Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,525 members, 7,895,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 01:32 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4579) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12114472 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4576) (4577) (4578) (4579) (4580) (4581) (4582) ... (16447) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:37pm On Aug 24, 2018
ChrisKels:
Rohr has nothing more to offer Nigerian football. Yes it is Seychelles, but, Parade this yeye squad against giants like Senegal, ivory coast, Morocco or even Zaire and Ghana then wahala go dey.

Please bros, let us not even expect too much against Seychelles. I'm predicting a 1-0 win for us at most.

So that at least, I don't get necessary high bp
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:37pm On Aug 24, 2018
Icon4s:

Ok, then change the channel to Iheanacho vs Akpeyi grin

The channel doesn't exist...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:38pm On Aug 24, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Rohr on Samuel Kalu call-up

"Samuel Kalu is a young player at 21. He is an exciting winger," Rohr said.

"He can be the successor to Victor Moses at the right side"

Ok na, the stage is set.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:39pm On Aug 24, 2018
ROHR ON iGHALO’S INVITATION

"One of our players who did so well during the 2018 World Cup qualifiers was Odion Ighalo," Rohr said at a press conference attended by allnigeriasoccer.com on Friday.

"He missed one or two chances against Argentina. If a player should have a bad patch, the next thing is not to discard him.''

The Franco-German will be banking on the former Julius Berger forward for goals when Nigeria face Seychelles in a 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifier on September 7.

"We want him to score goals and show he is still able to do well for his country. We share the problems with him and expect him to do well."

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:40pm On Aug 24, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

The channel doesn't exist...

Then you need another decoder

Try Startimes this time. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:40pm On Aug 24, 2018
darkelf:

Wait ooooooo......who is saying nacho is a match for mbappe.

So, this argument never end. The are miles apart. The distance between them is like from Naija to Australia.

grin

Lol help me tel SuperNerd
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:42pm On Aug 24, 2018
Rohr's words on Uzoho with talk on his club change

"We are comfortable with Uzoho."

"He is young and just changed club. He has moved to Elche where he will enjoy first team opportunities and not the second team of Deportivo La Coruna."

"We have our keepers for three or four training sessions. It's important they have enough game time under their belt before national team assignment."

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:42pm On Aug 24, 2018
Lol..

We are playing away so it’s going to be a difficult match. grin

darkelf:

Please bros, let us not even expect too much against Seychelles. I'm predicting a 1-0 win for us at most.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:44pm On Aug 24, 2018
andrew444:

Lol help me tel SuperNerd

All these useless channels sef with personal opinions dipped in dissing and more dissing. Abeg Andrew no call me to this Kain channel again ooo... I mean am... Abeg change osiso!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:47pm On Aug 24, 2018
Icon4s:

Then you need another decoder

Try Startimes this time. grin

Startimes ke? Please... Not interested. So startimes get that Kain channel sef.. Then I no want...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:48pm On Aug 24, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

All these useless channels sef with personal opinions dipped in dissing and more dissing. Abeg Andrew no call me to this Kain channel again ooo... I mean am... Abeg change osiso!

Somebody dey come kidnap that ya remote control soon. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:51pm On Aug 24, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Startimes ke? Please... Not interested. So startimes get that Kain channel sef.. Then I no want...

Because na Akpeyi dey involved?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:52pm On Aug 24, 2018
Icon4s:

Somebody dey come kidnap that ya remote control soon. grin

Dem no fit locate me... Invisible I am, to them. This remote is here to stay. tongue

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:52pm On Aug 24, 2018
edi287:

No you are complaining about your ONLY true out and out number 9. If you ask now who should replace replace Ighalo as a 9. - not one reasonable option will be suggested.
Dessers!

Whether an option is reasonable or not is subjective. For instance, Ighalo is unreasonable to me, but is reasonable to you.

Everybody is not supposed to agree on one option. That is why there is such a thing as an opinion.

If Ighalo is our only true number 9, then we don't need a number 9.

You people should allow us complain mbok. There is freedom of speech, besides, Ighalo's exit from the team is coming. Na so Echiejile been dey disturb our view for years, today, they are phasing him out. Ighalo's time will come.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:55pm On Aug 24, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Rohr on Samuel Kalu call-up

"Samuel Kalu is a young player at 21. He is an exciting winger," Rohr said.

"He can be the successor to Victor Moses at the right side"
is this not the Rohr that they said is looking for how to convince Moses to rescind his decision?

We are watching
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:55pm On Aug 24, 2018
safarigirl:
Dessers!

Whether an option is reasonable or not is subjective. For instance, Ighalo is unreasonable to me, but is reasonable to you.

Everybody is not supposed to agree on one option. That is why there is such a thing as an opinion.

If Ighalo is our only true number 9, then we don't need a number 9.

You people should allow us complain mbok. There is freedom of speech, besides, Ighalo's exit from the team is coming. Na so Echiejile been dey disturb our view for years, today, they are phasing him out. Ighalo's time will come.

Yeah it will come but till then we have to make do with him. I'd also like Dessers to be tried out too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:58pm On Aug 24, 2018
Icon4s:

Because na Akpeyi dey involved?

No Dad, it is because I just no want. Besides this is how all those Nacho diss-makers gather in one accord and start bashing and playing down the qualities of one of Nigeria's top promising youngsters.... It is getting stale...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:59pm On Aug 24, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Dem no fit locate me... Invisible I am, to them. This remote is here to stay. tongue

Chisos! Abasi mbok!

