Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,753 members, 7,875,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:45 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12001361 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8114) (8115) (8116) (8117) (8118) (8119) (8120) ... (16398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:22pm On Jan 07, 2020
mostob:
Chuks and Victor even get bronze
..CAF is shit abeg

Chaaaiii.... And I no even use this for debate... Chaaiii... See me ooo

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:22pm On Jan 07, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Nna eh... Don't mind that guy. Him head dey touch sometimes. I needed to apply some shockwaves to correct the wrong signals he was emanating. grin Andy na still my guy but I get reserved sword for am anytime him misbehave. No mind am jare. It is well...

Meanwhile... Abeg no post that friendly trophy again abeg. I take God beg you. grin

For your mind nah

Story for the gods

I will always get at you anytime you bring sentiment
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:23pm On Jan 07, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

This friendly trophy again?

Chaaaiii... Mostob... Are you trying to make me laugh or you are being serious right now? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:27pm On Jan 07, 2020
What did Hakimi win naa? When did he stand out better than Osimhen and Chuks in same year under review?

Chukwueze made the Ballon Dor's Kopa trophy top 10 U-21 in world football. Only African on that list. Won Bronze at Afcon and was the best young player in that tournament. A star also in la liga duly recognised by la liga among the best young talents in the league and La Liga is higher than Bundesliga. Fact.

Osimhen finished 2019 as Africa's Third Highest Goals banger in Europe's Top 10 leagues ahead of even Salah and Mahrez. He has taken Ligue 1 by storm and even has a Ligue 1 POTM award. He even shone brightly in the UCL just like Hakimi. He also won Bronze at the Afcon although playing just 45 mins of football.
But from January till December we saw Osimhen doing it for CHARLEROI, Lille, Nigeria and all at competitive levels. UCL... Ligue 1.... Jupiler... And Afcon Qualifiers.

So plsss do same... Point out what makes Hakimi more deserving than these two.

Subzero047:

Osimhen performed well but Hakimi performed well but on a HIGHER LEVEL

So it's a no brainer, also Hakimi has been performing well for a time while Osimhen has only a good half season

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:28pm On Jan 07, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Nna eh... Don't mind that guy. Him head dey touch sometimes. I needed to apply some shockwaves to correct the wrong signals he was emanating. grin Andy na still my guy but I get reserved sword for am anytime him misbehave. No mind am jare. It is well...

Meanwhile... Abeg no post that friendly trophy again abeg. I take God beg you. grin

ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:32pm On Jan 07, 2020
AFRICA’s best 11

Andre Onana

Serge Aurier

Joel Matip

Kalidou Koulibaly

Achraf Hakimi

Idrissa Gana Gueye

Riyad Mahrez

Hakim Ziyech

Mohammed Salah

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Sadio Mane

No Nigerian in CAF’s Team of the Year.

Did CAF make a mistake in the African XI?

las las CAF na scam....Ndidi didn't even make the list...na wa o

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:35pm On Jan 07, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
What did Hakimi win naa? When did he stand out better than Osimhen and Chuks in same year under review?

Chukwueze made the Ballon Dor's Kopa trophy top 10 U-21 in world football. Only African on that list. Won Bronze at Afcon and was the best young player in that tournament. A star also in la liga duly recognised by la liga among the best young talents in the league and La Liga is higher than Bundesliga. Fact.

Osimhen finished 2019 as Africa's Third Highest Goals banger in Europe's Top 10 leagues ahead of even Salah and Mahrez. He has taken Ligue 1 by storm and even has a Ligue 1 POTM award. He even shone brightly in the UCL just like Hakimi. He also won Bronze at the Afcon although playing just 45 mins of football.
But from January till December we saw Osimhen doing it for CHARLEROI, Lille, Nigeria and all at competitive levels. UCL... Ligue 1.... Jupiler... And Afcon Qualifiers.

So plsss do same... Point out what makes Hakimi more deserving than these two.

Why are you judging Hakimi with Chukwueze in a situation Hakimi did not compete in?

Did Hakimi compete in Kopa trophy? So how is that a yardstick, Hakimi is in the African team of the tournament where are Chukwueze and Osimhen?

Hakimi has been performing excellent in Germany, a top five league and you want to judge him alongside goals Osimhen scored in Belgium, If then Samatta should be in the conversation

Abeg grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:40pm On Jan 07, 2020
Hakimi is in a CAF awards team of the tournament (abi na year) that also gave him an award we are currently debating and which you are struggling to give cogent points for.... Looollll... Abeeeggiiiii.... grin

You are using Bundesliga higher than Ligue 1... Is La Liga not higher than Bundesliga?

And also is Hakimi not 21? KOPA TROPHY was for U-21 (21 and below). Where was Hakimi naa?

