Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,800 members, 7,915,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 07:55 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (828776 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:14am On Jan 23, 2008
tommy t:

pumping777,  @Father of 2, easimoni
please which can you put your money on this week between japoul and ikeja hotel at there present price,
considering short term, let say 10% in 1month or 6weeks.

baba of2 good morning hope u are not missing olufunmi too much o!
abi na him dey take care of the engine inside PHBJET, or na too much money no make am show him face again

Like I said yesterday, if you did not buy the Japaul Cinema ticket as adviced last week, you missed the film show. It is now at a price that profit taking is already very attractive even for someone that bought last week. It may not cool down because of the bonus rumour but I will consider that too much of a risk.

Ikeja Hotel is solid at a limit price of N6.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by afamako: 10:43am On Jan 23, 2008
@Pumping
Like I said yesterday, if you did not buy the Japaul Cinema ticket as adviced last week, you missed the film show. It is now at a price that profit taking is already very attractive even for someone that bought last week. It may not cool down because of the bonus rumour but I will consider that too much of a risk.

Can you please confirm Ikeja's outstanding is 1.73b shares?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by afamako: 10:46am On Jan 23, 2008
@Windywendy, Wanaj0

Thanks for the indepth analysis of MTNN. It goes a long way in making that decision
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tommyt(m): 10:47am On Jan 23, 2008
FatherOF2:

Ah i'll pick Ikeja oh. Japaul is way too high now for short term.

Thanks baba ke u are too much, ride on baba
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:49am On Jan 23, 2008
afamako:

@Pumping
Can you please confirm Ikeja's outstanding is 1.73b shares?

Correct.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tommyt(m): 10:51am On Jan 23, 2008
afamako:

@Samstone

Make fear catch them!
pumping777:

pumping777:

Thanks and God bless
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Guk: 11:44am On Jan 23, 2008
Goodday Nairalanders,

Did anyone participate in Eterna Oil Rights Issue mid 2007?
If yes, has you Rights Issue being credited to your CSCS account?
If yes, when pls?
My broker seems to be posting me on this pticular one and am not happy.

Regards
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Etin(f): 12:33pm On Jan 23, 2008
@Windywendy & Wanaj0

Thanks for your analysis on MTN. Please have you any details (apart for what is on proshareng http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_articles.php?id=1380) on how to participate in the offer?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by toskin: 12:38pm On Jan 23, 2008
@y yodiyokun
Congratulations on the successful outing in your exams.I guess after the last leg,u shall invite us for merry-merry.All expenses paid from your "U KNOW WHAT" account.

@ father of 2,pumping, easimoni
please a friend asked me for an advice on what 2 buy tomorrow /friday.she wants to spend 500k.i told her i will consult my oracles.
guess who are the Oracles---  ALL NAIRALANDERS.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by toskin: 12:43pm On Jan 23, 2008
@y yodiyokun
Congratulations on the successful outing in your exams.I guess after the last leg,u shall invite us for merry-merry.All expenses paid from your "U KNOW WHAT" account.

@ father of 2,pumping, easimoni
please a friend asked me for an advice on what 2 buy tomorrow /friday.she wants to spend 500k.i told her i will consult my oracles.
guess who are the Oracles---  ALL NAIRALANDERS.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 12:50pm On Jan 23, 2008
Hey guys, i got this in my box after 11pm last night. somewhat concerning to say the least no?

First it was the usual denial and corporate communication of an annual leave that has now been confirmed as a compulsory leave involving both the bank’s Group Managing Director, Mr. Adebisi Omoyeni and Head of Financial Control, Mrs. Yinka Onifade, with effect from Friday.

Indications have now emerged that the Central Bank of Nigeria may constitute an interim management board for Wema Bank have emerged, just as examiners from the apex bank and Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation began a forensic audit of the bank’s books on Tuesday.

CBN sources said that the comprehensive investigation into the bank’s financial affairs was being undertaken because the top management routinely denied both the CBN and the NDIC free access to information in previous examinations.

CBN sources said a top bank executive had been approached to take over as acting GMD while the audit lasted but did not want to give a name until the offer had been accepted.

