Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,762 members, 7,882,625 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 10:25 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (823101 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 11:53pm On Aug 02, 2007
@ the guru's in the house

When is the IPO of Japauloil? Or is it out already?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 12:36am On Aug 03, 2007
@ Rob-roy, the companies listed on the stock exchange have different year-end dates. You can find each company's year-end by going to the stock exchange website and searching for the company you are interested in.

@ CrazyT, Japaul's IPO is not yet out. Should be any day now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Robroy: 1:43am On Aug 03, 2007
@easimoni
Thanks!!
Hey should I invest more in Access or FCMB? I have about 270k. What prices are good to buy GTB, Zenith and Oceanic for long term?
Thanks again
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by toyibanj(m): 4:20am On Aug 03, 2007
Access is not available on the floor. If you talking about Public Offer, then Access is still my pick. Lower P/E ratio and higher EPS. GTB and Oceanic are good now. Enter zenith after the mark-down for the bonus.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Robroy: 4:30am On Aug 03, 2007
Thanks Toyibanj!
What's ur take on the SKYE REIT situation? is it worth looking into?
Please give me your recommended stable stocks for 2009. I dont want to get pulled by all the hype and get stocks that will disappear like dew in a hot sun once a bearish trend starts. i am looking at GTB, Zenith ( when it comes down), WAPCO, CAP, EVANS, COSTAIN, IBTC, FBN, DSR, GROMMAC, UACN, UNILEVER, JOHN HOLT and some others. Can you add any more juicy ones i am overlooking?
Also, it looks like the insurance sector might be the next area to undergo recapitalization. Should I stick with old/known insurance coys like IGI, AIICO, UNIC, or look at the newer crop?
Thanks in advance
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stocktips(m): 11:47am On Aug 03, 2007
HELLO,

I WAS INVITED HERE BY A FRIEND TO GIVE MY KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE STOCK MARKET FOR FREE. IS THERE ANYTHING CONCERNING THE NIGERIAN STOCK MARKET THAT YOU WANT TO KNOW? DO NOT HESITATE TO SEND YOUR QUESTION(S ) TO : thundergoldinvestments@yahoo.com

I SHALL BE MORE THAN WILLING TO HELP. SEE YOU THERE: WHERE YOU WANT TO BE!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 12:34pm On Aug 03, 2007
stocktips:

HELLO,

I WAS INVITED HERE BY A FRIEND TO GIVE MY KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE STOCK MARKET FOR FREE. IS THERE ANYTHING CONCERNING THE NIGERIAN STOCK MARKET THAT YOU WANT TO KNOW? DO NOT HESITATE TO SEND YOUR QUESTION(S ) TO : thundergoldinvestments@yahoo.com

I SHALL BE MORE THAN WILLING TO HELP. SEE YOU THERE: WHERE YOU WANT TO BE!

You are welcome , though i think you would do much better if you would answer our questions right here on the forum , if you read through the pages you would see questions that someone else may not have answered or have not given the right answer , you can correct and start from their , once again you are welcome .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by obasanjo2(m): 12:55pm On Aug 03, 2007
Good day people,

I bought Zenith bank shares last year and I've my share certificate but I've not registered it with CSCS yet. Please how does this affect my chances of getting my bonus (as recently declared) and other benefits? How do I go about registering it? Where and How do I do that? Please fill me in pals. And pls keep up the good work!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 1:20pm On Aug 03, 2007
obasanjo2:

Good day people,

I bought Zenith bank shares last year and I've my share certificate but I've not registered it with CSCS yet. Please how does this affect my chances of getting my bonus (as recently declared) and other benefits? How do I go about registering it? Where and How do I do that? Please fill me in pals. And please keep up the good work!
@obasanjo2
The fact that you have not lodged in your Zenith bank certificate into your cscs account will not affect your dividend and bonus you are entitled to. The only thing is that you can't sell the shares until you lodge it in. If you want to lodge it in, all you have to do is to go to your stock broker(this is assuming you already have one) and give them your certificate, collect your receipt from them and tell them to lodge it into your account. Thats all
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ov: 1:26pm On Aug 03, 2007
people abeg o. wats this stock business about n how does one start? i've always wanted to go into it. PLS CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 1:40pm On Aug 03, 2007
One of the reasons why firstbank stock has been gaining everyday now is cos investors want to gain from the dividends and the closing date for the payment is 20th of august , now what happens after that date , would it somehow slow down the upsurge that firsbank has been enjoying in the past few weeks ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by otokx(m): 1:49pm On Aug 03, 2007
first thing is get 50k and sign on to a stock broker.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by senetee(m): 2:00pm On Aug 03, 2007
Nice work everyone on this thread.

Has anyone noticed the continuous rise in the price of Afribank shares?
Could anyone tell us what is driving this recent impressive rise?

Merci
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 2:14pm On Aug 03, 2007
otokx:

first thing is get 50k and sign on to a stock broker.

thats would depend on the brokerage firm too, as some of them have minimum amount to accept which is above 50k .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 2:37pm On Aug 03, 2007
Guys,

Apart from Access, which other company is on offer presently, or which other one is coming out before the end of the year?

Anyone hear anything about UBA share certificate? I wonder how long it will take to get it out?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cezar10: 2:58pm On Aug 03, 2007
I will like to get the full details of what happens in the Nigerian stock market since I am new in stocks and its related.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 5:54pm On Aug 03, 2007
senetee:

Has anyone noticed the continuous rise in the price of Afribank shares?
Could anyone tell us what is driving this recent impressive rise?

Afribank was on suspension for a very long time. The stock is playing catch-up. The YE results just came out today and showed a PAT = 5.1B. This dropped the PE to a respectable 26. the growth % was also good. Certainly a stock to watch.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 5:58pm On Aug 03, 2007
yodiyokun:

Guys,

Apart from Access, which other company is on offer presently, or which other one is coming out before the end of the year?

