Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,766 members, 7,941,892 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 03:17 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (316) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (832761 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollarmani: 1:59pm On Jan 11, 2008
Insurance seems to have recovered. The bleeding has stopped

http://www.nigeriansecurities.com/dailyposition.php

Does any of you have their portfolio with NS Portfolio Expert, i noticed they have been doing a lot of work on their NS Portfolio Expert. I logged into my portfolio and i saw this bonus feature that allows me to apply bonus issues to my portfolio easily and calculate my true profit and loss factoring capital gains , bonus issues and maybe later dividends.

Kudos to those guys.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 2:01pm On Jan 11, 2008
easimoni & samstone4

thx, clearer indeed.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lawalidowu(m): 2:02pm On Jan 11, 2008
@pumping/easi/wanajo

why has AP gained over 5% today?

is oceanic price not reasonable to enter now? lost some 25% straight.
if it goes as low as 25, very teasing innit!

WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO TRANSCORP NOW?

all sentiments aside, do you guy think it can go much lower? i mean line 2.5?
that will be some 60% loss from the PO price.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 2:11pm On Jan 11, 2008
Ahh prices are looking great, so many good opportunities are kicking in, love it grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 2:24pm On Jan 11, 2008
lawalidowu:

@pumping/easi/wanajo

why has AP gained over 5% today?

is oceanic price not reasonable to enter now? lost some 25% straight.
if it goes as low as 25, very teasing innit!

WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO TRANSCORP NOW?

all sentiments aside, do you guy think it can go much lower? i mean line 2.5?
that will be some 60% loss from the PO price.

Better not speculate with Transcorp,untill the air is clear.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 2:26pm On Jan 11, 2008
@ All,

When Dangote go pay us our money from PO.

When Aig/Access go pay our money from PO.

Any answers because I wan take my money put inside better stock.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BOUS: 2:37pm On Jan 11, 2008
Published in the papers that returned monies for dangote flour will be posted effective 14th jan[ monday]. While cscs accounts will be credited not later than jan25.

Access bank allottment was published in financial standard some days back and it was stated that returned monies will be posted effective jan 11th[today] -- wema registrars.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by walcolm(m): 2:43pm On Jan 11, 2008
can anybody point me to the access bank allotment break down pls. been trying to find it without luck on earlier pages

thanx
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nzemillion: 2:50pm On Jan 11, 2008
@Windywendy, pls what´s ur thougth about AG leventis? DO you think it´s a good buy, ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:52pm On Jan 11, 2008
walcolm:

can anybody point me to the access bank allotment break down please. been trying to find it without luck on earlier pages

thanx

I megauploaded the Access Bank allotment here,

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2DY0H1ZB
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 2:53pm On Jan 11, 2008
@ All,

PHB, strong buy based on the result.

Happy hunting for it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:12pm On Jan 11, 2008
ololufemi:

@ All,

Happy hunting for it.

The forecast in the PO prospectus was 16B+ so I feel this just meets expectations.

Of course this result can still prompt even further interest in the stock and getting it while on TS now will be near impossible since TS will be over soon.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 3:17pm On Jan 11, 2008
ololufemi:

@ All,

Happy hunting for it.
Bros you are just after you profit  from PHB no doubt. Am 119,650 units strong in that baby, but still small juju for the silent readers and the likes of Wanajo.
@Father of 2
just read you post. thanks for looking out for a brother.
totally loyal. give me your enemy dem address, i go deal with anybody. cool cool cool
Am thinking with the result of PHB after this initial profit taking rally. when the price drops it might be a good candidtate to reenter while awaiting more results as the PO shares will not be listed for a while. If oceanic should hit 25, i think it is another must enter for the medium term.
@all
Like ololufemi said, go and buy PHB grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by walcolm(m): 3:17pm On Jan 11, 2008
thanx pumping
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 3:24pm On Jan 11, 2008
UBA Global Markets sent me this on Access

Access Bank Plc: H1 results to September 2007

Access Bank’s H1 financial performance shows a triple digit growth in topline and net profits… The results, for the (April – September ’07) period, revealed a 106.5% (YoY) growth in gross earnings to N23.4bn, while both profit before tax (PBT) and profit after tax (PAT) rose by 126.5% to N7bn and N4.76bn respectively. Consequently, the bank’s H1 earnings per share (adjusted) increased to N0.29 from N0.13.

… but, falls short of management estimates. In our analysis of the results, we observed that the bank’s current run rate suggests an average profit per quarter of c. N2.4bn, which falls short of the estimated N3.8bn. In its 2007 offer prospectus, the bank had estimated a PAT of N15.058bn for FY08 in the event of a 25% oversubscription of its public offer, which translates to an average profit per quarter of N3.8bn.

