Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,755 members, 7,875,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:58 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12001447 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8115) (8116) (8117) (8118) (8119) (8120) (8121) ... (16398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:24pm On Jan 07, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Reminding me of what exactly? Did Samatta finish in the top 5 of African top scorers in Top 10 Euro leagues?? Did he? You would just run your mouth without doing proper research.

Osimhen's combined goals in Belgium and France put him ahead of Salah and Mahrez in the 2019 Calendar year for Africans with most goals across the top 10 Euro leagues. So wetin even concern Samatta? Lol... Just yapping as usual without factual grounds. grin

Infact, Subzero was very funny to even mention Samatta. Such an irrelevant point really considering Samatta didn't even make Africa's top 5 scorers of the 2019 calendar year sef. Hahaha... Funny lots.

You are very funny, did you know that Pukki had more goals than Ronaldo and Messi at a stage this season? So you want to use half season achievements to judge

Hakimi as a full back has more goal contributions than Chukwueze and more champions league goals than Osimhen

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:24pm On Jan 07, 2020
Ndidi don suffer o . After over 2 season of constant consistent world class performance as a DM for Leicester,he is still not being appreciated even in his continent. A carpenter from Senegal is the one stealing his shine...

He needs to leave Leicester!/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:25pm On Jan 07, 2020
This question is yet to be answered cogently and convincingly showing how the choice of Hakimi was very sentimental indeed.

But I stated Osimhen's and Chukwueze's. All well spelt out.

Also the point of bundesliga being higher than Ligue 1 is all fine and good when you also must agree that La liga is also a HIGHER LEVEL than the bundesliga.

In conclusion, all I see from those talking up Hakimi is just baseless ramblings based on no solid factual grounds. Just using the Big club and UCL talk. Nothing more.

TheSuperNerd:
What did Hakimi win naa? When did he stand out better than Osimhen and Chuks in same year under review?

Chukwueze made the Ballon Dor's Kopa trophy top 10 U-21 in world football. Only African on that list. Won Bronze at Afcon and was the best young player in that tournament. A star also in la liga duly recognised by la liga among the best young talents in the league and La Liga is higher than Bundesliga. Fact.

Osimhen finished 2019 as Africa's Third Highest Goals banger in Europe's Top 10 leagues ahead of even Salah and Mahrez. He has taken Ligue 1 by storm and even has a Ligue 1 POTM award. He even shone brightly in the UCL just like Hakimi. He also won Bronze at the Afcon although playing just 45 mins of football.
But from January till December we saw Osimhen doing it for CHARLEROI, Lille, Nigeria and all at competitive levels. UCL... Ligue 1.... Jupiler... And Afcon Qualifiers.

So plsss do same... Point out what makes Hakimi more deserving than these two.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:26pm On Jan 07, 2020
Be smart abeg and don't dull me. I used the stats/performances for a whole year. The whole of 2019 Jan-Dec... Is that not fair? Is that not the year under review? Why saying something else here? Abeg if you cannot stick to the bounds of the discussion, you can say your goodnight. Lol

Subzero047:

You are very funny, did you know that Pukki had more goals than Ronaldo and Messi at a stage this season? So you want to use half season achievements to judge

Hakimi as a full back has more goal contributions than Chukwueze and more champions league goals than Osimhen

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:28pm On Jan 07, 2020
Samueltemi337:
So that's an achievement

Is chukwueze better than him?

How come one is playing for Dortmund in champions league and the other is in Villarreal till now? How come?

Achraf Hakimi has 6 goals and 6 assists in 26 appearances so far while Chukwueze has 3 assists and 3 goals in 18 appearances this season. Acraf Hakimi is ever present and plays 3 positions in a strong Dortmund squad while Chukwueze is sometimes benched even in LA liga matches.

Do you know that Hakimi plays more as a wing back or full back and yet has more goals and assists than an attacking player like Chukwueze? If this doesn't trump all other arguments, o wonder what does.

As for Osimhen, he has 13 goals and 4 assists in 23 appearances which is expected since he is a striker as opposed to Hakimi. Yet, Osimhen couldn't hold down a starting place in the Super Eagles for much of 2019; he bloomed late in the year as opposed to a consistent Hakimi. Hakimi progressed with his team to the later stages of Champions league, flogging inter on the process while Lille weren't as fortunate (or good enough). Also, the German league is ranked higher than the French league according to UEFA.

Hakimi deserve am abegggggggg. My guyyyyyyy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:29pm On Jan 07, 2020
mostob:
Aurier?? Matip?
BTW, Ndidi deserves a spot too

Who should replace aurier and Matip ?

Just tell me ?

