Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,608 members, 7,932,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 01:20 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (676) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (831461 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lumidii: 11:15am On Mar 18, 2008
abdul_m1:

please. can someone help me with this problem. i bought dangote flour during ipd and i have not received my return money or my certificate please if anyone can tell what to do about this, i bought it from GTB bank.

thanks for your anticipated reply.

You may ring oceanic registrars on 01-8756813, you'll have to go to the GTBank branch you bought from to pick up your return cheque. Hope this helps
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 11:17am On Mar 18, 2008
LondonCool:

@Roughcut,

I didnt quite get the NHFTF (?)  bit. !

I meant the National Housing Federation Trust Fund. You seem knowledgeable on these things as per some of your posts i have read. Apparently you need to be paying about 2.5% of your salary into the fund to be able to qualify for preferential mortage rates. I no dey get salary for Nigeria so would like to know how it worked for you.

I will yarn with you later back to watching the NSE and its gyrations grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mecatchcha: 11:22am On Mar 18, 2008
lumidii:

What is this gist going round on Dunlop?  Retrenchment, factory closing etc Is this part of the strategic turn-around? I hope the board-aspirant on here is on top of the goings-on in Dunlop.

@Wanajo, @Pumping @AkTopGun and @All,

Abeg, anybody fit comment on above quote posted by Lumidii. I just ordered a ship load of Dunlop today. Hope the info about closing down is false.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 11:23am On Mar 18, 2008
@All

Online from the floor

DSR is bleeding, even with the impressive results and bonus.
Open/High/low/Close -------> 46.05/46.49/46.03/

ABCTRANS is bleeding as well
Open/High/Low/Close ------> 6.67/6.67/6.67/
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 11:25am On Mar 18, 2008
abdul_m1:

please. can someone help me with this problem. i bought dangote flour during ipd and i have not received my return money or my certificate please if anyone can tell what to do about this, i bought it from GTB bank.

thanks for your anticipated reply.

Someone has already posted the phone number so i wont bother repeating it again but in case you having difficulty getting though try this other number 01-815 2470.  i noticed you are abroad  so what you do if you cant physically attend is write a letter of authorization for someone you trust with the details of your application and signed by you then ask the person to take the letter with their identification to the GTB branch where you purchased the shares and your cheque must be waiting there for you
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 11:28am On Mar 18, 2008
bigjay01:

@All

ABCTRANS is bleeding as well
Open/High/Low/Close ------> 6.67/6.67/6.67/

That is not exactly unexpected if you read what i posted yesterday!So if you think there's value in buying the stock opportunity for you to join the BUS
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Highlander: 11:28am On Mar 18, 2008
Highlander:

Dangote Sugar is one of the fundamentally sound companies in NSE. I'm sure most of today's profit takers were still not sure of the bonus story by the time they gave their sale order. Watch what will happen tomorrow.

The market is not looking good for Dangote Sugar. Something is definitely wrong with NSE.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 11:30am On Mar 18, 2008
lumidii:

What is this gist going round on Dunlop? Retrenchment, factory closing etc Is this part of the strategic turn-around? I hope the board-aspirant on here is on top of the goings-on in Dunlop.

I beg where you get this one from o? Enlighten the house. They have just spent N8B most of the proceeds from the last PO on a radial tyre plant
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mishooo(m): 11:35am On Mar 18, 2008
Husu:

@all,
i put some of the quotes from napoleon in my e-mail inbox.and it dissapeared from my e-mail,na waoo!!!.

HABA shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 11:36am On Mar 18, 2008
aktopgun:

@wanajo

i see your point. however the very fact that the IPO was unsuccessful says a lot to me. the mngt took the path of least resistance in going for a loan then, if indeed they did and are now paying for it. the interest has obviously eroded whatever profit they would have made.

Also even if their IPO/PO was unsuccessful, surely some people must have bought into it and i am assuming by unsuccessful u mean it didnt experience the level of oversubscription we are seeing in recent PO/IPO offers of recent memory. Even if it was 25% subscribed, the mngt have yet to show they have effectively put the money to good enough use going by their results.

th ejury is still out for me on polyproducts sha and i hope they do improve their margins.

Poly products did not do a PO. Was only trying to explain how companies have huge turnover but little profit to show for it especially in the manufacturing sector.

Raising equity to fund business is a way out but before now, it was not a successful venture which was why I mentioned First Aluminium and Presco.

I know next to nothing about Poly Products but what I can see is a company positioning itself to raise capital from the market.

If you grow your turnover, it is an evidence that you still have 'business' going.