The result implies a decline in QoQ profit margins. Despite growing gross earnings by 11% to N12.3bn in Q2 (Q1: N11.1bn), net profits declined by 46.1% to N1.66bn (Q1: N3.08bn). As a result, post-tax profit margin dropped by 76 basis points from 27.9% in Q1 to 20.3% in Q2. The slower growth heightens our concern that projections made by management during its last public offering may no longer be tenable.

Access Bank recently announced a 341% subscription of its public offer while subsequent allotment increased shares outstanding to 16.1bn. Following regulatory approval, Access Bank made a supplementary allotment of 4.44bn shares in addition to the 4.72bn originally offered in the bank’s last public offer. This increased total shares outstanding to 16.142bn. Meanwhile, a further increase in shares outstanding is anticipated in view of the bank’s convertible loan agreements and convertible bond in issue which are expected to be converted in FY08 and FY09.

We anticipate stronger growth in subsequent quarters. Historically, most Nigerian Banks (including Access) report better operational performance in H2 Therefore, we expect Access’ H2 results to surpass its H1 performance. In addition, we believe its recent pan-African growth drive (subsidiaries in Sierra Leone and The Gambia) and aggressive retail banking strategy would enable it achieve full year gross earnings, PAT and EPS of N51bn, N12.12bn and N0.75 respectively.

In our valuation of Access Bank, we estimate a fair value of N25.20 in the medium term. Meanwhile, the stock currently trades at 29.9x its 2008 earnings and 2.3x its 2007 book values.

(see the attached note for more details) Uploaded the PDF

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:32pm On Jan 11, 2008
kpineo:

Bros you are just after you profit  from PHB no doubt. Am 119,650 units strong in that baby, but still small juju for the silent readers and the likes of Wanajo.
@Father of 2
totally loyal. give me your enemy them address, i go deal with anybody. cool cool cool
Am thinking with the result of PHB after this initial profit taking rally. when the price drops it might be a good candidtate to reenter while awaiting more results as the PO shares will not be listed for a while. If oceanic should hit 25, i think it is another must enter for the medium term.
@all

As all of us don strategize for this Bank PHB post TS, I hope we will find folks that are going to buy o grin grin grin If na to bring them come from moon, it must happen!!

Somehow I don't see Oceanic dropping to N25 but nothing surprises moi on the NSE. That will be juicy; short, medium or long term.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 3:34pm On Jan 11, 2008
@kpineo
please update us with the daily bid and offer positions.
and have got the PHB recently declared bonus cert and dividen?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 3:37pm On Jan 11, 2008
BANK PHB PLC HALF YEAR RESULT FOR THE PERIOD ENDED 31 DECEMBER 2007
2007 2006 CHANGE % CHANGE
N'b N'b N'b %
GROSS EARNINGS 33.542 11.351 22.191 195.50
PBT 10.844 2.609 8.235 315.64
TAXATION 2.396 - 0.577 -1.819 -315.25
PAT 8.448 2.032 6.416 315.75

AFRIBANK NIGERIA PLC UNAUDITED THIRD QUARTER RESULT FOR THE PERIOD ENDED 31 DECEMBER 2007
2007 2006 CHANGE % CHANGE
N'b N'b N'b %
GROSS EARNINGS 29.314 14.673 14.641 99.78
PBT 11.040 3.598 7.442 206.84
TAXATION 3.529 - 1.150 -2.379 -206.87
PAT 7.511 2.448 5.063 206.82

Happy day for PHB shareholders - (Disclosure, i do not have any)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:38pm On Jan 11, 2008
kpineo:

Bros you are just after you profit  from PHB no doubt. Am 119,650 units strong in that baby, but still small juju for the silent readers and the likes of Wanajo.
@Father of 2
totally loyal. give me your enemy them address, i go deal with anybody. cool cool cool
@all

Kai you're a moving bag of money too.You beat me with N50k on that one.
I tried getting it a week before christmas,couldn't like ololufemi.Had to get some Zenith before it was too late.(People adopted the strategy fast)
But when i saw the bid/offer list that christmas week,i went for the assualt on PHB.
Now its getting to the time to smile to greet my bank manager again.I'm greeting him every week now.
Over N1bn worth of transactions occured on PHB today alone  shocked MASSIVE :owithin few deals while on TS.Even higher than my FCMB indicator.

@ Roughcut
Glad to know you got some PHB too.More groundnut oil to your elbows.

I can see the space shuttle UBA wen dem say meteorite smash out of the earth yesterday,gravity don dey draw am come back to planet earth.

