Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,866 members, 7,899,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 07:16 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (674) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (826342 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 11:11pm On Mar 17, 2008
aktopgun:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy not even one!!. not surprised though

i think frankiriri already has an investment club that can be used as a platform,
if guys can agree to come together.

@MR RISKY,you no go kill person for this thread ooh grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 11:13pm On Mar 17, 2008
AKTOPGUN, pls wats the lo lo no abc transport, is it wise to enter at current price
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 11:13pm On Mar 17, 2008
Krrush I think you have a point.Yeah sometimes companies declare losses.No doubt.My point is with 1.5 billion pasing through my hands in a year I will give the company more than 26 million naira profit before tax.

Infact,let Polyproducts sack some of it's work force,reduce production and give me 500 million to manage for them through one of my subsidiaries "Blueband Hedge Funds".I promise to give them 50 million at the end of the year.And that is me o, I know people like Roughcut and Pumping will be able to generate more .

1.5 billion might look like change bearing in mind the way our politicians steal money,but it is no chicken change.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 11:16pm On Mar 17, 2008
shigidi:

AKTOPGUN, please wats the lo lo no abc transport, is it wise to enter at current price

You hear say Armed Robbers attack bus for Ijebu you still dey ask conductor weda the bus still dey go Benin.
Mechanic never come repair am yet.Seriously this guy go bleed to around 6 naira before e find him resistance level,except ofcourse the rumour of the bonus and public offer comes very very soon!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 11:21pm On Mar 17, 2008
blue band, u get way withwords. nowyou don scare me from entering any bus grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lumidii: 11:22pm On Mar 17, 2008
@ Aktopgun: Oh my! sad I didn't see any response too, but thought i should just ask in case folks had been hooking up "off air", make better thing no pass me by.   I have heard of some groups coming together for such, but all the action takes place in london. Londoncool does know about them, but they're exclusively for the deepest of pockets. Some of the major contributors here can surely deliver on managing a mega-portfolio. Renaissance should come do their head-hunting on Nairaland, they'd probably poach one or two from here.

Please have me in mind incase anyother person signifies their interest.

@ hbrednic: Is frankiriri's still on?, i thought it was just for preferential allotment for one of the POs at the time.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by igetwicked: 11:26pm On Mar 17, 2008
blueband:

You hear say Armed Robbers attack bus for Ijebu you still dey ask conductor weda the bus still dey go Benin.
Mechanic never come repair am yet.Seriously this guy go bleed to around 6 naira before e find him resistance level,except ofcourse the rumour of the bonus and public offer comes very very soon!

This is hilarious, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.I can just imagine Shigidi carrying a "Jimtex bag" tapping the conductor on the shoulder asking him if the bus was still heading north.Meanwhile is JIMTEX doing a private placement?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 11:39pm On Mar 17, 2008
@aktopgun

Awful profit margin,agreed

But not in itself a conlusion of mago mago.This was the only area of dissenting opinion.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 11:43pm On Mar 17, 2008
As I wake up this morning come see pricelist, na im I decide say I no go even open my portfolio for Monday morning. I no wan make oyibo dey ask me for office whether I get flu!

E go better sha!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by son5070: 11:44pm On Mar 17, 2008
greentree:

as i mentioned here last week and was ignored. PHB is highly over subcribed. i am getting my full allocation because this is my year. anybody that wants theirs too this is the time to act. or wait for your returned monies in the next one month. lipsrsealed

I be like say nobody do PHB offer 4 here,anyway Bros,abeg eh,i dey heavily into this offer and i no go mind that ur contact at all at all.Abeg help a brother,this PO's na nightmare.Bros i beg ehh
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 11:47pm On Mar 17, 2008
Krush I agree with you.MAgu Magu no be the word to use.But sometimes na magu magu sha grin grin grin grin

For those interested in VISA IPO,forget it.Institutional investors will pick it up before you think about it.

IPO News for the Week Beginning 17th March 2008

The IPO Sector Roundup by John Lanyon
The IPO Market in the past week has been very quiet both in the UK and globally, with one exception; China. As mentioned here two weeks ago, the China Railway Construction Company was looking to complete its IPO at the end of last week.

News surrounding the $3bn float was very positive; indeed the Chinese portion of the float (a tranche of shares was also offered to foreign investors) was said to be 250 times oversubscribed - a new Chinese record, meaning there was $750bn worth of demand for only $2bn worth of available shares. The issue was priced at the top of its range, though in comparison with some of its peers, still managed to look cheap. The IPO was therefore billed to see a huge pop; but something went wrong. The IPO only saw a 28% rise on the opening day of trading – practically a crash for an emerging market IPO! Worldwide news focused on the growing inflation worries in China, leading to fears that the Chinese Government will start to look at a broad range of measures to curb inflation, and perhaps stifling growth.

In terms of the impact this will have on the IPO market in the UK, and particularly the private investor interested in IPOs, this is not the end of the world. However it does signal a deterioration in one of the last strongholds of IPO issuance, and fundraising potential. China is now home to the world’s biggest company, and has the record for many of the biggest IPOs globally, a deterioration from here signals nothing good for companies looking to join the UK markets, particularly those from emerging economies. It also signals that the large end (i.e. the private investor friendly end) of the IPO market may continue to stay closed for the foreseeable future – without even having the occasional multi-billion dollar issue from China to think about.

