Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,610 members, 7,905,323 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 10:12 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (827320 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:55pm On Aug 05, 2007
ty_ademolu:

Hello. During the time of the mad rush for penny stocks and insurance stocks. I made a silly mistake and sold some of my blue chip stocks to buy stocks like.

Crusader, NEM, Mbenefit, Dangote Sugar, Lasaco, UACN, NAHCO, RTBRISCOE. Even though I only bought small amounts in each of this stocks. the collective loss is bombarding me and I have not gained anything off them so far.

Right now, I'm frustrated and would like to get your honest opinion on which stocks I could hold and which I could sell. I have lost up to 30% on Crusader, NEM and Dangote (bought at N55 (some stockbrokers are wicked)).

Please help before all this stocks enter N0 each. Thanks
Atam-Man:

Wicked eh? Some stockbrokers are outright personification of evil. I wanted NAHCO after the mark-down, a stockbroker bought for me @ N40. How do you explain that? I feel what you are saying man, I am still holding it. Why? Because I am not sure of what to do, I suppose the two of us are in the same boat right now.

I can't blame the brokers here. You placed an order which was executed for you.

Lesson, never accept the advice of a broker without you checking yourself. Note that whether you make a profit or not, the broker will make his money from commissions. 1.e he benefits from your joy or sorrow.

Also, never place an order without putting a price limit!!! You should not give a broker a blanket chewue to buy at whatever price!

So what made you to buy those stocks at those prices? Hype most likely.

I feel for you. However, I expect many more people to get their fingers burnt. Some only remember the bullish run on the NSE forgetting that first half of 2005 was very bearish!

The insurance sector is correcting the share prices. NAHCO is doing the same though still over priced!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by riffy: 3:31am On Aug 06, 2007
first bank is giving 1 for 6 bonus and 1naira, and the way it is going it may not get to 100 but it will get to 65-70 by the end of this year.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 6:54am On Aug 06, 2007
jehosaphat:

@ All the gurus in the House

We are missing frankiriri, dollypcute, windywendy and others, abi because them don get investment club them don dey shun person grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 6:57am On Aug 06, 2007
jehosaphat:

@ All the gurus in the House

We are missing frankiriri, dollypcute, windywendy and others, abi because them don get investment club them don dey shun person grin grin grin
Far from it. I have been a bit under the weather recently. I am just recovering . Work pressure has also been something else but I expect that now that year end pressure is over, I will be able to participate more
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 7:03am On Aug 06, 2007
Let us wait and see the prospectus before commenting further on the Dangote Flour issue.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 10:35am On Aug 06, 2007
@ easimoni, wanajo, frank et all.
do yall feel oceanic still has price appreciation potential this year, i know its undervalued but do u guys feel it can hit the 40 naira mark by the time its fye results are out
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oshkosh(m): 11:02am On Aug 06, 2007
Oceanic will certainly hit 35 by September end, and likely beyond. There'll likely be a bonus issue - maybe 1 for 6, so expect a rally around this time.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 11:10am On Aug 06, 2007
oshkosh, thanks for the quick reply. grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by fineass: 11:22am On Aug 06, 2007
@frankiriri Welcome Back Sir i hope u feeling much stronger though. Peace cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by krisbobo(m): 12:19pm On Aug 06, 2007
HI all, please am in need of a quick answer: does anyone know about the reputation of Sterling Assets Management Trust Limited? I am about to do some fund management business with them and i need to know about their reputation: can they perform? are they good? or should I vamoooooze?

pls i need replies quickly!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by naijaking1: 3:13pm On Aug 06, 2007
@frankiriri

welcome back sir. we can't afford to loose you here.

N/B: my offer for a free medical consultation still stands, and privately at yahoo.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 5:31pm On Aug 06, 2007
naijaking1:

@frankiriri

N/B: my offer for a free medical consultation still stands, and privately at yahoo.
I will surely take you up on that offer. Hope we can trade some medical tips for some stock tips grin
I parted with an arm and a leg to get treated of typhoid.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 5:36pm On Aug 06, 2007
Oceanic is up there on my list of stocks to buy. However bear in mind that I only tout stocks that I believe in their long term potential. I like their growth rate and the fact that their year end is aound the corner makes it a double whammy for me.
Any one with some to sell can hook me up at frankiriri@yahoo.com.
I would also like some Dangote and some WAPIC
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 7:07pm On Aug 06, 2007
frankiriri:

I will surely take you up on that offer. Hope we can trade some medical tips for some stock tips grin
I parted with an arm and a leg to get treated of typhoid.

