. This should give you an idea of the pressure that Tammy must be under.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Naijaphobia(m): 5:58pm On Oct 12, 2017
My 23 man list that will conquer the world no doubt.

GK

1. Carl Ikpeme/Vincent Enyeama(On availability)
2. Ikechukwu Ezenwa
3, Dele Ajiboye

DF

4. Leon Balogun
5, Elderson Echiejile
6, Troost Ekong
7, Awazeim
8, Shehu Abdullahi
9. Ola Aina
10. Tiago Ilori

MF

11. Mikel Obi
12. Abduljeleel Ajagun
13. Onazi Ogenyi
14. Wilfred Ndidi
15. John Ogu
16. Azubuike Okechukwu

Attack

17. Alex-iwobi
18. Henry Onyekuru
19. Odion Ighalo
20. Victor Moses
21. Simon Moses
22. Kelechi Iheanacho
23.Kayode Olanrewaju

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:01pm On Oct 12, 2017
Mujtahida:

I had the impression that you were insinuating some nepotism when you mentioned the German connection. Glad I am wrong. But did you notice that the headline has nothing to do with the body of the article? Those guys are spin doctors. I always take their news with a mudu of salt.

Wrong impression. grin

Hmmmmm! I didn't notice.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:03pm On Oct 12, 2017
Naijaphobia:

GK

2. Ikechukwu Ezenwa
3, Dele Ajiboye

DF

4. Leon Balogun
5, Elderson Echiejile
6, Troost Ekong
7, Awazeim
8, Shehu Abdullahi
9. Ola Aina
10. Tiago Ilori

MF

11. Mikel Obi
12. Abduljeleel Ajagun
13. Onazi Ogenyi
14. Wilfred Ndidi
15. John Ogu
16. Azubuike Okechukwu

Attack

17. Alex-iwobi
18. Henry Onyekuru
19. Odion Ighalo
20. Victor Moses
21. Simon Moses
22. Kelechi Iheanacho
23.Kayode Olanrewaju

Are you forgiveness in disguise? Lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:11pm On Oct 12, 2017
forgiveness:

Wow! You just took the bull by the horn by listing the 14 players that should be considered in the team list and listing players that must fight the remaining slots.

However, there are some players you didn't include on your list.

Players like Joel Obi, Onyekuru, Abdul Ajagun, Dennis Bonaventure, Cyriel Dessers, Peter Olayinka, Taiwo Awoniyi, Josh Onomah and Brain Idowu.

And I think Joel Obi should be added to your 14 man list.

Please, forget Nosa Igbiebor, Aaron Samuel and Kenneth Omeruo.

My 14 man list are sure bankers for WC but d remaining are to fight for d 9 slots including potential gatecrasher like Joel Obi,Oyekwuru, Abdul Ajagun,Taiwo Awoniyi who happen to be my boy i can even call him my son,Josh Onomah,Brain Idowu.

Oh Joel Obi very good player but i hope he is injury free so that he can fight for a place in d team and there is no way he w be in 14 man list coz 14 man list was based on performance and strong bench,this made player like Aina to be on d list coz he can complement both full backs

On Nosa Igiebior,if u check my list very well,i try to accommodate all players Rohr and his technical team have used so far,that's why I gave him 10/90 chances of making it which is not possible.

Even Aron Samuel too,i don't expect him to be in d team but only Rohr can explain,his club form presently damn terrible.

Oh Kenneth Omeruo i still rate him highly coz Awaziem still need to prove to me he is ready,though good performance so far in his club but no matter what i w rather take Omeruo instead of Agbo Uche.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:22pm On Oct 12, 2017
Naijaphobia:

GK

2. Ikechukwu Ezenwa
3, Dele Ajiboye

DF

4. Leon Balogun
5, Elderson Echiejile
6, Troost Ekong
7, Awazeim
8, Shehu Abdullahi
9. Ola Aina
10. Tiago Ilori

MF

11. Mikel Obi
12. Abduljeleel Ajagun
13. Onazi Ogenyi
14. Wilfred Ndidi
15. John Ogu
16. Azubuike Okechukwu

Attack

17. Alex-iwobi
18. Henry Onyekuru
19. Odion Ighalo
20. Victor Moses
21. Simon Moses
22. Kelechi Iheanacho
23.Kayode Olanrewaju
Pls can u explain why Dele Ajiboye made your list at d expense of Daniel Akpeyi and Dele Alampasu.

