Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,237 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:55 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3817) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12062263 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3814) (3815) (3816) (3817) (3818) (3819) (3820) ... (16430) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 7:20pm On May 31, 2018
forgiveness:

How can you know when you have not seen others play?

Make we rest matter for now. After dust don settle ask me latter and I will give names of better players. Thanks
na you he ask? Or e be like say you be komek Cos I nor see reason why you say make he ask you after dust don settle.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:22pm On May 31, 2018
OMANBALA1:
Joebie, I like the first formation,except I will start Ighalo on the right frank and move VicMo to the left. You can't keep Ighalo on the bench ,he is too valuable
Plus Ighalo na which defence no go crack
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 7:24pm On May 31, 2018
fabyom:
An over-hyped Average team. If these guys beat us, I will quit this thread for life!

if its a competitive match , i would have taken you serious ...you way you get like 5monikers grin grin grin they will not want us to win too ... so lets expect a draw
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eterisan(m): 7:25pm On May 31, 2018
forgiveness:

How can you know when you have not seen others play?

Make we rest matter for now. After dust don settle ask me latter and I will give names of better players. Thanks
egbon why wait for dust to settle. Did you wait before you and komekn stunk up this place with your negative prejudice about nwakali. Simple question you both can't answer. It is like you both think you are smarter than everyone here.

I don't want to reveal private stuff about myself, but I can tell you that I am one of the best in what I do and as a trained teacher I definitely know how to structure questions and target a specific point.

If you and bros komekn cannot give us just a name of one Nigerian player, foreign born or Naija born who is a special talent midfielder who deserves to be called up at this moment to just train with the national team.... Then I am sorry to say you should keep quiet [no shut the phuck up]. Never ever you criticise nwakali's call up again since you have nothing better to present. Good luck to you.

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:26pm On May 31, 2018
Icon4s:

Firstly, let me clear the air on Onigbinde issue because that seems to be the only thing Mr Forgiveness has been pointing at and using to tag me a tribalist.

Anybody that can go back and dig up that particular comment should please do. I don't have enough time I would have dug it up myself. Or let forgiveness dig it up and post it here this moment.

What I said was that "the general opinion of people" then was that Onigbinde took Opabunmi and Adepoju (not even Ogbeche) to Korea/ Japan for tribal reasons.

I have said it here before that I was a sport writer in the late 90s but though I did less of it as at 2002. Onigbinde was interviewed by the Nigerian press on why he took both players to the WC. He said (quote me any where) that Adepoju(who he called his joker) and Opabunmi were his boys. The general public definitely will take that as tribal sentiment. And that was exactly how they saw it even in the Press Circles.

This very obvious incidence was what I pointed out and he tagged me as a tribalist!

In another post I highlighted the fact that he has remained till date the last coach from that part of country. This statement which is obvious truth and the one highlighted above are what he has been pointing to for the past 3 or 4 years.

Now, I know the thinking is that I hate Onigbinde because he is a Yoruba man.

But what if I tell you that High Chief Adegboyega Festus Onigbinde is my inlaw?

He and my wife are from Modakeke in Osun state, and not that alone they are from the same part of Modakeke that have a common ancestry!

Any body that thinks I have tribalism in my blood is definitely having a very false impression. I was born in Yoruba land, I had all my education including my first degree in Yoruba. I am married to a Yoruba woman and all my children bear Yoruba names not just at home but as their official names in school. My closest friends in life till today are Northerners(most of whom are even Muslims) followed by the Yorubas.

Now, one thing I can say is if I want to criticize some body I do so without considering his ethnicity or religious back ground. Same goes for when I want to praise someone. For eg I have said it here on countless occasions that Emmanuel Amuneke was my childhood friend and hero. When he won the U17 WC I praised him to high heavens but when he failed at U20 I dont think any one here criticised his team selection as much as I did.

Obefemi Martins, just like the Amunekes, was a boy I saw when he was growing up. He used to come watch us play at the White sand pitch at Orile-Iganmu, in Lagos. When we the older ones would leave the pitch they the younger ones then would take over.
Martins watched me play.
But when the clamor for his inclusion in this current team was taking place here did you see me join in? Because objectively speaking I knew he would not really make any difference at this point in his career.

And wait for the shocker, a member of the current Super Eagles team is a distant cousin from my mother's side. And yes I know it would be difficult to figure out that player because I have not been carrying any singular player's matter like gala on my head.