I won’t argue about Ndidi

I remain his number 1 fan here who sees him as our only world class player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chucs: 10:29pm On Jan 07, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Perfect bro

Maybe Ndidi is arguable ,but gana Gueye have a better afcon than him

Or should ighalo replace aubameyang there ?

Most of you won’t even think of this because you all hate ighalo

I am even thinking ighalo being there is more debatable than Ndidi ahead of Gueye
Guy please stop. Even when Gana played in England, Ndidi was miles better. Ndidi had an overall better year than Gana.

What did Gana do that was spectacular at AFCON? Nothing!

Then Matip had a fantastic year with Liverpool but did not feature for Cameron cuz he had problems with their FA.

Ighalo should be there instead of Aubameyang. He was the top goal scorer at Afcon and he banged in goals for his team, ultimately helping them win Chinese FA cup.

Then Serge Aurier? I will take anybody but him in that wing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:29pm On Jan 07, 2020
Danielnino00:
Ndidi don suffer o . After over 2 season of constant consistent world class performance as a DM for Leicester,he is still not being appreciated even in his continent. A carpenter from Senegal is the one stealing his shine...

He needs to leave Leicester!/

Oga, Ndidi and Gueye are very similar. Why would PSG go for gueye over a much younger Ndidi? Do we know better than their note experienced scouts?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:30pm On Jan 07, 2020
Samueltemi337:
So average yet our player was the highest goal scorer in the competition

With how many penalties?

grin grin grin

Abi you think na only AFCON dem use. To make things more unfavorable for you, you ply your trade in China??

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:30pm On Jan 07, 2020
This question is very funny. So it is crime for a player to play for Villarreal.

Okay let's play this game.. is La liga not bigger than Bundesliga? How come one is playing in the bundesliga that is LOWER THAN LA LIGA? grin

Blueelf:

Is chukwueze better than him?

How come one is playing for Dortmund in champions league and the other is in Villarreal till now? How come?

Achraf Hakimi has 6 goals and 6 assists in 26 appearances so far while Chukwueze has 3 assists and 3 goals in 18 appearances this season. Acraf Hakimi is ever present and plays 3 positions in a strong Dortmund squad while Chukwueze is sometimes benched even in LA liga matches.

Do you know that Hakimi plays more as a wing back or full back and yet has more goals and assists than an attacking player like Chukwueze? If this doesn't trump all other arguments, o wonder what does.

As for Osimhen, he has 13 goals and 4 assists in 23 appearances which is expected since he is a striker as opposed to Hakimi. Yet, Osimhen couldn't hold down a starting place in the Super Eagles for much of 2019; he bloomed late in the year as opposed to a consistent Hakimi. Hakimi progressed with his team to the later stages of Champions league, flogging inter on the process while Lille weren't as fortunate (or good enough). Also, the German league is ranked higher than the French league according to UEFA.

Hakimi deserve am abegggggggg. My guyyyyyyy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:32pm On Jan 07, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
This question is very funny. So it is crime for a player to play for Villarreal.

Okay let's play this game.. is La liga not bigger than Bundesliga? How come one is playing in the bundesliga that is LOWER THAN LA LIGA? grin

If Dortmund and Villarreal play in a competitive match, who would win hands down?

Please be sincere okay?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:33pm On Jan 07, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Perfect bro

Maybe Ndidi is arguable ,but gana Gueye have a better afcon than him

Or should ighalo replace aubameyang there ?

Most of you won’t even think of this because you all hate ighalo

I am even thinking ighalo being there is more debatable than Ndidi ahead of Gueye

If AFCON performance is the benchmark,why is Ismael Benncar not there ? .He won the best player award at rhw AFCON..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:33pm On Jan 07, 2020
Answer my question first naa... You dey dodge? grin

How come one is playing at a lower level compared to another? Afterall, Bundesliga is below the La liga? grin

Blueelf:

If Dortmund and Villarreal play in a competitive match, who would win hands down?

Please be sincere okay?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:34pm On Jan 07, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Be smart abeg and don't dull me. I used the stats/performances for a whole year. The whole of 2019 Jan-Dec... Is that not fair? Is that not the year under review? Why saying something else here? Abeg if you cannot stick to the bounds of the discussion, you can say your goodnight. Lol

Hakimi had more Champions league goals from fullback than Osimhen, played all games in the Afcon, Is performing in a better team in a better league and is in the Afcon team of the year

How is that for a stat?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:37pm On Jan 07, 2020
Danielnino00:

If AFCON performance is the benchmark,why is Ismael Benncar not there ? .He won the best player award at rhw AFCON..

You have a point
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:37pm On Jan 07, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

How come one is playing at a lower level compared to another? Afterall, Bundesliga is below the La liga? grin

Okay, yes grin grin grin grin, LA liga is a better league

HOWEVER,

Let me rephrase, Dortmund will school lille as well in a competitive match.