Also Tiago Ilori inclusion, and Ajagun too.pls explain why Azubuike on your list,Oyekwuru also and Kayode inclusion.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Naijaphobia(m): 6:22pm On Oct 12, 2017
Any need for your suspicion?

tbaba1234:

Are you forgiveness in disguise? Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:23pm On Oct 12, 2017
Naijaphobia:
Any need for your suspicion?

The names on the list, Ilori and Ajagun.. I was joking though..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 6:37pm On Oct 12, 2017
Barring any injuries, this list would be similar to what Rorh submits.
1. Enyeama 2. Ezenwa 3. Alampasu
DFS
4. Leon 5. Ekong 6. Awaziem 7. Omuero 8. Aina 9. Shehu 10. Echiejile 11.Ebuehi
MFS
12. Mikel 13. Ndidi 14. Onazi 15. Etebo 16. Esiti 17. Agu
FWS
18. Ighalo 19. Iheanacho 20. Iwobi 21. V Moses 22. S Moses 23. Dessers

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 6:39pm On Oct 12, 2017
I would like to suggest a 23-Man Squad for the World Cup solely based on personal observations.

Goalkeepers
;

(1) Dele Aiyenugba; I pick him as my first Choice Goalkeeper because he's currently with a Club, he's the Number 1 Goalkeeper for the Club, he's a good Penalty Saver, and he's the most experienced aside from Enyeama.

Sometimes it baffles me why Aiyenugba is being snubbed for the Call up. He's ready to heed the Call and I think he deserves to be tried.

I would have picked Enyeama first, but it's unfair to select him based on past Glory. Enyeama needs to get a Club in January and proves himself fit and ready for the World Cup.

Also, another Reason I couldn't choose Enyeama is simply for the Team's sake. Is he coming to dethrone Mikel as the Captain, or Dudes think Mikel could relinquish the Captaincy to him?!

(2) Ikechukwu Ezenwa; he's definitely gonna be an outstanding and reliable Deputy. I think he's a good Lad, he's ready to learn and he's really improving, and I believe he's the next to take over the No. 1 Position after the World Cup.

(3) Dele Alampasu; I pick the Rookie simply to understudy the Senior Colleagues for Future's sake.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Naijaphobia(m): 6:40pm On Oct 12, 2017
Please don't go the Akpeyi way, 80% of SE fans understand what I meant.Ajiboye was outstanding for Plateau united 2016/2017 NPFL season, he had represented both U17 and U20 national teams with little or no flaws and was outstanding in the single game he was in goal at WAFU.

You need to watch Tiago Ilori to see his ingenuity, he is a class any day. Ajagun right from is playing days and career movement has always been repelled by the bench. He is a play maker, with eye for passes and goals. Watch his performances in Greece, Holland and Belgium and you would have a rethink.

Azubuike with all objectivity can stroll into the Eagles midfield. Currently one of the best DM in turkey and his display at the Olympics merits him being in the fold but lack of quality agent that can plead his course is greatly working against him.In fact, inviting Agu ahead of Azubuike is an insult to football gods.

Everton may likely recall Onyekuru. Watch him closely and you see the 'henry' instinct in him. Skillful, fast and unplayable on his days.As for Kayode, please note that we need firepower in our attack. Among the strikers we have this boy seems unique. Kayode can operate from both wings and also top strike an attribute lacking in Iheanayo and Ighalo but also inherent in Oyekuru. We need players that are not easily pinned and are very mobile. Kayode and Onyekuru both can sub either V.Moses and S.Moses when the chips are down while operating as false 9 because they are both more of dynamic players.

You can as well make adjustment to the squad and try to justify. You are everly welcomed.

Kog45:
Pls can u explain why Dele Ajiboye made your list at d expense Daniel Akpeyi and Dele Alampasu.