Oga... No worry... I can see you have no cogent response to the gigantic facts I just laid out on Osimhen's and Chukwueze's year.

Subzero047:

Why are you judging Hakimi with Chukwueze in a situation Hakimi did not compete in?

Did Hakimi compete in Kopa trophy? So how is that a yardstick, Hakimi is in the African team of the tournament where are Chukwueze and Osimhen?

Hakimi has been performing excellent in Germany, a top five league and you want to judge him alongside goals Osimhen scored in Belgium, If then Samatta should be in the conversation

Abeg grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:42pm On Jan 07, 2020
At least CAF could not rob Asisat Oshoala of her glory. grin

Now Four times CAF Women's Player of the year award winner and deservedly so. And she is still only 25. 2010-2019 was her decade.... This 2020 onwards will also be her decade. Ride on Superzee!! wink

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:44pm On Jan 07, 2020
man city doing the Lord's work. oga charlesemeka , comot your mind from this match....better days ahead brother nonsense and ole Gunnar.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chucs: 9:51pm On Jan 07, 2020
The non sentimental guys howfr u guys? What's your take on the CAF team of the year?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:54pm On Jan 07, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Hakimi is in a CAF awards team of the tournament that also gave him an award we are currently debating and which you are struggling to give cogent points for.... Looollll... Abeeeggiiiii.... grin

You are using Bundesliga higher than Ligue 1... Is La Liga not higher than Bundesliga?

And also is Hakimi not 21? KOPA TROPHY was for U-21 (21 and below). Where was Hakimi naa?

Oga... No worry... I can see you have no cogent response to the gigantic facts I just laid out on Osimhen's and Chukwueze's year.

The Kopa trophy is for players below 21, Besides Hakimi contested for the golden boy awards in 2018 with Mbappe and performed wonderfully

It's not a must to argue

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:59pm On Jan 07, 2020
mostob:
I disagree. Messi 's brief retirement was down to frustration and not due to his ego.

Leave that one make e dey talk Wetin she no no

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:04pm On Jan 07, 2020
mostob:
AFRICA’s best 11

Andre Onana

Serge Aurier

Joel Matip

Kalidou Koulibaly

Achraf Hakimi

Idrissa Gana Gueye

Riyad Mahrez

Hakim Ziyech

Mohammed Salah

Sadio Mane

The list is correct sir

Maybe Ndidi is arguable
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 10:04pm On Jan 07, 2020
Na wa for some peeps here ooooo. Sentiment no kill una. Imagine downplaying Hakimi contribution last year bcuz of osimhen.
Dortmund top scorer In Europe dz season despite playing as a fullback .

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 07, 2020
The NFF and our men’s team should not be discouraged by the results of the CAF awards.

Within the last 8 months, our players have made their mark in Europe. We have so much talent erupting left and right in the top 5 and lower leagues of Europe.

Let us continue to ride and build on this momentum. I believe we are certainly on our way to building arguably Africa’s most promising squad and we will reap the benefits of our hard work in AFCON (and on the Confederations cup hopefully) and the World Cup .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:07pm On Jan 07, 2020
Even Iheanacho has contested Golden boy awards and "performed wonderfully." grin
Even Iwobi also made Golden boy list at a time so who cares.

So why mentioning situations too wey no concern Chukwueze and Osimhen? grin Osimhen was still finding his feet career wise and Chuks was just beginning his breakout journey in mid-late 2018.

But uhmm... Are we even speaking of 2018?? Hahahahaha. Dude has ran back into 2018. We speaking 2019 man! cheesy

The point remains you cannot point out one major thing that makes Hakimi stand out over Osimhen and Chukwueze in 2019 whereas I have given you countless in favor of the Nigerians. Abeg... You are right. It is truly not a must to argue especially when you got no cogent point. Lol

Subzero047:

The Kopa trophy is for players below 21, Besides Hakimi contested for the golden boy awards in 2018 with Mbappe and performed wonderfully

It's not a must to argue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:09pm On Jan 07, 2020
Subzero047:

Abeg grin

He is already showing everyone he is a joke

Normally they will think I am rude

Thank you for reminding him about mbwanta Samantha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 10:10pm On Jan 07, 2020
mostob:
AFRICA’s best 11

Andre Onana

Serge Aurier

Joel Matip

Kalidou Koulibaly

Achraf Hakimi

Idrissa Gana Gueye

Riyad Mahrez

Hakim Ziyech

Mohammed Salah

Sadio Mane

What's Joel Matip doing on that list nitori olorun

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:11pm On Jan 07, 2020
Samueltemi337:
What did Hakimi contribute to Morocco Afcon campaign?