Have to rush back to management meeting again.Will be back online this evening.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 3:41pm On Jan 11, 2008
@father of 2
i like the dedication to this forum

@hbrednic
the email never land yet

@pumping777
one must wish for the best. but with the way boys are eargerly awating certificates, bros anything can happen.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by alliednetw(m): 3:43pm On Jan 11, 2008
[quote][/quote]When Dangote go pay us our money from PO.

When Aig/Access go pay our money from PO.

Any answers because I wan take my money put inside better stock.

They will start mailing the warrants from 14th jan
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:49pm On Jan 11, 2008
kpineo:

@pumping777
one must wish for the best. but with the way boys are eargerly awating certificates, bros anything can happen.

I feel you on this one. 2 more major drops will land the stock in the basement. I don set up tent there with a make-shift on the ground floor in case the elavator go jam for there  grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:53pm On Jan 11, 2008
pumping777:

The forecast in the PO prospectus was 16B+ so I feel this just meets expectations.

Of course this result can still prompt even further interest in the stock and getting it while on TS now will be near impossible since TS will be over soon.

All PHB traders, make sure you get out soon (per Fo2's usual advice). The PO is sure to be oversubscribed and even though the profit forecast will be met/exceeded, expect the EPS to drop in a few months.

Was that Acron PP a joke or what? I thought they had misplaced the decimals in the profit forecast. 3,000+% increase in PAT in the current fiscal year.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:54pm On Jan 11, 2008
@easimoni - no word back on the Deap Capital query from yesterday. As predicted the stock made a rebound today with 5% gain. My bid was too low and I missed it yesterday angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 4:03pm On Jan 11, 2008
@ TeeHay,wanaj0 and all nairalanders,please does anybody know if allotments for union diagnostics PP have been concluded
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tommyt(m): 4:29pm On Jan 11, 2008
tommy t:

i wish every body in this tread a blissful, prosperious and bullish 2008
please i need help on aptistock i try to follow pumpin insrtuctions in page 297 but is not working 4 me at all,
i can't even locate NIGERIA NSE on it
can sombody help a brother out here and give me step to step on how to do it
or refer me to were i can read more about it,

@ all
am still waiting for 4 reply o
pumpin777 and all the guru in the house help me out o!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 4:30pm On Jan 11, 2008
@all
What is the total number of outstanding shares for both Zenith and Oceanic? Based on Zenith H2 results and Oceanic Q1 results, they seem to be at par in terms of performance with Oceanic actually growing faster. So i believe it might be down to total number of outstanding shares post PO. Shareholders funds, balance sheet and ROA would also play a part in my final decision. Awaiting figures?
PS. Oceanic has consistenly delighted investors with bonus share, though i don't think they can afford to do that this FY.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:30pm On Jan 11, 2008
pumping777:

@easimoni - no word back on the Deap Capital query from yesterday. As predicted the stock made a rebound today with 5% gain. My bid was too low and I missed it yesterday angry

Sorry, meant to answer your question but got busy. The SEC website indicates DEAP was slightly oversubcribed (20% of the PO, 2% of the rights) and alloted. 1B shares b4 the PO, 569M shares alloted, total is now 1.57B. PAT projection from the prospectus is 300M so the forward EPS is ~20K. I won't buy above N3.50 unless I'm trading completely on momentum.

It's similar to Ikeja Hotels, but that had better fundamentals.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 4:31pm On Jan 11, 2008
Just looking at the results today, I knew the Bulls would rise on Friday from my little post on Wednesday after enough Reds- defiling the Gurus Thursday/Friday downward slope, just for this week though.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:36pm On Jan 11, 2008
tommy t:

@ all
am still waiting for 4 reply o
pumpin777 and all the guru in the house help me out o!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-103844.0.html

A thread devoted to Aptistock
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 4:41pm On Jan 11, 2008
@ kpineo

oceanic is 22,222,793,603
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oxfordkid(m): 4:42pm On Jan 11, 2008
FatherOF2:

Kai you're a moving bag of money too.You beat me with N50k on that one.
I tried getting it a week before christmas,couldn't like ololufemi.Had to get some Zenith before it was too late.(People adopted the strategy fast)
But when i saw the bid/offer list that christmas week,i went for the assualt on PHB.
Now its getting to the time to smile to greet my bank manager again.I'm greeting him every week now.
Over N1bn worth of transactions occured on PHB today alone  shocked MASSIVE :owithin few deals while on TS.Even higher than my FCMB indicator.

@ Roughcut
Glad to know you got some PHB too.More groundnut oil to your elbows.

I can see the space shuttle UBA when them say meteorite smash out of the earth yesterday,gravity don dey draw am come back to planet earth.

Have to rush back to management meeting again.Will be back online this evening.

that's why you be father of not only two BUT [b][/b]ALL

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.