Reliable industry sources, however, told the PUNCH correspondent on Tuesday that the CBN had invited the Executive Director, Risk and Management Control, First Bank of Nigeria Plc, Mr. Lamido Sanusi, to takeover the affairs of the bank.

Some of the issues in the examiners will look at, it was learnt, include the sale of Wema Bank shares previously held by the Odua Group; loans administration procedure; contracts award processes; purchase of official vehicles and a controversial housing grant awarded the GMD.

However, the Deputy Governor, Financial Sector Surveillance, CBN, Mr. Tunde Lemo insisted on Saturday that Wema Bank was healthy. - Punch

NB: The question is what should investors do in all this? If the bank is healthy, why make wholesome changes to a healthy bank? Send us your inside info on what you know about this developments.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kevyngbash(m): 12:51pm On Jan 23, 2008
big Father0f2

Thanks. You will remain the father.

I am happy with the appearance of tommy_t on the block in the absence of olufemi grin grin grin

Thanks again for the touch you have added to this thread.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 1:05pm On Jan 23, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 1:13pm On Jan 23, 2008
Even though AIRPHB is not gaining altitude, it isn't losing much either. This is a good sign for better things to come. Am holding on to mine for now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 1:27pm On Jan 23, 2008
@

DANGFLOUR

I applied for 4 different family members (wife, son, daughter) but with same surname and will receive returned money. I presume that the cheque will be sent in these names, does anyone know how I can claim these money. Does it makes it more difficult as I no dey ground.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Guk: 1:29pm On Jan 23, 2008
People,

With all the hullabaloo on WEMA Bank, how much is it best to sell off NOW!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:33pm On Jan 23, 2008
Guk:

People,

With all the hullabaloo on WEMA Bank, how much is it best to sell off NOW!!!

Hmmnnn if you are able to sell let me know. Its on TS and there are about 38M units of that stock on offer and with all the shenanigans going on it has made a difficult job more difficult! don't know how you can shift what you have now but in case you do let me know sha
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 1:38pm On Jan 23, 2008
bigjay01:

@

DANGFLOUR

I applied for 4 different family members wife, son, daughter (but same surname) and will receive returned money. I presume that the cheque will be sent in these names, does anyone know how I can claim these money. Does it makes it more difficult as I no dey ground.

Hi bigjay01,  
That was an interesting question.  Thought you would have sought the answer before taking the steps in the first place.  This is an open forum.  It is open not because we cannot make our questions intelligent enough.  Freetown doesn't mean "everything" is free in that town! You may wish to read back some clusters of metres to get the answer already given on this thread to the your puzzle!  May we keep the threads short by thinking through our contributions.  Just my 1kobo candid advice!  Sometimes these, unlike in recent past, I read through multiple threads without getting any "meat" to chew!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oshkosh(m): 1:38pm On Jan 23, 2008
Even though AIRPHB is not gaining altitude, it isn't losing much either. This is a good sign for better things to come. Am holding on to mine for now.

You consider a loss of almost 5% as not lossing much attitude? I think this is a sudden loss of cabin pressure caused by panic selling. As I pointed out yesterday, the slight loss of mememtum was going to encourage profit takers to deploy parachute rather than oxygen masks.  lipsrsealed.  Abeg jare make turbulence hammer this boeing 737 make e loose altitude by another 5%. I sold at N32 yesterday and will be very happy to cycle back in on Friday if it drops another 5%.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 1:52pm On Jan 23, 2008
Mr. Risky:

Hi bigjay01, 
That was an interesting question.  Thought you would have sought the answer before taking the steps in the first place.  This is an open forum.  It is open not because we cannot make our questions intelligent enough.  Freetown doesn't mean "everything" is free in that town! You may wish to read back some clusters of metres to get the answer already given on this thread to the your puzzle!  May we keep the threads short by thinking through our contributions.  Just my 1kobo candid advice!  Sometimes these, unlike in recent past, I read through multiple threads without getting any "meat" to chew!

Thank you sir for all your efforts and answer to my stupid (and daft) question. If a cheque is sent in the name of Mrs X, can I easily pay it in2 d acct of Mr X. Does anyone have any tips for me please.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 1:57pm On Jan 23, 2008
oshkosh:

You consider a loss of almost 5% as not loosing much? The point as I pointed out yesterday is that the slight loss was likely to trigger panic selling which we've seen today. I sold at N32 yesterday and will cycle back in on Friday if it drops another 5%.