Hakimi was I'm the first team for his country. He was an established member of the team. He wasn't in and out of the squad like Chukwueze or a bench warmers like Osimhen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:11pm On Jan 07, 2020
chucs:
The non sentimental guys howfr u guys? What's your take on the CAF team of the year?

Perfect bro

Maybe Ndidi is arguable ,but gana Gueye have a better afcon than him

Or should ighalo replace aubameyang there ?

Most of you won’t even think of this because you all hate ighalo

I am even thinking ighalo being there is more debatable than Ndidi ahead of Gueye
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 10:14pm On Jan 07, 2020
Blueelf:

Hakimi was I'm the first team for his country. He was an established member of the team. He wasn't in and out of the squad like Chukwueze or a bench warmers like Osimhen
So that's an achievement
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:15pm On Jan 07, 2020
junnyjake:

e weak me brother
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:16pm On Jan 07, 2020
Help me ask them please. The dudes here arguing for Hakimi till now are yet to point any major achievement he had in 2019 that beats out Chuks and Osimhen. It is the funniest thing to read for me. Lol

If there is no sentiments in theirs points, let them back it up with facts naa just like I have done for Osimhen and Chukwueze.

Samueltemi337:
So that's an achievement

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:16pm On Jan 07, 2020
junnyjake:

Apart from Matip, there was no error in this team selection.

Ndisi isn't clearly better than Gueye as much as I like him. Gueye plays champions league football unlike Ndidi. All round game, they are too similar and Gueye made it to the finals of the AFCON and was an integral member of their squad.

Let's face it. All our players apart from Ndidi are soooooooooooooooooooooo average. CAF knows this and this is a very fair assessment. I hope we learn from this and not hype our boys unnecessarily.

At least, no be darkelf make the selection grin grin grin, na CAF. So, no need for insults abeg.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:17pm On Jan 07, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Even Iheanacho has contested Golden boy awards and "performed wonderfully." grin
Even Iwobi also made Golden boy list at a time so who cares.

So why mentioning situations too wey no concern Chukwueze and Osimhen? grin Osimhen was still finding his feet career wise and Chuks was just beginning his breakout journey in mid-late 2018.

But uhmm... Are we even speaking of 2018?? Hahahahaha. Dude has ran back into 2018. We speaking 2019 man! cheesy

The point remains you cannot point out one major thing that makes Hakimi stand out over Osimhen and Chukwueze in 2019 whereas I have given you countless in favor of the Nigerians. Abeg... You are right. It is truly not a must to argue especially when you got no cogent point. Lol

Ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:17pm On Jan 07, 2020
andrewbaba44:

The list is correct sir
Maybe Ndidi is arguable
Aurier?? Matip? BTW, Ndidi deserves a spot too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 10:17pm On Jan 07, 2020
Blueelf:

Ndisi isn't clearly better than Gueye as much as I like him. Gueye plays champions league football unlike Ndidi. All round game, they are too similar and Gueye made it to the finals of the AFCON and was an integral member of their squad.

Let's face it. All our players apart from Ndidi are soooooooooooooooooooooo average. CAF knows this and this is a very fair assessment. I hope we learn from this and not hype our boys unnecessarily.

At least, no be darkelf make the selection grin grin grin, na CAF. So, no need for insults abeg.
So average yet our player was the highest goal scorer in the competition
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:19pm On Jan 07, 2020
Blueelf:

So Gueye playing UCL is now an achievement?? My God!! And what impact has he made in the UCL? This is no sentiment, Ndidi is a better player and deserves a spot .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:20pm On Jan 07, 2020
Reminding me of what exactly? Did Samatta finish in the top 5 of African top scorers in Top 10 Euro leagues?? Did he? You would just run your mouth without doing proper research.

Osimhen's combined goals in Belgium and France put him ahead of Salah and Mahrez in the 2019 Calendar year for Africans with most goals across the top 10 Euro leagues. So wetin even concern Samatta? Lol... Just yapping as usual without factual grounds. grin

Infact, Subzero was very funny to even mention Samatta. Such an irrelevant point really considering Samatta didn't even make Africa's top 5 scorers of the 2019 calendar year sef. Hahaha... Funny lots.

andrewbaba44:

He is already showing everyone he is a joke

Normally they will think I am rude

Thank you for reminding him about mbwanta Samantha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:21pm On Jan 07, 2020
Samueltemi337:
So that's an achievement

So 2 goals and 6 assists as a fullback is not an achievement?

Chukwueze has 3 goals and 3 assists as a winger

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:21pm On Jan 07, 2020
zicky:
Base on laurels Perpetua top Oshoala big time

See Oshoala laurels (1&2)

See Perpetua (3)

Can you now explain why Perpetua top Oshoala big time based on laurels?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8114) (8115) (8116) (8117) (8118) (8119) (8120) ... (16398) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.