Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,192 members, 7,873,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:15 PM

Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. (22818 Views)

No Ethnic Group Can Beat The Fulani, The largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria - Bello / Which Ethnic Group Is The 4th Largest In Nigeria? / Ten Most Discussed Things In Nigeria Of Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 02, 2016
Aigbofa:

Your idiocy, my friend.
Ok watch this video take hold body grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cJ65VuDnJU
Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Perceptor(m): 1:10pm On Apr 02, 2016
imhotep:

Like this abi ==>
grin grin grin grin grin grin
No, not like that. Instead of d placards, it's their houses they will be carryin on their heads while they trekk to the east like soldier ants.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by MrEverest(m): 1:11pm On Apr 02, 2016
AmuDimpka:

Well Na mouth you get..but one thing is clear here ..Lagos and Ilorin are not Yoruba land ....if you have the guts to claim it get ready for a showdown

Mile 12 is just sample ...you can claim it on paper but we wey dey ground know how far

Now run back to Oshogbo where you emanated from
Choi, Nna Idi wicked, this is called brutality in mortal combat. Even though what you said may appear ackward but unfortunately thats the sad reality for them!!

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by scoleman: 1:11pm On Apr 02, 2016
Aigbofa:

People move to where they can find opportunities that is a fact. You need to compare the numbers of Europeans who are relocating to West Africa and the numbers of West Africans who are relocating to Europe.
You can twist it all you want, facts are facts.

Lol, I just made a point and this is what you came up with to defend your illogical explanation.

Smh , indeed it is a shame cheesy
Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 02, 2016
Perceptor:

No, not like that. Instead of d placards, it's their houses they will be carryin on their heads while they trekk to the east like soldier ants.
So the matter dey pain you like this? grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 02, 2016
MrEverest:
You are the myopic one here. What percentage of Nigerians in America or Europe are practising Lawyers, Engineers, Doctors compared to those doing unskilled jobs? Have you ever seen Americans, Europeans, Chinese etc doing menial jobs here in Nigeria? Simply because they feel they are too smart for that!

Exactly, when you look at migration generally you look at where people are going and why. What individuals do when they reach their destination can change.
What direction are Nigerians going? Lagos
Where are they coming from mostly? Iboland.

You can expand that further to where are Nigerians going overseas, where are the migrants coming to Nigeria coming from?
All the other gymnastics you are trying to do does not cut it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 02, 2016
This topic when no make front page dey attract this much talk talk ... Why are the matters relating to Igbos this hot? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by scoleman: 1:15pm On Apr 02, 2016
Aigbofa:

Exactly, when you look at migration generally you look at where people are going and why. What individuals do when they reach their destination can change.
What direction are Nigerians going? Lagos
Where are they coming from mostly? Iboland.

You can expand that further to where are Nigerians going or where are the migrants coming to Nigeria coming from?
All the other gymnastics you are trying to do does not cut it.

What are you saying You are really confused
Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Perceptor(m): 1:16pm On Apr 02, 2016
AmuDimpka:

Niwbtge truth is coming out Oshogbo man...why don't you guys change the roofs
Because we ar proud of em, we used our cocoa money to buy em. Its a symbol of early civilization of the yoruba pple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by scoleman: 1:16pm On Apr 02, 2016
MIPNIG:
This topic when no make front page dey attract this much talk talk ... Why are the matters relating to Igbos this hot? undecided

lol, anything Igbo sells bro

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 02, 2016
MIPNIG:

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Perceptor(m): 1:18pm On Apr 02, 2016
imhotep:
So the matter dey pain you like this? grin grin grin grin
Mtcheew...u ar boring..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 02, 2016
Perceptor:

Mtcheew...u ar boring..
Why?
Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 02, 2016
scoleman:

What are you saying You are really confused

You are, let me explain it to you further. Most of the people leaving their home states to seek employment elsewhere are ibos. Then comes the next question; why? To seek better opportunities.
If there are abundance of opportunities in iboland, there will still be some migration obviously but it will not be in droves and they won't occupy the first position as the number one migrating tribe in Nigeria. Simple logic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 02, 2016
Aigbofa:

You are, let me explain it to you further. Most of the people leaving their home states to seek employment elsewhere are ibos. Then comes the next question; why? To seek better opportunities.
If there are abundance of opportunities in iboland, there will still be some migration obviously but it will not be in droves and they won't occupy the first position as the number one migrating tribe in Nigeria. Simple logic.