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:01pm On Aug 24, 2018
darkelf:

Bp ke..
Match wey b say I fit no watch sef, after major tourney disappointment,most fans like us dont get to watch eagles matches with keen interest as such.if dem like,make dem win or lose.na dem sabi..b4 I can take any eagles match serious,it will b next year when d nations cup approaches,dts even if we get to qualify cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:03pm On Aug 24, 2018
edi287:

Unless I'm missing something, but wasn't Ighalo brought in at half time when we were 1-0 down?? He held the ball better than Nacho. Yes he's not a great finisher like Nacho but he has better hold up play, is far more skillful and is just as mobile or maybe even more.
If you're going to play the likes of Musa and Onyekuru outwide, Ighalo makes even more sense.
We've done this Nacho as a 9 thing against Algeria and SA. It didn't work out.

You need to watch the game again. When Ighalo came on, he hardly hard chance to breathe. Every moment he got on the ball, the Argentines pressed in droves and retrieved the ball from him. The only thing people can hinge on is that Ighalo won fouls but that was due to his inability to break down the opposing defence.

When Ighalo had the chances he missed, the Argentines were pushing for the win.

Gerrit?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 9:03pm On Aug 24, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Ahhh... Yes... Another junior to command to go wash plates..
You don mad finish o. Lwkmd!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:05pm On Aug 24, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

No Dad, it is because I just no want. Besides this is how all those Nacho diss-makers gather in one accord and start bashing and playing down the qualities of one of Nigeria's top promising youngsters.... It is getting stale...

Well, what is my ''consine''? As long as e no stop my breakfast for tomorrow. grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:06pm On Aug 24, 2018
Icon4s:

Chisos! Abasi mbok!

Lol... Get used to it Dad. With this remote, I can easily turn off or change channels of discussions I don't want to look at... Isn't that lovely?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:08pm On Aug 24, 2018
edi287:

Unless I'm missing something, but wasn't Ighalo brought in at half time when we were 1-0 down?? He held the ball better than Nacho. Yes he's not a great finisher like Nacho but he has better hold up play, is far more skillful and is just as mobile or maybe even more.
If you're going to play the likes of Musa and Onyekuru outwide, Ighalo makes even more sense.
We've done this Nacho as a 9 thing against Algeria and SA. It didn't work out.

That is why I said the reason why Ighalo is in contention is because we resort to negative tactics. Look at City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid etc, the talk of the forward lies in mobility, creativity and lethality, not holdup play.

It is our lack of creative set up that hinges on the hold up play you rave about.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:08pm On Aug 24, 2018
SlayerForever:

You don mad finish o. Lwkmd!

Lol... Ah well...

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:10pm On Aug 24, 2018
Icon4s:

Well, what is my ''consine''? As long as e no stop my breakfast for tomorrow. grin

Papa ehn... You and food..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:11pm On Aug 24, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Lol... Get used to it Dad. With this remote, I can easily turn off or change channels of discussions I don't want to look at... Isn't that lovely?
Huhn, see as i just dey eye this ya New Remote.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:11pm On Aug 24, 2018
safarigirl:
is this not the Rohr that they said is looking for how to convince Moses to rescind his decision?

We are watching

the old.man need to know that Moses retirement was for good....and he should let him be.

but I expect him to keep trying to convince same Moses...same way he embarrassed himself trying to convince enyeama.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:12pm On Aug 24, 2018
Joebie:
Most competitive state virtually. That’s not what I’m talking about. I’m saying that should reflect on how these SE players see their position in the team.

You see we have tagged indegeneous coaches as always having their boys. That’s exactly what it is with this loyalty talk. There are players dying to play for the SE, the players who get a chance again and again should play as if having that in mind. I made this same remark before the World Cup if you remember, and I was hoping after the Mundial Rohr will set a new tone. We need the coach to really push these players.

There is no guarantee they will start? No player should be invited unless they can really stake a claim for a starting shirt. I want a player to push the regular starter always. That’s competition

That's what I'm saying, the squad no has no prima donna in this team any longer. If Joel plays well and the manager feels he needs to go off, he is indispensable. So no more guaranteed right wing for Moses, midfield for Mikel.

This invitation list is the best list plausible at this stage. Proven players and ones to be tested. If the testing goes wrong, the coach will recline on the proven and that's the reason for Joel and Onazi's invitation, not that he tolerates laziness or lackadaisicalness.

By the way, no matter who the manager calls up, the masses, you and I will never satisfied.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:13pm On Aug 24, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

lol I swear you 2 funny

I no fit follow you quarrel no matter what.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:13pm On Aug 24, 2018
Noah Joel Sarenren-Bazee is one name that has been mentioned in connection with the Super Eagles the past one year after pledging his international future to Nigeria ahead of Germany.

Bazee endured an injury hit season last time out and that cost him a spot in the Eagles squad for both the World Cup Qualifiers and the World Cup proper as he didn’t get enough games for German Bundesliga side Hannover 96.

After coming through pre season unscathed, many thought he would finally get the chance to impress in the colours of the Super Eagles in the 2019 African Cup of Nations Qualifiers game against Seychelles.

Earlier today coach Gernot Rohr announced the list of players and once again Bazee was missing from the 24 man list and he didn’t even make the standby list of four players named by the Franco-German coach.

Owngoalnigeria.com gathered the decision to omit him from the list was once again due to his fitness battles as he only recently returned from a broken toe picked up in pre season and Rohr decided to leave him out of the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:13pm On Aug 24, 2018
Humility017:

the old.man need to know that Moses retirement was for good....and he should let him be.

but I expect him to keep trying to convince same Moses...same way he embarrassed himself trying to convince enyeama.
if the man is tagging Kalu a potential successor to Moses, then he may not be trying to convince Moses like the media wants us to believe

(1) (2) (3) ... (4576) (4577) (4578) (4579) (4580) (4581) (4582) ... (16447) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.