Worth watching in the coming week will be coverage surrounding the IPO of Visa in New York. As mentioned a few weeks ago, the giant financial services firm was due to begin trading on Wednesday in one of the biggest US IPOs ever. General consensus is that the IPO may well be postponed, presumably citing ‘deteriorating market conditions’, justifiable given the turmoil with the US banks in the last week; indeed two of the lead underwriters for the deal may end up too distracted with their own problems to focus 100% on the deal. Goldman Sachs will be releasing its results this week, expected to include their worst sub-prime losses to date, and JP Morgan will be justifying their proposed acquisition of troubled investment bank Bear Stearns, at a massive, Government aided discount. Though there is talk that the $18bn fundraising was received well by investors, a few choppy days in the US markets could still derail the issue.

Returning to the UK, last week saw one company completing its IPO on AIM. Valiant Petroleum, an oil and gas company that will focusing its exploration and production in the North Sea, joined the London market on Thursday. The company raised £50m, issuing shares at £7.50 to institutional investors. The company began trading with an opening market capitalisation just below £200m. Early trading went very well, with shares trading at over £8
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 11:48pm On Mar 17, 2008
its expected that 1.5 bil could have gotten poly products some reasonable profits, but since they made only a paltry 13 mil, we should have cause to suspect something else.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 11:59pm On Mar 17, 2008
invisible!:

its expected that 1.5 Bil could have gotten poly products some reasonable profits, but since they made only a paltry 13 mil, we should have cause to suspect something else.

Agreed."Suspect",not "conclude".

@Wanajo or other ear-to -the -ground guru,fit come now to talk say "outstanding item" or such like,dey for the result.

Hence the needed financial anaysis before crusifixion lipsrsealed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 12:04am On Mar 18, 2008
I still have not heard that anything has changed at Transcorp, but the shares continue to push up, any clues as to who is warehousing these shares/ any gists/rumours?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 12:08am On Mar 18, 2008
I was supposed to direct the above question at Samstone, chaiman of the board. But since he has gone to sleep, can anyone help him out. by the way, who are the last men standing with Transcorp in this forum?

Abi everybody don vex for Ndi and co and dump the shares run away? grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 12:12am On Mar 18, 2008
invisible!:

I still have not heard that anything has changed at Transcorp, but the shares continue to push up, any clues as to who is warehousing these shares/ any gists/rumours?
[quote][/quote]

Maybe UBA is finally pushing its weight around.Shebi the word is they invested deeply into Transcorp IPO?

Perhaps its the non-performance of Transcorp that has hitherto affected the inertia of UBA's price,considering its(UBA) great fundamentals,neverminding the so-called high nominal price.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 12:19am On Mar 18, 2008
Yes, cheesy as the gurus don tire to analyse today, let the floor open to the non gurus to air their own views about the market direction grin

The bears are expected to still terrorize the market for the remainder of the week since most players will be preparing for holidays, so buying 'dirt cheap' stocks will last till middle of next week if not ending of next week (the friday factor)

Dangote sugar will do a reversal tomorrow wait until those ppl wey no get telly for their house go hear the bonus rumous this night for beer palors grin buy orders will be flying in anyhow.

Afprint and vono wey dey fall like rock go catch themselves, stagnate small. (somebody go dash them temporal fundamentals for their 'cheapness'
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 12:26am On Mar 18, 2008
@invisible

Me sef don helep you modify for where I quote you.I adjust your erroneus 1.5 mil to 1.5 bil.As you sef done do.

Had to mention it as it irked my brain tongue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 12:28am On Mar 18, 2008
Does anyone know anything about Premier breweries at Onitsha? The stock has been frozen and the factory deserted, (also under lock and key) Two years ago, the Anambra state govt were talking about resourcitating the company.

What of Nigercem at Nkalagu, hey that one na serious obsolete company TKD. (totally knocked down) grin

@krrush, you sabi say as they talk small profits, na im my hand typed millions grin well done my man.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by imiegba1: 12:32am On Mar 18, 2008
I see say everybody don sleep. Thanks to everybody on this forum. Finally exited Eternaoil today grin grin grin. Is Ikeja Hotel still okay to go into. I placed my order with my broker since Friday still no show.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 12:43am On Mar 18, 2008
@ Invisible

How can the Perpetual Chairman of Transcorp sleep? Cheeky!!
Do you want me to take the Chevrolet back?

The enemies of Transcorp have done their worst and failed.
What is left now is how much will they get for their relinquished portion of Nitel? The residual will generate good income for Transcorp under the new competent and solvent owners.

Can't say what else is driving the price but it was flying before minister of miscommunication struck.

Relax and wait for the loot to come rolling in.

Samstone4 cool cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 12:45am On Mar 18, 2008
ikeja hotels is a sound stok with nice fundamentals, my only fear for you trying to enter now is that a lot of ppl bought at prices below N7, so N10 will be a nice exit point, but it may still break trough N12 or above.