And now Mr Forgiveness, I have decided not to respond to any of those dirty jokes you throw at me (cos I see them as jokes), not because I am timid, not because I cannot speak for myself but because I don't want to rub myself on the mud. You purposely try to provoke me so I can join you on the floor right? But no because I don't take you serious. I don't even read most of your comments on here anymore because you have lost it completely.

I don't know you in person but if this is how you actually reason in life, then it is so so unfortunate. I will not ask you to stop throwing stinking things at me. If you like you continue. But just know that you have become a big distraction to this thread and I will continue to ignore you until you change your manner of approach here.

Very interesting snippets of personal information. Respect Sire.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:26pm On May 31, 2018
Read his level was ahead of his peers in training. 2021 U17 loading.

tbaba1234:
Lateef Omidiji with the Nigeria under 15
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:26pm On May 31, 2018
Mujtahida:
As if Ighalo na Ronaldo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 31, 2018
Own goal is reporting that Simon Moses is back in training.. Although is not yet confirmed..

But if true, wahala dey
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 7:27pm On May 31, 2018
tbaba1234:
Lateef Omidiji with the Nigeria under 15

When i saw the small boy sitting down in front on PINK OVERALL...i smiled and thank God...i have forgotten his name...but his is a lion waiting to roar...an eagle waiting to soar....he use to play with adults and his ball distribution...kai top notch....Let him keep developing....our midfield is the bag
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:28pm On May 31, 2018
Mujtahida:
As if Ighalo na Ronaldo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:29pm On May 31, 2018
krattoss:
Own goal is reporting that Simon Moses is back in training.. Although is not yet confirmed..

But if true, wahala dey

Why do you say wahala dey?

You wanted him out before?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 7:30pm On May 31, 2018
Who remembers his name?...the pocket sized battleship in PINK...i once watched in youtube...i want to see him again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 31, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:31pm On May 31, 2018
Icon4s:

As if Ighalo na Ronaldo
Do you know that as I wrote that comment my eye was not on Ighalo but the totality of Moses, Simi and Mikel. That's quite a formidable front ain't it?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 31, 2018

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:34pm On May 31, 2018
komekn:

Over the years I have watched a lot of players and over time the cream rises to the top.

Football has progressed and we have hundreds of teenagers making waves at the highest level of football. There is no sentiment performance gets you recognition not past youthful glories.

Football is not mathematics according to you, I will not argue with that. Nonetheless, the performance of football is clearly measurable and quantifiable so it's somewhat mathematical in assessment.

Football performance is not the singular preserve of one individual to deduce outstanding performance. There has always been parameters and measurements to determine quality as well as upward future progress.

WHAT THEREFORE MAKES Nwakali a so-called special talent. He has played in the Eredivisie for a season without recognition. He has effectively been demoted to the second tier of Dutch football and even at this lowly level he is not an outstanding player.

He is not among to top 100 teenage footballers despite that misleading outdated local Spanish media outlet somebody used to misrepresent his quality here.

The only thing he has that is special is SPECAIL CONSIDERATION given to him by the powers that be to come into the SE set up. He was allowed to by pass fair-play, required quality and outstanding ability.
You have said the same thing about Osimhen again nothing special beyond once again special favoured consideration.

To hinge your position solely on Rohr said is really evasion of the facts and really unbecoming of you. O expect you to convince us with a rational approach.

My view let there be an open level playing field free from favouritism based on clear defined objective performance parameters. Not subjective personal judgement.

I do not take my hat off to the so called coaching crew. Primarily I know a few of them and they are not exactly football purists. They have other considerations in mind just like all football scouting teams across worldwide football.

To start with, when the Pepsi football academy scouts discovered a young Mikel, they contacted Kashimawo Laloko who was a Senior coach in the academy. The message was that this young secondary footballer was the best player in the country.

Years later, that identified special talent still waxes strong.

Kelechi Nwakali was identified years ago when he was about 12 years old, had him training in the U17 camp and about four years later, the young man was crowned the best player in the U17 World cup. Just like the likes of Isco, Neymar, Samir Nasri and a host of other young brilliant special talents were identified, it seems the technical crew is up to something with Kelechi Nwakali.

Coach Yusuf, not Rohr as you wrote in your epistle was part of the growing process of some of our bright young talents. He monitored the progress of the young Nwakali Kelechi and he is well within his rights to make steps to nurture maybe the heir to the Mikel who was spotted at a very young age too.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:35pm On May 31, 2018
Do you mean Messi or the real Ronaldo?? Because the last time I checked, Cristiano Ronaldo no dey crack any defence o. His specialty is to wait for a cheap tap in, after all the work is done.

O pari

Icon4s:

As if Ighalo na Ronaldo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 31, 2018
Icon4s:

Why do you say wahala dey?