Literarily or figuratively? grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 7:41pm On Aug 06, 2007
An arm and a leg worth of stocks. I am sure the thot of a one armed frankiriri would not amuse you at all grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dearstan(m): 8:34pm On Aug 06, 2007
@frankiriri
you made a mistake putting your email address here cus its gonna be bombarded by spammers. my advise is you take it off before its too late.
meanwhile can you tell me when you think intercontinental, oceanic and firstbank would send out share certificates?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 8:39pm On Aug 06, 2007
mr frank iriri, (hope i got it right)

WELCOME BACK, WE MISSED You,

back to biz---
i just read about the STERLING BANK third quarter report which means that that year end is about september and results would out say by christamas. I also read about STERLING BANK making a PUBLIC OFFER ABOUT in Q4.

considering the closing price today N8 and the expected rally pre and post PUBLIC OFFER, Do u think its a BUY even at N10 so as to cah in by the end of the year( CHRISTMAS GIFT, IF You PERMIT ME).

ALL ANSWERS WELCOMED,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by presido1: 10:57pm On Aug 06, 2007
Just a new entrant for this thread and will be glad to get advice on Wapco and OandO shares as am considering selling mine.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by riffy: 11:05pm On Aug 06, 2007
@dearstan,
I KNOW FIRST BANK WILL BE DISPATCHING IT SHARE CERTIFICATES BY 10/09/2007.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 11:13pm On Aug 06, 2007
@ Tmoni,
where did you hear abt Sterlig po in q4?
can u provide a link or sth?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 11:52pm On Aug 06, 2007
@ Toni
I just read the article in the Guardian too.
Offer is slated for between 50-100BN.
Very interesting development there.
Looks like this is the time for banking stocks,

Entering at 8 is quite tricky tho, i am guesin the eps may be around 30k, pls correct me if i am wrong
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Vitastraka(m): 1:20am On Aug 07, 2007
@Presido

How can Presido be looking for stock when he is in hiding from the new regime??
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by naijaking1: 4:45am On Aug 07, 2007
@frankiriri

sure Frank, any time.

Meanwhile, any idea when my UBA and First Bank certificates would be out?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 6:44am On Aug 07, 2007
naijaking1:

@frankiriri

sure Frank, any time.

Meanwhile, any idea when my UBA and First Bank certificates would be out?
With the verification wahala, only God knows
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stanchuks(m): 7:55am On Aug 07, 2007
Please is Sterling Bank Plc on technical suspension?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 9:17am On Aug 07, 2007
@ frankiriri, why do u think wapic is a good buy? and what is ur take on this sterling bank offer.
pls holla asap.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by presido1: 1:58pm On Aug 07, 2007
Vitastraka:

@Presido
How can Presido be looking for stock when he is in hiding from the new regime??
This Presido hand dey clean, Vita if you can buy my share for wapco or OandO is up for grab.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by slaykay07: 4:28pm On Aug 07, 2007
Hi Guys,

What is happening to firstbank, it has lost about 5naira in just two days even though it's not yet bonus or dividend day??

Any ideas??
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 6:01pm On Aug 07, 2007
shigidi:

@ frankiriri, why do u think wapic is a good buy? and what is your take on this sterling bank offer.
please holla asap.
I like the fact that they are connected to a solid bank. in this era of universal banking and banks aiming for upselling their customers, keying into a key component of the financial services they provide will ensure that you smile to the bank.
For example for anyone that comes to my bank to take a loan we look for a way to tie it to them giving us an insurance policy. We either ask for key man insurance or insurance of the leased equipment or the property being financed. The insurance will cite us as a beneficiary and will of course be executed by our insurance arm.

As to sterling bank, I dont follow them. Any bank that is not in the top ten is not worthy of my attention
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 6:07pm On Aug 07, 2007
I prefer to go with the market leaders and companies that can grow their earnings at a fast rate. and I dont see Sterling as being a fast grower
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 6:13pm On Aug 07, 2007
Frankiriri: I bought into GTB b'because it was undervalued, I didn't factor in this GDR thing and the price just seems to keep dropping! I don't have a clue how this all plays out. Does anyone?

Do you know if its still a good investment?

Your help is highly appreciated.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 6:19pm On Aug 07, 2007
Relative to what other banking stocks are doing I still think GTB is undervalued.

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.