[size=18pt]By similar logic:
Yoruba people migrate in DROVES to UK because there is scarcity of opportunities in Yorubaland.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by totit: 1:31pm On Apr 02, 2016
Intelligence has to be genetic and not statistic.

It's has to be in the gene of a group of people or tribe as a whole. Anything short of that na wash.

Most discussed? Well, yeah Brafray bruahaha come to mind but it's not sustainable.
Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 02, 2016
imhotep:

[size=18pt]By similar logic:
Yoruba people migrate in DROVES to UK because there is scarcity of opportunities in Yorubaland.[/size]

Absolutely, we are not brought up to lie about what is so obvious. Different value systems.

You can use facts to improve yourself and you can try to bend it to disastrous consequences.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 02, 2016
Aigbofa:

Absolutely, we are not brought up to lie about what is so obvious. Different value systems.

You can use facts to improve yourself and you can try to bend it to disastrous consequences.
But then Igbo people come and CREATE opportunities in Yorubaland. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 02, 2016
AmuDimpka:

So the are more opportunity here in Nigeria than China that's why Chinese are here ...Oga they are here for economic exploitations.. Saw with Igbo

This is where you get it wrong, even if you disregard the population of both countries there are still more Nigerians going to China than Chinese coming to Nigeria. Why is this so difficult for you to comprehend?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by totit: 1:36pm On Apr 02, 2016
imhotep:

But then Igbo people come and CREATE opportunities in Yorubaland. grin grin grin

Loooolx
Infact ibos na opportunity sef
Loolz grin

Kilode.
Ibo land sef sef need opportunity lipsrsealed
Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 02, 2016
imhotep:

They come to seek opportunities that are already there. They came in Ekenedili Chukwu and they will only go home until they buy at least one small tokunbo. It is what it is bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by AmuDimpka: 1:39pm On Apr 02, 2016
Aigbofa:

This is where you get it wrong, even if you disregard the population of both countries there are still more Nigerians going to China than Chinese coming to Nigeria. Why is this so difficult for you to comprehend?

It's you that have comprehension issues ....okay who gave you the statistics and data if the travel that more Nigerians are in China ....I want to get data ..the travel data

Now China is 1.6 billion
Nigeria is 170 million
Do the maths

Common sense is a luxury
Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 02, 2016
totit:

Loooolx
Infact ibos na opportunity sef
Loolz grin

Kilode.
Ibo land sef sef need opportunity lipsrsealed
E dey pepper you for body?

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by MrEverest(m): 1:41pm On Apr 02, 2016
AmuDimpka:

Niwbtge truth is coming out Oshogbo man...why don't you guys change the roofs
You & Scoleman are giving these ofenmanu people serious thrashing & I cant stop laughing! Those guys are largely poor & averse to change. Globally as time pass & humans evolve economically, old buildings are pulled down or renovated to new ones for better aesthetics except when they are being preserved as museums or relics but in the waste, they keep holding on to eye sore red roofs & mud houses in their so called cities, atimes I wonder if they want to convert their cities to UN world heritage sites! Here in the East, even Brazilian styled pre independence storey buildings are being demolished for more modern buildings.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by AmuDimpka: 1:41pm On Apr 02, 2016
Aigbofa:

They come to seek opportunities that already there. They came in Ekenedili Chukwu and they will only go home until they buy at least one small tokunbo. It is what it is bro.

They came to tap from your docility,ineptitude and lack of foresight in economic terrain...they plough back the profit home....this Christmas Lagos was like a ghost town .the movers and shakers have all gone East ..to plough back all they made in Lagos

That's economic expansion

Go to ojota you will see Oshogbo bus ..you can go back

Every Yoruba man forming Lagos man

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 02, 2016
Aigbofa:

They come to seek opportunities that already there.
See how you are contradicting yourself.

If the opportunities are there, then why are Yoruba people escaping to the UK?