Disclosure, am neck deep in this one.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 1:18am On Mar 18, 2008
UBA DAILY STOCK POSITION

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by imiegba1: 1:21am On Mar 18, 2008
@invisible, Thanks I guess I need to tell my broker to hold brake a little. Keep my eyes out for any new oppourtunity. Do U have any good tip I understand everything about C. E.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 1:33am On Mar 18, 2008
ekwu_2000:

Hello,
PLEASE DIS REGARD

@loma's post.

See me see trouble o. Which of my posts do you want them to disregard? Unless you publish a full page centerspread unreserved apology in a widely read daily newspaper within the next 7 days, I will devote a cartoon to you cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 1:38am On Mar 18, 2008
@loma
I think he meant this. Do u see that the poster's id is loml it is close to urs.
loml:

Investment and Allied Assurance.

Investment Duration: ShortTerm (3-6mths)
Today's Price: N5 (4 units of shares)
Trading Range: N6:00 - N20:00
Personal Rating: 7/10

This was offered on private placement Last year (precisely - August, 2007) at N2.60 at N2.00 par value, today it's being offered for N5.k. This means that you will get 4 times the number of shares you pay for, and since It will come to the market at N1.50 it actually means that it's coming at the equivalent of N6.00 at N2 par value. There is a limited offer of this available for N5 per share also at N2.00 par value. You can get reciepts for whatever volume you want within what is available. The company was in for the quotation committee meeting last week, and it can be crossed directly to individual accounts in the CSCS. All Interested in this are required to make their cheques available to Infinity Royal Asset Managment Ltd by Thursday this week. Drop your Check at Generis Solutions, 3rd Floor Oluwatobi House, 71 Allen Avenue, Ikeja Lagos ask for Joseph Osodi,

BGL Securities.

Investment Duration: Midterm (1-2yrs)
Today's Price: N7:00
Trading Range: N20:00 - N30:00
Personal Rating: 6/10

This is one of the biggest Stock broking firms in Nigeria. Information reaching me has it that they don't need our money. The private placement is already closed, but we have a few days window to tap into it. Their Private Placement share price is N7.00 and they are planning to be listed first quarter of next year at N27.00. Minimum shares one can buy in the PP is 1,000,000 units, but we can collaborate. All interested in this are required to make their cheques available to Infinity Royal Asset Managment Ltd by Thursday this week, please ensure that you get your reciepts. Drop your Check at Generis Solutions, 3rd Floor Oluwatobi House, 71 Allen Avenue, Ikeja Lagos ask for Ogho Emore.

APT Securities and Funds.

Investment Duration: Midterm (1-2yrs)
Today's Price: N6:00
Trading Range: N20:00 - N30:00
Personal Rating: 6/10

This is also one of the top 10 Stock broking firms in Nigeria, The APT securities stock private placment is already closed, but it's available for us. We have an opportunity to pick multiples of 1,000,000 shares at N6:00 per share. All interested in this are required to make their cheques available to Infinity Royal Asset Managment Ltd by Wednessday this week, please ensure that you get your reciepts.Drop your Check at Generis Solutions, 3rd Floor Oluwatobi House, 71 Allen Avenue, Ikeja Lagos ask for  Joseph Osodi

Osodi Joseph 'Ekwu,
Deals administrator,
New Nigeria Club.
e.osodi@generis-solutions.com
www.josephekwu.,

I got this mail this morning please could someone  explain it better for me in layman's language
thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 2:18am On Mar 18, 2008
SavvyLanre:

@Greentree - na who tell you say we dey ignore you,  siddon there, we dey digest you well well - sometimes when people no talk, them no mean say them ignore you,  It is wisdom to listen first and speak later,

Anway, me i dey watch you closely - since the day after your met with Napoleon. (I no forget)

You no wan tell am say he dey on probation? LOL
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 2:30am On Mar 18, 2008
cheexy:

You no wan tell am say he dey on probation? LOL

Ha haba Cheexy - you wan put me for trouble - greentree sabi vex well well o,
ehnn the guy go soon commot from probation,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 2:34am On Mar 18, 2008
imiegba1:

I see say everybody don sleep. Thanks to everybody on this forum. Finally exited Eternaoil today  grin grin grin. Is Ikeja Hotel still okay to go into. I placed my order with my broker since Friday still no show.

Na who tell you make you commot for eternaoil ride - siddon there o, there has been no indication of a slow down as of yet, in fact, e be like say my wife no go gree me commot until it touch 100, but, we shall see - as i fit don CiCo once it pass 70 mark
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 2:42am On Mar 18, 2008
[/quote][quote author=SavvyLanre link=topic=31554.msg2066436#msg2066436 date=1205803815]
Ha haba Cheexy - you wan put me for trouble - greentree sabi vex well well o,
ehnn the guy go soon commot from probation,

Sent to coventry by some. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Meanwhile,notice how history seems to be repeating itself.

[size=14pt]Didn't the historical [b]Napoleon Bonapart [/b]go on self-exile to some Islet called Alba,I think?[/size] Wey that map of Europa?Wey compass,sef?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by greentree(m): 2:48am On Mar 18, 2008
:-x

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.