Also Tiago Ilori inclusion, and Ajagun too.pls explain why Azubuike on your list,Oyekwuru also and Kayode inclusion.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 6:41pm On Oct 12, 2017
I'd like to see Onuachu, Esiti, Hope Akpan, Olayinka, Awoniyi play next year when we face Seychelles in the Afcon qualifiers nxt year.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:58pm On Oct 12, 2017
Naijaphobia:
Please don't go the Akpeyi way, 80% of SE fans understand what I meant.Ajiboye was outstanding for Plateau united 2016/2017 NPFL season, he had represented both U17 and U20 national teams with little or no flaws and was outstanding in the single game he was in goal at WAFU.

You need to watch Tiago Ilori to see his ingenuity, he is a class any day. Ajagun right from is playing days and career movement has always been repelled by the bench. He is a play maker, with eye for passes and goals. Watch his performances in Greece, Holland and Belgium and you would have a rethink.

Azubuike with all objectivity can stroll into the Eagles midfield. Currently one of the best DM in turkey and his display at the Olympics merits him being in the fold but lack of quality agent that can plead his course is greatly working against him.

Everton may likely recall Onyekuru. Watch him closely and you see the 'henry' instinct in him. Skillful, fast and unplayable on his days.

You can as well make adjustment to the squad and try to justify. You are everly welcomed.

Good to hear your view and beautiful explanation.

I rate Ajiboye highly coz what i saw of him against Guinea, he was so calm and highly confident,he distribute his ball on d ground with his legs and play with his defenders but I cannot use that match to judge him perfectly.

If Rohr can try it,i want to see him in goal against Algeria coz something is telling me d guy is better than Akpeyi and Ezenwa but we need to see him in a grade A match to determine his readiness.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 6:59pm On Oct 12, 2017
Defenders

(4) Shehu Abdullahi; I think he has booked his place in the Team as a reliable RB even though he plays as a CM for his Club.

(5) Leon Balogun; he's a reliable Defender, a solid Leader at the Back, a Fighter and very committed Player. He deserves it coz he truly earned it.

(6) Troust Ekong; he's more or less like Balogun. He's a fantastic Defender and he deservedly earned his Place on the List.

(7) Ederson Echiejile; I know some Dudes would be amazed with his Inclusion, but he really deserves to be on the List. In fact he deserves to be in the first XI. I believe he's gonna come good at the Tourney, however if he fails to pick up, there is a solid backup(s) on the Bench in waiting.

(8} Ola Aina; He's comfortable both as a RB and a LB. He's young and pacy, and wouldn't be surprised if he eventually displaces Echiejile in the first XI.

(9) Tyrone Ebuehi; I think he's yet to make his official Debut due to tactical Reason. He's not strong enough to cope with Africa Football, but technically he's really to serve as a RB and a LB backup respectively.

(10) Chigozie Awaziem; He's gonna be a good backup on the Bench, also it's an opportunity for him to gain exposure and learn from the Senior Colleagues.

(11) Uche Agbo; his case is similar to Awaziem. He's more experience than Awaziem at the Club level though, hence I think he's gonna be a reliable backup CB. He's technically gifted and his versatility is a Bonus to the Team.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:06pm On Oct 12, 2017
Naijaphobia:

Azubuike with all objectivity can stroll into the Eagles midfield. Currently one of the best DM in turkey and his display at the Olympics merits him being in the fold but lack of quality agent that can plead his course is greatly working against him.In fact, inviting Agu ahead of Azubuike is an insult to football gods.

Everton may likely recall Onyekuru. Watch him closely and you see the 'henry' instinct in him. Skillful, fast and unplayable on his days.As for Kayode, please note that we need firepower in our attack. Among the strikers we have this boys seems unique. Kayode can play from both wings and also top strike and attribute lacking in Iheanayo and Ighalo but also inherent in Oyekuru. We need players that are not easily pinned and are very mobile. Kayode and Onyekuru both can sub either V.Moses and S.Moses when the chips are down because they are both more of dynamic players.

A few exaggerations in this post.