You wanted him out before?
that means that e Don be for Simi..

And it seems the whole injury brouhaha was a script..

Cos I don't understand..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 7:36pm On May 31, 2018
Our w/c group opponents will all be at WEMBLEY....our hatchet men are all here now....this is the match they will study till wee hours....Mikel had been dodging..hehe...VicMo meandering...hehe...Simi is joining.....soup done ready for foes

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:37pm On May 31, 2018
Icon79:
Well, on paper, they can beat us. I mean, if they can draw with Germany, Brazil, and nearly beat Spain, they are definitely favored to beat us. So I think it's a big risk for him to make such a strong vow in a game we're more likely to lose than win cheesy

O pari

He took a miscalculated gamble. In a friendly for that matter.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:37pm On May 31, 2018
lexyman:

that guy cant forget Odion Ighalo in a hurry ... only God knows how his heart will be pounding when he set his eyes on him again grin grin grin

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:39pm On May 31, 2018
Mujtahida:

Do you know that as I wrote that comment my eye was not on Ighalo but the totality of Moses, Simi and Mikel. That's quite a formidable front ain't it?

Meaning the 3 combined make up Ighalo?

Or how does Ighalo come into the equation?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 7:39pm On May 31, 2018
Icon4s:

As if Ighalo na Ronaldo

One on one Ighalo is very dangerous, Ighalo can take on any defender and destroy him. Is it because he is not European ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:39pm On May 31, 2018
zuchyblink:
Can't Ogu play LB?

Why? Not like we are short of legs there.

Secondly, Ogu isnt even faster than any of the 3 contenders.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 7:41pm On May 31, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL0e1_oqzwA

I found him.... le petit in PINK
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:41pm On May 31, 2018
OMANBALA1:

One on one Ighalo is very dangerous, Ighalo can take on any defender and destroy him. Is it because he is not European ?

Bros you mean this thing? Tell me more.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:42pm On May 31, 2018
And never come back with a new moniker.

fabyom:
An over-hyped Average team. If these guys beat us, I will quit this thread for life!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 7:43pm On May 31, 2018
krattoss:

But if true, wahala dey

How is is a problem if he is back in training ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:44pm On May 31, 2018
OMANBALA1:
"What I said was that "the general opinion of people" then was that Onigbinde took Opabunmi and Adepoju (not even Ogbeche) to Korea/ Japan for tribal reasons.

I have said it here before that I was a sport writer in the late 90s but though I did less of it as at 2002. Onigbinde was interviewed by the Nigerian press on why he took both players to the WC. He said (quote me any where) that Adepoju(who he called his joker) and Opabunmi were his boys. The general public definitely will take that as tribal sentiment. And that was exactly how they saw it even in the Press Circles.

This very obvious incidence was what I pointed out and he tagged me as a tribalist!

In another post I highlighted the fact that he has remained till date the last coach from that part of country. This statement which is obvious truth and the one highlighted above are what he has been pointing to for the past 3 or 4 years. "

Icons4, I remember that exchanges vividly and Onigbinde's response about taking an almost retired Adepoju who has absolutely nothing to offer, an Opabumi which is like taking Chukwueze not even Nwakali because Opabumi was never a special talent. Yes, he openly admitted he took his "boys" to the world cup for personal reasons and it was shocking to hear such nonsense from not just a national team coach but from a respected football technician. After that interview people tagged him a tribalist because those his "boys" were Yoruba's

Samuel is a very special talent.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:45pm On May 31, 2018
Icon4s:

Meaning the 3 combined make up Ighalo?

Or how does Ighalo come into the equation?
The forwards mentioned in the formation were Simi, Vicmo, mikel and Musa. OmanB said that he would rather have Ighalo on the right than Musa. I now added that plus Ighalo (meaning that Ighalo in addition to the other forwards) any defence will crack. As in Simi as the arrow head, Vicmo on the LWF, Mikel as AM and Ighalo as RWF will surely be hot for any defence to handle.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:45pm On May 31, 2018
krattoss:

Cos I don't understand..

Na... He can be accomodated.

They are 25 in camp + Simon, so either of the Aina/jile and either of agu/obi can be dropped which means 23 man including Simon will be in russia.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:46pm On May 31, 2018
krattoss:

Cos I don't understand..

I have said this thing before that Simi is not just up against other forwards.

Rather than for Rohr to drop Simy because of Simon he would drop one fringe midfielder or one defender in his place.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3814) (3815) (3816) (3817) (3818) (3819) (3820) ... (16430) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bennie1980(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.