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by scoleman: 1:41pm On Apr 02, 2016
Aigbofa:

I've explained this to you yet you keep arguing about it. During the war, an American diplomat once called the igbos the wondering Jews of West Africa because of their documented migratory behavior, also do you know why southern Cameroon choose to be in the present day Cameroon? It is because during the colonization/British occupation, igbos migrated there and they dominated every aspect of the sector in that region and this lead to hatred and distrust, they even said that the igbos would end up taking over everything and even their land if they end up being nigerians and these suspicions came about because of the domineering character of the individual igboman. So they voted to be with cameroon while northern cameroons ( present day north) voted to be with nigeria. So now tell me if these were documented migratory patterns/attitudes of the igboman even before Lagos became what she is today, why do you think it is different now?

Below is my previous response to you, go thru it, you will find the answers you are looking for since you think there are lesser opportunities in the East.

"One thing you must know about the igbos is that we are migrants, we travel to look for opportunities else where, one geographical space is never enough for the igbos, we all are the same in terms of business acumen and hardwork so we tend to seek opportunities outside where you can find less igbos, meaning there is less competition. Don't tell me igbos troop to Lagos alone FYI, there are over 6-8million igbos in diaspora and we contribute largely to the international remittance Nigeria receive.

Don't think there are better opportunities in other places than Igboland, If i may ask, where is the biggest market in Africa ? Is it not in ABA, I've not even added Onitsha, nnewi and the rest. Igbos love competition, but they don't like competing amongst themselves so they travel to other areas where there are lesser Igbo competitors. That is what you call business intelligence
."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by totit: 1:43pm On Apr 02, 2016
imhotep:

E dey pepper you for body?

grin
Guy walai you be comedian..
The way you people yap at times makes one wonder if you people are just being funny.

How can what doesn't exist pain me.
Imaoooooo cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 02, 2016
AmuDimpka:

It's you that have comprehension issues ....okay who gave you the statistics and data if the travel that more Nigerians are in China ....I want to get data ..the travel data

Now China is 1.6 billion
Nigeria is 170 million
Do the maths

Common sense is a luxury

There you go again trying to twist what is so obvious. I have been on an Ethiopian Airlines flight from Addis Ababa where 90 percent of the passengers were ibos coming from China without a single Chinese on board coming to Nigeria, that is just my personal observation.
The hard facts are there if you care to know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by AmuDimpka: 1:45pm On Apr 02, 2016
MrEverest:
You & Scoleman are giving these ofenmanu people serious thrashing & I cant stop laughing! Those guys are largely poor & averse to change. Globally as time pass & humans evolve economically, old buildings are pulled down or renovated to new ones for better aesthetics except when they are being preserved as museums or relics but in the waste, they keep holding on to eye sore red roofs & mud houses in their so called cities, atimes I wonder if they want to convert their cities to UN world heritage sites! Here in the East, even Brazilian styled pre independence storey buildings are being demolished for more modern buildings.

Most Yoruba town or 90% of Yoruba towns are more than museum they are eye sore and in ruins they have gone past rehabilitation.. If you have been to challenge or Oshogbo it will look as if you are in time travel where you have been tele ported back in times to 1922 ..it's that bad ..if you think that you can't turn the hands of time ..you are mistaken ..go to Ibadan, Oshogbo and okutipupa with ilesan you will know that you have the ability to turn the hands of time seamlessly

Don't worry I will show you pictures ..you know their lies are superb but we have shown how far they can lie

Remember their lies are sophisticated sobyou must be able to decipher it

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 02, 2016
totit:

grin
Guy walai you be comedian..
The way you people yap at times makes one wonder if you people are just being funny.

How can what doesn't exist pain me.
Imaoooooo cheesy
so you love me. grin grin
Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 1:47pm On Apr 02, 2016
imhotep:

See how you are contradicting yourself.

If the opportunities are there, then why are Yoruba people escaping to the UK?

Jesus Christ! Did you go to school at all? And you are supposed to be a member of a superior race!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fayose Carries Kid In NYSC Outfit, Inspects Guard Of Honour (Photos) / Army Retires Generals, Colonels And A Major over Defence Contracts / Nigeria Is Negotiable, Say Soyinka, Dickson, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.