Hakimi deserved this thing. Scoring in Belgium or ahow boasting in Villarreal can only take you so far as evidenced by this award. CAF duly rewarded consistency
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:38pm On Jan 07, 2020
Blueelf:

Oga, Ndidi and Gueye are very similar. Why would PSG go for gueye over a much younger Ndidi? Do we know better than their note experienced scouts?

Clubs have their own preference for certain players...it doesn't mean the players they snub are bad.

Gueye played with Ndidi in the premier league and he wasn't better than him.
Ndidi has been among the best defensive midfielder in the world since he moved to Leicester.. the stats speak for him....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:39pm On Jan 07, 2020
Subzero047:

Hakimi had more Champions league goals from fullback than Osimhen, played all games in the Afcon, Is performing in a better team in a better league and is in the Afcon team of the year

How is that for a stat?

Gbammmmmm

Your head dey there bro

I said same thing however with too much story grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:39pm On Jan 07, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Not trying to get involved here but how is playing for Dortmund a lower level than Villarreal? Well by your definition, Deeney playing for Watford is miles better than Oshimen because he is playing at a 'higher level'
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:40pm On Jan 07, 2020
chucs:
Guy please stop. Even when Gana played in England, Ndidi was miles better. Ndidi had an overall better year than Gana.

What did Gana do that was spectacular at AFCON? Nothing!

Then Matip had a fantastic year with Liverpool but did not feature for Cameron cuz he had problems with their FA.

Ighalo should be there instead of Aubameyang. He was the top goal scorer at Afcon and he banged in goals for his team, ultimately helping them win Chinese FA cup.

Then Serge Aurier? I will take anybody but him in that wing.

Did I say gana is better than Ndidi ?

I remain Ndidi number 1 fan here and he is better than gana ,maybe the list is not about who is better ok

Sergie is better than all your super eagles full back so if you are going there you better just stop it

I don’t know if it’s about afcon or not

As for ighalo ,Agreed

All what we have just said here is arguable ,but not you guys ranting hakimi doesn’t deserve his award because of your love your naija players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:41pm On Jan 07, 2020
Danielnino00:

Clubs have their own preference for certain players...it doesn't mean the players they snub are bad.

Gueye played with Ndidi in the premier league and he wasn't better than him.
Ndidi has been among the best defensive midfielder in the world since he moved to Leicester.. the stats speak for him....

Ndidi barely edged gueye in tackles and you know that

So, they just picked who plays in a better team. Na so we see am. Next time, make our guys perform indisputably better. Then, no one would "rob" them are some are already implying
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:41pm On Jan 07, 2020
Ofcos he will have more goals naa... I already explained that earlier. He was played further forward a few times and as Wingback. Lucien Favre(Hope I got it) uses Hakimi's attacking prowess to devastating effects.

Dortmund is also a more quality team than Lille. No question.
But that is exactly what makes Osimhen so special... Having the stats he has for a team like Lille who are obviously lower in quality compared to Dortmund shows why he (Osimhen) deserves a huge shout and he has the stats to back it all up.

Africa's Number 3 top scorer across all leagues in Europe's top 10 even outscoring Two time APOTY winner, Salah and one time winner, Mahrez.

Ligue 1 POTM for September. Already a Ligue 1 sensation... Just recently named in the top 3 Ligue 1 revelations of the season so far by Ligue 1 conforama alongside Camavinga of Rennes.

In the UCL he also shone for Lille despite the obvious gap in quality between Lille and Dortmund.

For country, Osimhen delivered. Hakimi didn't exactly excel.

Deal with it. cool

Subzero047:

How is that for a stat?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:43pm On Jan 07, 2020
andrewbaba44:

You have a point

My problem with all this individual awards is that there is hardly any clearly laid out criteria for winning . Is it individual stat? number of trophies won or international tournament stat? Like in 2018 when Modric won everything just because of his world cup performance while past world cup winners like Sneidjer,Xavi,Iniest and Neur weren't considered...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:44pm On Jan 07, 2020
You are always getting involved Michael.... So no need for the first line... grin But you are always welcome as usual. Your entrance is not a surprise after your moniker showed up in the viewers list. It was only a matter a time before you shook mouth as usual. grin

And yes, I absolutely agree. Deeney is higher. Coz that is what you lots wanna use to also talk down Osimhen using Hakimi's bundesliga status. So that means Chuks trumps Hakimi too.
LA LIGA >>>>>>>>> Bundesliga....Yes!

Since you all wanna be so illogical and absurd. Hahahahahaha... cheesy

Mickael2:

Not trying to get involved here but how is playing for Dortmund a lower level than Villarreal? Well by your definition, Deeney playing for Watford is miles better than Oshimen because he is playing at a 'higher level'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:44pm On Jan 07, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Who should replace aurier and Matip ?