That your margin is thin indicates that your cost is high. One bit of high operating cost in Nigeria is interest expenses. This is incurred due to lack of working capital. For companies that are has enough reserve/working capital, they have huge interest income. Ashaka cement is a company that is able to pay dividend to its shareholders just from its interest income!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 11:38am On Mar 18, 2008
RoughCut:

That is not exactly unexpected if you read what i posted yesterday!So if you think there's value in buying the stock opportunity for you to join the BUS

Na lie, na me dey with the driver for front, i wrote in the context of stocking up, i no fit miss out for dat ABC jollof rice oooo
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 11:40am On Mar 18, 2008
Not sure why people are jittery about DSR. Those selling are the speculators who got what they did not expect. The closure date is damn to close for them to do anything. So they know that they ccannot jerk the price up hence the need to sell.

DSR to me is still a GOOD BUY.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by eny3: 11:42am On Mar 18, 2008
@ speedy08

Delta Glass is the old name of Beta Glass. The name change was in August 2000 http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/snapshot/snapshot.asp?capId=20384842

Since you placed an order for 25,000 units, you can request Zenith securities to reverse the trade for the additional units. ( I guess they will just sell it to take it off your account). You are not supposed to pay the charges 'cos it was their mistake. It has happened to me twice with two different brokers and it was taken off my account and I did not pay charges in both cases. good luck with it,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lumidii: 11:44am On Mar 18, 2008
RoughCut:

I beg where you get this one from o? Enlighten the house. They have just spent N8B most of the proceeds from the last PO on a radial tyre plant

I got this from the live programme beamed from the floor of the NSE on AIT, i was just flicking thru and got only part of the gist. Err, i don't want to be seen as a messenger of doom. Don't want any referrals to Aktopgun & blueband grin.  It might just be one of the plants being shut down, certainly not the newly installed radial tyre plant.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 11:49am On Mar 18, 2008
wanaj0:

Not sure why people are jittery about DSR. Those selling are the speculators who got what they did not expect. The closure date is damn to close for them to do anything. So they know that they ccannot jerk the price up hence the need to sell.

Bonus come dem sell, Bonus no come dem still sell. Sounds familiar.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 11:52am On Mar 18, 2008
lumidii:

I got this from the live programme beamed from the floor of the NSE on AIT, i was just flicking through and got only part of the gist. Err, i don't want to be seen as a messenger of doom. Don't want any referrals to Aktopgun & blueband grin. It might just be one of the plants being shut down, certainly not the newly installed radial tyre plant.

Ah Thank God for that clarification. Well it makes sense if they have a new multi-billion radial tyre plant and they need to shut down old and probably unprofitable/unproductive plants so be it.

The problem is with the way the info was disseminated. Sometimes the presentation is as important as the substance.

Catch my drift?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cj2008: 11:53am On Mar 18, 2008
UNILEVER PLC
AUDITED RESULT FOR THE FULL YEAR ENDED 31ST DECEMBER 2007
                          2007        2006
TURNOVER                   N33.990b    N25.554b
PROFIT BEFORE TAXATION     N2.013b    (N2.120b)
TAXATION                  (N716.615m)  N745.870m
PROFIT AFTER TAXATION      N1.296b    (N1.374b)
EXTRA ORDINARY ITEMS      (N219.037m) (N242.900m)
PROFIT AFTER TAXATION AND
EXTRA ORDINARY ITEMS       N1.077b    (N1.617b)
PROPOSED DIVIDEND 25K
2006 NIL CLOSURE ADTE 24TH TO 28TH MARCH 2008
PAYMENT DATE MONDAY 28TH APRIL 2008
AGM: FRIDAFY 25TH APRIL 2008 AT 11.00 A.M AT
SHELL HALL OF THE MUSON CENTER
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 11:55am On Mar 18, 2008
I dunno why people are expecting huge upward movements in dangote sugar even with the bonus, the market is currently filled with much better options, stocks will low nominal prices with good prospects, Your regular guy is making a killing doing cico off 5 naira stocks and after 2 weeks, he's made a killing so why buy dsr?
if u buying dangote above 40, what is your exit price?
heard some sharper folks are just returning their loot from first al, capoil, afroil, berger paints et al and these are stocks that all did well over 60%, heck, even ALL my insurance stocks have all performed and will continue to perform better than dsr,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 11:58am On Mar 18, 2008
wanaj0:

don't mind them jare. its the speculators that are jittery. we all know its still a fundamentally sound company any day. it continues to grow both actual profits and profit margins yr on yr.  it might be a good time to get in on it once the haemorrhage has stopped.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 12:01pm On Mar 18, 2008
Temmie10:

I don't know why people are expecting huge upward movements in dangote sugar even with the bonus, the market is currently filled with much better options, stocks will low nominal prices with good prospects, Your regular guy is making a killing doing cico off 5 naira stocks and after 2 weeks, he's made a killing so why buy dsr?
if u buying dangote above 40, what is your exit price?
heard some sharper folks are just returning their loot from first al, capoil, afroil, berger paints et al and these are stocks that all did well over 60%, heck, even ALL my insurance stocks have all performed and will continue to perform better than dsr,

Right now everyone is looking for small cap stocks so dey can make Dangote's own prediction of 10 more Nigerians joining him next year on that  list come to fruition.
I think we'll see a different story on the floor during NSE Q2.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 12:02pm On Mar 18, 2008
Temmie10:

Am i saying what i think you are trying to say  You seem to be talking CICO/RO-RO language abi you don join that side? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 12:05pm On Mar 18, 2008
FatherOF2:

Right now everyone is looking for small cap stocks so dey can make Dangote's own prediction of 10 more Nigerians joining him next year on that list come to fruition.
I think we'll see a different story on the floor during NSE Q2.

Make i decode that one sharp sharp. Na im be say during the NSE Q2 we should be looking for Large Cap stocks ha ha ha ha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 12:10pm On Mar 18, 2008
A secret is no longer a secret once another person don hear except the holder of the secret.
That is why RT Briscoe is enjoying and DSR is suffering. The market anticipates a lot in the price wen bonus rumour leaks.
Most times its beta to take your money out b4 announcement wen you hear bonus rumour months or weeks ahead.
Zenith couldn't move anywhere last year wen dey finally announced. Everybody heard of Bonus since March.
" BUY ON RUMOUR, SELL ON NEWS". Classical case.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cj2008: 12:12pm On Mar 18, 2008
does anyone know d allotment ratio of costain ipo?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 12:15pm On Mar 18, 2008
RoughCut:

Am i saying what i think you are trying to say  You seem to be talking CICO/RO-RO language abi you don join that side? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
anybody that did not do any cico in the last 3 months has clearly missed a great deal of loot as u are aware,
But having said that, qtr 2 and qtr3 can always have a bear surprise if u don adapt tactics quickly,
Abi when it is summer, wear light clothes and in winter keep warm, thats my modus operandi with NSE,
in cico time, enjoy the ride, when push comes to shove, join the fundamental talibans cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 12:16pm On Mar 18, 2008
RoughCut:

Make i decode that one sharp sharp. Na im be say during the NSE Q2 we should be looking for Large Cap stocks ha ha ha ha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Everybody get their season for NSE, you no see say Insurance season don temporarily pass. E go come back again later. Right now na Small cap season
we dey. Na only NSE get many season wen pass oyinbo four.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Malaga: 12:21pm On Mar 18, 2008
As the only tyre manufacturing coy in Naija, Federal government solidly behind Dunlop hence the ban on the importation of tyre. Arrangement on the way to export tyres to other African countries. Liquidated funds from Michelin finds it way to Dunlop. Banks favours Dunlop. Dunlop is monopoly in the sector.

Dongote is successful cos he got govt backing. Dunlop already got Govt backing. Dunlop is already a success.

The news on AIT this morning is about Closing unprofitable factories, doing away with excess capacity and redundancy to reduce cost. The company just spent over N10B on a radial tyre plant. complete turn-around coy. Expect huge profit and more foreign investors. Expect surge on the price after easter.

recommendation BUY BUY BUY!

the price will try to meet up with RT B.

Disclosure, i don't have dunlop but will buy on Tuesday when my dough is ready.

No caveat just buy ! but wait o after i don enter on Tuesday.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lumidii: 12:29pm On Mar 18, 2008
RoughCut:

Ah Thank God for that clarification. Well it makes sense if they have a new multi-billion radial tyre  plant and they need to shut down old and probably unprofitable/unproductive plants so be it.

The problem is with the way the info was disseminated. Sometimes the presentation is as important as the substance.

Catch my drift?

Noted for adoption. Anyone with substantial interests should be able to get more info from the brokers. I have daily google alerts on companies i'm into big time, i just thought i should alert Dunlop investors as i don't recall anyone mentioning shutting down of plants or retrenchments.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DDOTS1(m): 12:38pm On Mar 18, 2008
@all,

I beg, anybody get gist about the union diagonistic PP wey happen a while ago?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by abdulm1(m): 1:02pm On Mar 18, 2008
thank you Mr  RoughCut  i did not see the post that was posted earlier on. i will surely do that.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Malaga: 1:16pm On Mar 18, 2008
further bleeding on ABC closed at 6.67
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:20pm On Mar 18, 2008
Hmnnnn,  ABC shed some weight as expected  and guess what? Dunlop is representing as expected!and Ikeja Hotels is now out of my striking raduis

Costain is now officially OUTRAGEOUS and if i had gone back in again into John Holt last week i would have made more than 25% shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.