Fidelity Bank, Dangote Flour, AP, Japual, FCMB, Skye Bank will all be coming to the market shortly. I think NAHCO may already be there.

http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_news_category.php?recpos=1&id=15
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Mongue(m): 8:41pm On Aug 03, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can anybody tell me what has happened to JULIUS BERGER shares today.

My online broking account is no longer showing them on my portfolio and i can't find them listed on any report of todays market

Anyone know why this has happened? I can find no explanation anywhere,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 9:01pm On Aug 03, 2007
Hello. During the time of the mad rush for penny stocks and insurance stocks. I made a silly mistake and sold some of my blue chip stocks to buy stocks like.

Crusader, NEM, Mbenefit, Dangote Sugar, Lasaco, UACN, NAHCO, RTBRISCOE. Even though I only bought small amounts in each of this stocks. the collective loss is bombarding me and I have not gained anything off them so far.

Right now, Im frustrated and would like to get your honest opinion on which stocks I could hold and which I could sell. I have lost up to 30% on Crusader, NEM and Dangote (bought at N55 (some stockbrokers are wicked)).

Please help before all this stocks enter N0 each. Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by AtamMan(m): 9:26pm On Aug 03, 2007
ty_ademolu:

Hello. During the time of the mad rush for penny stocks and insurance stocks. I made a silly mistake and sold some of my blue chip stocks to buy stocks like.

Crusader, NEM, Mbenefit, Dangote Sugar, Lasaco, UACN, NAHCO, RTBRISCOE. Even though I only bought small amounts in each of this stocks. the collective loss is bombarding me and I have not gained anything off them so far.

Right now, I'm frustrated and would like to get your honest opinion on which stocks I could hold and which I could sell. I have lost up to 30% on Crusader, NEM and Dangote (bought at N55 (some stockbrokers are wicked)).

Please help before all this stocks enter N0 each. Thanks

Wicked eh? Some stockbrokers are outright personification of evil. I wanted NAHCO after the mark-down, a stockbroker bought for me @ N40. How do you explain that? I feel what you are saying man, I am still holding it. Why? Because I am not sure of what to do, I suppose the two of us are in the same boat right now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kingrd(m): 10:45pm On Aug 03, 2007
Channels TV 10 pm news tonight says bank rating per CBN are

3 banks poorly rated
10 banks excellent
12 banks satisfactory

CBN did not name banks in any of the categories. Any advice on where to put my money or buy which bank stocks?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jehosaphat: 1:50am On Aug 04, 2007
@ All the gurus in the House
I am interested in IGI insurance but they are not listed on the NSE, how do I go about purchasing their shares and other private companies? Does anyone know if they ended up buying/controlling NICON like they were planning to sometime back?

Also, what's the expert take on Dangote Flour? Some sources in Nigeria say he has quite a considerable piece of flour market share, but the leader in that group (Flour Mills) is seeking to diversify into Cement Prod. in Calabar. So, Dangote Flour+ Obajana Cement VS Flour Mills + Flour Mills cement, Long term analysis. Gurus please dont let this question be buried, I am sure some people can also gain from it too,
Thanks in advance.

We are missing frankiriri, dollypcute, windywendy and others, abi because dem don get investment club dem don dey shun person grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by otokx(m): 10:04am On Aug 04, 2007
I suspect First Inland bank, Sterling and Unity Banks to be the culprits and suggest that they be merged and then bought over by Ecobank or UBA.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dinvesta: 12:59pm On Aug 04, 2007
I bought IGI private placement last year. Nothing has being heard from them since then. This i believe is not being honest though i know they are one of the biggest insurance coy around. May there listing come soonest. Amen
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:34pm On Aug 04, 2007
jehosaphat:

We are missing frankiriri, dollypcute, windywendy and others, abi because them don get investment club them don dey shun person grin grin grin

I dey wonder too.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jehosaphat: 1:26am On Aug 05, 2007
Hello esteemed Nairalanders,
My uncle says there is a lack of dependable stockbrokers in Jos. Does any one have the knowledge to become a stock broker? I need NSE requirements for registration, estimated capital requirements, advertising suggestions, internet access required or not? ALSO, what are some pitfalls to look out for?? Crooks, areas one might lose money, etc. Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by riffy: 11:39am On Aug 05, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a site that could be of help http://www.zenithsecuritiesng.com/

You will always know the stocks that are performing, gainers and losers and more on daily basis.

KG, Thanks for this site , God bless you , i have first bank stock, it is just going up . i hear it will get to 100naira in few months time
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Robroy: 1:33pm On Aug 05, 2007
@ all?
Does anyone know if buying mutual funds from IBTC or ARM gives you a CSCS number? What if you move your existing shares/certificates to a stockbroker like Zenithsecurities? Do you get a CHN/CSCS number? thanks all
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Robroy: 3:06pm On Aug 05, 2007

Oga Bug,
wrong reply. Your answer should be directed at riffy. wetin concern me concern First Bank N100 price? Give me advice on penny stock if you wan give advice. grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:07pm On Aug 05, 2007
Rob-roy:

@ all?
Does anyone know if buying mutual funds from IBTC or ARM gives you a CSCS number? What if you move your existing shares/certificates to a stockbroker like Zenithsecurities? Do you get a CHN/CSCS number? thanks all

Buying mutual funds will not get you a CSCS number. You don't own any shares in a mutual fund, IBTC/ARM will hold them for you.

Dunno what a CHN number is, but you will get a CSCS number if you open an account with Zenith Sec. You'll need one to buy/sell on the secondary market.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Robroy: 3:09pm On Aug 05, 2007
Thanks easimoni!

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.