Just tell me ?

I won’t argue about Ndidi

I remain his number 1 fan here who sees him as our only world class player
This might be debatable but IMO...this year being an AFCON year,Matip has no business there,
Aurier? I think Aina edge him out .
As for Matip, I can't pinpoint any player among SE but his inclusion is debatable .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:46pm On Jan 07, 2020
mostob:
This might be debatable but IMO...this year being an AFCON year,Matip has no business there,
Aurier? I think Aina edge him out .
As for Matip, I can't pinpoint any player among SE but his inclusion is debatable .

Hmmmm

Your point nearly shut me up

If Matip was there then they aren’t look at the afcon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:48pm On Jan 07, 2020
Danielnino00:

My problem with all this individual awards is that there is hardly any clearly laid out criteria for winning . Is it individual stat? number of trophies won or international tournament stat? Like in 2018 when Modric won everything just because of his world cup performance while past world cup winners like Sneidjer,Xavi,Iniest and Neur weren't considered...

I agree with all you said

If Modric won the balon d or ,I see no reason why those you mentioned didn’t win it ,they even did better than him if you are to compare his season to theirs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:48pm On Jan 07, 2020
I absolutely agree. Who is even arguing it? Lol.... Just makes my point even stronger. Osimhen's stats in Ligue 1 for such a "poor" Lille side and Winning September's Ligue 1 player of the month and being crowned a top 3 revelation of the Ligue 1 season first half says a lot about the outstanding year Osimhen have had. grin

Ohhh don't forget he is a Top 3 Africa Top scorer across Europe's top 10 euro leagues ahead of Salah and Mahrez.

And yes... La liga is higher than Bundesliga. No question.

Blueelf:

Okay, yes grin grin grin grin, LA liga is a better league

HOWEVER,

Let me rephrase, Dortmund will school lille as well in a competitive match.

Hakimi deserved this thing. Scoring in Belgium or ahow boasting in Villarreal can only take you so far as evidenced by this award. CAF duly rewarded consistency

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:48pm On Jan 07, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Ofcos he will have more goals naa... I already explained that earlier. He was played further forward a few times and as Wingback. Lucien Favre(Hope I got it) uses Hakimi's attacking prowess to devastating effects.

Dortmund is also a more quality team than Lille. No question.
But that is exactly what makes Osimhen so special... Having the stats he has for a team like Lille who are obviously lower in quality compared to Osimhen shows why he deserves a huge shout and he has the stats to back it all up.

Africa's Number 3 top scorer across all leagues in Europe's top 10 even outscoring Two time APOTY winner, Salah and one time winner, Mahrez.

Ligue 1 POTM for September. Already a Ligue 1 sensation... Just recently named in the top 3 Ligue 1 revelations of the season so far by Ligue 1 conforama alongside Camavinga of Rennes.

In the UCL he also shone for Lille despite the obvious gap in quality between Lille and Dortmund.

For country, Osimhen delivered. Hakimi didn't exactly excel.

Deal with it. cool

Oh now you no longer need stats you are just explaining grin

Be reminded Hakimi did not fall into the wonderful Borussia Dortmund team, he played his way into it

Good night
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chucs: 10:49pm On Jan 07, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Did I say gana is better than Ndidi ?

I remain Ndidi number 1 fan here and he is better than gana ,maybe the list is not about who is better ok

Sergie is better than all your super eagles full back so if you are going there you better just stop it

I don’t know if it’s about afcon or not

As for ighalo ,Agreed

All what we have just said here is arguable ,but not you guys ranting hakimi doesn’t deserve his award because of your love your naija players
The player i'm looking at when it comes to the right wing back is the Algerian guy, Youcef Atal. You can buy hundred of Aurier if you were to be a coach but as for me, I dont rate him. I will take Ola Aina and fully fit Tyrone Ebuehi. He may be playing for Spurds but not better and certainly not the best in Africa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:50pm On Jan 07, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Hmmmm
Your point nearly shut me up
If Matip was there then they aren’t look at the afcon
exactly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:51pm On Jan 07, 2020
Osimhen also didn't need a loan from Big Boys Madrid to a Dortmund team. He worked his way up the ladder from Charleroi into a Lille team in Ligue 1 where he is now king also attracting the attention of Hakimi's parent club, Real Madrid. grin

Sweet dreams. wink

Subzero047:

Oh now you no longer need stats you are just explaining grin

Be reminded Hakimi did not fall into the wonderful Borussia Dortmund team, he played his way into it

Good night

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8115) (8116) (8117) (8118) (8119) (8120) (8121) ... (16398) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.