Azubuike as good as i rate him is not currently one of the best Dms in Turkey. Agu has better stats than him in Turkey.
Tiago Ilori, we have options better than him like Iorfa. He does not fill me with confidence.
Ajagun is not a creative maestro.His passing stats are poor. Last season, he had only 2 assists and a 73% pass accuracy.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 7:15pm On Oct 12, 2017
Having seen the provisional 30-man squad list folks have been drawing up, I am also tempted to draw out mine. But had to refrain as so many things can occur between now and MAY 2018.
Players can experience dip in form, injury can set in and so many other factors.

Well, as we are still in the euphoria of qualifying for the world cup, I'll highlight the provisional team list of our last two outings i.e 2010 and 2014 respectively, as I will love us to compare the depth and qualities of players we've sent to the mundial in recent time with the present pool of players who are likely to make the list...

2010 WORLD CUP PROVISIONAL SQUAD
Goalkeepers:
Vincent Enyeama (Hapoel Tel Aviv, Israel),
Dele Aiyenugba (Bnei Yehuda, Israel),
Austin Ejide (Hapoel Petah Tikva, Israel),
Bassey Akpan (Bayelsa United, Nigeria)*.

Defenders:
Taye Taiwo (Olympique Marseille, France),
Elderson Echiejile (Rennes, France),
Chidi Odiah (CSKA Moscow, Russia),
Onyekachi Apam (OG Nice, France),
Joseph Yobo (Everton, England),
Daniel Shittu (Bolton Wanderers, England),
Ayodele Adeleye (Sparta Rotterdam, Netherlands)*,
Rabiu Afolabi (SV Salzburg, Austria),
Terna Suswan (Lobi Stars, Nigeria)*

Midfielders:
Chinedu Obasi (TSG Hoffenheim, Germany),
John Utaka (Portsmouth, England),
Brown Ideye (FC Sochaux, France)*,
Peter Utaka (Odense Boldklub, Denmark),*
Kalu Uche (Almeria, Spain),
Dickson Etuhu (Fulham, England),
Mikel Obi (Chelsea, England)*,
Sani Kaita (Alaniya, Russia),
Haruna Lukman (AS Monaco, France),
Yusuf Ayila (Dynamo Kiev, Ukraine),
Osaze Odemwingie (Lokomotiv Moscow, Russia)

Strikers:
Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Victor Anichebe (Everton, England),
Nwankwo Kanu,
Obafemi Martins (Wolfsburg, Germany),
Ikechukwu Uche (Real Zaragoza, Spain),*
Obinna Nsofor (Malaga, Spain)

2014 Super Eagles’ provisional list

Goalkeepers:
Vincent Enyeama
Austin Ejide
Chigozie Agbim
Daniel Akpeyi*

Defenders:
Echijile Elderson
Juwon Oshaniwa
Efe Ambrose
Godfrey Oboabona
Kenneth Omeruo
Azubuike Egwueke
Kunle Odunlami*
Jospeh Yobo

Midfielders
John Obi Mikel
Ogenyi Onazi
Reuben Gabriel.
Ejike Uzoenyi
Sunday Mba*
Joel Obi*
Nosa Igiebor
Michael Uchebo
Ramon Azeez

Strikers
Ahmed Musa
Shola Ameobi
Emmanuel Emenike
Obinna Nsofor*
Victor Moses
Osaze Odemwingie
Babatunde Michael
Uche Nwafor
Nnamdi Oduamadi*

Note: the * players were later dropped.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 7:19pm On Oct 12, 2017
The big question is this: will Enyeama heed Rohr’s appeals to come back to the team? Of course, the inclusion will also be based on whether he gets a club team in January.

If he doesn’t, I can’t see a plausible reason for Rohr to bring him to the World Cup party.

Moreover, we don’t know when Carl Ikeme will recover fully from his ailment. So, if he only recovers around 2 months to the tournament, it won’t be wise to also include him in the final 23.

That leaves us with a trio of Ezenwa, Alampasu, and Ajiboye. Ezenwa would obviously be the likely number 1 in Russia. However, if Ikeme fully recovers around January or February, he gets to join Ezenwa and Ajiboye.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:21pm On Oct 12, 2017
PDPGuy:
The big question is this: will Enyeama heed Rohr’s appeals to come back to the team? Of course, the inclusion will also be based on whether he gets a club team in January.