The loss today is significant. More than I expected.

On the other hand, I still think I will sell above N32 before you are able to CICO on this one.grin grin By now most traders have sold and I have to look for good support of the stock price from the fundamentalists.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 1:57pm On Jan 23, 2008
@bigjay01  and Mr Risky

abeg make una no kill me with laughter grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 1:59pm On Jan 23, 2008
bigjay01:

Thank you sir for all your efforts and answer to my stupid (and daft) question. If a cheque is sent in the name of Mrs X, can I easily pay it in2 d acct of Mr X. Does anyone have any tips for me please.

Open a Nigerian bank account in each name and lodge the respective cheques.

If they are all in the same surname, depending on the bank, you may be able to lodge in the cheques to one account but I know most banks will not allow this.

Good luck.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oshkosh(m): 2:03pm On Jan 23, 2008
Open a Nigerian bank account in each name and lodge the respective cheques.

To open a bank account, you need id's in those names. If those names where made up, then bro you gats a major dilema on ya hands. With the thatcher allocation wey Aliko dish out, I doubt it has all been worth the trouble.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:05pm On Jan 23, 2008
Mr. Risky:

Hi bigjay01,  
That was an interesting question.  Thought you would have sought the answer before taking the steps in the first place.  This is an open forum.  It is open not because we cannot make our questions intelligent enough.  Freetown doesn't mean "everything" is free in that town! You may wish to read back some clusters of metres to get the answer already given on this thread to the your puzzle!  May we keep the threads short by thinking through our contributions.  Just my 1kobo candid advice!  Sometimes these, unlike in recent past, I read through multiple threads without getting any "meat" to chew!

You sabi the man before ?

I think "Questioners" are very valued contributors to this thread. The answers become benefitial to others that never even thought about the question.

Oya, make you give the man you own answer kia kia. I know say you dey buy PO with 25 names and you dey arrange yourself grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ebony9ja(m): 2:14pm On Jan 23, 2008
Nairalanders,

anyone with today's bid/offer positions?

The one on fidelityunionsecng.com has not been updated? its thesame as yesterday's though the stock price list is current. Thats the only free view I can see for now? If you know website/s that give free bid/offer position, please let us know.

Happy investing,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by richieade(m): 2:18pm On Jan 23, 2008
My brother, I de the same boat o!!!
bigjay01:

@

DANGFLOUR

I applied for 4 different family members (wife, son, daughter) but with same surname and will receive returned money. I presume that the cheque will be sent in these names, does anyone know how I can claim these money. Does it makes it more difficult as I no dey ground.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oshkosh(m): 2:21pm On Jan 23, 2008
anyone with today's bid/offer positions?

Make you wait make dust settle small,  bid / offer position dey on e way. cool

BTW, looks like Skye Bank have become scarce walahi,  My feefle for this channel no
dey take eye see better thing.

Na to load up some more on UBA. I think say February go be month for UBA and Zenith.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Etin(f): 2:21pm On Jan 23, 2008
pumping777:

I think "Questioners" are very valued contributors to this thread. The answers become benefitial to others that never even thought about the question.

Oya, make you give the man you own answer kia kia. I know say you dey buy PO with 25 names and you dey arrange yourself grin grin grin

@pumping777

Thank you for addressing this I was just about to ask why the rudeness it was absolutely uncalled for.

@bigjay01
To add to other contributions maybe a joint account for all the parties might be a long term solution if you plans to participate in more offers. Goodluck
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 2:22pm On Jan 23, 2008
pumping777:

Pumping, thanks a lot. I wanted to know if there is away of going round it (opening a new A/C 4 son & daughter especially)

Honestly I can't find anything so stupid or dippy or daft with my question. Anyway 'Mr Risky' has told me everything I need to know about him
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 2:25pm On Jan 23, 2008
richieade:

My brother, I de the same boat o!!!

Abeg, if u get any solution make we share am jare.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by evergie(m): 2:29pm On Jan 23, 2008
Whats guys take on japaul? i have this feelings that its ripe enough.
Please your opinions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.