If he doesn’t, I can’t see a plausible reason for Rohr to bring him to the World Cup party.

Moreover, we don’t know when Carl Ikeme will recover fully from his ailment. So, if he only recovers around 2 months to the tournament, it won’t be wise to also include him in the final 23.

That leaves us with a trio of Ezenwa, Alampasu, and Ajiboye. Ezenwa would obviously be the likely number 1 in Russia. However, if Ikeme fully recovers around January or February, he gets to join Ezenwa and Ajiboye.

As long as Enyeama is fit and playing, he will rejoin the team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Naijaphobia(m): 7:23pm On Oct 12, 2017
My good friend, both Agu and Azubuike you have seen in the national colours. Abeg, who is better?

Agreed, there may be better options than Tiago Ilori but you can also safe us the trauma by suggesting names and let's put them through scrutiny.Reason I ended my submission with a parting shot that the list can be adjusted with justifications.

Bros, how come passing accuracy of 73% is seen as poor? I remember anytime I scored 73% in Ife back then I go enter Moz oh!

Anyway sha, its all my personal opinion and will entertain superior ones.

tbaba1234:

A few exaggerations in this post.

Azubuike as good as i rate him is not currently one of the best Dms in Turkey. Agu has better stats than him in Turkey.
Tiago Ilori, we have options better than him like Iorfa. He does not fill me with confidence.
Ajagun is not a creative maestro.His passing stats are poor. Last season, he had only 2 assists and a 73% pass accuracy.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:24pm On Oct 12, 2017
whatever the list looks like, abeg let Dessers, Aluko, and a striker that is Giroud-esque in nature be in the top 23. i still wana see a game that either Iwobi or Iheanacho play midfield roles.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:27pm On Oct 12, 2017
Mujtahida:

Is it Veron of Man United? He's Argentinian not French unless you mean Viera. Point taken though.

Raphael Varane was 18 when he started to play for Real Madrid and has been first choice CB even now 6 years later.

Already with near 40 caps for France he became a CB at Lens at the tender age of 16. For me arguably one of the best CB's in the world.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 7:32pm On Oct 12, 2017
tbaba1234:

As long as Enyeama is fit and playing, he will rejoin the team.
That’s if he joins a club.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:33pm On Oct 12, 2017
daveP:
whatever the list looks like, abeg let Dessers, Aluko, and a striker that is Giroud-esque in nature be in the top 23. i still wana see a game that either Iwobi or Iheanacho play midfield roles.

Giroud-esq not a good idea we need a fast strong striker with aerial dominance. My preference would be a Lukaku-esq.

How many of our strikers fit that description?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 7:36pm On Oct 12, 2017
Midfielders

(12) Mikel Obi; I wasn't a big Fan of Mikel, but I'm convinced he's a good for the Team right from the Olympic. He's the most successful Players in the Team, he's very experienced and ready to give all for the Team to succeed.

(13) Ogenyi Onazi; I do not have to do much talk on him. I just hope for an Onazi of the last World Cup before the Injury.

(14) Karo Etebo; His agility, pace and strength gonna be tactically useful in the World Cup against some Teams. I think he's definitely gonna be a good Addition to the List.

(15) Abdul-Jeleel Ajagun; He can play as pure No. 10 and as a SS. He has played 9 Games for his Club this Season with 2 Goals to his Name. He can also play as a CM or LW. I hope he's given a Shot to prove himself in the coming Games.

(16) Wilfred Ndidi; He's a proven Talent - no doubt about it. His versatility is also a Bonus to the Team. I hope he forms a reliable and formidable PIVOT with Onazi.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 7:47pm On Oct 12, 2017
Strikers

(17) Victor Moses

(18) Simon Moses

(19) Odion Ighalo

(20) Kelechi Iheanacho

(21) Kayode Olarewaju

(22) Ahmed Musa

(23) Alex Iwobi

I do not need to make an Epistle on each individual in the striking Role, coz we already know what each of them is capable of and 90% of them are most likely to make the List.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1784) (1785) (1786) (1787) (1788) (1789) (1790) ... (16431) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.